(right click)>Send To>Mail Recipient... not working...?

On my computer at work, I noticed today that if I right click on a file,
choose send to: "Mail Recipient" , instead of bringing up a new email loaded
with the file etc... it brings up my MSN Explorer log on screen. I checked
and I do have Outlook set as the default email client so why is not acting
correctly? I have the same setup at home and it works correctly (brings up a
new email loaded with an attached file of choice).

is there a way to choose somewhere (setting, registry etc) what comes up
when I right click menu -send to- mail recipient?

0
rnwrede (29)

"99XJ" <rnwrede@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On my computer at work, I noticed today that if I right click on a file,
> choose send to: "Mail Recipient" , instead of bringing up a new email
> loaded
> with the file etc... it brings up my MSN Explorer log on screen. I checked
> and I do have Outlook set as the default email client so why is not acting
> correctly? I have the same setup at home and it works correctly (brings up
> new email loaded with an attached file of choice).
>
> is there a way to choose somewhere (setting, registry etc) what comes up
> when I right click menu -send to- mail recipient?

Outlook or Outlook Express?

For Outlook Express:
From http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/defaultl.htm

Go to Start | Run and type this command, with the double quotes and spaces:

"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"  /reg

and then make sure that OE is selected as the default mail program in both
IE and OE.

If that isn't enough, see this article:
"Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

You might also want to try this:

Restores OE to the E-mail clients list in Internet Options
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/oe_client.htm

To set Outlook as the default mail client,- Go to Start, Run - Type in the
following with quotation marks and press OK
"C:\program files\microsoft office\office\outlook.exe" /checkclient
For more information on Outlook see:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/defaultmailer.htm

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

None of those solutions worked, still brings up the MSN Explorer log on page
"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "99XJ" <rnwrede@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On my computer at work, I noticed today that if I right click on a file,
>> choose send to: "Mail Recipient" , instead of bringing up a new email
>> loaded
>> with the file etc... it brings up my MSN Explorer log on screen. I
>> checked
>> and I do have Outlook set as the default email client so why is not
>> acting
>> correctly? I have the same setup at home and it works correctly (brings
>> up a
>> new email loaded with an attached file of choice).
>>
>> is there a way to choose somewhere (setting, registry etc) what comes up
>> when I right click menu -send to- mail recipient?
>>

> Outlook or Outlook Express?
>
> For Outlook Express:
> From http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/defaultl.htm
>
> Go to Start | Run and type this command, with the double quotes and
> spaces:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"  /reg
>
> and then make sure that OE is selected as the default mail program in both
> IE and OE.
>
> If that isn't enough, see this article:
> "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
>
> You might also want to try this:
>
> Restores OE to the E-mail clients list in Internet Options
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/oe_client.htm
>
> To set Outlook as the default mail client,- Go to Start, Run - Type in the
> following with quotation marks and press OK
> "C:\program files\microsoft office\office\outlook.exe" /checkclient
> For more information on Outlook see:
> http://www.slipstick.com/config/defaultmailer.htm
>
> --
> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> www.fjsmjs.com
> Do not send email

0
rnwrede (29)
10/19/2007 9:05:47 PM
> None of those solutions worked, still brings up the MSN Explorer log on
> page

I don't have any more ideas.  Sorry.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com
Do not send email

Found this on a another forum:

"However I found from the below website that the sendmail.dll resides at
different sites, and on copying it from the sytem32 folder to the dll
cache folder where it was not present, the problem was solved.
http://www.exodus-dev.com/techtips/w...endmaildll.htm "

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:2170EF38-A301-4C9B-9C67-7C2EBBD001C9@microsoft.com...
> "99XJ" <rnwrede@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> None of those solutions worked, still brings up the MSN Explorer log
>> on page
>
> I don't have any more ideas.  Sorry.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> www.fjsmjs.com
> Do not send email

On the internet explorer browser click on tools>internet options>programs and
select Outlook as your email program.

"99XJ" wrote:

> On my computer at work, I noticed today that if I right click on a file,
> choose send to: "Mail Recipient" , instead of bringing up a new email loaded
> with the file etc... it brings up my MSN Explorer log on screen. I checked
> and I do have Outlook set as the default email client so why is not acting
> correctly? I have the same setup at home and it works correctly (brings up a
> new email loaded with an attached file of choice).
>
> is there a way to choose somewhere (setting, registry etc) what comes up
> when I right click menu -send to- mail recipient?

0
Sezzyredd (1)

CA's Brightstore High Avalability, does it work?
Does anyone have any real world expereince using Brightstore High Avalability to protect an exchange server? Does it work? Do I need two Exchange licences? Thanks for any info. Before you base your enterprise messaging subsystem on top of such a product, inquire about the quality of the vendor's technical support. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <Scamp@nospam.com> wrote in message news:oss8j1lsa00be587o2bnuggc61em61cuq5@4ax.com... > Does anyone have any real world expereince using Brightstore High > Avalab...

Attaching a worksheet to an e-mail
Hi! I am working with excel 2003 I would like to attach a worksheet (not the entire workbook) to a e-mail. I would like to do it as an excel worksheet if possible but can make it work as a body of text as well. What would the code loo like for this. The user is accessing my workbook file (read only) through a websit and when they fill-out the form they click a button and the macr e-mails the form worksheet to my e-mail address. This is an attempt a doing "On-Line" warranty claims. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appriciated -- Brian Matlac --------------------------------...

Sending page by e-mail locks up computer
IE 6, Outlook 2000, Windows 2000 Professional. Each time I send a web page by e-mail to someone using Outlook, the e-mail goes through fine to my recipients, but my computer locks up. Eventually, I manage to close everything down via the task manager (and that too takes a while to get to), and then I have to reboot to regain access to Outlook. This, too, first has to be done in the safe mode so that the open mailbox can be closed up, and then I can get back to my normal operations by logging out and loggin back in. Can someone please help witth what settings I should look at either...

I want to send full contacts list to another user
I have Microsoft Outlook 2000, and My Contacts are set up in a Hierarchy. I want to send the whole group to another user. Is there any way of sending the contacts, and keeping the existing Hierarchy. Thanks, Gerry. ...

Scrolling not working in spreadsheet (Excel 2000)
Good afternoon. We have Excel 2000 running on Windows 2000. I have a spreadsheet with a column that is filtered by Status - Open or Closed. If I am showing the 'Open' items, I can page up and down, use the up/down arrows and the mouse to scroll up and down in the document. If I show the 'Closed' items, none of the scrolling options work. The scroll bar on the right indicates that I'm 'moving' down in the document, and the cell reference in the upper left corner changes (as does the display of the cell contents) but all I see on the screen is the first page. An...

Junk E-mail Problem
Hi All, Our company using Small Business Server 2003, all the user use outlook 2003. We connect email through Exchange Server. We had a big problem, my boss email usually go to junk mail at Exchange Server mail box. But not every email. We had added him to safe sender list but the problem still exist. I had checked the server but I can't find the definition of filter email. My boss is using Powerbook Macintosh and Microsoft Entourage 2004 to send email. His company email is always forward to his ISP email and he receive email from ISP pop3 account. He use ISP smtp account to send emai...

OWA cant send emails, error with SMTP Virtual Server
i have a server setup at home that is connected to a ISP that does not allow SMTP from another domain. I created a a new connector to send emails using the ISP smtp server. Exchange System Manager failed to retrieve queues for the SMTP Virtual Server (error code = 0x800706BE). Check the event log and verify that the required services are running. i cannot send or receive emails using OWA ...

unable to send email #4
I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred while trying send data to the server. (Error number 0x800ccc13). Can anyone provide any assistance to resolve this issue/ Thank you so much! Hi, Could you be more specific about the account type and the version ofOutlook etc ...??? Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Moises" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:537701c3ffd4$8fac4fd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred > while trying send data to the server. (Error number...

Opening E-mail with excel attachment
I cannot open excel files people send me through e-mail it asks to check if path and filename are correct and that I have all the libraries required, i have excel97...can someboby please help m Try this first In Microsoft Excel 97, on the Tools menu, click Options. Click the General tab. Clear the Ignore Other Applications checkbox, and click OK. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B135A4B-65A9-47FB-BDA1-A884C31BAC55@microsoft.com... > I cannot open excel files peo...

Windows Mail spelling control Dutch
Spelling control of my Windows Mail (Version 6.0.6000.16386 / Vista_rtm.061101-2205) is presently limited to English, French, German, Spanish. I want to include spelling control for Dutch. I received below advise, but after donwload and installation of the most recent version of Wlndows Live, no upgrade to below mentioned latest version has happened, nor is there a complement of 37 spell check languages. ********************** Make sure you have the latest version (14.0.8089.0726), and you have to be online to see the full complement of 37 spell check languages. ****************...

Cannot Send or Receive
Since this morning Ihave been unable to send or receive,checked all settings against my wifes identical laptop. I have also deleted and re-added. I receive -- An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005 Any help would be greatley appreciated Dave Try this: In your browser go to http://www.comcast.net, then click the = Email button and log in.Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you = want to save any messages, create a new folder and mov...

I can receive and not send
I am using XP and Outlook 2007. E-mail just recently won't send. I get the error message "your server does not support the connection encryption type." I can send using Web Mail (q.com)The ISP reports there is nothing wrong. One error said there is an internal error; it was not fixed with the repair function on the disk. Point me in the right direction, please. Have you verified your account settings already? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd st...

Mouse scroll not working in Module window
Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works everywhere else in Access ok? Any ideas appreciated. Piri yeah don't use ancient software, kid "Piri" <wiremu.pareiha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178247184.740213.222110@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro > Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the > mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works > everywhere else i...

will RMS 2.0 work with Windows 7
Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you using? Yes 2.0.0126 -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0D2035-1FB0-497E-8F73-AF5FDA947E64@microsoft.com... > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you > using? Hi Larry, RMS 2.0 SP2 working fine with windows 7 Vijay "Larry" wrote: > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS ar...

How do I print a list of my E-mail folders?
I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. "AHD23" <AHD23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BFD12CA-5D55-4376-AF9C-58703042577D@microsoft.com... >I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. I don't believe there's a way to do that, except as a screen shot. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] This might be a workaround for you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&smp=12&cmd=showitem&lang=en In example #1, replace the line LoopItems Folder.Items by Debug.Print Folder.Name After running the code,...

OWA not work properly
When users go to http://sitename/exchange they get the yellow OWA screen without the graphics. If I enter username, I get "HTTP Error 404 - Not Found". I have NT 4.0 SP6a, Exchange 5.5 SP4, and IIS 4.0 with all the latest updates. In Internet Service Manager, in the Default Web Site properties, I have the redirect to the above URL in the Home Directory tab. Under the Directory Security tab I have both Anonymous and Challenge/Response. In the Exchange folder properties (in Internet Service Manager) under the Virtual Directory tab I have the Local Path "c:\exchsrvr\webdata&quo...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK)

Host Unreachable when sending email.
When I do an 'nslookup' on the domain I get the message "Non-authoritative answer" and then it lists the domain and the I/P address. What is "Non-authoritative answer" and would that prevent me from sending email to someone on that domain? No, it will not. Non-authoritative means that the name server (DNS) is not the "owner" of that domain. In other words, it is not authoritative. It can still, however, resolve the names necessary for sending mail. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;153001 for a pretty good discussion of how th...

Send-as/Send of behalf Exchange 2k -> 2k3
We've allowed user under our old Exchange 2K server to send emails with different From: addresses (vs the "send on behalf of" option). This worked fine for Contacts and Dept mailboxes (which is just another user), if the users got "Send-As" rights under the security tab for the Contact or Dept mailbox. Now, having migrated to Exchange 2K3, things are different. There have been various posts around, but either I missed the solution/enlightment to my problem or ... [Contacts] After the migration to the new server, users still can sent emails as before with a contact in...

Renamed Junk E-Mail Folder
We're using MS Outlook 2003 (Standard) on several of our Dell laptops. After installing Outlook 2003 on a recently reformatted system, I noticed that my user's "Junk E-Mail" folder is named "Correo no deseado" which loosely means "mail not wanted" in Spanish. Since this is a system folder, the user wasn't able to rename it. Neither my manager nor I have any idea about why this folder has been renamed in Spanish or how to correct the problem. This is the only item in Outlook that has a Spanish translation. Too weird! Any ideas? look for l...

Outlook Mail notification
Back in the day when I used Netscape 4.0. I used to be able to configure the Netscape email program to notify me with a taskbar icon (and sound) anytime a new email came in, regardless of whether I had the email program running or not. I am currently using Outlook 2002 (Office XP) as my email program. I am able to configure Outlook to notify me when a new email comes in, but apparently it only works when Outlook is running. Does anyone know if there is a way for it to send an mail notification icon when Outlook isn't running. I am on a cable modem so I am always connected, and Ou...

decimal spaces toolong when mail merging from excel
I recive data in an excel spreadsheet that contains in one column a number expressed as " 5.55" which is supposed to be a percentage, but when I try to mailmerge the data, it mailmerges as "5.55061561650660". In other words it carries out the decimal place more than 2 digits, which is not what I want. I have tried formatting the cell, rounding, hand typing the information in another column and deleting the column that contained the original information (which I am sure was edited from 5.55061561650660.) How can I fix this problem so that when I mail merge it comes ou...

Receive all does not check all our e-mail addresses
When I select receive all, Outlook Express only connects to 32 of our e-mail accounts. All the accounts are set up to be included when receiving mail or synchronising. Even my default e-mail account is missed. It would be great if I could pull in all of our e-mails at the click of one button rather than have to check the missed accounts individually. Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer i...

Case Workflow E-mail to Primary Contact
We work with "Accounts" and "Contacts". Each "Account" has a primary contact and a number of other contacts associated to it. A Case is created whenever a Contact calls us with a problem. Using a Case E-mail Template and Workflow we send out an E-mail when the case is created. The E-mail goes to our internal Users and the Contact providing details of the case. What I would like to do is have the Primary Contact of the Contacts Account (Company) also receive a copy of the E-Mail but appear limited by the available Workflow E-mail recipients. All suggrestions...

Eliminated errors sending from wrong POP3 email account
I have Outlook 2002 and have a few different POP3 email accounts set up. These accounts are very different in nature and I want to make sure I don't accidentally send an email from the "wrong" account. I've already accidentally sent emails from the default account that should not have been sent from that account. Is there any way to help make sure I don't make future mistakes sending from the wrong account? Possibly setting up a confirmation asking me to verify which account to send the email from before sending. Or any other suggestions to help not make future m...