2003 Rules question. Anyone? Spent hours on this.

I have my regular ISP email address, and a forwarding email address, that
forwards some of my email to my ISP address. I get email to both addresses
daily.

I created a rule to move all mail where "my name is not in the To box" to a
test folder, with the eventual goal of changing it to "Permanently Delete."
However, it only works for the email address that is set up in my Mail
Account, and not my forwarding address. (Which makes sense.) But I want to
create this rule for both email addresses, otherwise, I am only getting half
the benefit of the rule.

I've searched Google and found nothing. I played with "With Specific words
in the recipients address," then adding 'myforwarding@email.com. Then moving
it to inbox, but that wouldn't work, because then any Junk Mail with that
address would go to my inbox. I have given this a lot of effort, and am
stumped.

As we all know, many people have 10s, even hundreds of forwarding email
addresses going to one ISP account. The ability to create a rule for all of
them in one rule, to me, is crucial for email management.

Is there any way to create this rule for two or more email addresses?
Thanks.

BTW. Thanks for great product Microsoft! The more I play with 2003, the more
I love it.

does the other account get spam? if you add a rule where you also look for
mail sent to the other address, it won't get rid of a lot of the spam. (Sent
to people or dis. list, which probably does the same as words in header)

Rules are good for sorting mail sent to different accounts but if you need
better junk protection you need to use programs like mailwasher to filter
unwanted mail, not rules.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003

http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"Flatch U. Lance" <Flatchyflatch@gas.com> wrote in message
> I have my regular ISP email address, and a forwarding email address, that
> forwards some of my email to my ISP address. I get email to both addresses
> daily.
>
> I created a rule to move all mail where "my name is not in the To box" to
> test folder, with the eventual goal of changing it to "Permanently
Delete."
> However, it only works for the email address that is set up in my Mail
> Account, and not my forwarding address. (Which makes sense.) But I want to
> create this rule for both email addresses, otherwise, I am only getting
half
> the benefit of the rule.
>
> I've searched Google and found nothing. I played with "With Specific words
> in the recipients address," then adding 'myforwarding@email.com. Then
moving
> it to inbox, but that wouldn't work, because then any Junk Mail with that
> address would go to my inbox. I have given this a lot of effort, and am
> stumped.
>
> As we all know, many people have 10s, even hundreds of forwarding email
> addresses going to one ISP account. The ability to create a rule for all
of
> them in one rule, to me, is crucial for email management.
>
> Is there any way to create this rule for two or more email addresses?
> Thanks.
>
> BTW. Thanks for great product Microsoft! The more I play with 2003, the
more
> I love it.

0
dianenws (1904)
11/8/2003 5:02:34 PM
of you could just use outlook 2003's junk email filter, which does exactly
that ?
"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> does the other account get spam? if you add a rule where you also look for
> mail sent to the other address, it won't get rid of a lot of the spam.
(Sent
> to people or dis. list, which probably does the same as words in header)
>
> Rules are good for sorting mail sent to different accounts but if you need
> better junk protection you need to use programs like mailwasher to filter
> unwanted mail, not rules.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003
>
> http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
> Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>
> Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
> Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:

> "Flatch U. Lance" <Flatchyflatch@gas.com> wrote in message
> > I have my regular ISP email address, and a forwarding email address,
that
> > forwards some of my email to my ISP address. I get email to both
addresses
> > daily.
> >
> > I created a rule to move all mail where "my name is not in the To box"
> > test folder, with the eventual goal of changing it to "Permanently
> Delete."
> > However, it only works for the email address that is set up in my Mail
> > Account, and not my forwarding address. (Which makes sense.) But I want
> > create this rule for both email addresses, otherwise, I am only getting
> half
> > the benefit of the rule.
> >
> > I've searched Google and found nothing. I played with "With Specific
words
> > in the recipients address," then adding 'myforwarding@email.com. Then
> moving
> > it to inbox, but that wouldn't work, because then any Junk Mail with
that
> > address would go to my inbox. I have given this a lot of effort, and am
> > stumped.
> >
> > As we all know, many people have 10s, even hundreds of forwarding email
> > addresses going to one ISP account. The ability to create a rule for all
> of
> > them in one rule, to me, is crucial for email management.
> >
> > Is there any way to create this rule for two or more email addresses?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > BTW. Thanks for great product Microsoft! The more I play with 2003, the
> more
> > I love it.

0
neil3802 (91)

5.5 to 2003 migration gone bad
I was in the middle of a 5.5 to 2003 migration, when a power outage / surge happened. Since then all incoming and outgoing mail ceased to function, and eventually the 5.5 server fails to boot. As of right now I have a current backup of the 5.5 info, but no backup of the 2003 info. However, I can still log into the 2003 server without a problem. I would like to install exchange 2003 on a new server, and somehow move whatever info i can get from the old 2003 server and 5.5 server to get things running again. Any other thought / ideas of how I can get our email up ASAP? ...

Connect Exchange 2000 to the Internet
I know this has been asked before, but I cannot seem to find one clear answer. Here is my problem. I have a Windows 2000 LAN with two WIN2000 servers, one being the PDC, the other with Exchange 2000 being the BDC. Both behind a RED HAT 7.2 box and out to the internet. The internal messaging is handled by the mentioned server, but for Internet mail, we have a mail service given by our ISP with 20 mailboxes and 200 mb space on disk. So each user gets internal mail thru exchange, and pop3 mail directly from the internet via our isp. I would like to change the configuration so that the exchan...

Is ther a like function RAT() in VBA for Access 2003 as in .net?
Hello, I'm looking for a function in Access 2003 VBA that would act like RAT() fuction in .net. However, it must be called within a query statment. Thanks A Lot. Daniel. What does the RAT( ) function do in .Net? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Something like RAT() Function" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm looking for a function in Access 2003 VBA that would act like RAT() > fuction in .net. However, it must be called within a query statment. > > Thanks A Lot. > > Daniel. instrrev() will suit your needs I bel...

Weird System Undeliverable Messages (Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003) and some Exchange Server errors? Advice?
I'm getting this weird undeliverable error message with about 2 or 3 people now (Cant find much on the way on this online though): Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. Error is [0x80004005-00000000-00000000]. I had both users turn off "cached" mode.. and so far so good, but this isnt an adequate solution... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx On the Server (Exchange 2003 SP2) I am getting a bunch of errors in the event viewer: EventID 623: Sou...

Add a list of words in a senders name to rule?
I would like to create a "cleanup" rule to run periodically. I would like to be able to put a list of domain names in a list, then have a rule where if any of those domain names are in the sender name they will be moved into the deleted folder. I get a lot of mail that I don't want to filter, but don' necessarily read everday either, and it mounts up. So, it would be nice if once ever couple of months I could go in,run the cleanup rule and clear the old ones out. -Jim You can do this by creating a rule that looks for "specific words in the sender's address"...

Very strange behavior with contact/email confusion Outlook 2003
On WinXP professional with latest service packs (for office too). I open outlook and create a new email. (Ctl+shift+M) Start typing my name in the 'to' field and it guesses my work email joe.doe@company.com I right click on this email and choose 'Look up outlook contact' and it brings up an old email. Every email I send to this address bears the subject of the email in the 'to' field: "If women ruled the world". If I click 'Add or edit phone numbers' a contact pops up with the subject as the Full name "If women ruled the world" If I type i...

Workflow Rule using Email Template error
I have a workflow rule that is set to send an email template on a case assign. I am able to email with setting up rules without using the template. The workflow rule fails, giving the following error message: The user I am assigning the case to does have the correct email in the primary email field. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMWorkflowService Description: The description for Event ID ( 5895 ) in Source ( MSCRMWorkflowService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You ...

Anyone know when there might be a fix for the "corrupt font error" issues??????
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3233316366_1747827 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Its such a major pain. I have tried everything on the boards, and they are temp fixes at best. -ww- --B_3233316366_1747827 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Anyone know when there might be a fix for the &quot;corrupt font err= or&q...

Clarify from Exchange / AD Experts - Exchange 5.5 to 2003
Background: ------------- Environment 1 - Domain QQQ.COM: Windows 2003 AD and Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5 - mixed mode on both OS and mail (non-native - obviously) Environment 2 - Domain ZZZ.COM: Windows 2003 single DC / domain which gets its mail from the Exchange 5.5 Server above (the Exchange 5.5 Server is local to this location - Environment 2 but is actual joined to domain QQQ.CM). Again, the Exchange 5.5 Server in this location is actually part of QQQ.COM domain, but is physically located in the ZZZ.COM Domain. Goal: ----- In Environment 2(second location), change out...

Font size question
sorry, this question is not Windows XP related, but about POS printer: when in specification noted, that POS printer has two fonts: Font A is 12x24 dots, Font B is 9x17 dots (Dot = 0.123 mm): does this mean font width x height, or this mean height of lowercase and uppercase symbols? (12 and 24) thanks. On 1/19/2010 8:03 AM, amber wrote: > sorry, this question is not Windows XP related, but about POS printer: > when in specification noted, that POS printer has two fonts: Font A is > 12x24 dots, Font B is 9x17 dots (Dot = 0.123 mm): does this mean font > width x h...

Advanced filter poor performance in Excel 2003
I have an advanced filter executed in VBA that worked great until upgrading to Excel 2003. When I put in criteria the first time, the filtering works fine, but when the criteria row is blanked out so that all rows are unhidden, it takes forever for that to happen. I suspect that every formula on the sheet is being recalculated. Is there a technical explanation for why this problem happens now? Is there a way to work around this without setting the sheet calculation option to manual? I've seen slow downs when filtering, but usually showing all the rows is quicker--well at...

Calculating age from two date fields-Excel 2003
I'm not sure what section this question should go in. I need to find if a person was 40 years of age or older (= or >) at his Date of Hire. I have two columns, Birth Date and Date of Hire. How would I write a formula to give me this answer? Thanks in advance Try this: A1 = DOB B1 = DOH =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"y")>=40 That will return either TRUE or FALSE -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Veteran of the Software Cycles" <VeteranoftheSoftwareCycles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97B155B5-68F0-49EB-910C-549B84737765@microsoft.com... > I...

Outlook 2000 vs 2003
We have a bunch of public folders that our Outlook 2000 users have had no problems seeing or using the views (on an exchange 2003 server). Recently a few random people sometime cannot display a particular public folder, or the view won't filter properly. If you use 2003 under the same account, the everything works perfectly What's the scoop? -Rob T. ...

Exchange 2003 computer account
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 network (AD). One of my admins was trying to test the exchange restore, but he screwed up. He setup a test network, isolated from production network. He tried to do restore from tape, etc, etc. I still don't know exactly what he did, but our production exchange is not part of network anymore.. I notice the Exchange server name was missing from Exchange Domain Servers groups in AD. So I added back in. The computer name is still in AD. However we cannot login into Exchange server into domain. When I try to do that, I get a message that says: Window...

Basic Acct Question Checks and Witholdings
Hello all. Ok basic accounting 101 probably. What destination would a check and witholdings be applied against in Great Plains? Would that be accounts payable as a payables transaction? We have quarterly check runs that happen outside of great plains and an outside vendor cuts checks. We want to start logging these checks and witholdings possibly on those checks in GP so we can 1099 report at the end of the year. I am just trying to figure out where to start. I will want to use Integration Manager to handle this once I get all the fields together such as Customer ID, Check Numbe...

Why does "windows in taskbar" not work in excel 2003
I am running Excel 2003 on WindowsXP Pro and the Windows in Taskbar does not work. Sometimes the Excel icon in the taskbar will disapear when you click on it; I have to click Alt+Tab in order to see and get to the open Excel session at that point. I ran Excel /regserver and Detect and repair and no luck. Try: Tools > Options > View and ensure Windows In Taskbar is checked. HTH hey DNA, Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work. basically when I turn it off and apply and then switch it back on it works but when Excel is closed and reopend, it no longer works. Anybody? &...

Exchange 2003 #20
I'm using Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 on a W2k Server to backup Exchange 2003. I am unable to get a backup of our Public folders and and mailboxes. When the Public Folders get backed-up it tells me that there are 67 corrupt files. It then backs-up the mailboxes and tells me that 10,751 files were skipped and 1 file was corrupt. All other backups ok fine and are successful. How can I get a backups of our mailboxes and public folders? It this an issue with Veritas backup exec or Exchange? This has only occured since I migrated from exchange 2000 to 2003 Cheers Did you install all Verita...

Migrating to Exchange 2003 Test
I am trying to go to Exchange 2003 (test environment) Here is my senerio Ser-1 Domain controler AD & global catalog server (W2K) Ser-2 Exchange-2000 with restored database (W2K) Ser-3 Exchange-2003 (W2K3) did run forestprep and domainprep before I installed Exchange 2003 no errors. I am always logged on as administrator to the domain on any server, & al Exchange services are running. Problem: No event log errors system or Application on any server Ser-2 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-2 and Ser-3 Ser-3 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-3 but not from Ser-2 The info. store is not moun...

Content select question?
Dear All, I wonder if any property or method could to check the current document content is selected all or not? Many thanks David If you mean all as in the context of using CTRL+A then If Selection.Range.Start = ActiveDocument.Range.Start And _ Selection.Range.End = ActiveDocument.Range.End Then MsgBox "The document is selected" Else MsgBox "Only part of the document is selected" End If would do that, but it would be better to assign a range rather than a selection and then you would not need to make the test. Set oRng = ActiveDoc...

How to display 5.5 hours instead of 5.30 when adding \ subtracting
when adding or subtracting times (13:00-08:30) how do i get the answer formatted to show answer as 4.5 instead of 04:30 Try formatting the result as NUMBER, instead of Date or Time. Format>Cells>Number tab Category: Number Decimal Places: 2 Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "excel novice" wrote: > when adding or subtracting times (13:00-08:30) how do i get the answer > formatted to show answer as 4.5 instead of 04:30 If 4:30 is in A1, then use =A1*24 and format the cell as Number with 2 decimals Excel keeps time as a fraction of a day. -- Bernard V Lien...

Exchange tabs missing on 2 other 2003 DC's
I have a simple question (I hope) I used to have a 2000 GC with exchange 2000 on it. I have now moved to a 2003 domain and have migrated to Exchange 2003. This is all on 1 server, and I know "now" that having the GC on the Exchange server is not a good idea (but we all make due on a limited budget). I have just recently added 2 DC in a hope to move the GC off of the exchange server. Here is my question: Why are the Exchange tabs missing from the 2 other DC’s? I was under the impression that I did not have to install the Exchange management tools on the other DC’s. If this...

Can I Edit The View In Outlook 2003 CalendarTo Be A Six Day Week
I know the choices up top are for a five and seven day week, but I'd like to see Monday through Saturday excluding just Sunday. Can I customize the view and am just missing it? TIA! On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 15:08:17 -0500, Pulu wrote: >I know the choices up top are for a five and seven day week, but I'd >like to see Monday through Saturday excluding just Sunday. Can I >customize the view and am just missing it? > >TIA! Think I got it, Alt-6! I'll try the Alt+6, but I usually have four days in my calendar view, and I highlight the range of days in the...

Extract and count unique entries in a list (Excel 2003)
I have a list of items (all text strings, but some rows are blank) in column A. I want to extract a list of all the unique text strings and to count how many occurrences there are of each one. I've had a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique but it doesn't quite do what I want. Any help would be gratefully received. Gavin Hi if this is a one-time operation try to use 'Data - filter - Advanced Filter' and check 'Unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "gavin" <no-one@home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag n...

Question about Outlook client config
I have several thousand Outlook 2003 clients that currently have their "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" set to a local PST. I need a reliable way to force all of these system to deliver to their Exchange mailbox without losing all of the other settings within their Mail profile. I have tried to use a PRF, but the only way that I can get the PRF to force the change from PST to mailbox is to use the "Overwrite existing Exchange settings if an Exchange connection exists," but this seems to "overwrite" too many other options to be a viabl...

Entourage Rules Database Corrupt
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I get a message that the Rules Database is corrupt and Entourage will not start. I have rebuild the database and still be a error. <br><br>I am using a MacBook Pro. ...