.email attachments

I have been getting some emails lately with a .email as
the attachment.  Outlook Exress won't open these.  Any
tips?

If possible, please respond to my email address listed
above.  Thanks.
0
cartfan19 (4)

Rename them to *.eml. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum.

Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office
family.

Here is the link for the right forum

Good Luck!

--
Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Setting Permissions on a Mailbox

-----
"Brian" <cartfan19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have been getting some emails lately with a .email as
> the attachment.  Outlook Exress won't open these.  Any
> tips?
>
> If possible, please respond to my email address listed
> above.  Thanks.

0
Roady

Duplicate emails
Hi all just wondering why a user using outlook...send an email, then 8 mins later the recipient gets the same email again>?? Any ideas.... Cheers Very likely some intermediate SMTP server or Cisco firewall causing duplicates. Compare Internet headers (time in Received: ) of two successive duplicates. The first Received: with different times will preceed server, that is causing the problem. Andrew wrote: > Hi all just wondering why a user using outlook...send an email, then 8 mins > later the recipient gets the same email again>?? > > Any ideas.... > > Cheers Y...

Outlook viewing attachments
When I receive an email that has embeded pics, I can see the pics and text together as they should be, when going directly to att.net. Also, same on iphone. On Outlook, however, the pics show up as attachments and each must be opened separately. I am sure there is a setting to make them show in the main body of the message. Can you help me? "kenh" <kenh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C81693E-C419-4B81-A398-F34C78E36DF4@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email that has embeded pics, I can see the pics and text > together as they sho...

Exchange 2003 blocking attachments
Our exchange server is blocking attachments with .mbd .exe .com. Is there a way to allow certain attachments through the system? mike Is it the Exchange Server or the Outlook settings? See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;ES;829982 -- Denis McDowell [MSFT] "mike vincelli" <mvincelli@suhsd.net> wrote in message news:182e01c441ca$3fc1a0f0$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Our exchange server is blocking attachments > with .mbd .exe .com. Is there a way to allow certain > attachments through the system? > > mike Denis, The link you posted is for the...

Send Direct Email does nothing
I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a few days now, so whoever can help me resolve this will get a large supply of kudos! Here's the deal: This sytem was recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. I did the upgrade myself and my user belongs to the powerful groups in both Active Directory and CRM so I'm pretty darn sure I've got the correct privledges. I created a Contact in CRM (another version of myself with an email at an external domain) and clicked 'Send Direct Email'. I received it and it was logged into history properly. Yeah! I then created anoth...

outlook is blocking .jpg files as attachments
please help. Icannot seem to be able to find my security settings , that will allow me to release the files to the e-mails Try Tool>Options>Security and uncheck "Do not allow Attachments.... TonySper "yeovil beechwood" <yeovil beechwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B061CD93-6B8F-4F11-8971-B98A7D067799@microsoft.com... please help. Icannot seem to be able to find my security settings , that will allow me to release the files to the e-mails Version of Outlook? Are they blocked as attachments so you can't open them or blocked in an h...

Junk email filter
I did an upgrade from 2002 office. The Junk email filter works great only on the Inbox. I check three different eamil accounts and have rules to move the messages to their respective folders that I created for each email account. The Junk email filter does not work on these folders. the rules are as follows; Apply this rule after the message arrives through the "Specified" account, move it to the "Specified" folder. Thanks Tom Check the order of your filters. (tools-rules wizard). Move the rules up or down to satisfy your needs. If your rules to move to specifi...

searching emails in whole mailbox
Hi, My Outlook is just upgraded to Outlook 2007. It drives me crazy. In Outlook 2003, if I want to search an email in the whole mailbox, I will go to Advanced search and browse to the mailbox and it looks for the email everywhere. But in Outlook 2007, I did the same thing, it finds nothing. I have to check the folder to search. The problem is if I know the email is in which folder, why I need search? That doesn't make any sense at all. Please help! I need to search an email in the all folders, in the whole email account. How can I do it? Thanks in advance! Lisa ...

Completely Turning off Junk Email Filtering in Outlook 2003
Does anyone know how to completely turn off Junk Email filtering Outlook 2003? We want all emails, regardless if spam, to go directly to every users' Inbox. Thanks. That's a first, but from the end user standpoint Tools | Options | Preferences | Junk E-mail. Only other way I can think of is when the profile is generated (assuming CIW is in use) and Exchange is in use, is to turn off cached mode. "Chris H" <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C250A388-DEFA-4402-8449-80FF3FC91B4C@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to completely turn o...

unreadable email
Helo, With some email sender, emails are unreadable. messages contain header and all HTML tag. See exemple below. Many thanks in advance, Pascal Vista home premuim outlook 2003 sp3 Acer aspire 9423 Exemple : Received: from mailgate008.isp.belgacom.be (mailgate008.isp.belgacom.be [195.238.6.1]) by maildelivery011.isp.belgacom.be (Postfix) with ESMTP id 48A9A5980C0 for <xx@xxxxxxxxx.net>; Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:47:41 +0100 (CET) Received: from mailrelay003.isp.belgacom.be ([195.238.6.53]) by in.mx.skynet.be with ESMTP; 17 Jan 2008 10:47:41 +0100 X-Belgacom-Dynamic: yes Received: from 88.58...

Junk Email scan on demand
Outlook 2003 junk email filter does a very good job detecting spam on arrival. I have several old PST files / folders with a mix of a large number of good messages and spam that I receive before starting to use junk email filter, and looking for an option to re-scan these PST files / folders to get rid of junk emails. I remember that Spam Inspector software allowed to launch cleaning selected folders in PST file from spam. Is there any way to activate junk email filter in Outlook 2003 on-demand? No, sorry. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outl...

Can I import old email from Eudora to MS Outlook 2007?
I've been using Eudora for years, and have limped along since they stopped providing updates. It's time to change and I have a lot of old emails I wish to preserve. Can I import that into Outlook 2007? ...

Send Email Permissions
We are trying to send emails to a group of contacts using the IE client. We are going to tools, advanced find to define a group of contacts. Then we choose actions, send direct email. When we choose a template and try to complete the activity, we get a message saying that the user doesn't have permission for this action. Our administrative users can perform this action, but the Salesperson and Customer Service Users are not able to complete the action. We have perused the security role settings but are unable to figure out which one is affecting this. Any ideas? Hi Greg, I...

Blocking HTML Email
As many of you know, spammers love to use embedded html in email so that the unsuspecting recipient gets a web page or content once the email is opened. Unfortunately, most of these are linking back to "offensive" sites. Is there a way to block these through the Outlook client? Dave <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > As many of you know, spammers love to use embedded html in > email so that the unsuspecting recipient gets a web page > or content once the email is opened. Unfortunately, most > of these are linking back to "offensive" sites...

sending attachments #3
I downloaded all the security updates for Outlook 2000. Now Outlook can't send attachments. The attachments appear in the "send" directory, but the receiver of the email gets no attachments. Hi Stu, The Outlook security feature blocks attachments that are potentially unsafe. This security feature provides an additional level of protection against malicious messages. Although Outlook 2000 SR-1 or Outlook 2000 SR-1a blocks access to the attachment, the attachment still exists in the message. For more information on resolving this issue, please refer to Knowledge Base art...

Attachments to window notes vs record notes
Got an odd situation. On record notes we have the paperclip and can attach files with no problems. On window notes there is no paperclip. Never tried to attach a document to a window note before but always assumed that both record level and window level notes would act the same way. Has anyone else seen this? Should we be able to attach documents to window level notes? GP10, SP3. Thx. No - the behaviour you are seeing is by design. Window notes have never allowed for OLE attachments. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC h...

Delete Emails Older Than X Days
Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 days, and individuals are responsible for archiving their emails if they want to keep them for longer than that. Thanks, Tom On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Serv...

how to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically???
Hi How to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically??? Now i've to right click en choose 'mark as read'. If looked in rules, but one can not make a rule on the map 'deleted items' . Or am I wrong. Peter Peter, I think that you can go to options and st teh setting there. If I can remember right the option is "mark all deleted items as read". I don't know the version of Outlook you are woking in but it should be there. Hoop jy kom reg!! Marais van Zyl >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >How to mark emails in deleted items as read...

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments #2
We have just upgraded to Office 2003 and a lot of attachments do not get sent. We receive this error message instead. This particular attachment is a url. Any advice, Thanks, Jackie You may find this page useful: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, Outlook-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "jackie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:018e01c3aae6$81a637e0$a40128...

Intelligent Message Filter- can the junk email feature be turned o
I am wondering if there is a reg hack or other method of running the Intelligent Message Filter but disabling the feature to send stuff to junk email? I have temporarily uninstalled it for customer since there were too many complaints about stuff going into to junk email. The filter capacity for the most part works pretty well and what is going into archieve looks like SPAM with only minor exceptions. I was looking at reinstalling the Intelligent Message Filter and not setting the second setting –Store Junk Email Configuration. Although I intially had the settings SCL lower I raised...

Reject email
I have an SBS 2003 server with 5 users. I get email delivered directly to my Exchange Server (within sbs 2003). I want to reject all email except that which is sent to a valid email address within my company. CUrrently, any email address will be accepted. How do I do this? What you describe is certainly not standard behavior. Where are the invalid e-mail addresses delivered? Are you talking about a POP connector? If that's what you're talking about, you should post your question to an SBS newsgroup since the POP connector is specific to SBS. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange &quo...

How can I save an email in Outlook to offline storage?
I am new to Outlook. Previously, I saved my emails, after reading, to a zip disk, in a WORD document, and organized them according to subject. I cannot find a way in Outlook 2003 to do this. There is no "save" or "save as" in the Files list; it is greyed out. How can I continue to save my emails as I desire? If you open a mail item you can use the File menu > Save option there to save an item individually or you can copy/export them to another PST file for storage together with other mail items/folders "Sandyc" <Sandyc@discussions.microsoft.com...

Finding Attachments
Does Outlook 2002 Advanced Find provide a method for locating an attachment in an e-mail??? regards, Adrian Yes, you can search for all items with attachments, but you cannot search for a) specific attachments or b) attachment contents. To perform this type of search, simply right click on any Outlook folder, choose Advanced Find. In the Advance Find window, select Other Choices, then select "Only items with: one or more attachments". -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! Sincerely, Chris Lineback, MCSE Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support - Please do not send email directly...

Re:Name on Outgoing Email
Thanks,Vanguard.the second option worked,changing the User Name in Outlook's email accounts dialog box sends that name and not the "hotmail" name out. ...

Word attachments
I am running Windows 7 and Word 2007. I want my attachments to open in Print preview not full screen reading view. I have unchecked the box in Word Options, rebooted and resent emails with attachments to myself. However, they will not open in any other mode but full screen reading view. Any suggestions welcome. You can disable Full Screen Reading view, but you cannot force documents to open in Print Preview. If you mean Print Layout view, then you need to save them in this view; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (...

outlook 2003 problem sending email
when i send emails from my outlook 2003 to a friend using outlook 2000 (with a pop3 account) the email does not get through & i receive no 'failed delivery' messages to notify me of a problem. However, when i copy the same message to my work address i receive the email no problem. Also, I am able to receive emails from my friend - i just cant send them back! How can i troubleshoot this problem? What's the exact text of the NDR (bounce message)? Unlikely to be an outlook problem - leo wrote: > when i send emails from my outlook 2003 to a friend using > outlook...