"On Slow Connections Download Only Headers" Doesn't works

Server: Win2003 + Exchange2003 + RAS (VPN Acces)
Client: WinXP SP2 + Outlook2003

Usually when I connect to the LAN status bar shows "Connected". When I use
GPRS or Dial-up + VPN and I have checked in Outlook "On Slow Connections
Download Only Headers" than the connection status been rightly detected slow
connections speed (less than 128Kbs) and shows "Connected (Headers)".

It is one month ago when this function last works. Now I must select
manually "Download Headers".

I don't really know what was happened with this function. I have installed
last service packs for exchange, windows server and also on the client side
(sp2 and Office 2003 sp1).

This problem has a couple of clients which use VPN and Outlook 2003
(notebook users) in our domain.
0
matush (2)

So if you connect to the Exchange server now on a slow conection it just
says "Online" not "Connected (Headers)"? Have you measured the connection
speed? Is is way below 128Kbs?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"matush" <matush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Server: Win2003 + Exchange2003 + RAS (VPN Acces)
> Client: WinXP SP2 + Outlook2003
>
> Usually when I connect to the LAN status bar shows "Connected". When I use
> GPRS or Dial-up + VPN and I have checked in Outlook "On Slow Connections
> Download Only Headers" than the connection status been rightly detected
> slow
> connections speed (less than 128Kbs) and shows "Connected (Headers)".
>
> It is one month ago when this function last works. Now I must select
> manually "Download Headers".
>
> I don't really know what was happened with this function. I have installed
> last service packs for exchange, windows server and also on the client
> side
> (sp2 and Office 2003 sp1).
>
> This problem has a couple of clients which use VPN and Outlook 2003
> (notebook users) in our domain.

0
Roady
2/6/2005 7:37:31 PM
Yes, when I connect to the Exchange via GPRS (112Kbs) and VPN (speed n/a)
than outlook statusbar shows me only "Connected" not "Connected (Headers)" as
I expect.