"Show this folder as an e-mail address book " is greyed out

This is in the Properties option under the CONTACTS folder
0
anonymous (74722)

What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support
mode?  If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft
Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup".
(Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.)

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:0b7201c3b9a2$fd6f5bc0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Anon wrote:

> This is in the Properties option under the CONTACTS folder

Show This Folder as an E-mail Address Book Is Dimmed
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C66ADA.58223750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am an administrator of a network with 8 Windows 2003 servers SP1 and 1 = Exchange 2003 SP2. Clients are running Windows XP/Office XP and Windows = 2000/Office 2000.=20 I want to share contacts with the rest of the company, contacts that I = copied from another users Outlook 2000 to the Public Folders item. I = want the contacts to be available in the Global Addresslist but in the = Properties|Outlook ...

Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book #3
Hi all, I have just created a new distribution lists in our public folders. When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is unchecked. To save me going to all workstations and checking this setting, is there some way I can set it to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" automatically? Cheers Marty... Hi Marty, sorry but this is not possible. Normally you can create a "PRF file" to configure Outlook automatically with the same settings, but the "Outlook Addressbook" is unsupported for this "auto...

Show this folder as an e-mail address book problem
I have one user with an Outlook problem. When he starts an email, and clicks on teh "to:" button, he has no contact lists to choose from. When doing a folder view of contacts, in each contact list, the checkbox for "Show this folder as an e-mail address book" is greyed out. Anyone know how I can get it changed so I can change them? Sounds like the user does not have the Outlook Address Book service in = their mail profile. Adding it should resolve the problem.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power U...

Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book #2
Hi all, I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is unchecked. To save me going to all workstations and checking this setting, is there some way I can set it to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" automatically? Cheers Marty... ....ms... <martin@adg.com.au> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. > When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail > Address Book&q...

"Show this folder as an e-mail address book " is greyed out
This is in the Properties option under the CONTACTS folder What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b7201c3b9a2$fd6f5bc0$a301280a@phx.gbl, Anon wrote...