1 address differnt users

Hi
My wfe and i have one email address but different log ins on our pc. Is
there any way of seeing all our emails on our individual logins as if i read
an email it doesnt appear on hers ???
Please help

0
SimonH1 (2)

Thanks Vince
I would have preffered having one email address and both seeing emails on
each log in. Is that not possible ?

"Vince Averello" wrote:

> There some info here that may help:
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm
>
> I'd suggest that the two of you get separate email accounts to make things
> simpler.
>
> "SimonH" <SimonH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > My wfe and i have one email address but different log ins on our pc. Is
> > there any way of seeing all our emails on our individual logins as if i
> > read
> > an email it doesnt appear on hers ???
> > Please help

0
SimonH1 (2)
10/8/2008 3:53:07 PM
It's possible to view them if you share the same PST file but I think that's
a recipe for disaster in the end.

> Thanks Vince
> I would have preffered having one email address and both seeing emails on
> each log in. Is that not possible ?

0
vince8328 (2733)
10/8/2008 4:10:10 PM
"SimonH" <SimonH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I would have preffered having one email address and both seeing emails on
> each log in. Is that not possible ?

Just put a PST in a shared folder and configure both mail profiles to use
the same PST as the delivery location (the "ours.pst" mentioned on the web
page Vince cited).  Don't configure the "his.pst" or the "hers.pst" at all.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/8/2008 4:20:48 PM
Sharing a PST (in a shared folder) is a good choice in this situation. I
don't see the "disaster" part. Care to explain?

"Vince Averello" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message
> It's possible to view them if you share the same PST file but I think
> that's a recipe for disaster in the end.
>
> "SimonH" <SimonH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks Vince
>> I would have preffered having one email address and both seeing emails on
>> each log in. Is that not possible ?

0
John
10/8/2008 7:00:55 PM
"SimonH" <SimonH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Vince
> I would have preffered having one email address and both seeing emails on
> each log in. Is that not possible ?

In addition to what Brian said, if you use the shared pst file route, just
be aware that you won't be able to use Fast User Switching as you will have
to close outlook on the one User before changing to the second....

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message

> In addition to what Brian said, if you use the shared pst file route, just
> be aware that you won't be able to use Fast User Switching as you will
> have to close outlook on the one User before changing to the second....

I believe Fast User Switching does work.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/9/2008 1:14:31 PM
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> In addition to what Brian said, if you use the shared pst file route,
>> just be aware that you won't be able to use Fast User Switching as you
>> will have to close outlook on the one User before changing to the
>> second....
>
> I believe Fast User Switching does work.

Oh. So if you use FUS then does the one instance of Outlook get
automatically closed when you switch? (AFAIU two instances of Outlook can't
access the same pst file at the same time?)

> Oh. So if you use FUS then does the one instance of Outlook get
> automatically closed when you switch? (AFAIU two instances of Outlook
> can't access the same pst file at the same time?)

I'm not sure, but I thought I had tried it.  I'll have to test again.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

how to seperate data from 1 cell into multiple cells?
How can I take a cell that contains a name and title and seperate it into 3 cells? e.g. 1 cell with John Smith, M.D. into 3 cells? Thanks Lloyd Select the cell, use Data/Text to Columns, click Delimited, then select Space and Finish. "Lloyd" <info@atlanticvoice> wrote in message news:<8ebd01c3ea12$04e08600$a001280a@phx.gbl>... > How can I take a cell that contains a name and title and > seperate it into 3 cells? > > e.g. 1 cell with John Smith, M.D. into 3 cells? > > Thanks > > Lloyd I gave this to my class... on the menubar, Data: Tex...

email problem with one user
Hello, I have a client using Outlook 2003 on a SBS 2003 server. The users has an exchange internal e-mail of USER1-5.MAIL.local and POP3 external e-mail USER1-5.INTERNET.COM. For most of the users the e-mail works the way it is suppose to. But one of the user sends an email to one recipient the e-mail is generated with the POP3 e-mail address but if the e-mail is created with multiple recipients for some reason the exchange internal is used. I have talked with the user and she does not do anything special when creating e-mail when it is for one person or multiple people. She does n...

USer Di & TImeStamp in Notes Field??
I have the following Code onChange for an Addtional Information Nvarchar Field I am trying to put this at the end of the text after each time I save it, so it can tell me the time of day and the User who entered it. But what it does, is just give me the Date and timeStamp and deletes the text I typed in. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks // To Get the System Date and Time var d=new Date(); var curr_day=d.getDate(); var curr_month=d.getMonth(); var curr_yr=d.getYear(); var curr_hr=d.getHours(); var curr_min=d.getMinutes(); var curr_date=curr_day+"/"+curr_month+"/"+...

New user account/mail box created is not resolving Exchange 2003
I have created a user account and mail enabled the same it happend sucsessfully. when i try to configure outlook2003 it gives me the error "the action could not be completed.the name could not be matched to a name in the address list".I am able to resolve all the existing accounts thru outlook , but the new ids created are not getting resolved. Thanks & regards Raisal Have you check the email addresses of the user account? Make sure RUS is stamping your new user accounts. "Raisal" <Raisal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00872B93-46A4-47...

Address book shows LDAP style entries
Hello, This may be standard, but when I go into my address book (Tools > Address Book) to look at the Global Address list, the e-mail addresses are listed LDAP style (OU=MyCompany/, etc.). Is there a way to display these as user@mycompany.com (SMTP) formatted addresses? Thanks! Jeff ...

Forward to another SMTP address
We have our users in our domain XYZ.com with SMTP XYZ.com that wants their email forwarded to their other email accounts - like Yahoo, MSN, or other domains -- HOW do I setup the user's properties to do this? Thanks. Why not use OWA? Why forward to other email accounts? >-----Original Message----- >We have our users in our domain XYZ.com with SMTP XYZ.com that wants their >email forwarded to their other email accounts - like Yahoo, MSN, or other >domains -- HOW do I setup the user's properties to do this? Thanks. > > >. > "JD" <jd@mail.co...

Assigning Campaign Activities to multiple users based on Criteria
Hi, Is there any way to have the assignment of campaign activities done on the basis of certain criteria? (i.e.; on postal code of the account, assigned to TM working on the corresponding region). If not: is there any way to have the distribution of multiple activities in a queue done on the basis of certain criteria? (i.e.; see above example). Thank you, Steven Hi Steven, Sounds like that you can leverage the CRM 4.0 Workflow to accomplish your task. Please look into workflow and if you have any questions, feel free to post it here. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crow...

adding user defined fields in RM Detail Aged TB
Hi! Is it possible to include the fields entered in Sales User-Defined Fields Entry window in the RM Detail Aged TB - Options report in report writer? Thanks, Mel ...

Populating Addresses from Account to Quote
Our sales team uses the general address in the accounts to both shipping and billing addresses for quotes. Is there a way to populate the billing address and shipping address automatically in quotes with the account it has been associated with when the quote is created. Thak you Kal There is a "Lookup Address" button that allows to easily pull in an address from the Account and update the address fields in the Quote. There is not an automatic way to do this at this time. Jason Hunt Invoke Systems This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no...

How can I eliminate old addresses in the drop down on To:line
When I begin to fill out the To: line after I type the first letter, every email address I've ever sent with that letter appears in a drop down box. How do I get rid of some of them but not all of them? Any advice is appreciated. use the arrow key to select it then press Del. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-ti...

AD New User Creation Does Not Automatically Create Email Address
My AD is controlled is also my Exchange server and previously when I created a new account it would also create a mailbox and email address for the new user. Now the new account creation creates an AD user and mailbox but does not populate the email address for either smtp or x400. Also is does not put the new user into the exchange address book. Can anyone help Sounds like a RUS problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;288807 >-----Original Message----- >My AD is controlled is also my Exchange server and previously when I >created a new account it would...

How to script user account?
Hi there, My company switch our email system to another company. because of that we need to add to the username in outlook 2003 change from username to username@mycompany.com (just add the @mycompany.com to the username) And the SMTP port from 111 to 110 (default port) Is there any way to create a vbs script that change this registry configuration When the user click on that file it will automatically modify these two parameters? we have about 150 users in 4 different states and it's very difficult to do it manually Thanks an advance Oded Dror ...

OUTLOOK (2007) won't send to multiple addresses
Vista. I'm trying to "reply all" to a group of about 40 addresses. The message gets stuck in the outbox. If I "reply all" but substitute a single email address, it goes with no problem. Is there some kind of limit, restriction or otherwise that affects messages? Thank you. The limit is set by your ISP/Mail Server. Contact them to find out what your limit is. "its_my_dime" <its_my_dime@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:urv87qDcJHA.4124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... : Vista. : : I'm trying to "reply all" to a group of about 40 address...

cell +1 with one button?
HI! I need to know how to add '1' to a cell using only one button. Meaning value WAS 3 and becomes 4. Is there a way to do this? It is for live stats in a sports game, s� speed is of the essense. That is why it has to be a "1-button operation." Thanks in advance! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Attach this macro to the button: Public Sub Add1() With ActiveCell If IsEmpty(.Value) Or IsNumeric(.Value) Then _...

security setup for user class copied to another company
We have 3 companies in GP- version 9 - we have a user class set up and want to copy the security settings to the other companies. I was told it could be done through advanced security - is that correct? Do we use the import/export function? Thanks. User Classes are a system wide setting. Once you assign the user to the class, and grant the user access to a company, their security will follow them to that company. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.bl...

Report Manager access: localhost vs 127.0.0.1
Hi, What is the difference between accessing Report Manager via localhost and 127.0.0.1? a) http://localhost/Reports_MyInstance b) http://127.0.0.1/Reports_MyInstance I have installed SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services on Windows 7. After installation I tried to access Report Manager using the urls as specified by a and b. In case a, the Report Manager interface loaded showing a Contents and Properties tab. In case b, first a dialog box popped up asking for credentials. I entered the credentials for the current user that was logged on. Then the Report Manager lo...

CRM 1.2 Installation failed
Hi, I got an error message trying to install CRM 1.2 on a fresh installed Windows 2003 Server with SQL 2000. The error message is as followed: Error 1713. Microsoft CRM Server cannot install one of its requred products. Contact yur technical support group. What does the error message mean? Anyone there has encountered the same problem? The AD, SQL ,IIS are all in good working order. I could not think of anything that could cause the problem. I am using the Adventure Works Cyclte sample key. Thanks in advance. Alex > I got an error message trying to install CRM 1.2 on a > fresh ...

Using multiple SMTP email addresses
How can I determine which email address an email was sent to (short of manually looking at the headers of the email)? I have multiple SMTP addresses associated with my AD account, and I want to set up rules in Outlook based on which address an email was sent to, but all Outlook seems to see is my default smtp address. This behavior is "by design". When Exchange 200x receives a message via SMTP is resolves it to an object in AD and rewrites the To: address to that of the primary SMTP address of the object that the message is destined for. "Josh Rolfe" <some...

Deleting Users
Hi CRMers, I know I am able to disable users and it is recommended, but can I possibly delete a user (removing them totally from the user list)? How? Many in thanks in advance. Kind Regards, Dixon Hi Dixon, I had the same question that you do. In version 1.2, as far as I know, you can't completely delete a user (I don't know about version 3.0 because we haven't upgraded yet). You can only remove a user's license, disable them and then reassign all of their records to somebody else. I don't know if there is some sort of hack out there to delete them completely, ...

Address syncrhonisation between different Ex versions?
We are running Ex2003Sp1. We have an associated agency that is running Ex2k. Users in each organisation want to see the contact addresses from the other organisation in the GAL. We have no need to exchange any other information (ie public folders). We have major filewall constraints between us that makes the simplest transport mechnism to get approval for SMTP (as we already let it through). What is the simplest way to sync address info between the Orgs? I used Interorg in an early incarnation between Ex55. sites years ago but I have no experience of it since then. Most of the tech info I can...

All emails track in CRM for only 1 user.
This is happening to only one user and their settings are identical to working users. The user is NOT set to "Track All". Confidential emails are ending up in CRM for all to see. We upgraded in mid Feb to 3 from 1.2. This may be related or not but the same user is the only one that gets a blank c360 "My Summary". ...

Office 10.1.5 update won't print
Since installing the 10.1.5 update, no MS Office doc will print via EtherNet to the school printer. Appleworks, Safari, etc, still work, but Office Docs seem to hang - they won't even go through to the print center app. Any ideas. In article <45e39df.0309081621.10c1b9aa@posting.google.com>, pdavies@cobweb.com.au (Paul Davies) wrote: > Since installing the 10.1.5 update, no MS Office doc will print via > EtherNet to the school printer. Appleworks, Safari, etc, still work, > but Office Docs seem to hang - they won't even go through to the print > center app. > &...

OL keeps trying to use old mail server for address lookups.
We have recently upgraded to Exchange2003 from Exchang5.5. Actually, upgrade is the wrong word. We installed a new Exchange2003 server and turned off the old Exchange5.5 server. I have set OutlookXP to use the new mail server (which has a new name on the network) and it is working fine for sending and receiving mail. But, if you enter a name rather than an email address in the To: section, outlook trys to lookup the name in the old mail server (called MAILSVR) instead of the new mail server (called MAIL). After it times out looking for the old mail server, it than looks up the ...

Exchange Address Boo
Exchange Address Book In our environment we're running 3 email systems. One is MS Exchange and the other two are Postfix. The Postfix mail systems use OpenLDAP for address book information. I would like to import contacts from OpenLDAP to Active Directory, so users can see contact information from the OpenLDAP directory in Outlook. What would be the best way to do this? Should I try to import contacts through ESM, ADSI, etc? Any information/ideas is/are appreciated. Best, Use LDIFDE or CSVDE command. Following KB has steps for same... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237677 -...

Sending mail to many users using the to-field.
Hi I am using outlook2003/2007 and exchange server 2003/2007. All users getting the mail sees all other users in the to-field. Is it possible to hide other recipients without using the bcc? Tor-Magne Other than using the BCC field you can try using a mass mail tool to send individual items to each of the recipients like the ones shown here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/massmail.asp "Tor-Magne" <tttms@online.no> wrote in message news:uku9uHTVJHA.1788@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using outlook2003/2007 and exchange server 2003/2007. > All users g...