"with <string> in sender" clause works on substring (matches on too many senders)

Outlook 2002 SP-3

I don't send myself e-mails but spammers would like to pretend that I
do.  They often must put something in the From header to be RFC
compliant, so they throw in the same e-mail address as they shoved in
the To header.

Say I have an account called smith@domain.tld.  I define the rule:

    Apply after receiving a message
    with smith@domain.tld in sender
    permanently delete
    stop processing more rules

Looks good until you realize the match is on a substring rather than an
exact match on the sender's full e-mail address.  The messages do get
deleted if I send myself a test e-mail from my own account to my own
account.  However, messages from marysmith, tomsmith, johnsmith,
terry_smith, and so on from the same domain will also get deleted.
That's not good and not my intention for this rule.  I'm not trying to
block all e-mails sent from anyone with a lastname of Smith that has an
account on the same domain as mine.

When looking at the headers, the sender's e-mail address is often
enclosed within angle brackets, so I tried using "<smith@domain.tld>"
but that never found a match (i.e., the delete rule never got replied)
probably because "<<smith@domain.tld>>" was not in the headers.  Also
tried using double-quotes for the string in the clause so it looked
like:

    with "smith@domain.tld" in sender

but that never found a match, either (because, again, there was no
"<"smith@domain.tld">" string in the headers).

Is there anyway to get an EXACT match on the sender's e-mail address to
use in a clause in a rule in Outlook?  I cannot enter a list of them in
Blocked Senders because that is not account specific.  I have 7
accounts, 5 of which are on the same domain, and sometimes I do send or
forward messages from one account to the other.  The rules are actually:

    Apply this rule after a message arrives
    through the name1-on-domainA account
        and with name1@domainA.tld in sender
    permanently delete
        and stop processing more rules

    Apply this rule after a message arrives
    through the name2-on-domainA account
        and with name2@domainA.tld in sender
    permanently delete
        and stop processing more rules

    (repeat above rule for each account on domainA)

    Apply this rule after a message arrives
    through the name1-on-domainB account
        and with name1@domainB.tld in sender
    permanently delete
        and stop processing more rules

    Apply this rule after a message arrives
    through the name2-on-domainB account
        and with name2@domainB.tld in sender
    permanently delete
        and stop processing more rules

    (repeat above rule for each account on domainB)

If I simply put all the <nameN>@domainA.tld accounts and all the
<nameN>@domainB.tld accounts in the Blocked Senders list then: (1) I
don't get to select the action; and, (2) I cannot send or forward
messages to one of my other accounts without it getting blocked.  I only
want a message blocked if the From header has the same e-mail address as
the account through which the e-mail was received.  The Blocked Senders
list is not account specific.

If the username isn't very long before the "@" character, you end up
matching on every longer username that ends with your short username
that is also on your same domain.  Something like smith@domain.tld is
going to wipe out almost everyone that includes "smith" at the end of
their username, and if that's your lastname then you really cannot
rule-delete e-mails from "[anyone]smith@domain.tld", where "[anyone]" is
zero or more characters, while trying to just eliminate spam e-mails
that say they came from your smith@domain.tld account.  If you are using
some little-used ISP then you won't be blocking many Smiths.  However,
if you use a large ISP or e-mail provider, you block every Smith that
included their lastname in their username, and probably your own family,
too.

Any suggestions on how to match EXACTLY on the sender's e-mail address?

*** Post replies to newsgroup.  Share with others.
*** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=news=" to Subject.

no-email76 (24)