'Sent items' and shared mailboxes..

Hi there,

I am in a customer-service environment where users have their own
PRIMARY mailbox as well numerous SHARED-mailboxes with their own
separate email addresses.

Basically what happens is that when the user replies to a cutomer
query in a SHARED-MAILBOX, the reply goes to the users 'sent- items'
rather than the shared mailbox's 'sent items'.

We tried a rule, but the rule is unrelaible, and there is an expensive
plug-in that can remedy the issue. Is there a cheaper 'shareware' plug-
in that can ensure this or an alternative 'automatic' workaround

PLEASE NOTE: The users don't want to have to use the manual email
'options'
 method, sure I know it's a wank, but they apparently signed off on
this 'automated'  functionality, and it's strange the MS deafault send
items off a shared mailbox to the primary users account???

Cheers

http://www.ivasoft.com/unisent.shtml

"Legendtofski" <legendtofski@gmail.com> ???????/???????? ? ????????
?????????: news:1186019420.045191.239850@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> Hi there,
>
> I am in a customer-service environment where users have their own
> PRIMARY mailbox as well numerous SHARED-mailboxes with their own
> separate email addresses.
>
> Basically what happens is that when the user replies to a cutomer
> query in a SHARED-MAILBOX, the reply goes to the users 'sent- items'
> rather than the shared mailbox's 'sent items'.
>
> We tried a rule, but the rule is unrelaible, and there is an expensive
> plug-in that can remedy the issue. Is there a cheaper 'shareware' plug-
> in that can ensure this or an alternative 'automatic' workaround
>
> PLEASE NOTE: The users don't want to have to use the manual email
> 'options'
> method, sure I know it's a wank, but they apparently signed off on
> this 'automated'  functionality, and it's strange the MS deafault send
> items off a shared mailbox to the primary users account???
>
> Cheers

0
no1498 (362)

Outlook Contacts: 1 item out of sync
I'm just now getting down to organising my contacts, and learning how to use the Contacts app. I have about 20 contacts set up and they appear in both Outlook 2002 Contacts and on my Pocket PC (in both the built-in Contacts app and in the Pocket Informant version). All except just one entry, which persists in Outlook despite having been deleted on my PPC. I can see nothing distinctive about it. Is there some likely explanation I've missed please? Obviously, my next step will be to delete it directly from Outlook, but I'm curious to know why it's not syncing. Meanwhile I've...

Mailbox moves to Ex2003 don't remove 5.5 mailbox
I have moved several hundred mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000 to an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running on Windows 2003 without any issues. However, lately I have moved two mailboxes (seperately) and have run into a problem. The Move Mailbox wizard shows a successful move and the mailbox does appear in the Exchange 2003 server, but the mailbox also appears in the Exchange 5.5 server. So, there are two mailboxes for a single account. I have reviewed article 299473 which seems to describe what is happening (although I have not used Replmon.exe to confirm this...

Duplication of Item on Sales Receipt.
Has anyone experienced this...and have a solution for it: Staff scan in customer purchase of an item. Screen shows the amount due Staff receives payment, as shown on screen. Sales Receipt is produced. The receipt shows the item twice, and the price increase to reflect this duplication. This also relieves our inventory of an item that has not been sold. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks marwat This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01B3_01C6D8B2.8B1DC480 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quote...

Exchange 2000
Hello, Does anybody know of search tool that can perform the following: 1. Search the Mailbox store directly, i.e., M: 2. We are interesting in search for From, To, Subject and Body and if possible attachment contents. 3. We would like to do one pass on the information store so we wish to be able to build a multiople search query, i.e., a) Search for "John" b) Search for person@domain.com c) Search for "HELLO" d) etc... 4. We would like to then be able to copy our findings to a folder or something.... It seems that the built in searchin...

HOw do I get my sent items to appear on the day that I send them
How do I get my sent items to appear on the day that I send them. How do they appear now? Are you filtering your view of your Sent Items folder? -- Kathleen Orland "celeste" <celeste@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A277EB9-348B-4504-9B06-EB552DA44362@microsoft.com... > How do I get my sent items to appear on the day that I send them. > ...

changing accounts for sent emails
I am using Outlook 2000 with my laptop. I receive and send email from two differents accounts. One is for work, the other is for personal email. The default send is for the work account. I know to change the send account using the options choice on the toolbar, however, I frequently forget to do that. Is there a way to either: 1) display the name of the from: account when composing the email (which I usually do with Microsoft Word) so that I can more easily remember to change the account or 2) associate some contacts preferentially with the non-default account (i.e. have one default accou...

transferring files [inbox, sent mail, etc] from outlook
Recently installed Windows 7 and began using windows live mail. Previously had windows xp and windows outlook. I am trying to transfer the mail files [inbox, sent, drafts, etc] to windows live mail but cannot figure out how to do that. Help! If you really mean Outlook, it's more complicated. You need to take the ..pst file to a computer running Outlook, import the messages into Outlook Express first. If you mean Outlook Express, then you need to copy all of the .dbx files to the Win 7 computer, then import them into WLM. File - Import - Messages - Microsoft Outlook Ex...

sharing folder in entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop we would like to share a folder in entourage without using exchange. <br> we would like to archive our email on 1 dataserver and be able to view these emails on 2 computers in a shared folder. is this possible without using exchange ? <capoen@officeformac.com> wrote: > > we would like to share a folder in entourage without using exchange. <br> > we would like to archive our email on 1 dataserver and be able to view > these emails on 2 computers in a shared fo...

Display only duplicate values and delete UNIQUE Items
All I have a very large list of data and on a monthly basis i need to display only the duplicate items in a spreadsheet. I would like to do this in VBA and then run it as a macro on the spreadsheet. Alot of the sites that i have seen only show how to removed the duplicates. Excel 2007 has a function which removed all duplicates but so far i have found nothing that only displays the duplciates.... any ideas anyone? Assuming that the field you use to determine uniqueness is column A, you can put this formula in a helper column: =3DIF(COUNTIF(A:A,A2)>1,"Duplicate","Unique&...

Importing Vendor/Supplier Items
Is anybody successfully importing their supplier/vendor purchase order items into RMS SO 2.0? We would like to import all the item information from a PO that we have ordered on a vendors web site or spreadsheet (including item descriptions, UPC codes (and set these as our ILCs) pricing etc), so we don't have to manually enter this. I can see a lot of potential problems (existing items versus new items, existing cost versus new cost, different layouts for different suppliers) so any feed back would be appreciated. Is anybody using any add-on modules to accomplish this? If so how do...

move Mailbox #7
Move Mail Box fails becasue of having lot of courrtion in mailbox. but mailbox opens sucessfully in outlook and i can read all the emails from outlook. Hi, The mailbox move manager will give you a report (you have to check this before you hit 'finish'). It will show tell you the corrupt items in the mailbox - their subject and location. You can then get the user to delete them, before re-running the move. Alternatively you can just set your corrupt item count to be the 'same +1' as the total number of corrupt messages in the mailbox. If the user can open and read...

Shared folder goes offline
I have a shared folder on a laptop and I'm trying to access it from a desktop. Sometimes this is possible and sometimes the shared folder is "inaccessible", even if the laptop is not hibernating. Both OSes are WinXP Pro. How do I solve this problem? Most common two reasons are detailed here: http://mylogon.net/support/psave/ "Herzl Regev" wrote: > I have a shared folder on a laptop and I'm trying to access it from a > desktop. Sometimes this is possible and sometimes the shared folder is > "inaccessible", even if the laptop is...

-ERR mailbox could not be opened
Windows 7 Ultimate x64; Windows Live Mail Client; all updates applied. Have 1 'Hotmail' & 2 'Live' accounts, all set up in WLM using pop3.live.com / smtp.live.com settings. Been working fine up until yesterday. One of the 'Live' accounts will not sync anymore. Error message as follows (account name masked out): --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (*************) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive message...

Avg. Mailbox size for Mid-size company
I am tasked to find the average mailbox size of a general Exchange end-user in a mid-size company that is equivalent to one that I work for: 700 to 800 employees with approx. 550 to 600 email accounts. We are trying to come up with a policy to “encourage” people start cleaning out and deleting unimportant items and archiving the important ones from their inbox and sent items box. Since implementing Exchange 2000 (which was migrated from Groupwise), our storage has grown exponentially in the last two years! We have people that have not cleaned out their inbox in the last five years, ...

spying/monitoring mailbox's
Hi everyone, I was trying to log outgoing mail from all users, and what I did was the following: Open up the administrator console. Goto Exchange > Administrative Groups > First Administrative Group > System Policies Right click > new. tick general Give it a name, click on General (Policy), tick 'archive all messages sent...." Give it a location. ------------------------- Now I have done that, and selected a location as a mailbox. But how do I view it ?? I tried using OWA, but couldn't find anything there at all. I'm not sure if the steps I followed we...

Exchange Mailbox Hanging During Operation
Hello, I have an issue with one mailbox on my Exchange 2003 server. The problem is basically just slowness and hanging during normal use. When the user tries to open, compose, look at calander etc...she gets an hourglass and the app will stop responding. No one else is having this problem. Also, we only have one Exchange server in the company. I tried creating her a new profile on a new PC and still have the problem there. Is the data store corrupt? Is the mailbox corrupt, or are the emails corrputed causing this problem? Is there a repair I can run on one mailbox if this is the case? ...

Sharing
Is it possible to share an excel worksheet - have two users make corrections at the same time? XL 2003. Tools | Share Workbook, The owner of the sheet (who shared it) will be asked when the other(s) make changes on the same cell hth -- regards from Brazil Thanks in advance for your feedback. Marcelo "Bianca" escreveu: > Is it possible to share an excel worksheet - have two users make corrections > at the same time? ...

How to unsend a sent e mail
How do you unsend an e mail you just sent? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you unsend an e mail you just sent? If you are using MS Exchange and the recipient hasn't read it yet (i.e., opened it in any way), and if they sort the list by most recent so the original e-mail doesn't happen to get highlighted first (i.e., opened) before the recall request message, and so on (i.e., recall is VERY flaky), you aren't going to stop your sent message. Actually, from what I've found at Microsoft and other MVPs, you don't need exchange. The recall request is a...

Moving large mailbox over slow link
I have a some exchange boxes connected by slow links, I have to move some mailboxes that are large and the links aren't that reliable and drop off so the mailbox move fails, and unfortunately it don't resume (boy that would be a nice feature). So I'm thinking about setting up a temp exchange box, bring it physically to location A, move the boxes, then take it to location B and more then back on the server. Is that a good way to go about this? Or is there some way I could move them to a different storage group, un-mount it move the storage group and remount? I don't'...

Corruption in Exchange 2003 Mailbox's
I have a couple of users how currenlty i am not able to backup there mailbox with veritas 9.1. I recieve a message stating that Top of Information store.INBOX (and then the name of the file) is a corrupt file. Is there a utility that i am able to use to fix this problem. Does this mean that my whole information store mat possibly be corrupt, even though i am able to backup other mailboxes. Thanks in advance. Deon Just to clairify this happens for only a couple users? Or can you not perform any brick level backups? Were you at somepoint in the past with this current veritas install ...

POP3 Mailboxes
What is the best way to create POP3 mailboxes for Outlook client e-mail access (*.pst personnal folders) by people that you do NOT want to be able to authenticate to any other part of your domain? I just need to provide POP3 mail for company individuals who are not allowed to "see" anything else but mail. Thank you, Mike PS: This is a Small Business Server 2003 domain. Exchange pop3 uses Windows authentication. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

shared NoteBook on an ISP server
Hi Can I share a noteBook so that me and another person in a remote location "different city" can work on it at the same time? if so, what is needed and how? many thx -- samjesse Hi there. this is fairly easy to do with DROPBOX. Just install the application and all your data in the designated folder will be replicated to your dropbox in the cloud. you can then have another user install the dropbox too and sync to his/her account. this way both people are using the same file and changes are automatically sync'ed. hope this helps. arturelis -...

Sort order on items in receipt
Has anyone figured out how to put a sort order on the items theat print out on an invoice. Normally these print out in the order you added them onto the transaction. We are looking to sort the items based on the bin location so the orders can be picked more efficiently. Anyone had luck doing something like this? Casey Hanson New West Technologies Casey have a look at the RR Store Misc Utility - there are a whole bunch of add-ons there - one of them is picking and packingthat you can configure and that can print automatically o whatever printer you want. You can download and play with thi...

Outlook 2003 Crashes when adding item to Calendar
Hi, My Outlook 2003 crashes every time I try to add an item to either my local calendar or a public folder calendar. I've tried repairing and then re-installing outlook but have had no joy. Any ideas? Regards, Aidan webmaster, you wrote on Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:49:48 +0100: > My Outlook 2003 crashes every time I try to add an item to either my local > calendar or a public folder calendar. > > I've tried repairing and then re-installing outlook but have had no joy. > > Any ideas? Close Outlook, search for the file "FRMCACHE.DAT" on your compute...

Sending mail from public folders and saving sent items
Hi all, We have users here who use the public folders in Exchange 2003 to communicate with clients. It allows for a central place for all the staff to be able to communicate with clients. Im trying to figure out a way that when mail is sent from a public folder(using send on behalf of) that allows us to save the sent items in the folder itself instead of in the users own sent items folder. Is there a way to accomplish within exchange or am i looking at 3rd party tools? Thanks Andy You're looking at making sure you CC or BCC the public folder when you send the item. :-) Out...