"Object not found" error and Archive Folders

I am battling hard to find who on this planet knows this one

I have a rogue 'Archive Folder' living next to my Personal Folders tha
I am unable to remove - when I select 'Close "Archive Folders"' th
following error dialog is displayed

"The operation failed. An object could not be found

I've got Outlook 2003 (Office Pro Edition) running on XP Pro - with al
and latest updates. I've verified I can add and remove other datafile
with no issue - this is also my default archive folder.

To explain further, the archive folder in question is the same one a
specified in my default folder settings and is displaying the sam
contents, I can add that same archive as another Outlook data file an
close it. I have other archive folders for other folders and the
behave fine - and when I close them they go away but this one - it'
staying for good - for now anyway until some bright spark can reliev
me of this bizarre bug

I'd also rather not loose my current settings - I've got lots of emai
accounts configured and don't like the idea of re-entering every singl
one nor re-importing all the rules if it can be avoided

Hoping someone has been there first or knows some Outlook-Fu to crac
this one

--
esdanie
esdaniel's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=42

The only way I know to fix this problem of ghost pst files is to create =
a new Outlook profile. It's your choice whether to do that or ignore the =
problem. I'd pick the latter.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"esdaniel" <esdaniel.1n4maa@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> I am battling hard to find who on this planet knows this one:
>=20
> I have a rogue 'Archive Folder' living next to my Personal Folders =
that
> I am unable to remove - when I select 'Close "Archive Folders"' the
> following error dialog is displayed:
>=20
> "The operation failed. An object could not be found"
>=20
> I've got Outlook 2003 (Office Pro Edition) running on XP Pro - with =
all
> and latest updates. I've verified I can add and remove other datafiles
> with no issue - this is also my default archive folder.=20
>=20
> To explain further, the archive folder in question is the same one as
> specified in my default folder settings and is displaying the same
> contents, I can add that same archive as another Outlook data file and
> close it. I have other archive folders for other folders and they
> behave fine - and when I close them they go away but this one - it's
> staying for good - for now anyway until some bright spark can relieve
> me of this bizarre bug.
>=20
> I'd also rather not loose my current settings - I've got lots of email
> accounts configured and don't like the idea of re-entering every =
single
> one nor re-importing all the rules if it can be avoided.
>=20
> Hoping someone has been there first or knows some Outlook-Fu to crack
> this one.
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> esdaniel
> =
> esdaniel's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=3D421

suemvp (4038)
4/7/2005 4:53:45 PM
Hi Sue

fancy me getting lucky enough to get support from you, nice one

Perhaps what would be really cool is if we knew from Msft (because
know you're close to the beast) what the hack is - I checked th
registry and unless I've missed it there is no place there where i
persists this data

So, it would be wonderful to know how to hack the place that does hol
the darn information that makes it think it's there and zap it

What do you think, where is the info persisted and can we hack it o
get someone in-the-know to give us the tip

All the best

PS. AfterMail v3 is out end of this month, you know 'where to look t
find out more' (http://tinyurl.com/4et5r) ;-) 80% saving in emai
storage costs

--
esdanie
esdaniel's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=42

If there were another way, I would have said so.=20

Also note: The newsgroup interface you are using apparently does not =
quote earlier messages in the thread, making your latest message so =
short on detail that you risk not getting the answer you're looking for. =
Please take the time to quote the original message.=20

"esdaniel" <esdaniel.1n4rua@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> Hi Sue,
>=20
> fancy me getting lucky enough to get support from you, nice one!
>=20
> Perhaps what would be really cool is if we knew from Msft (because I
> know you're close to the beast) what the hack is - I checked the
> registry and unless I've missed it there is no place there where it
> persists this data.
>=20
> So, it would be wonderful to know how to hack the place that does hold
> the darn information that makes it think it's there and zap it.
>=20
> What do you think, where is the info persisted and can we hack it or
> get someone in-the-know to give us the tip?
>=20
> All the best,

0
suemvp (4038)
4/7/2005 8:12:24 PM
If you're asking where in the registry the connections to PST files are
stored:
(Win NT) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\<your profile name>
(Win XP) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook

Within the Outlook folder, there are a bunch of folders with long
hexadecimal values for names -- those are the ones you need to look in to
see if you can find the ghost .PST names. Export that key for safety then
delete it. If you delete the keys and that it point to your real .PST file
instead of one of the ghosts, it's not the end of the world -- your data
won't be gone.  The worst you would have to do is merge back the key you
exported or recreate your Outlook profile.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"esdaniel" <esdaniel.1n4rua@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> Hi Sue,
>
> fancy me getting lucky enough to get support from you, nice one!
>
> Perhaps what would be really cool is if we knew from Msft (because I
> know you're close to the beast) what the hack is - I checked the
> registry and unless I've missed it there is no place there where it
> persists this data.
>
> So, it would be wonderful to know how to hack the place that does hold
> the darn information that makes it think it's there and zap it.
>
> What do you think, where is the info persisted and can we hack it or
> get someone in-the-know to give us the tip?
>
> All the best,
>
> Ed
>
> PS. AfterMail v3 is out end of this month, you know 'where to look to
> find out more' (http://tinyurl.com/4et5r) ;-) 80% saving in email
> storage costs.
>

> --
> esdaniel
> esdaniel's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=421

russval1 (2100)
4/7/2005 8:47:28 PM
Ed,

It's been a couple of weeks.  Did you have any luck solving this
problem.  I have the same problem, and it's annoying.

-barry

esdaniel <esdaniel.1n4rua@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote:

>Hi Sue,
>
>fancy me getting lucky enough to get support from you, nice one!
>
>Perhaps what would be really cool is if we knew from Msft (because I
>know you're close to the beast) what the hack is - I checked the
>registry and unless I've missed it there is no place there where it
>persists this data.
>
>So, it would be wonderful to know how to hack the place that does hold
>the darn information that makes it think it's there and zap it.
>
>What do you think, where is the info persisted and can we hack it or
>get someone in-the-know to give us the tip?
>
>All the best,
>
>Ed
>
>PS. AfterMail v3 is out end of this month, you know 'where to look to
>find out more' (http://tinyurl.com/4et5r) ;-) 80% saving in email
>storage costs.

0
bfm1 (4)
4/27/2005 9:19:54 PM
Yep sure did

Check out this way of browsing the list where you'll see my reply t
Russ who shared the tip, be careful though - Outlook gets funny if yo
delete the wrong keys so try and follow the approach I suggested
tedious as it is

http://www.msusenet.com/showthread.php?p=13031977#post1303197

--
esdanie
esdaniel's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=42

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.  I don't know why my usenet provider
didn't get your reply, but now I have it.

Thanks again,

-barry

esdaniel <esdaniel.1o64vz@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote:

>Yep sure did!
>
>Check out this way of browsing the list where you'll see my reply to
>Russ who shared the tip, be careful though - Outlook gets funny if you
>delete the wrong keys so try and follow the approach I suggested,
>tedious as it is!
>
>http://www.msusenet.com/showthread.php?p=13031977#post13031977

0
bfm1 (4)
4/28/2005 2:34:13 AM
My goodness.  It worked like a charm.  Thanks so much.  By the way, in
case others are reading this thread, my problem was not with Archive
Folders but with an extra Personal Folders folder.

Thanks again,

-barry

esdaniel <esdaniel.1o64vz@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote:

>Yep sure did!
>
>Check out this way of browsing the list where you'll see my reply to
>Russ who shared the tip, be careful though - Outlook gets funny if you
>delete the wrong keys so try and follow the approach I suggested,
>tedious as it is!
>
>http://www.msusenet.com/showthread.php?p=13031977#post13031977

0
bfm1 (4)

could not install the custom action. object not found.
I am receiving the above error message when trying to open a new email or a new meeting request. Does anyone know what the issue may be? Thanks! ...

Error: Could not install custom action. Object not found.
What do I need to do getting this error message when trying to create a new email or calendar entry in Outlook 2007? Thanks.... Sonja;114099 Wrote: > What do I need to do getting this error message when trying to create a > new email or calendar entry in Outlook 2007? Did this error just start occurring? If so, what changed on your PC just before the error started. If it has always appeared since installing Outlook, describe exactly how you installed Outlook and how you created your mail profile. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Object Not Found
I am having all types of trouble with my exchange 2003 sp1 on Windows 2000 server. This is a fresh instlal and the only box in active directory. I think it had been installed before I don't know if they didn't remove it properly or what...anyway I have followed KB 822444 about creatinga GUID When clients synchronize with Exchange, they get messages pertaining to Object Not Found, when I review the Sync Issues it shows Offline Address Book problems. I can get more details tomorrow at work So I have deleted the offline address book rebuilt, tried putting int he kb article GU...

What does "object not found" mean for send/receive?
I try to send/receive in outlook and get the following message: "Operation Failed. Object not found". Any help to resolve this issue is appreciated Dear send/receive error message: After searching for replys to our problem, I found the following reply to a message posted on 4/26/06. I tried what it says and it worked! I then hit send/receive and all my messages from comcast server were downloaded into my MS O and I was able to send messages. I hope this will help you too. Read on. Go to this link and you will see the solution. try here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.a...

iribbonui object not found, where can i define this object?
I try to create an access project with my own ribbon , I one to read the ribbon specification from one sql table. when I tried to start the procedure Public gobjRibbon1 As IRibbonUI I see the following error User defined type not defioned where can i define this object? -- Luiso ...

service calendar
I've had a problem the last week or so trying to access the Service Calendar in CRM 3.0 (w/update rollup 2) The error is below. I heard this may be caused by incorrect ASP net version (nope, using 1.1) or a time/timezone foul-up (nope, haven't changed timezone and tried workaround in MS KB 917545) I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated. -Tony --- Error Number: 0x80040217 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 09-12-2007 Time: 14:21:32 Type: Platform Error (3) Server: crm.mydomain.local Request URL: http://crm.mydomain.local/sm/GanttControlFrame.asp...

Outlook Error
Hello: My sister is not able to properly configure Outlook to send or receive email. She uses Earthlink, and they have triple-checked all the settings... they claim that it is an Outlook problem: When trying to send an email message (or pressing the Send/Receive button), we see this message: "Task 'kslskd12@earthlink.net Mail Account - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found." This is a brand new computer (Dell XPS 400) with Windows Media Center operating system and Microsoft Office 2003 Basic Edition. All OS and Of...

Outlook 2003 & "object not found" error with Comcast
I am using Comcast high speed internet, cable modem. I am using Exchange Server 2003 and the full version of Outlook 2003. Recently something changed with Comcast (at least I think it did) and now when I send/receive e-mail, I always get the error saying it failed, 'Object not found, error 0x8004010F. Comcast is of no help in resolving this problem, all they say is they don't support Outlook 2003, only Outlook Express. If anyone knows how to fix the problem or what I can do about it, please let me know. Many thanks. David Livingston dlivings@davidlivingston.com Considering that C...

"Object not found" error and Archive Folders
I am battling hard to find who on this planet knows this one I have a rogue 'Archive Folder' living next to my Personal Folders tha I am unable to remove - when I select 'Close "Archive Folders"' th following error dialog is displayed "The operation failed. An object could not be found I've got Outlook 2003 (Office Pro Edition) running on XP Pro - with al and latest updates. I've verified I can add and remove other datafile with no issue - this is also my default archive folder. To explain further, the archive folder in question is the same one a spe...

send/receive error "object not found"
When send/recieve get error message "object not found" anyone? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049501c3b9e4$0f714770$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When send/recieve get error message "object not found" > anyone? ...

Object not found message during send/recieve
After a successful test message during the setup of my Earthlink email account on Outlook I get an "Object Not Found" message. Later I start getting an object not found error message "0X8004010F" "Bryant" wrote: > After a successful test message during the setup of my Earthlink email > account on Outlook I get an "Object Not Found" message. Later I start > getting an object not found error message "0X8004010F" Bryant, I have the exact same problem trying to set up Outlook using Comcast broadband. Exact same message. Has som...

object not found error #2
After selecting a hyperlink e-mail address, instead of opening Outlook with a blank e-mail message and the address field filled out, I recieve an error "object not found". I am using Outlook 2003 on Winxp. This does work on a different computer with the same O/S and Office version. Thanks in advance L ...

i try to send mail i get error saying object not found
"wepps01" <wepps01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9384AC43-49A5-428E-86DE-7CF8D4E7F75C@microsoft.com... > With absolutely no details provided as to which version of Outlook you are using, what you are trying to send, in which format, its size, what type of mail server, and what actions you committed along with the REAL error message you got, you expect any more detailed help than you provided? You could try searching on whatever was the REAL error message by going to Microsoft's huge support knowledgebase site at http://support.microsoft.com, ...

WinRoute
SiteA - E2K3 and E55 SiteB - E55 Goal - Slowly going to remove SiteA's E55 I had an IMS on SiteA's E55 server; I then added IMC to the E2K3 server. Routing is now compleatly over the E2K3 IMC. I deleted the IMS fromthe E55 server using Exchange Administrator on the E55 server. When I use WinRoute, in the middle window, I still see the E55 IMS, but now it says "Object not found in AD" for columns Connector, Routing Group, and Administrative Group. Any idea why this is and how to clean it up? At this time, I have not changed the E55's, Site Addressing Properties, Rou...

Object not found. Cant open attachment, HELP PLEASE!!
I have 2 users out of 80 that cannot open attachments for some reason. They get a message saying "Object not found". I can open the message easily from my machine, no problems. Has anyone seen this problem before? We are all running XP Professional with Office 2000 SP3 with all updates. the mail format is HTML so I dont think its the Rich-Text issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve Kennemer Dallas TX ...

Object not found when I hit send-receive
I just installed Outlook 2003. My ISP is Comcast and I use Outlook as my primary/default mail program and it worked well before, receiving (emails to both my msn and my Comcast mail accounts) and sending emails. Now, when I hit send/receive, I get a "The operation failed. An object could not be found" message. All other aspects of Outlook appear to be working fine... contacts, calendar, etc. -- Stan Stan <Stan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Outlook 2003. My ISP is Comcast and I use Outlook as > my primary/default mail program and it worked we...

Object not found error
Hi, When I right click on a file and select send to mail recipient an error comes up 'Object not found' I click ok and then nothing happens. If I run fixmapi when I click as above the file gets attached to an email and i can send it. However this only works until I log off and log on again. Outlook 2002, I have full service packed it. Any suggestions? No, have already tried that, and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook. "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@mvps.org> wrote in message news:OIi3QiLUDHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Do you get a similiar erro...

WHEN I TRY TO SEND/RECEIVE IT SAYS "OBJECT NOT FOUND"
i updated outlook yesterday and now everytime i try to send/receive i get an error message that says "An object was not found". What does this mean??? "joan walker" <joan walker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B1C9A3E-6DB3-4F38-B3BA-D59E67A77E84@microsoft.com... > i updated outlook yesterday and now everytime i try to send/receive i get an > error message that says "An object was not found". What does this mean??? What do you mean "updated Outlook"? Did you perform an upgrade, or did you install a service pack or patch?...

what does "object not found" mean (2)
After setting up my outlook to manage my e-mail I ran the test and it said that it had been done successfully. However, my messages are not in the inbox. I still have to use comcast webmail for my e-mail. Then, like another user posted it here yersterday I try to send a message in outlook and get the following message: "Operation Failed. Object not found". Please help. Thanks. ...

Object not found when clicking email address hyperlink
Outlook will not generate a new mail message when I click email address hyperlink. I have looked and looked, and can not find a way to fix this. Anyone have an idea. ...

Object not found error message
When trying to edit a recurring appointment in Outlook 2000 Calendar, user is getting error message "Can't open this item, Object not found. Anyone know of a solution for this issue? Sounds like a corrupt calendar entry. Try deleting the entry & recreating it. We have seen this with our users who have RIM pagers who sync Outlook with the pager & the sync process terminates without completing. If you know which entry it is it should be an easy fix. If not you need to make a backup PST of the calendar, then go through the original calendar & delete entry by entry ...

When I try send emails I receive the error "object not found"
"57chevy pickup" <57chevy pickup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8075FE7F-8BCB-499E-9F3E-2DE7B3136EBC@microsoft.com... > Hi - When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About. Also include the type of mail account(s) you use and any other pertinent details. Be sure to put a consise summary of your question in the subject line, and the full details in the body of your post. ...

When pressing 'send/receive', I am told object not found. Why?
I have configured email account and the test is positive to my blackberry and to my earthlink account. It won't come to outlook though. Why not? Any error messages? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, alextrio asked: | I have configured email account and the test is positive to my | blackberry and to my earthlink account. It won't come to outlook | though. ...

Object not found when accessing shared calendar in OUTLOOK 2007
We are running an exchange server and most users are using OUTLOOK 2003. We installed OUTLOOK 2007 on the admin's PC today. She can access all shared calendars except for one. With this one - which is the most important one for her to share - it just keeps saying 'Object not found'. Any thoughts ? Thanks, Laura What version of Exchange Server? Is this shared calendar a private calendar or a Public Folder? What permissions does she have to it? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm &...