"Reply" Button Hangs Outlook 2000

Running Outlook 2000 on Windows XP on a new HP Pavilion Notebook with 512 MB
RAM and 40 GB hard drive.

When I click "Reply" on the messages FROM ONE PARTICULAR CORRESPONDANT ONLY,
the Outlook program hangs and must be restarted. Eventually I seem to have
to restart the computer to get normal functionality.

The messages in question are in HTML format. Sometimes they have an attached
file, sometimes they don't. They come from an .edu domain and have been
forwarded to me from another .edu domain, then to a Verizon DSL account,
then to the regular dialup ISP that I use during the summer.

When I send my own message via that same route--i.e., from my current dialup
ISP to the .edu account that forwards to Verizon, then back to me--I have no
trouble with the Reply function.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Joan

"A Baffled User" <petiteplaisance@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Running Outlook 2000 on Windows XP on a new HP Pavilion Notebook with 512
> MB RAM and 40 GB hard drive.
>
> When I click "Reply" on the messages FROM ONE PARTICULAR CORRESPONDANT
> ONLY, the Outlook program hangs and must be restarted. Eventually I seem
> to have to restart the computer to get normal functionality.
>
> The messages in question are in HTML format. Sometimes they have an
> attached file, sometimes they don't. They come from an .edu domain and
> have been forwarded to me from another .edu domain, then to a Verizon DSL
> account, then to the regular dialup ISP that I use during the summer.
>
> When I send my own message via that same route--i.e., from my current
> dialup ISP to the .edu account that forwards to Verizon, then back to
> me--I have no trouble with the Reply function.
>
> Thanks in advance for any ideas.
>
> Joan

I have had that problem - when I reply to one particular person then click
Send, Outlook hangs. If I change the message format from HTML to text first,
it works OK. I have not figured out what's causing the problem.

--
Peter Aitken

paitken (25)
8/1/2005 12:44:16 PM
I'll be darned--that worked for me, too! What do you suppose would be the
problem with just ONE correspondent?

In any case, many thanks!

Joan

"Peter Aitken" <paitken@CRAPnc.rr.com> wrote in message
> "A Baffled User" <petiteplaisance@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Running Outlook 2000 on Windows XP on a new HP Pavilion Notebook with 512
>> MB RAM and 40 GB hard drive.
>>
>> When I click "Reply" on the messages FROM ONE PARTICULAR CORRESPONDANT
>> ONLY, the Outlook program hangs and must be restarted. Eventually I seem
>> to have to restart the computer to get normal functionality.
>>
>> The messages in question are in HTML format. Sometimes they have an
>> attached file, sometimes they don't. They come from an .edu domain and
>> have been forwarded to me from another .edu domain, then to a Verizon DSL
>> account, then to the regular dialup ISP that I use during the summer.
>>
>> When I send my own message via that same route--i.e., from my current
>> dialup ISP to the .edu account that forwards to Verizon, then back to
>> me--I have no trouble with the Reply function.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any ideas.
>>
>> Joan
>>

> I have had that problem - when I reply to one particular person then click
> Send, Outlook hangs. If I change the message format from HTML to text
> first, it works OK. I have not figured out what's causing the problem.
>

> --
> Peter Aitken
>
> Remove the crap from my email address before using.

Reply To: address does not send out to that address
We are running exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 server. The server has mail forwarder to if for a select subset of the corporate email accounts. The exchange server does not have MX records established nor do we want them. ie exchange server is called exc.corporate.server corporate server is called corporate.server What we want is to be able to set the Reply to in the users email address in IMS to be their corporate mail server address. ie SMTP mail address set to user@corporate.server and that address set as the Reply to address. what happens when we do this is that any em...

Outlook Reply default
Hello, I did a Micrspft update and all of the sudden when I reply to an email the reply is only at 75% zoom. The test is so small that it is really hard to read. I tried changing the zoom to 100% and it fixes for that email but when I reply to another email - it switches back to 75% zoom. It's really annoying and hopefully someone will know how to fix this. I also tried setting the Zoom to Page Width and again it fixes for that one reply but it switches back to 75% on the next reply that I do. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it very much... Change the zoom settings in...

How to send Exchange email from two different accounts, with matching from and reply-to addresses, from one OL (profile)?
The Exchange server I administer hosts email for two separate companies. _One_ user works with both of these companies and needs to be able to send and receive from both domains (companyA.com and companyB.com) _and_ wants to do everything from one Outlook / Exchange 2000 instance. Initially I just gave him email addresses for both domains so all email from both came into the one inbox; and of course the from field his recipients saw and the reply to address was his primary SMTP address. He needs to be able to now specify, per email, which account / company email is coming from. I quickly foun...

Keeping Custom Properties When Forwarding or Replying to a Message #2
We have emails saved on the file system, that is kept track of by another program. These emails have custom properties attached to them. There is no custom form, just custom properties. These fields were originally added using objPost.UserProperties.Add. We need it so that when someone opens up one of these emails through the file system, and then replies or fowards the message, these custom properties are kept in the reply. This is so the external program can track these emails. Is there a way this can be done? We could have these emails opened up using an Outlook command line that i...

Reply/forward in HTML #2
Using Office 2003 is there a way to automatically forward or reply in HTML? I have an autosignature with links to our company website, etc and unless it's in html it's just so much text. I know I can manually change replies/ forward to html but is there a way to set O2003 to do so automatically? Steve Ignots signots@aol.com <signots@aol.com> wrote: > Using Office 2003 is there a way to automatically forward or reply in > HTML? I have an autosignature with links to our company website, etc > and unless it's in html it's just so much text. I know I can manually ...

when using "reply" button, the "to" address different than original
Hi Everyone, Our company has recently encountered a problem when replying to an original email where the reply to address changes the spelling of the original senders address. We are using Outlook 2002, sp-3 and the problem is with names with the letter "z" in them. Example: MelissaBeltzner@anyone.org (correct address) when clicking the reply button the to address becomes: MelissaBeltxner@anyone.org (changes the "z" to an "x") Has anyone else experienced this issue. If so, help in solving greatly appreciated. Thank you!!! ...

reply to email in personal folder
Replies to email notes field in a personal folder do not get sent out. INstead, Outlook simply stores the reply in teh same folder as the original email being replied to. Replies to emails in the inbox are mailed just fine. What is the difference and how do I fix it? Are you sure they're not being sent? There's a setting (in the Tools menu > Options > Email Options > Advanced dialog) that will put copies of the reply in the same folder as the original. "Jack BAumgarten" <jack_ba@msn.com> wrote in message news:021d01c367b0$b343b5d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Reply messages
When I try reply an email to several contacts (the same contacts of the original message), I receive de following message: "could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid" if anyone has a solution ... Thanks in advance More information is required. Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Operating System? Complete error message in its entirety. "ESP" <ESP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7774258-7C76-4A9E-8EF5-0210FD8CEBEB@microsoft.com... > When I try reply an email to several contacts (the same contact...

Cannot Reply To certain recipients
I am using Outlook 2003. When I click on Reply To for certain recipients, I get an error message from my Norton AntiVirus scanner that the recipient has been rejected. I checked with Norton and they tell me it is an Outlook problem. I have no problem with other recipients, just only two. I checked the outgoing authentification box, but this did not do anything. Is there more to authenticating the outgoing server than just checking the box? Should I be looking at the two recipients computers for a setting? These are all networked within one building, and all run WinXP,SP2,Office/O...

Can't reply to email
I'm using Microsoft Web Access and a VPN. I can read my emails but I can't "reply" or "reply all". If I choose either of these options the original email closes. I'm using Windows XP Professional, VPN and cable modem. Did you check with the sysadmin who runs the Exchange server to see if they're aware of any problems? If this is happening to more than one person, it's the server. Manoj wrote: > I'm using Microsoft Web Access and a VPN. I can read my > emails but I can't "reply" or "reply all". If I choose > e...

Automatically reply only works for internal senders
Help, When I setup out of office in the outlook 2003, only internal senders in the same exchange server receive automatical reply. Please help me how to fix this issue. Michael On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:03:01 -0800, Michael Tang <MichaelTang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Help, > >When I setup out of office in the outlook 2003, only internal senders in the >same exchange server receive automatical reply. > >Please help me how to fix this issue. > >Michael http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821881 "How to Modify Global Settings in Exchange System Ma...

automatic reply #6
If I will be away, how can I have my outlook automatically send a fixed reply to everyone who sends me an email? TIA Phil See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Phil" <flipspam@cospamco.ca> wrote in message = news:6nefm29mas519kdnes1nhpka5m2f81uvh5@4ax.com... > If I will be a...

Email reply format in Outlook 2000
When ever I reply to an email, the left edge is not aligned with the original message. It's farther left than the original message. Even if it's a email with many different users replying. All of their replies are lined up on the left edge. Mine does not line up. For example, My reply xxxxxx Original message xxxxxxxxx Instead of the left edge lining up, it is shifted to the left. Any ideas on why this does not work for me but does work for others? Thanks, Jasper "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eG9hv3FMJHA.3080@TK2...

Out of office Reply #4
Hi, I have a client with Outlook 2003 and 2003 SBS Server. OOO replys etiher do not work or they come through a few hours later. I have checked global settings in system manager to make sure OOO replys are enabaled. Any ideas? Thanks very much. Come through where? The setting you reference applies only to replies going to correspondents outside Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "TimR" <TimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:200976E7-264B-4DC7-8FA8-2CD5F7A30B10@microsoft.com... > Hi...

Reply emails fail with multiple accounts
I am using Outlook 2003 with several different email accounts (work, everyday personal, protected personal, and another being phased out). My primary account seems to work fine. Whenever I try to reply to an email that is not my default primary account the outbound email just sits in the outbox. I don't get any error messages so I'm not sure if the problem is Outlook or the email service. Any ideas how to fix this so I can use multiple email accounts from Outlook? Even if they knew, they shouldn't be telling you...the beta is not public yet. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP ...

Placing reply below original mail text
I subscribe to a number of technical mail lists where top posted replies are taboo. While I can get Outlook to prepend a ">" to the text being replied to, there appears to be no way to automatically place the reply (and signature) below the text being replied to. Anyone know of a way to do this? Trim the message then use autotext to place the sig where you want. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) O...

Replys to me
Whenever someone replies to an e-mail I have sent, their reply comes in the form of an attachment. I can't figure out how to change settings so that it comes through as a normal reply. That is generally caused by the sender/replier, not your settings. Are they using AOL? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.co...

Auto Reply #10
I cannot get auto reply to appear as an option. The help menu says that Microsoft Exchange is required. Auto reply has always been an option w/ my prior versions of Outlook and I never recall having to go through Exchange - which I don't seem to have. Please Help. ...

Reply To Box
Can someone tell me how to stop this? I'm using Outlook in Office 2000 When I send a new email message it uses the default email box. Fine. But when I reply, it uses the first email box in the accounts list, irrespective of which address the original was sent to.. How to I make it reply using the email box it was sent to, other than manually changing every time? Thanks What "box" are you talking about? Mailbox? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be delet...

set up auto-reply in Outlook 2003 for 2nd ES account
At my work PC I have two email addresses, both using Exchange Server, and running Outlook 2003. One is used for general work and the other for sending out e-newsletters. I want to set up an out-of-office message for this second account only - advising the sender that they should be contacting the customer services address - but when I use the out of office assistant, there is no option to select the account and it defaults to my general email account. You need to open the second account in a profile in outlook (or in owa) and set the OOF. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outloo...

out of office reply #14
How do I get my outlook to automatically respond with an "out of the office" email? thanks. The Out of Office Assistant should be available on the Tools menu if you are connected to an Exchange server. If you're not on Exchange, you can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message threa...

Can send new email but cannot reply.
Windows XP Professional SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2 connected to Exchange 2003 SP2 I can send a new email to an address but get the following message when replying. No attachments and it was occuring only occasionally but now on all. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'target email address' on 5/2/2006 1:02 PM 550 not local host aol.com, not a gateway Thanks for any help. Marc Miller Marc Miller <mjmiller@mjmtech.net> wrote: > Windows XP Professional SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2 connected to Exchange > 2003 SP2 > I can send a new email to a...

stop adding a contact when emailing or replying
I am using Office Outlook 2007 and I don't want the person I am emailing to be added in my contacts in my address book. Looking for step by step please. "Marine 1stSgt" <Marine1stSgt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A561EE5-A1E2-4E02-8074-5D77AD4370EA@microsoft.com... > I am using Office Outlook 2007 and I don't want the person I am emailing > to > be added in my contacts in my address book. Looking for step by step > please. > Outlook doesn't do this unless you have a third-party add-in. Maybe you are thinki...

thanks for the reply scott
but, I cannot get any code from the client. I found something that resembels to what we are discussing here: http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#sec-starttags If any one of you have more knowledge about this stuff, please let me know. Thanks ...

How to reply a mail sent to the group with the group mailbox addre
How to reply a mail sent to the group with the group mailbox address? for example, there is a info@example.com and there are two users are members of this mail group, say user1@example.com and user2@example.com. and each user is a active directory user. they will receive mails which are sent to the group mailbox:info@example.com, when they reply, the recipient should see this mail is replied from the info@exapmle.com not the user1@example.com or others. how should i achieve this in exchange server? Allow those recipients Send As permission on the group and make sure they insert the gro...