.pst to different locations

How do I get outlook to save e-mail to a non-defualt
location. I tried to follow microsofts instuctions but
when get to the part that says go to control panel and
open mail in XP home, there is no "mail" under user
accounts.
Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Move the pst-file when Outlook is closed. When you now open Outlook it will
prompt you for the new location

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Backup and Restore

-----
"John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get outlook to save e-mail to a non-defualt
> location. I tried to follow microsofts instuctions but
> when get to the part that says go to control panel and
> open mail in XP home, there is no "mail" under user
> accounts.
> Thanks

0
Roady

.pst large file manangement
Hi, We have a problem mananging our .pst folder files when they get over 1GB using Outlook 2000. Does Outlook 2002- 3, work better with these large mail files? Is auto- archiving the only solution? Thanks ahead of time for any info, Rob OL2003 doesn't have the 2GB limit. Still, best not to let PST files get that big in general - performance usually suffers. Rob wrote: > Hi, > > We have a problem mananging our .pst folder files when > they get over 1GB using Outlook 2000. Does Outlook 2002- > 3, work better with these large mail files? Is auto- > archiving the o...

pst help
I had an outlook pst file of about 1gig on my desktop and using a backup program backed it up and then imported it into my laptop (for the first time) which took over an hour. I cleaned up (deleted) some emails in my inbox (from about 4,200 emails to 3,700) I then exported the file from my laptop and then imported that file (still about 1 gig) back to my desktop. The import did not reflect the email deletions I made on the laptop though but the pst file size jumped from 1 gig to 1.8 gig. I don't see any duplications in my emails or contacts. I'm using Outlook 2003. I would like to get ...

.pst files #11
Do the contacts reside within the .pst file? If the outlook.pst and archive.pst files are backed up will I be able to restore all data in case of corruption or loss? Are there ways to retrieve data from .pst files other than Outlook? Yes, yes and none that I'm aware of (of course I may be wrong). "badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:xn0g6snu1akojp004@reader80.motzarella.org... > Do the contacts reside within the .pst file? > > If the outlook.pst and archive.pst files are backed up will I be able > to restore all data i...

No pst file on computer
Hello, I purchased Office 2007 standard. I install the product no problem. everything works except outlook. When starting outlook for set up it tells me can't find .pst file. I have no outlook pst file on my computer at all. It then lets me try to find it, but it is not on machine. I uninstalled Office then tried to reinstall it but I still have the same problem. Any thoughts or help ? Thanks, Jay Did you have Outlook on the computer before if yes which version was it? The Office 2007 Standard that you are trying to install is it a Retail or an Upgrade version -- ...

Running total to new in different field
I have a database that I want to keep track of a number list for meters that is unique. Meters have to have a unique number assigned to them. We order these in batches. What I am trying to do is carry over my Ending Meter Number field to the new record field of Begin Meter Number. I have a formula to correctly come up with the Ending Meter Number. I have tried several different approaches, but nothing seems to work. I have tried this : Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Me.[Begin Meter Number] = Me.[End Meter Number] End Sub TIA, Gerald -- Message posted via AccessMons...

multi pane location freeze?
Using Office 2000: Is there a way to freeze a set of pains in two different locations? Example: Row 1 has my title heading/descriptions Row 300 has my totals for the items I'd like to see my totals at all times and have my title heading shown at all times make the in between scrollable. --------------------------- I thought maybe I can freeze row 1 and also do a split but office only lets you do one or the other. any help/suggestions? thanks sorry I meant panes, not pains :-) "ADK" <ADK@noreply2today.com> wrote in message news:Oles8H66FHA.2364@TK2MSFTNGP...

MIN of a difference?
I have a list of numbers (Ex. 95, 92, 105, 101, 110, 82). I need formula to give me the closest number to 100 (in this case it would b 101). I was thinking of a MIN formula combined with an ABS function i an array format? But I've tried a million different things and nothin seems to work. I appreciate anybody's ideas.... Mo -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27456 Hi try the follow...

Finding the difference in days between two dates?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could let me know how I can find the difference in days between two date fields, would appreciate the help. Thanks Damon Damon; Just try this. Enter two dates ( 01/08/2003 and 21/08/2003 ) In another cell subtract the two dates, but format that cell as "General". If all is well, just must find a 20 in that cell. Or is it too simple and not what you want ? Mark Rosenkrantz. More Excel ? www.rosenkrantz.nl or info@rosenkrantz.nl ----------------------------------------------------------------- "Damon" <damon@nospam.co.uk...

Finite Difference Spreadsheet
Have a look at the sumif statement that populates the temperature array I didn't think it would work but it seems to. Regards, Tim Fabe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

"stronger" or "more powerful" repair for PST files than SCANPST?
I'm having a problem with Outlook 2003 crashing frequently and unpredictably and with Outlook sometimes hanging while starting up. In the latter case, I need to use Task Manager to stop the Outlook.pst process and then restart. I run SCANPST very frequently, several times a day, because of all the crashes. Sometimes Outlook stalls on startup right after I've run SCANPST. Other times, Outlook crashes after only a few minutes of usage, right after a SCANPST. So I'm wondering if one of the expensive commercial Outlook repair utilities can fix my problem(s). I would have to pay f...

Difference in years and months between 2 dates
Hi, Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 dates? (Using Office 2000) Thanx Subtract one from the other "Els" <Els@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E54C0D76-1313-40EF-922C-FCB0780AD992@microsoft.com... : Hi, : : Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 : dates? (Using Office 2000) : : Thanx Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 >dates? (Using Office 200...

Report using Fields with the same name from different tables
Hello all - I created a db with no knowledge of naming convention. Now I am attempting to write some reports pulling data from tables with the same field names. Apparently Access doesn't like this....I attempted to change the names in the BE but when I relink the FE it is prompting for parameters. What is the best way to proceed? Thanks - Lee -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201005/1 TheLee via AccessMonster.com wrote: >I created a db with no knowledge of naming convention. Now I am attempting to &...

different scale on x-axis
just wonder how can i change the x-axis value to different values in the same chart? e.g 0-->120 (within this range...the graph shows major unit such as 10, 20, 30, 40 etc....) then 100--> 1000 the graph just shows 200, 300, 400 etc as major unit~ Hi, You would have to construct you only axis labeling. See Jon Peltier's page on arbitrary axes http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "katy" <katy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CC63DCC-0A9C-4D56-8D3F-B790B...

"Update in Progress" for 2 weeks now, 8 different brokerage accts
I have not been able to update ANY of my 8 different brokerage accts with 3 different investment companies (Schwab, Morgan Stanley and TD Ameritrade) since 4/28. They all say "update in progress" at the Account list screen. When I click on "Read Call Summary Messages" and go to "Review Update Results" (Funny how the thing you click on doesn't have the same title as the screen it takes you to . . .) for each of these brokerages (Schwab, Morgan Stanley, & TD Ameritrade) it says: "Your last call was completed on 4/28/2008 at 7:35 PM "Your acco...

Exmerge creates default PST Files
I'm running exmerge(ver. 6.5.7529.0). It shows all the mailboxes with the proper size, but when I run exmerge, it creates the pst files to the default size of 32K. Any suggestions of what i am doing wrong? On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:29:03 -0700, Petlab <Petlab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm running exmerge(ver. 6.5.7529.0). It shows all the mailboxes with the >proper size, but when I run exmerge, it creates the pst files to the default >size of 32K. Any suggestions of what i am doing wrong? In other words, empty? Check the exmerge.ini log for details why the...

JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver & ODBC driver are two different installati
http://www.paphoscarhire.mobi/odbc-bridge2.jpg desktop control panel settings, I have above URL (IMG) Settings well, I need to run in my PC: Type 1 db driver Access / java[SE1.6] Desktop Applications, what I need to install ? I refer for Type 1, JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver.... Is it needed install and Access 2003 ODBC driver (see URL) ...? How I understand if I already installed it(?) since I do not know ? JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver & ODBC driver are two different installations? How to load driver in my program ? The below are correct for: Class.forName & DriverManager.ge...

Can not import *.PST filre into OE V6
Every time I click OUTLOOK to import I get "Cannot import messages to MAPI client". I can however clcik on other email application like Netscape, OE V4&6 and it will let me continue. Thanks!! The .pst file format is specific to Outlook, not Express. Open it in Outlook first and then import into Outlook Express. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Jarama <james.rama@nokia.com> asked | Every time I click OUTLOOK to import I get | "Cannot import messages to MAPI client"...

Problem exporting public folder to PST file
On our exchange 2003 server we have a public folder that archives all mail that passes through the system. I want to export the contents to a .pst file so that older emails can be deleted but a record of them retained. When I do an "export to file" in Outlook 2003 I have found that I can only get so far before it fails with "unknown error". As an example I can back up the first 7 days of novembers emails to a .pst but backing up the 8th fails at the same point every time. Nothing is logged in the event log of either PC or server. I'm guessing this is a corrupt ema...

how to recover my personal folder .pst file with in user profile
Actually, i create a personalfolder file x.pst in to one user profile. after that for getting the same screen settings of the other user. i copy that user profile into mine after that i can't open outlook personal folders. I using search for that file, even i cant get it at anywhere pls help urgent If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, make sure you're searching in hidden and system folders to find all existing .PST files. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the messag...

how do you compare two dates to find the difference?
mm/dd/yyyy is the format. I need to subtract two dates to find the difference Hi =A2-A1 and format the result as 'Number' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Todd wrote: > mm/dd/yyyy is the format. I need to subtract two dates to find the > difference With dates in A1 & A2, in A3: =A1-A2 This will give you the number of days difference. Format A3 as general "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B34084-E5BF-4D21-BB4E-DE60DB66CAE3@microsoft.com... > mm/dd/yyyy is the format. I need to subtract two dates to find the ...

Restoring PST-File
Hi, last week m yharddisc crashed and I could save the Outlook File "Pers?nliche Ordner(1).pst" (Gernman Installation). Now I have installed a new system and tried to import my "Pers?nliche Ordner" (there are a lot of e-mnails I need to recover. Unfurtunately the import function states, that the mentioned file is not a "Pers?nlicher Ordner". Any idea how to recover data in this file? Thanks for any help Regards, Harald anonymous <anonymous> wrote: > last week m yharddisc crashed and I could save the Outlook File > "Pers?nliche Ordner(1).pst&quo...

Corrupt 2GB 2000 PST into Outlook 2003
Hi. This might of been asked already, but can Outlook 2003 open an Outlook 2000 PST that is corrupt because of the 2GB file limit? I've got an Outlook 2000 pst that has gone over the 2GB limit, and now states it is corrupt, and it has the CEO's "extremely" important mail in. Any assistance is appreciated. I'd like not to loose ANY of the mail. So the current utilities don't help. No. You probably cannot avoid losing some items.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, ...

PST Errors
I am having a terrible time with PST files. We are not running an Exchange Server. Our internet provider is running the exchange server and forwarding e-mails to our location. The pst files are stored on our network so if something happens to the files it would be easy to restore. The pst files are becoming corrupt almost every day. We have approx. 40 users. Is there another way to store your e-mails and address book besides a pst file? Has anyone else had to same problem. I run the Inbox repair tool all the time. It does find errors and repairs the file but a couple of hours later the...

Requery data on different tabs
I have created a mian form that has a tabbed section with 5 tabs on it. The tab labeled History takes data that shows every time we had spoken to a Contact at a company (through Email, Phone, or Meeting). I have it so when new dated is entered, the main form requeries and correctly displays the last time we had spoken with the company. On the Contacts tab i have all the information about the person, as well as the last date we had spoken with him. So the Contacts tab has a subform on it to display the Contact information, but the last date spoken information is stored on a subform on...

Linking or Synchronizing contacts in different OL Contacts folders
Win XP HE, SP1 OL 2002 SP3 Follw-Up to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts Hi, Is there a way to sycn or link contacts that appear in different Contacts folders in OL 2002 (folders and sub-folders) so that when I edit one it will automatically edit the same contact in the other folder or sub/folder? Tx, S If these Contacts are linked to each other by the Contacts button and field at the bottom of the form, then yes you have a valid hook for updating the related Contact when the parent is changed. To do so, you'd need to use either: 1) A custom Contact form. Add code in the Item_Writ...