.pst file is maxed out - HELP - screen.jpg (0/1)

Apparently I have reached the maximum size of my outlook.pst file (see
attached error message).  I have tried deleting items but nothing I do
seems to have any effect and I continue to get the attached error
message.  Therefore the eMail part of Outlook is disabled.  Anyone got
any pointers?  XP Pro SP-2/Outlook 2003.  Already using .pst format
for database.
Thanks,

No image attached. Post a link, rather than an attachment.

See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"C. Davey Utter" <CDaveyUtter@linkline.com> wrote in message =
> Apparently I have reached the maximum size of my outlook.pst file (see
> attached error message).  I have tried deleting items but nothing I do
> seems to have any effect and I continue to get the attached error
> message.  Therefore the eMail part of Outlook is disabled.  Anyone got
> any pointers?  XP Pro SP-2/Outlook 2003.  Already using .pst format
> for database.
> Thanks,
0
suemvp (4038)
5/26/2006 9:05:53 PM
How do I post a link, and where would it link to?  Sorry to be dense.

On Fri, 26 May 2006 17:05:53 -0400, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
<suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote:

>No image attached. Post a link, rather than an attachment.
>
>See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm
Thanks,
You post a link by typing it into your message here. And it should link =
to some web site where you've posted the image. If you have no place to =
post images, then you should describe the problem in as much detail as =
possible.=20

In any case, I think the link I posted pertains to your problem.=20
> How do I post a link, and where would it link to?  Sorry to be dense.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> On Fri, 26 May 2006 17:05:53 -0400, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
> <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote:
>=20
>>No image attached. Post a link, rather than an attachment.
>>
>>See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm=20
> Thanks,
0
suemvp (4038)
5/27/2006 3:42:22 AM
Yes, I think the link you posted will do the job, many thanks.

On Fri, 26 May 2006 23:42:22 -0400, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
<suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote:

>You post a link by typing it into your message here. And it should link to some web site where you've posted the image. If you have no place to post images, then you should describe the problem in as much detail as possible.
>
>In any case, I think the link I posted pertains to your problem.
CDavey
And since you are apparently using OL2003 why not creat  a new unicode
format pst, which doesnt have the same size limitation, and copy your data
across from the old format pst?

> Yes, I think the link you posted will do the job, many thanks.
>

> On Fri, 26 May 2006 23:42:22 -0400, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
> <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote:
>
> >You post a link by typing it into your message here. And it should link
to some web site where you've posted the image. If you have no place to post
images, then you should describe the problem in as much detail as possible.

> >In any case, I think the link I posted pertains to your problem.
> CDavey

0
dl6256 (276)
5/27/2006 12:28:24 PM
Sounds like a good idea, how would I do that?

On Sat, 27 May 2006 13:28:24 +0100, "DL" <dl@spoofmail.nothere> wrote:

>And since you are apparently using OL2003 why not creat  a new unicode
>format pst, which doesnt have the same size limitation, and copy your data
>across from the old format pst?
CDavey
File | New | Outlook Data FIle to create the new store. Then drag items =
into it.=20

> Sounds like a good idea, how would I do that?
>=20
>=20
> On Sat, 27 May 2006 13:28:24 +0100, "DL" <dl@spoofmail.nothere> wrote:
>=20
>>And since you are apparently using OL2003 why not creat  a new unicode
>>format pst, which doesnt have the same size limitation, and copy your =
data
>>across from the old format pst?
> CDavey
0
suemvp (4038)
5/27/2006 8:28:17 PM
C. Davey Utter <CDaveyUtter@linkline.com> wrote:

> Sounds like a good idea, how would I do that?

Google Groups is your friend.
<http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/msg/6c494918872e06fc>
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Maximum file sizes

Looking for Excel Help

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

New to excel

File size #11

find action on log file

Print Screen Key disabled

Linking files 2 ways

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Blue screen crash Stop: 0x0000008E
Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the blue screen with that error code on it. it tells me to restart if this is the first time or contact an administer. I've gone to microsoft updates and fully updated everything i could, what else could possibly be causing this? CodyE wrote: > Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in > awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the > blue screen with that error code on it. it ...

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Please help #8

How do I turn a jpg image I have into a visio background?
I have a jpg image I downloaded for the net. I want to turn it into a background for a diagram I am creating. I also would like to make it transparent. I have looked on the help and can't find my answer. Please help. the simplist way is to drop it on a background page and then attach the background to your foreground images. al "doming07" <doming07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E476FD31-FFC3-45C5-8987-EBE2FB98C714@microsoft.com... >I have a jpg image I downloaded for the net. I want to turn it into a > background for a diagram I am creating. I...

Help with importing data

number format with leading 0

Search media files
I have WMP 11 on Windows XP SP3. I have recently move all my music on an external hard disk. Now that I want to search the media files so that it changes the file path and I can listen to my music, it seems that there is no search media files in my Tools menu. What am I doing wrong? On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:22:01 -0700, newsy <newsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have WMP 11 on Windows XP SP3. I have recently move all my music on an >external hard disk. Now that I want to search the media files so that it >changes the file path and I can listen to my music, i...

Trouble in Save existing file
Hi there, I am using GetSaveFileName(), OnSaveDocument() to save configuration file of my application. Trouble is when I open existing file, edit, and try to save it as the same name, it compains like "Access to file was denied" and I can't save it. But it can be saved as a new name by SaveAs menu. One other thing is this trouble is happening only in Window2000 PCs. It just works well in Window 98. The application is developed in Windows 2000 and I am using Flags like OFN_PATHMUSTEXIST | OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST; Please help. Bob NZ >Hi there, I am using GetSaveFileName(), OnSaveD...

Any way to open an excel file directly to a worksheet?
I am building an application with an icon that launches an excel file when clicked. Is there any way I can open the file directly to a specified worksheet? The names of the worksheet are fixed and so is the file, so I am guessing adding some parameter after the filename should do the trick. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Sid -- skiddyrow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skiddyrow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386335 Hey...