100%cpu use

Outlook 2000 sp3  IMO on win2000 wkstn sp4 all latest updates applied.
About 30 seconds after outlook is opened the CPU utilization goes to 100%
and stays there until outlook is closed.
Same effect in safemode.  I have tried the /clearreminders switch.   I will
need to fix this or get another email client that works.  Any suggestions
appreciated

CR

0
nospam3434 (231)

Are there any third party spam filters installed on the system?  If so, I'd
disable them and see if the CPU usage goes down.

"MS-News" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Outlook 2000 sp3  IMO on win2000 wkstn sp4 all latest updates applied.
> About 30 seconds after outlook is opened the CPU utilization goes to 100%
> and stays there until outlook is closed.
> Same effect in safemode.  I have tried the /clearreminders switch.   I
> will
> need to fix this or get another email client that works.  Any suggestions
> appreciated
>
> CR

0
fritz8172 (86)
3/30/2005 5:50:51 PM
Thanks, No spam filters.  I only have Symantec AV corp ver 9.x running.  No
add-ins/tasks either- It's very plain/vanilla.  Makes it frustrating.

CR
"Fritz" <fritz@dontbite.com> wrote in message
> Are there any third party spam filters installed on the system?  If so,
I'd
> disable them and see if the CPU usage goes down.
>

> "MS-News" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > Outlook 2000 sp3  IMO on win2000 wkstn sp4 all latest updates applied.
> > About 30 seconds after outlook is opened the CPU utilization goes to
100%
> > and stays there until outlook is closed.
> > Same effect in safemode.  I have tried the /clearreminders switch.   I
> > will
> > need to fix this or get another email client that works.  Any
suggestions
> > appreciated
> >
> > CR

0
nospam3434 (231)
3/30/2005 6:08:38 PM
The obvious Q, what happens if you disable AV, or remove the OL addin?

> Thanks, No spam filters.  I only have Symantec AV corp ver 9.x running.
No
> add-ins/tasks either- It's very plain/vanilla.  Makes it frustrating.
>
> CR
> "Fritz" <fritz@dontbite.com> wrote in message
> > Are there any third party spam filters installed on the system?  If so,
> I'd
> > disable them and see if the CPU usage goes down.
> >

> > "MS-News" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > > Outlook 2000 sp3  IMO on win2000 wkstn sp4 all latest updates applied.
> > > About 30 seconds after outlook is opened the CPU utilization goes to
> 100%
> > > and stays there until outlook is closed.
> > > Same effect in safemode.  I have tried the /clearreminders switch.   I
> > > will
> > > need to fix this or get another email client that works.  Any
> suggestions
> > > appreciated
> > >
> > > CR

0
DL
3/30/2005 7:31:35 PM
I found the problem and MS fix
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811167

thanks

cr
"DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
> The obvious Q, what happens if you disable AV, or remove the OL addin?
>
> "MS-News" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, No spam filters.  I only have Symantec AV corp ver 9.x running.
> No
> > add-ins/tasks either- It's very plain/vanilla.  Makes it frustrating.
> >
> > CR
> > "Fritz" <fritz@dontbite.com> wrote in message
> > > Are there any third party spam filters installed on the system?  If
so,
> > I'd
> > > disable them and see if the CPU usage goes down.
> > >

> > > "MS-News" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > 100%
> > suggestions

0
nospam3434 (231)

VBA
Hi there, I have created a user form in vba that someone would fill in variou text boxes. What i now want is the info to be summarised in excel. The userform is held in sheet 1, so the idea is the user would inpu the information in the text boxes and then click the command button an the text boxes information would be copied to indiviual cells i. textbox1 to a1 on sheet 1. I have tried by running a macro in excel to see the vb code but tha does not work for a vba form. If anyone needs the file let me know and i will attach it :cool -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Add ...

use arrow keys to tab to specific cells
I was able to use my arrow keys to tab to specific cells, now it moves the entire worksheet instead. How to I enable my arrow keys to move to cells? Hi, On the keyboard tap 'Scroll Lock' key. Mike "mary ellen" wrote: > I was able to use my arrow keys to tab to specific cells, now it moves the > entire worksheet instead. How to I enable my arrow keys to move to cells? SCROLL lock is ON. (Key near to Print Screen in your keyboard) Turn it OFF -- Jacob "mary ellen" wrote: > I was able to use my arrow keys to tab to specific c...

using a custon Avery 8876 template to create membership cards. I .
shI created a unique template in Publisher for Avery 8876 business cards, which I am using for Memberhsip cards instead. I am only able to see and edit a single "representative " card. How can I enter individual members names on each sheet before I print it? Do a mail merge. Please be aware that if you do a Print Preview, you will only see a single name, not all of the members. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "HOT FLASH" <HOT FLASH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:525B2114-7F9C-4C08-8A7D-45D7A5EF0F07@microsoft.com... > shI crea...

Use of Excel for Mailing List
Does the latest vesion of excel delete mailing list duplications automatically? No.. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "tjd" wrote: > Does the latest vesion of excel delete mailing list duplications automatically? But if you want help working with duplicates, take a trip to Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm He has a bunch of techniques for working with duplicates. tjd wrote: > > Does the latest vesion of excel delete mailing list duplications automatically? -- Dave Peterson ...

can I use both Excel 2003 and Excel 2010 on the same pc ?
Can I use both Excel 2003 and Excel 2010 on the same pc ? I have licenses for both. Thanks, Lynn Yes, you can. Install 2003 first then 2010. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:31:05 -0600, Lynn McGuire <lmc@winsim.com> wrote: >Can I use both Excel 2003 and Excel 2010 on the same pc ? > >I have licenses for both. > >Thanks, >Lynn And install them in separate folders - even better is on separate partitions. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA "Lynn McGuire" <lmc@winsim.com> wrote in message news:id3qet$43g$1@news.eternal-septembe...

Using ODBC in MOPS2007?
I am curious about possible uses of the ODBC option for opening project in MSP2007 Server. What are the possible advantages or usage scenarios? Thanks for the general education. Hi Quizzed, ODBC was dropped from Project Server 2003 because it was too "chatty" and "heavy" as a protocol to work in the new web based, vpn based world. These are the cons. -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Quizzed again" wrote: > I am curious about possible uses of the ODBC option for opening project in &g...

Using Javascript to Disable a Toolbar Button
I used the ISV.Config file to add a Toolbar Button to the Opportunity Form called "Create Billing Profile". I only want to enable this button when an Opportunity is set to Closed and Won. Is there a way to use Javascript to enable and disable a Toolbar Button? I tried to pass in an Id for the Toolbar Button in my ISV.Config file, but got an error. Thanks so much in advance for any ideas you might have. Sincerely, Robyn To get the correct id open a form that has the button on it and press Ctrl+N (new windows). This will open a new window with the same form but with the IE ...

Long file load time @ 100% CPU
Hi All, I've got an .xls file (97 - 03) that has been worked on for a number of days now, suddenly it now takes minutes to load (it consists of two active sheets, total size is 2.55 Mb). It saves quickly enough, however even if I save it using another name, it takes minutes to load. I have attempted to load it using Excel 2007 with 'open & repair' but still have the delay. I'm using Win XP Pro, the file was created using Excel 2003. The problem occurs across machines. Once opened, it seems to behave OK. Any ideas on how I might fix this file ? Thanks. Neil Check...

Using colored paper
Hello, Is there any option to preview how a document may look when printing on colored paper? Once the color from the document mixes with the paper color, you don't necessarily get text/images in the color they appear on your screen. You could draw a rectangle on the Master page, fill it with any color. When you are ready to print, view, ignore Master Page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Vespasian" <Vespasian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7164BA00-0501-4FAC-A53D-6B75D0928...

Can OWA be used to access more than one mailbox at the same time?
Is it possible to access multiple mailboxes with a single log in. Like the way with Outlook it is possible to view multiple mailboxs at the same time. Not sure if it'd be the same time - but you can access another user's mailbox if you have permissions - using the complete URL to such a mailbox. For instance, server.domain.com/exchange/secondusername. You can't open both in the same OWA window like Outlook allows you to do by adding additional mailbox(es). -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------...

Using Access to design a form and then publish it
I am trying with little success to utilise Access where a form can be designed and then this form can be sent to an e-mail address as an attachment where the form would look and react the same. e.g. the mail recipient would be able to enter information into the form just as if they where in Access, I then require the information to be received back into the database. Is there a straight forward way to do this, (the only way I can see at the moment is to use Data Access Pages!) (I do not want to use Infopath as the form design tool!!) -- djb ---------------- This post is a suggestion fo...

100%Free-Clik-Register-Earn 2000/day-TRUE
Dear friends, Are u interested to make Rs.2000 to Rs.5000/day. This is not a get rich quick scheme. This is a legal opportunity to make good money when you do it part time. This opportunity is proven way to make Rs. 2000-5000 a day. There are already 3,00,000 people around the world grabbed this opportunity, IT IS FREE TO REGISTER, REGISTER AND START EARNINGGGGGGGGGGG http://xcel-onlinesurveys.com?sid=1&rid=AF21399&aid=0 www.moneymakingmantra.blogspot.com with regards, ur true friend ...

Using Outlook 2003 with ISA proxy problem #2
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 on my notebook (logged on with local administrator user) to check mail from SMTP/POP3 server through LAN connection but it reported that cannot connect. Our LAN using ISA proxy server, I tried both methods of using firewall (using default ISA client, and using manual proxy by enter ISA server address/port in IE) but cannot resolve problem. I guess that the problem due to I've not logged on by network domain user (ISA server ask for username for first time I open IE), so is there other way to solve my issue? Thanks, Tien, Can you telnet to the POP3 serv...

how do i use juno email with outlook?
please advise if i can use juno email with microsoft office 2003 outlook? are they compatible? do i have to do anything special..like notify juno, etc. thank you. "bear2005" <bear2005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77AA6056-3AE8-4EFB-B04D-B4D12A7272B2@microsoft.com... > please advise if i can use juno email with microsoft office 2003 > outlook? > are they compatible? do i have to do anything special..like notify > juno, etc. > thank you. When I looked about 2 weeks ago, Juno did not provide FREE access to their POP3 and SMTP server w...

How do I get info on using list builder
are there classes I can take or somewhere I can access extra info b4 I sign up? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011109511033.aspx -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mike R" <Mike R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A44E94C-15D1-4430-8132-D33B543EE295@microsoft.com... > are there classes I can take or somewhere I can access extra info b4 I > sign up? Been there, really does not have a "training module" for list builder. There are alot of issues with list builder type products like constant contact, I would like...

Use dropdown list from Form
Can I make a selection from a dropdown list while using data input form ? You could try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free add-in that allows combo boxes, so it could display a list of items. http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm Gerrym wrote: > Can I make a selection from a dropdown list while using > data input form ? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Problem with Schema Validations using XmlValidatingReade--HELP
I Have 2 separate schemas. --------------Schema 1 is defined as below----------- <xs:schema targetNamespace="http://Schemas/1" xmlns="http://Schemas/1" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:element name="Loan"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Borrower" maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xs:complexType> <xs:attribute name="BorrID" use="required"> ...

Use Query for Row Source
Re-Post question not resolved/provided attention to from 26 Oct 07 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Steve, here is the info you requested: Row Source = SELECT [EPR/TR/OPR].[FullName] FROM [EPR/TR/OPR]; Column Count = 1 Column Widths = 1.7605" List Width = 1.7604" Bound Column = 1 Thanks, Rick "Steve Schapel" wrote: > Rick, > > In design view of the form, can you select the combobox, and look at the > Properties. Can you post back with what is entered in there for these > properties: > > Row S...

Outlook 2000 CW sending mail using either Corp. or Internet E-mail account
Dear all, i am unisg outlook 2000 CW edition. Besides my corporate account, i have also my private e-mail account delivered into outlook via pop3/SMTP and it works fine. My problem is that when I am sending e-mail, outlook always uses my corporate account. How can i use my private account for this? I have read several messages advising to use the drop down menu next to the send button, but there is none in my configuration. If I just enter my private e-mail address in the "from" field, an alert tells me that i "don't have permission to send on behalf of that use...

What chart is this and can it be bought / used in VB?
Hello, I am developing a VB program which could use the charting capabilities of Excel. I have worked with other charts and I cannot find any chart which duplicates the 2D surface chart in the manner that Excel does. I would like to use this chart as an activex component in a VB application, but cannot figure out who's control it is or if it is purchaseable from MS or what?? Anybody know the answer to this question? Thanks in advance! Andrew Mueller Andrew - If you can count on the users having Excel, you could automate Excel from VB to draw the chart. There must be dozens o...

How to get ParentcustomerName (Account) using Contact
Hi, I am new to (the CRM) programming and I would like to achieve the following: On the Case main form, the user selects a 'Contact' as the customer. In an other (custom added ) field, I would like to show the Parent Customer of that Contact (i.e. the 'Account Name'). A text field is ok for this, as this is only for reference to the user when creating a case record. Each time the user changes the Customer (= contact) name, the 'Account name' field should also be updated (OnCange event). Does anybody know how to do it or guide me to the right topics on this (or othe...

How can web use Shamsi Calendar
hi i need to use sahmsi calendar on my project how can i use shamsi calendar? Hello Ali, There is no other built-in calendar type except for Gregorian in MS Project desktop. There is an add-in for Hijri Calendar at the download center but none for Shamsi. You can make an internet search on ""Shamsi for Microsoft Project" to find a third party add-in. Regards. Ismet Kocaman "ali rezaiy" wrote: > hi i need to use sahmsi calendar on my project > how can i use shamsi calendar? > ...

create template in publisher for use in word???
I have created a document in publisher, but how do i save it as a template which can be openned and used in microsoft word 2000? I have to ask - why didn't you create it in Word if you wanted to use Word for the finished product? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C010FD99-674C-46D6-8386-343D52557F0A@microsoft.com... >I have created a document in publisher, but how do i save it as a template > which can be openned and used in microsoft word 2000? ...

Storage Problem while using MFC DLLs
Hello All, I am facing a storage problem. I have a MF Application and two MFL DLLs (Regular DLL using shared MFC DLL). I am dynamically loading these DLL's. In App object of DLL, I have declared a Pointer. For some unknown reasons, pointer is getting corrupted which eventually crashes my application. But when I make this pointer global variable in DLL, rather than member of DLL Application Object, Everything works fine. Did anybody experience the similar problem? Am I doing something wrong? and also is there any alternative to solve this problem. Please let me know if more informati...

Dropdown menu using xml file
Can anyone please help me. I was looking at the article "http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20030603.asp". I am new to .net and know nothing in c#. I want to write a menu in asp.net. Can anyone please help me in converting this c# code to vb.net. I tried, but it is not giving the output. Here is the c# code using System using System.Collections using System.ComponentModel using System.Data using System.Drawing using System.Web using System.Web.SessionState using System.Web.UI using System.Web.UI.WebControls using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls using System.Xml; using System.Xml.Xsl; us...