'Send Using' missing in Outlook 2003

Hi,

Our company wants to upgrade to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000.

The major sticking point at the moment is that their is no 'Send Using'
command in 2003 like there was in 2000.

With 2003 you have to select which Account to send from 1st before hitting
the send button. If our users forget this step then emails will be sent from
the wrong dept etc.

With Send Using it forces them to think and select the correct account to
send from.

Are there any addins that replicate this functionality in 2003?

We really want the spam & security features of 2003 but can't upgrade til we
solve this.

TIA

Glenn

0
spam1 (174)

Here's the solution I use: I have a number of accounts that I don't normally
want to send with, so I have per-account signatures set up with the
signatures for those accounts giving me a message "DON'T SEND WITH THIS
ACCOUNT !!!" You might be able to do something similar.

Note that WordMail is required in order to switch signatures when you change
the sending account for a message.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"G Namx" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Our company wants to upgrade to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000.
>
> The major sticking point at the moment is that their is no 'Send Using'
> command in 2003 like there was in 2000.
>
> With 2003 you have to select which Account to send from 1st before hitting
> the send button. If our users forget this step then emails will be sent
from
> the wrong dept etc.
>
> With Send Using it forces them to think and select the correct account to
> send from.
>

> Are there any addins that replicate this functionality in 2003?
>
> We really want the spam & security features of 2003 but can't upgrade til
we
> solve this.
>

> TIA
>
> Glenn

0
suemvp (4038)
7/27/2004 12:44:12 PM
Hi Sue,

Thanks for your response however we do need to replicate the exact
functionality.

I'm now looking at coding this myself. So far i've hard coded a test menu
but after searching through various object models am unable to determine how
to:

1) Read the list of accounts a user has (Outlook set up in internet only
mode with pop3 accounts) to dynamically populate my menu.
2) Select an account programmatically before firing the send (Send code
ripped from your site www.outlookcode.com)

regards,

Glenn

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> Here's the solution I use: I have a number of accounts that I don't
normally
> want to send with, so I have per-account signatures set up with the
> signatures for those accounts giving me a message "DON'T SEND WITH THIS
> ACCOUNT !!!" You might be able to do something similar.
>
> Note that WordMail is required in order to switch signatures when you
change
> the sending account for a message.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "G Namx" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Our company wants to upgrade to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000.
> >
> > The major sticking point at the moment is that their is no 'Send Using'
> > command in 2003 like there was in 2000.
> >
> > With 2003 you have to select which Account to send from 1st before
hitting
> > the send button. If our users forget this step then emails will be sent
> from
> > the wrong dept etc.
> >
> > With Send Using it forces them to think and select the correct account
> > send from.
> >

> > Are there any addins that replicate this functionality in 2003?
> >
> > We really want the spam & security features of 2003 but can't upgrade
til
> we
> > solve this.
> >

> > TIA
> >
> > Glenn

0
spam1 (174)
7/27/2004 2:12:29 PM
The exact functionality is not available in any current add-in, to my
knowledge.

There's no such thing as Internet only mode in Outlook 2003.

Building such functionality would entail using CommandBars to both read the
list of accounts from the Accounts pop-up menu and select an account from
that menu.

--

> Hi Sue,
>
> Thanks for your response however we do need to replicate the exact
> functionality.
>
> I'm now looking at coding this myself. So far i've hard coded a test menu
> but after searching through various object models am unable to determine
how
> to:
>
> 1) Read the list of accounts a user has (Outlook set up in internet only
> mode with pop3 accounts) to dynamically populate my menu.
> 2) Select an account programmatically before firing the send (Send code
> ripped from your site www.outlookcode.com)
>

> regards,
>
> Glenn
>

> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> > Here's the solution I use: I have a number of accounts that I don't
> normally
> > want to send with, so I have per-account signatures set up with the
> > signatures for those accounts giving me a message "DON'T SEND WITH THIS
> > ACCOUNT !!!" You might be able to do something similar.
> >
> > Note that WordMail is required in order to switch signatures when you
> change
> > the sending account for a message.
> >
> > "G Namx" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Our company wants to upgrade to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000.
> > >
> > > The major sticking point at the moment is that their is no 'Send
Using'
> > > command in 2003 like there was in 2000.
> > >
> > > With 2003 you have to select which Account to send from 1st before
> hitting
> > > the send button. If our users forget this step then emails will be
sent
> > from
> > > the wrong dept etc.
> > >
> > > With Send Using it forces them to think and select the correct account
> > > send from.
> > >

> > > Are there any addins that replicate this functionality in 2003?
> > >
> > > We really want the spam & security features of 2003 but can't upgrade
> til
> > we
> > > solve this.
> > >

> > > TIA
> > >
> > > Glenn

0
suemvp (4038)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

using the journal on outlook

will CRM load on a 2003 server?