"New Menu"

I am using Office 2003 on a XP Pro machine. I created a "New Menu" beside
"Help" at the top.
Here is how I did it:
Customize, Commands tab, "Rearrange Coomands" button, then across "Menu Bar"
radio button, I chose "New Menu" to create it. So when I follow the same
steps to delete the New Menu, the "Delete" button is grayed out. How do I
get
rid of the "New Menu"?

TIA

Hi,

Try renaming views.dat, extend.dat and the outcmd.dat and see what happens.
Remember to have Outlook closed when u do this .

Hope this helps !!!

With Regards,

Sudharson.AN
"BHAM KAL" <nospam@spamstopper.com> wrote in message
> I am using Office 2003 on a XP Pro machine. I created a "New Menu" beside
> "Help" at the top.
> Here is how I did it:
> Customize, Commands tab, "Rearrange Coomands" button, then across "Menu
Bar"
> radio button, I chose "New Menu" to create it. So when I follow the same
> steps to delete the New Menu, the "Delete" button is grayed out. How do I
> get
> rid of the "New Menu"?
>
> TIA

0
meetsudhar (181)

RE: How do I get my new dialog box to invoke when I press New Menu Item
Hi All, 1. Machine and OS specifications I have Windows XP running Office XP Standard Edition. These software packages are installed on my dell Inspiron laptop. I have 128 MB RAM with a 40 GB HardDrive. 2. Problem In excel, when I pressed the New menu item, a dialog box would appear displaying all of the known templates. Now, only a new worksheet appears. I would like for the dialog to appear again. Can someone tell me how to get the dialog box back displaying all of my templates? d, The default New button has always generated a new workbook, no dialog box. There's ano...

Excel 2000: File >> New menu command causes application crash
This is occurring on only one machine on a network! After saving an emailed Excel template to a standard network location for Microsoft templates, when selecting File >> New this installation of Excel 2000 crashes ("Excel not responding" on Close program dialog). On other machines there is no problem. Have "repaired" Microsoft Office using that option from the installation CD-ROM, have removed Excel from Office installation, rebooted and reinstalled Excel. No change on the problem behaviour. Everything else appears to be working just fine in this copy of Excel. We ...

NEW MENU
Hi, In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from the "most recent" list). How does one do it in Excel 2007? Thanks. "CF" <CF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AF8A7BC-5013-4BEC-B13A-3B7B8F4E4220@microsoft.com... > Hi, > In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for > such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from > the > "most recent" list). > &g...

new menu confusion
Can some one tell me the shortcut key for "Find in message" and where I can find it on the menu? Why in the world would they remove the Edit menu? Every other application made for windows that has copy, cut, past and find has an edit menu. "Bob Bins" <deveng@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uofPKb1sHHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Can some one tell me the shortcut key for "Find in message" and where I > can find it on the menu? > > Why in the world would they remove the Edit menu? Every other application > made for windows that ...

"New Menu"
I am using Office 2003 on a XP Pro machine. I created a "New Menu" beside "Help" at the top. Here is how I did it: Customize, Commands tab, "Rearrange Coomands" button, then across "Menu Bar" radio button, I chose "New Menu" to create it. So when I follow the same steps to delete the New Menu, the "Delete" button is grayed out. How do I get rid of the "New Menu"? TIA Hi, Try renaming views.dat, extend.dat and the outcmd.dat and see what happens. Remember to have Outlook closed when u do this . Hope this helps !!! With...

Problem in adding new menu item to existing menu in GP
I want to add new form in Tools->Setup->Sales->new form. My GP version is 9.0 I had created procedure in which i am using AddCommandToMenu function to add menu. Status = AddCommandToMenu(DYNAMICS, resourceid(form Command_Sales), resourceid(command CL_Sales_Setup of form Command_Sales), Seq, CMD_BUILTINCMD_DICTID, resourceid(form Command_IOP), resourceid(command Cmd_IOP of form Command_IOP), true, MENULOAD_TOTABLE); Is it right way to add new menu item under existing GP menu or any other way to add menu item? I had tried also other way : menu_tag = Command_GetTag(command CL_...

GP 10 add a new menu item problem
Everything is working except my menu item caption is missing. I wonder, what else i am missing while creating menu item. ............................................................................................................................................. CreateCustomizedMenu Script: in integer LoadMode; optional in boolean ShowProgress; local CmdSequence Seq; local integer Status; local boolean AddMenuItems; {Set the flag indicating that menu items should be added} AddMenuItems = true; if LoadMode = MENULOAD_TOTABLE then {Find out whether the menu items exist in the Menu Master tab...

Adding a new menu on the Worksheet menu bar
I tried to adapt J.Walkenbach code to add a menu item on Workbook_open but I get the following error on "HelpIndex = CommandBars(1).Controls ("Help").Index" Run-time Error '91' Object variable or with block variable not set Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim HelpIndex As Integer Dim NewMenu As CommandBarPopup ' Get Index of Help menu HelpIndex = CommandBars(1).Controls("Help").Index ' Create the control Set NewMenu = CommandBars(1) _ .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup, Before:=HelpIndex, Temporary:=True) ' ...

New menu will eventually dissapear in Excel
I have created a new menu which has macros that I can select in Excel. The menu shows up for a couple of days but then dissapears. I logon to a network. Any reasons why this New Menu option would dissapear in Excel after a couple of days. Menu and Toolbar customizations are saved in an Excelx.xlb file(x being version number.) Perhaps your *.xlb file is being over-written with the default. Do you have permission to save that file on your network? Is it being deleted on occasion by your IT people? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:17:48 -0800, "Nash" <Nash@disc...

where could I place description for new menu item
Hi All! I have add new main menu item called "CarSerwis" within sitemap, but I don't know where to put description for it. This description should be visible in Outlook client. For example, I can see entry for sales like DescriptionResourceId="Sales_Description" - but where this description is located?? thx Magda Hi Magda Add a 'title' attribute "magda" wrote: > Hi All! > > I have add new main menu item called "CarSerwis" within sitemap, but I don't > know where to put description for it. This description should be...

Problem in adding new menu item to existing menu in GP #2
I want to add new form in Tools->Setup->Sales->new form. I had created procedure in which i am using AddCommandToMenu function to add menu. Status = AddCommandToMenu(DYNAMICS, resourceid(form Command_Sales), resourceid(command CL_Sales_Setup of form Command_Sales), Seq, CMD_BUILTINCMD_DICTID, resourceid(form Command_IOP), resourceid(command Cmd_IOP of form Command_IOP), true, MENULOAD_TOTABLE); I create new cnk file for this. I open GP it include my code and when i open Tools->Setup->Sales-> then it will show me a separator only. Is it right way to add new menu item under...

No Query-Based Distribution List option on ADUC New menu
I just moved up to Exch 2K3 from Exch 2K. We are running Windows 2000 Native Mode and Exchange 2000 Native mode. When I right click an OU and click new I see "Dynamic Distribution List" where "Query-Based Distribution List" should be. I verified the ADUC build with a version we have on VMWare (test) and they are the same. We have never had Exchange 5.5 in our environment. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. IIRC your GC's have to be Windows 2003 for Query Based DL's to be available "Bill - AC7SR" <Bill - AC7SR@discussions.microsoft.com>...