"Unable to connect to server" error message, why?

No matter how I try to set my Outlook mail account information, I always get
the error message "Unable to connect to server" Please help!!!!
0
Muse (1)

In news:878716D0-C1E2-447C-A19F-6846D59D23CE@microsoft.com,
The Muse <The Muse@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> No matter how I try to set my Outlook mail account information, I
> always get the error message "Unable to connect to server" Please
> help!!!!

Sorry, not enough info to go on. When you post in here, always include your
version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlook - you can find this
information in Help | About. Also include the type of mail account(s) you
use and any other pertinent details.

Be sure to put a consise summary of your question in the subject line, and
the full details in the body of your post.

0
lanwench (7567)

"Unable to connect to server" error message, why?
No matter how I try to set my Outlook mail account information, I always get the error message "Unable to connect to server" Please help!!!! In news:878716D0-C1E2-447C-A19F-6846D59D23CE@microsoft.com, The Muse <The Muse@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > No matter how I try to set my Outlook mail account information, I > always get the error message "Unable to connect to server" Please > help!!!! Sorry, not enough info to go on. When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlook - you can find this inform...

one solution to outlook "unable to connect to server"
For anyone getting the "unable to connect to server" error message ... By default, SBC DSL does not allow sending mail through smtp servers other than their own because they block port 25. A search of these groups and the web did not produce much reference to port 25 blocking as being the possible problem. I messed around with settings, different servers, different clueless support lines, and different email clients for hours. SBC phone support did not once mention that port 25 blocking could be the problem; I finally discovered that on my own, **buried in their very own online d...

Outlook 97
In the process of upgrading to Exchange 2003 from 5.5, still have a large amount of users who use Outlook 97. A couple of days after deleting the old Exchange 5.5 server, several (but not all) of the Outlook 97 users reported that they could not connect to the Server. In their email profile when doing a check name/server the error is it is unable to find the name, reports connectivity problems. It seems the PC's in question cannot connect to the Global Address List via the new Exchange server, but other PC's using same OS/Outlook can. Apart from upgrading to a newer version of Outl...

Unable to connect to server error 135
I have three locations giving this same error. It appears to happen when the register is loged off for a period of time. I has happened on ta multi register site as well as a single register site. The databases can be tested and are sucessful. they can be reindexed sucessfully. I've turned off all power options and it has not helped. The error occurs when you try to log back on the POS program. Using the Task manager and ending the program sometimes works but there are time you need to restart the PC ANY Thoughts? It sounds as if you have lost the connection to the DB, restarting the...

"Unable to connect to server" error 800ccc0e/800cccoe
I've gotten this error before, normally it means the server is unresponsive or non-existent. The problem I have is that I can ping the server, login using Horde (webmail) on the same server and-- worst of all-- can even use the server's I.P. address without any response. I also fail to send through any SMTP server, whether my own or my ISP's. I don't have Pc-Cillin installed, as the Outlook Support site suggested, but I am running Norton Antivirus. Is there anything else that could possibly cause this issue? Thanks! - Quiller quiller@equiller.com Try turning off ou...

Unable to connect to server #2
I can receive messages but when I try to send I get "unable to connect to server"?? ...

Unable to Connect to Server
I have just installed Office 2004 Student and teacher edition on Tiger, and I am unable to connect to the server to get any updates or use Entourage. I am connecting to the internet via my universities wireless service and I have set up the proxy settings in the network configure in Systen Preferences and i can browse the web fine using safari. Is there something similar I have to do in office itself? I have configured to HTTP proxy in messenger and that works fine. How do I get it to connect? Thanks for any assistance ...

Unable to connect to server #4
Using Outlook 2k on winXP, I am trying to connect to a pop3 mailbox and I repeatedly get an ünable to connect to server error 0x800ccc0e message. The same message applies to the SMTP services. The other system I've setup does not get this error message, so I know its not the router or ISPs involved. Any suggestions? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q191687 Might be caused by a firewall setting. "forseti" wrote: > Using Outlook 2k on winXP, I am trying to connect to a pop3 mailbox and I > repeatedly get an ünable to connect to server...

Unable to connect to server
Day before yesterday I suddenly was unable to send or receive mail. Running Windows XP I get mail through Outlook DSL Line connected through LAN I spent the last hour working my way through with a Yahoo operator. I connect to the internet. All my settings in Outlook are correct. They are not inadvertantly changed by Norton Antivirus. I am able to send and receive mail through the Yahoo servers on their website. But I continually get "Unable to connect to the server. etc." whenever I press send/receive in Outlook. As far as I know, beyond the usuall weekly windows updates, I have...

Unable to connect to server Error 0x800ccc0e
I've tried to google for this solution but to this point have not made any progress. This computer is running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000, the computer is able to receive email but can't send. Every time I try and send email I get the error. "Unable to connect to server" SERVERNAME Error# 0x800ccc0e I've found some work around for windows XP but can't seem to follow them with Windows 2000 THANKS FOR THE HELP Hi Not sure what you have tried but here are a few things... Try to telnet to your server if this doesn't work you need to contact your ISP otherwi...

"unable to connect to server"
Outlook is giving me this error when I perform the "send/receive" command. I can go into the account properties and send a test which states that all is well. After closing the account properties, I am able to successfully send and receive email until I close Outlook. When I open Outlook again, the problem starts up again. Any ideas? Thanks, -cos ...

unable to connect to server of IMAP email account
I have several machines on a simple Home LAN. I have no microsoft exchange. I have recently moved from Netscape 7.1 to Outlook 2003. I have several email accounts. All are working fine except my IMAP account (myname@netscape.net). I think that I have set up the IMAP email account with the same values used within Netscape 7.1. Yet, when I try to collect mail from it, I get the messages: Task 'Netscape: Folder:Inbox Check for new mail.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder Inbox from the IMAP e-mail server for account Netscape. Error: Unable to co...

Unable to connect to server Error 0x800ccc0e #2
I've tried to google for this solution but to this point have not made any progress. This computer is running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000, the computer is able to receive email but can't send. Every time I try and send email I get the error. "Unable to connect to server" SERVERNAME Error# 0x800ccc0e I've found some work around for windows XP but can't seem to follow them with Windows 2000 THANKS FOR THE HELP WHAT I'VE TRIED 1) I've tried to telnet to the smpt.MyISP.com but it doesn't work 2) Deleted and re-created the account. 3) Tried this in Out...

unable to connect to server #3
after an hour I don't see my original post - sorry if this is a duplicate. I have 8 email addresses coming into my Outlook. Suddenly about a month ago I started getting error messages for some of the accounts....unable to connect to server. I called my ISP and they had me delete the account and then add it again - that fixed it. For a few hours. Then it would happen again on a few OTHER accounts - up to as many as 5 at a time. Deleting and adding in again aways fixes it but I'm having to do this several times a day!! It is Outlook 2000. I use XP. Any suggestions?? I...

Outlook 2000- Unable to Connect to Server
I keep getting an "unable to connect to server" message # ox800ccc0c when I click send/receive. My web connection works and I have rechecked all e-mail settings. I am at a loss to troubleshoot. So are we with the lack of specifics you provided. Version of Outlook and, if 98 or 2000, mode? Type of Account? Connection type (not dial up or broadband - check your account properties)? When did it stop working and what did you install/uninstall just prior to it not working? What KB articles have you already tried so we don't duplicate the effort? Have you searched google group...