"Outlook today" format (2002)

Outlook today, shows me the current date, but not the day.  It then proceeds
to show my appointments as days, but not dates. I find it hard to correlate
the two sometimes because of this fact.

Now I know I should know what day it is! But the display isn't as intuitive
as it should be.

Is there any way to change it?