'Turning on' automatic name checking and completion??

Does anyone know how to get this function to work.

I see alot of info on how to disable it, but nothing on how to get it to
work.

In the Advanced Email options I have these to items checked:
1) Automatic Name Checking
2) Suggest names while completing To, CC, and BCC F fields.

But when I start typing a name or email address it does not search.

I have used the 'detect & repair' option on outlook and tried it on a clean
outlook install and still nothing.

Any Suggestions?

Sounds like normal behavior to me.
"Suggest Names" works while you type, but only uses data from messages you
have already sent. You haven't sent any yet.
"Automatic Name checking" does not work while you're typing. You must invoke
it from the Toolbar or Ctrl-K.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"NewsReader2k" <newsreader2k@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to get this function to work.
>
> I see alot of info on how to disable it, but nothing on how to get it to
> work.
>
> In the Advanced Email options I have these to items checked:
> 1) Automatic Name Checking
> 2) Suggest names while completing To, CC, and BCC F fields.
>
> But when I start typing a name or email address it does not search.
>
> I have used the 'detect & repair' option on outlook and tried it on a
> clean outlook install and still nothing.
>

> Any Suggestions?

0
russval (3097)

automatically add date to email #2
Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs the date from the computer system. Thanks, ddlaz The header/properties of the msg will have both date and time appended, or are you saying you want to add the date to the body of your msg? "ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:5uudnfiurtYf9PzfRVn-sw@comcast.com... > Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs the > date from the computer system. > Thanks, ddlaz > > Will setting the date in the header allow the date to automatically display eac...

Project Name on POP Receivings posting journal
Ability to put Project Name and number on the POP receivings posting journal ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1beb1016-e5ea-4dd0-ae7e-0cdb71e8e8da&dg=micr...

automatic addresses in to:,cc: and bcc: fields, how to edit, delete, etc.
I don't know what it is called, but when you go to enter the names in the To, CC, and BCC in Outlook they automatically pop up. Very nice option. For example, when I go to write Tara Lewis. I write Tara and it finds the rest and pops/fills in the field. Well, this name is in a list somewhere. Where is this list, what is it called? And this list is not the same as "contacts." I'm trying to find out how to delete, edit, change, add in this list. For example. My friend Brian has two entries. One correct and one incorrect, spelled Brain. So when I write B - R it puts u...

Automatically include new code.
It would be nice to have a dex.ini option to have the system not prompt when including code from a new (or updated) chunk file. This way we could push updates to our clients and not deal with the support calls (which we'll get even if we send out an email ahead of time telling them to click "yes" when prompted). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

check boxes 02-22-10
Hello, I'm trying to insert text boxes into a document. I have found how to add them the problem is I'm getting a gray color behind them and can't find where to get rid of it at. I have tried everything. I knew how to do it in previous versions of word but not in 7. Can anyone help, please and thank you! :) -- Kathy Are you referring to the Check Box Form Field and Text Form Field controls on the Legacy Forms palette (Legacy Tools on the Developer tab)? There is a button on that palette to turn field shading off and on. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Micro...

How change Sign-in Name?
I've been using Money for years. Recently I've changed my passport account email address because the old one will no longer be available to me in the near future. When starting Money, I entered the new email address and password and Money allows me to log in. However, the issue is, the next time I start Money, the old email address is back in there and I must enter the new email address every time I start Money. How can I change the Sign-in name to same the correct email address? (I tried File/Password Manager and it will show the new address... until I close and re-open mone...

Allow Multiple Values check box not showing up
I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup Wizard, but when I get to the place where is should let me choose to store multiple values for the lookup that section does not come up. I went online and printed the instructions off the help page so I know I am doing it right. Help! IMO, multivalued and lookup fields are not a good idea. You didn't mention what version of Access you are using. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mschurter" wrote: > I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup > ...

No account number shown in printed checks
Using Money 2007 Deluxe. Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of the payees has an account number entered in the appropriate place, in the "Go to Payees" detail listing. Can't figure out what's going on here! Thanks for any assistance. Dave On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:37:03 -0700, Dave M. <DaveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Money 2007 Deluxe. > >Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account >numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of...

Customizing menu item names, form names etc.?
Hi all, Is there any way to customize the names of forms - for example if I want to call an "account" a "business partner" and modify it in the menu items and form/view names as well, can I do it? Thanks in advance, -- Anurag ...

What is the Outlook keyboard shortcut for checking new mail
"Steve Jaeger" <Sjaeger1@elp.rr.com> wrote in message news:043f01c36b5f$468b1110$a601280a@phx.gbl If there is a coded shortcut for a menu item, you will see it on the rightside of the menu. If you open Tools -> Send/Receive -> Send/Receive All, you will see F9 listed on the right. Also, it is considered impolite to use only the Subject line to carry the body of your message. -- ____________________________________________________________ ** Share with others. Post replies in the newsgroup. ** If present, remove all "-nix" from my email address. _________...

Anonymous Access Checked off- No incoming email
I have a simple setup regarding email. Mail comes in thru firewall directly to my Exchange 2003 server. I remove the check next to anonymous access in the properties of the SMTP virtual server, I receive no incoming email(UN-checked basic and checked integrated). Everything else works fine. If I leave anonymous access with the check mark, I'm bombarded with folks relaying off me. Anonymous access is not required for any of my systems to function properly. My question is... Should this simple setup work and if so, what am I doing wrong or do I need to implement a more complex envir...

Display middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen?
How do I Display the middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen? Please help. We use the Primary Contact field on the main Account screen to search and select a contact. The field then displays the First Name + Last Name of the contact that was selected. Can I make it show First Name + Last Name + Middle Name? How do I do it? I will be very appreciative for any help I receive. Thanks adna; The CRM has one format for displaying contact names. you can set that format in Settings-->Administration-->System Settings. While First Name + Last Name + Middle Name isn&...

Importing of customizations is not complete
Hello, I develop on a separate server, the customizations are exported and then imported and published on the production server. Even though I get no error messages not all customizations are loaded in the production CRM! As far as I can judge it concerns relatively "small" modifications such as the modification of the display name of an attribute. I can find the modified display name in the XML file but it doesn’t get loaded! Any ideas? Thanks, Jan ...

IBM or NCR complete system?
I am in the planning stage for our three years upgrade in the fall for all our locations. We have alway been a PC base system with HP PC, Cherry Keyboard, Epson TM-T88iii Printer, Metrologic Voyager Scanner, Indiana Cash Drawer and IVI 3000 Check Scanner. My Senior Staff has express an internet in a all in one POS equipment solution to get all locations more standard. From this user group, does anyone recommend an IBM, NCR or other complete system with RMS still being the Point-of-Sale software? Ed Try POSIFLEX Jiva "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Insert file name in Excel
I want to insert the file name into a cel of my Excel Worksheet. I need this for document management issues with Microsoft Business Soltutions Axapta. I work with Microsoft Office Excel 2003. =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1)) +1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("[",CELL ("filename",A1))-1) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I want to insert the file name into a cel of my Excel Worksheet. >I need this for document management issues with Microsoft Business >Soltutions ...

Add names to scatter plot chart
I have three columns of info in my excel spreadsheet. column 1 has names, column 2 has numbers and column 3 has numbers. I can create the scatter plot chart just fine, but what I am having a problem with is that I cannot get the names from column one to show next to the points on the scatter plot. How is this done? -- oberon.black ------------------------------------------------------------------------ oberon.black's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26732 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471758 I'm gu...

Outlook Shuts Down Automaticly
I click on the Outlook 2003 icon, Outlook opens and I see my in-box and then it imediatly closes. I have reinstalled Outlook 2003 twice and it still happens. Mike C. ...

Checked MenuItem
Thanks for the answers but I still can't get it to work. I've tried that code but it's not working. CMenu Main; Main.LoadMenu(IDR_MAIN_MENU); Main.CheckMenuItem(ID_OPTIONS_ENABLELOGGING, MF_UNCHECKED); What it wrong? Thanks Urban Btw: Sorry for the new topic but my reply function doesn't seem to work Is this menu part of CFrameWnd? If it is, use pCmdUI->SetCheck() to do it in ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler of the corresponding menu item. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler.net> wrote in message news:3f5f54...

Lookup remit to address on check history
Is there anyway to get the address the check was mailed to on the Payables Payments Zoom window? i.e. vendor calls because has not received payment and ask where check was mailed. If Remit To on vendor card has changed since check was written there is no way without having a copy of the check to tell to what address the check was sent. ...

Get control of a Userform by the Name
I want to change the text of a form. I know the name of the form and the name of the control in it. How to get the control of a form if I know the Name? Below post refers to adding a form. But I already have a form, just need the control of that! http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/beedb666e1d7a29b/f2df993ded867dd4?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=form+by+name#f2df993ded867dd4 Thanks a lot in advance Regards' Joe If you are talking about a VBA user from in VBA window press F4 (View properties window) and click on the control....

Rename Cell Name
hey all, i have change the cell anem from A1 to StartCell. Bu, how can i rename it back to A1 or change it to another name? Thanks in advance Regards Dragon Hi Dragon go into insert / name / define - you can delete the name there and create another if you wish. Cheers JulieD "Dragon" <Dragon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6A6510E-0233-4B2A-8A0C-F16F73585CBA@microsoft.com... > hey all, i have change the cell anem from A1 to StartCell. Bu, how can i > rename it back to A1 or change it to another name? > Thanks in advance > Regards > Drago...

I did install Genuine Advantage ActiveX control. But why could not find it in my IE Add-ons List?
Several days ago, I downloaded Windows Mobile Device Center from Micorosft web site for my Windows 7. As it needed Windows Genuine Verification, I installed the Genuine Advantage ActiveX control for my IE8. But now, I can not find this activeX control in my IE Add-ons List( IE -> Tools -> Manage Add-ons options of Internet Explorer ). Anyone could tell me why and where? Thanks in advance. It installed and it is not removable in any shape or form. Once done (Genuine Advantage ActiveX) it is done :-) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of oth...

Run macro automatically.

Can you suggest any way to turn off Saving to Excel?
I've been asked to disable Exporting from CRM to Excel. (I'm not making this up.) Perhaps management has temporarilly lost its senses. Your mission is impossible. Do not accept it You cannot disable exporting from CRM to Excel "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6D35176-EEA5-48A8-9798-3181E5FAD1E0@microsoft.com... > I've been asked to disable Exporting from CRM to Excel. (I'm not making > this > up.) Perhaps management has temporarilly lost its senses. How about this likely response - "But Larry, if the ...

check focus
i have edit boxes and combo boxes on a dialog (edit and combo boxes made by creat comand through widgt). i overloaded keyboard, i am using up and down keys for inserting new edit and combo boxes. now i want to check the focus if arrow key will pressed , i dont want to run my function when focus is with combo box. overloaded function is : BOOL sdialog::PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg) { // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) { //if(pMsg->wParam==VK_RETURN) // pMsg->wParam=VK_TAB; // if(pMsg->wParam=...