'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! 2nd Request

I just upgraded my Dell PII 400 from W2000 SP4 to WXP SP1.

I was having a lot of problems with Outlook XP crashing multiple
times while in use, which was 1 reason for the upgrade, as
Outlook is current, with all available updates having been applied.

Under XP, when I start Outlook, 9 out of 10 times I get a message
box entitled:

'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library'

with the text:

'Runtime Error!

Program: C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE

abnormal program termination.'

When I click OK, Outlook closes. The next time, it starts OK, but has to scan
the Personal folder for errors.

Fixes?

Britt Dickson

--
"In an era of relationship marketing, sales excellence is demonstrated by the
number of customers who make a second purchase."

Registry error after reinstall in 2002
I upgraded to a new hard drive and the setup software copied my old C drive to the new one. Outlook would not get new messages and trying to access the email accounts gets a message about the registry. I downloaded and used the Windows install clean utility because I got an error about not finding the patch when I tried to reinstall. Then was able to reinstall Office XP but still cannot access the email account menu selection. I still get the error message, "The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem...." I ran the repair. Still get the message. What's...

Certificate error suddenly showing up.
I have one user that is getting the following error each time he starts up Outlook on his system. Security alert autodiscover.domaain.com Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. However, there is a problem with the site's security certificate. (Check mark) The security certificate is from a trusted certifying authority. (Check Mark) The security certificate date is valid. (Red X) The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site. Do you want to proceed? Yes No View Certificate. The certificate f...

Run-time error 438
I'm trying to find out why this code is not working. With Worksheets("Multi-period Code data").ListBox1 .Clear For FillCount = 1 To Worksheets("ClassCodes").Range("E1") .AddItem Worksheets("ClassCodes").Range("C1").Offset(FillCount, 0) Next FillCount .ListIndex = Worksheets("Multi-period Code data").Range("O1").Value End With Just to clarify, there is a sheet named "Multi-period Code data" and ListBox1 exists on the sheet. The err...

WMS Idle
In recent weeks, when I log out of Windows XP Pro (SP1 with all updates), I sometimes get an End Program error on WMS Idle, with the system saying it can't shut down WMS Idle. Whenever this occurs and I use the Task Manager to check processes that are still running, I find that OUTLOOK.EXE is still running even though I've previously closed Outlook 2002 (SP2 with all updates). There are no other symptoms and the only software updates I've done for many months are just Windows updates and McAfee updates. ...

Real Programmers (TM) use MSFT C# not Linux languages (sez an expert)
Don't take my word for it, see what this nationally syndicated author and computer programming guru says... and note the reader's comment at the very end...about Linux...I think he's talking about Linux. Anyway the takeaway executive summary of this article is simple: C# rulz. RL http://programmingzen.com/2010/06/23/how-microsoft-is-changing-the-programm= ing-world/ How Microsoft is changing the programming world Posted on Jun 23rd, 2010 in .NET, Programming Languages | 47 comments Several years ago I knew a programmer, we=92ll call him Joe, who fancied himsel...

Problem with "Edit in Microsoft Office Project"
We have SharePoint 2007 implemented, and I am using MSO Project 2007. I have a document library in which I store a number of project documents, including the schedule. When I go to this document library and select "Edit in Microsoft Office Project", the file opens, but it always opens in Read Only mode. The only way I can open the file and have it editable is to check it out first, then select "Edit in Microsoft Office Project". And no, the document library is not configured to require check out. Any idea why this is? ...

microsoft outlook #30
Error Message: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. can't get to support indicited on ms site to get patch for this. any ideas. Hi Theresa, these are not enough information to help you, but look at this link, and maybe something helpful is there to solve your problem http://www.google.de/search?q=The+messaging+interface+has+returned+an+&hl=de &ie=UTF-8 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...

Outlook 2003 error when trying to use WordMail
Hi, Outlook 2003 has recently started reporting the following error, when trying to use Word 2003 as the MAil Editor. I have tried all the uslal things including Uninstalling Office, clearing the main registry settings and re installing, but nothing seems to work, does anyone have any idea what is causing this and more importantly how to solve it: "Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as outlook. The outlook email word editor will be used instead. an OLE registration error occured. The program is not correctly installed run Setup program again" Gavin,...

keep getting error message when importing clipart
While in Publisher I am trying to import clipart and keep getting this error message: The appropriate graphic converter is not available. I have reinstaleld my software using the full install setting. I have downloaded all updates and it still won't work. Can somone help me? Clear your cache, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If that doesn't cure your issue, post back. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Karon" <Karon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A2A64FD-B544-4...

Error when I open Outlook 2000
Error when I open Outlook 2000 (Windows 98 SE): OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 0167:3a456262. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=3a456262 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=00000004 SS=016f ESP=0056eba8 EBP=0056ebb8 ECX=0056ebc0 DS=016f ESI=006900d0 FS=4747 EDX=00000005 ES=016f EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: ff 10 85 c0 7c 07 8b c6 5e 5d c2 04 00 33 c0 eb Stack dump: 006900d0 3a456278 0056ebc0 006902f0 0056ebd0 3a45cfd2 00ff0bc0 fff9721b 00584240 00690314 0056ebe4 3a45d100 00ff0bc0 00000000 00584240 0056ebf4 ...

Install error on GPD-only XPS printer driver
I'm trying to create a very basic GPD-only XPS printer driver, but when I try to install it through the Add Printer wizard I get an error 0x00000002. I'm primarily a business application developer, so my knowledge of printer drivers is rather limited, and any help on this will be greatly appreciated. My INF file is: [Version] Signature="$Windows NT$" Provider=%AS% ClassGUID={4D36E979-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} Class=Printer DriverVer=10/17/2008,6.1.6930.0 [Manufacturer] %Microsoft%=Microsoft,NTx86,NTamd64,NTx86.6.0,NTamd64.6.0 [Microsoft.NTx86] &qu...

An error occured and this feature is no longer functioning properly. help!
This is what I get when saving my workbook. also it offers install some soft to repair the "feature". A runtime error happens when installing. I don't understand what feature is it about. Before that I made a copy of this book in csv format (when saving as csv, I also got a message that some features will not be compatible with csv format and I agreed because I guessed it was about a command button in the worksheet). When I opened xls book next time and tried to save it, it gave me the subj message, but saved after all in the end. I wonder if it is likely to cause me problems i...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

Formula to pull last name error (Excel 07)
In A1 I have Joe Smith, I would like Smith to be in B1. I tried using the function =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(“*”,SUBSTITUTE(A1,” “,”*”,LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,” “,””))))) but am getting the #NAME? error. FYI: I can't use the Text to Columns function because I have some names that have at least 2 middle names... Thanks -B Maybe something like that... [Start typing the formula(s) in column C first] http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/346/nonamer.png Micky "Outlook, eh?" wrote: > In A1 I have Joe Smith, I would like Smith to be in B1. > > I t...

How do I delete unwanted pages out of a Microsoft Acess report
I am using Microsoft Access 2003 and I often have the same problem. I am using the report wizard to create a new report and then customising it. I have produced a report but when I print it every second page has no data on it. How do I delete the unwanted pages? I have this problem in Access 2007 as well but I just get an extra page at the end of the report with formatting on it but no data and I need to know how to delete the extra page. thanks Dale wrote: >I am using Microsoft Access 2003 and I often have the same problem. >I am using the report wizard to create a new repo...

send/recieve message:error ox800cccof
in outlook 2002 i keep getting this message send/recieve error ox800cccof and i cannot log on to my incoming server when i try to send an email. ...

Microsoft Outlook #29
This error message appeared does any one know what it means? c:\Documents & Settings \ achavez\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\SBCMSYNC.DLL'is not a valid office add- in. Check out this article: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 257882 >-----Original Message----- >This error message appeared does any one know what it >means? c:\Documents & Settings \ achavez\Application >Data\Microsoft\AddIns\c:\Program Files\Microsoft >Office\Office10\SBCMSYNC.DLL'is not a valid office add- >in. >. > ...

microsoft Excel 2003 always hang
I'm using WinXP Prof (OEM) and Office 2003 (OEM) anyone face the same problem??? It crashed within few minutes of work. Please advise. Thanks. Hi Andy! No need to post to different groups. Reply given in misc Group. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au ...

post sp2 smtp errors on IMF
2003 server sp1 , exchange 2003 sp2 finished cleanly i configured IMF ( once Bharat Suneja showed me where!); i am now getting the following errors; i have searched but found no reference that seams pertinent ( to me ) . Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA. i might add that the IMF 1.0 was NOT previous installed Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7514 Date: 11/15/2005 Time: 6:48:41 PM User: N/A Computer: AZMAIL Description: An error occurred while loading Microsoft Exchange Intelligent Message Filter. The error code is 0x800...

What is a Runtime packed fsg threat?
In C:\System Volume Information\_restore\{...GUID...}RP199\A0030778.exe AVG anti virus claims there is a threat: Runtime packed fsg I looked at the site but it has no info on that threat. I'm suppose to add to exceptions or ignore. I have no idea what to do. Do you have a suggestion? Thanks http://free.avg.com/ww-en/help " Cal Who" <CalWhoQQ@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23yQzRldeKHA.2460@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... : In : C:\System Volume Information\_restore\{...GUID...}RP199\A0030778.exe : : AVG anti virus claims there is a threa...

2004 Office pros+cons of moving Microsoft User Data to 2nd partition? Do any MVPs?
With Office 2004, are there any reasons why one should NOT alias the Microsoft User Data folder, leave the alias in place on the boot partition and move MUD to another partition? Do any of the MVPs do this? Respectfully, Norm Hi Norman, It's people like you who make me stop and think every once in a while about what I am doing. I have a MUD folder at work, another at home. But this is not really the best solution for me. What I should really do is have a single master MUD folder someplace, probably on a network drive that's backed up every day. Then I should sync to local MUD fol...

An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM in 4.0
When one of my users tries to track his emails in CRM Outlook they get the following error message below for a single account contacts. Othe Accounts contacts work fine. Account and contacts Accept Email And Bulk Email. An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM. Mike Had something similar, and best as I could determi...

Help: Visual Basic Setup Problems
I picked up a book to learn Visual basic but cannot install it on my system after I download it from this site: http://www.microsoft.com/express/Windows/. I'm assuming my pc is the problem, but have no idea where to start. It seems to stat installing, but then I get a pop-up that says: "Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition with SP1 - ENU has encountered a problem during setup. Setup did not complete correctly." Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Darren Harris Staten Island, New York. Searcher7 wrote: > I picked up a book to learn Visual basic b...

Microsoft Money
To whom it may concern, and to all those who'll find and read this as it becomes posted at Quicken's website, Newsrooms/Blogs and Communities of Interest across the Internet: The purpose of this correspondence is to convince anyone who reads it to stop using Microsoft Money and find a viable alternative before they suffer a similar experience. I've purchased almost every release of Microsoft Money since it became generally available. My problems began when we converted from MS Money 2003 to 2004. After opening a trouble ticket with MS support, they informed me my backup f...

Moving Microsoft Money 2004 to a new computer
I have MS Money 2004 that came pre-installed on an old computer, and now want to move it to a new computer. I don't have an installation disc since it came preinstalled. How can I move it to my new computer? In microsoft.public.money, JV539 wrote: >I have MS Money 2004 that came pre-installed on an old computer, and now want >to move it to a new computer. I don't have an installation disc since it >came preinstalled. How can I move it to my new computer? You will need to buy a Money version at least as new from the same country, and install that on the new...