"Group By" Box

I have a box appearing at the top of my Inbox in Outlook
2000 called a "Group By" Box.  It says in it "Drag any
column here to group by that column.  The only time I
group items in Outlook is for my Contacts.  Is there a way
I can hide or remove this "Group By" Box from my Inbox?

Thanks in advance,

Michael
0
anonymous (74722)

View | Group By... (if I recall correctly)

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"Michael B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a box appearing at the top of my Inbox in Outlook
> 2000 called a "Group By" Box.  It says in it "Drag any
> column here to group by that column.  The only time I
> group items in Outlook is for my Contacts.  Is there a way
> I can hide or remove this "Group By" Box from my Inbox?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Michael

0
mvp1 (459)
1/8/2004 9:11:57 PM
Didn't work.  There's no such option that I see.

requests for assistance.
>Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.
Mahalo!

>"Michael B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
>> I have a box appearing at the top of my Inbox in Outlook
>> 2000 called a "Group By" Box.  It says in it "Drag any
>> column here to group by that column.  The only time I
>> group items in Outlook is for my Contacts.  Is there a
way
>> I can hide or remove this "Group By" Box from my Inbox?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Michael
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/8/2004 9:37:23 PM
right click on the group by area or on the row of header names and choose
the group by box menu option to toggle it off and on.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Michael B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a box appearing at the top of my Inbox in Outlook
> 2000 called a "Group By" Box.  It says in it "Drag any
> column here to group by that column.  The only time I
> group items in Outlook is for my Contacts.  Is there a way
> I can hide or remove this "Group By" Box from my Inbox?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Michael

0
dianenws (1904)
1/8/2004 10:13:29 PM
Michael B <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a box appearing at the top of my Inbox in Outlook
> 2000 called a "Group By" Box.  It says in it "Drag any
> column here to group by that column.  The only time I
> group items in Outlook is for my Contacts.  Is there a way
> I can hide or remove this "Group By" Box from my Inbox?

In Outlook 2002, that box is on the "Advanced" button bar.  I can
right-click it and pick "delete"
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
1/9/2004 3:31:02 PM
Michael B <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a box appearing at the top of my Inbox in Outlook
> 2000 called a "Group By" Box.  It says in it "Drag any
> column here to group by that column.  The only time I
> group items in Outlook is for my Contacts.  Is there a way
> I can hide or remove this "Group By" Box from my Inbox?

I said that I could right-click that button and pick "delete", but that's
true only when the Tools>Customize" window is open.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
1/9/2004 3:32:26 PM
That did it.  Thanks!

Guide)

http://www.slipstick.com
>Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
>Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:
>http://groups.google.com/groups?
as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30

>"Michael B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
>>I have a box appearing at the top of my Inbox in Outlook
>> 2000 called a "Group By" Box.  It says in it "Drag any
>> column here to group by that column.  The only time I
>> group items in Outlook is for my Contacts.  Is there a
way
>> I can hide or remove this "Group By" Box from my Inbox?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Michael
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Rolling up Gantt bars to "Group by" summaries
Can the Gantt bars for each activity in a "Group by" group be rolled up to the overall Group summary bar? The Group By Summary bars look just like the ones for Summary activities, but bars do not roll up there. Has anyone seen a native or a programmed way to do that roll up? An important view for my project shows the activities to which each of a set of (non-multitasking) resources are assigned. I can show it doing a "Group by" Resource Names and filtering for the resources that I am interested in, and it would be great if I were able to show it as just one r...

Advanced find, sort by/group by multiple fields/attributes
Hi, i'm just getting to grips with Advanced Find and am setting up some searches for our users. I'm not altogether sure about the Group By (And/Or) functionality in Advanced find. Is this purely part of the find query itself, or does it have some bearing on the way in which records are sorted? The reason being that I want to have custom searches that group records by Due Date, THEN by Area/Town, so that all the records due, say, in the next two weeks are also grouped by area (and possibly by another field)... In other words, records with due dates that are close appear at the top of ...

Group by date (month & week) in query
Hello, I have a query with the following data. completion date, part category, avgLT, countOrder Completion date in format of m/dd/yyyy and there are over thousand of records. I would like to format it so that the completion date is grouped by month (add up all the avgLT and countOrder fields in that month and then another by week. Is there a way to do that in query? Thanks Cam, How do you want the week defined? ...Mon-Fri? ...Mon-Sun? ...Sun-Sat? ....week of the year? What do you want in this "Week" column? ...Just a date (if so, date of which day of the week)? ...W...

DISTINCT or GROUP BY?
Using Access 2007. My table is as follows tblIndividual IndID (autonumber, primary key) OLD_FamID (not unique) LastName (not unique) OLD_MembID (unique) I am trying to set up a query to show me the first instance of each OLD_FamID. Data: OLD_FamID LastName OLD_MembID 1 Jones 1 1 Jones 2 1 Jones 3 2 Smith 4 2 Smith 5 3 Rogers 6 3 Rogers 7 Query would show 1 Jones 1 2 Smith 4 3 Rogers 6 How do I do this? I've been playing around a ...

Multi-level GROUP BY
I am new to Access so be gentle. I have a query that pulls from 1 table: Sales by month and sales for the year based on the clients STATUS: When I try to put this into a report I keep geting the following error: "Multi-level GROUP BY clause is not supported in a subquery" The report shows: Referral January Status 1 1 for the month 5 for the year January Status 2 3 for the month 4 for the year.... I would like to just have: January: Status 1 1 for the month 5 for the y...

Group by Received.
I am trying to group my messages by date they were received in Outlook 2002. So I right click on the columns and select Customize Current View, then I click on Group By button and select Received column as my Group By column. Unfortunately, Outlook groups by Received Date & Time, meaning that grouping is completely useless because no 2 emails are received at the same date & time. How can I group just by the date that the message is received, like in Lotus Notes. Essentially I want something like this: Subject From ... ... 4/20/2004 Buy these pills ...

Speed, subselect vs group by
I want to get a list of employees who were all paid on the last payDate in employeeLog before my query date(20100101). I've thought of 2 ways to do it, but I'm not sure which would be faster. I would think the one without the subselect would be faster, but the other way would give me a lot of group by's. select companyId, departmentId,employeeId, employeeFirstName, employeeLastName max(payDate) from employeeLog where payDate< 20100101 and companyId=10 and departmentId=50 group by companyId, departmentId,employeeId, employeeFirstName, employeeLastName vs select ...

Group By Month In A Query
Seems so simple - yet having all kinds of trouble. I have a table with [Date], [Text1] and [Text2]. Raw data looks like this: Date Text1 Text2 1/1/2007 5:34pm aaa 1/5/2007 6:23pm bbb 1 1/15/2007 3:12pm ccc 1 2/10/2007 1:12pm ddd 2/25/2007 3:54pm eee 1 [Text2] may contain null values. I want to group by month and count the records. So: Date Text1 Text2 Jan-2007 3 Feb-2007 2 On Nov 14, 9:48 pm, Junior <gzio.....

Combining TOP with GROUP BY?
I've got a table like this ModelID - int, primary key MakeID - int, foreign key to makes table SalesRank - int higher = better. ..... other fields I want the 4 best selling models (highest sales rank) for each of the 6 best selling makes. The 6 best selling makes rarely change so I could get away with hard coding them rather than calculating each time. Obviously 6 queries would do it select top 4 * from models where makeid =1 order by salesrank desc select top 4 * from models where makeid =2 order by salesrank desc etc Not too bad efficiency wise as the salesrank only upd...

Outlook 2003 Group by Field space
How do I remove the extra line spacing in Outlook 2003 when using the "Group by Field" option? ...

group by column
hi all, I've got a file like this... A Number State 1 02 A 1 02 F 1 02 S 1 04 A 1 04 C ..... .... .... .... I'd like to create a new sheet in the same file with only 1 row for every number The state is decided in this order A R F C S That means that if I've got the same number but different state I should keep the row with the highest order. Any hints?? thanks Rossella This uses Pivot Table. Assume your data looks like this: 02 A 01 F 01 S 01 R 02 C 03 F 01 R 02 A 03 S 03 C Pivot Table > Multiple Cons...

SQL query how to count rows in a group by
I want to count the rows of a query I'm running, but I'm already using the count function with my group by. Here's my query: select email, count(*) from customer group by email having count(email) >1 this just gives me every email and the email count, which is correct, but I just want to know how many rows this gives, not the data passed back I'd like to select count(email, count(*)) from customer group by email having count (email)>1 On Jan 12, 2:40=A0pm, Cindy Lee <danparker...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I want to count the rows of a query I'm ...

How to chart a single column of values similar to a GROUP BY
Hi I would like to create a chart of a column of non numeric values where the column label would be the value and the chart would reflect the number of occurences of the value in the column eg. brown blue blue brown brown this would produce two bars on the chart labled brown and blue with values of 3 and 2 respectively. It is the same as a GROUP BY function in SQL Any help is really appreciated. Thanks Paddy Assuming the list of colours are already entered in Range("A1:A100") then: 1. In cell B1 enter Blue 2. In cell B2 enter Brown 3. If there are more colours then cont...

SQL command to GROUP BY buckets...
Hi all,I have a table of data and want to SUM() a column of values but basedon the values in another column:Val1 Val21 22 34 56 7Can I Sum Val1 based on grouping Val2 into buckets of <> 4 so theresult is:Expr001310SELECT Sum(Val1)FROM mytableGROUP BY Val2HAVING what goes here..?Thanks,Lyndon. In news:1175100376.723044.301750@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com,Lyndon <[email snipped]> wrote:P.S. I strongly suggest that you obfuscate your e-mail address when posting to newsgroup. Spammers and viruses routinely scan the newsgroups for e-mail addresse...

Multi-level GROUP BY clause not allowed in a subquery
I have a table (tblRecapB) with 40 fields. A Query qryRecap of this table uses a variation of the following subquery to rank [MPP] into [MRank], [SPP] into [SRank] and [TPP] into [TRank]. xPP stands for place points (something like a score). MRank: 1+(SELECT Count(*) FROM tblRecapB AS M WHERE M.[Fee Id]=tblRecapB.[Fee ID] and M.[AGSortKey]=tblRecapB.[AGSortKey] And M.MPP < tblRecapB.MPP) This works great as long as I just run the query standalone. The problem is that when I use qryRecap as the record source for the final report I get the following error: “Multi-level GROUP BY c...

select queries that calculate the Median base on group by
I have 2 questions. 1)Is it possible to create additional aggregate functions in MS Access 2007? If yes than this leads to: 2) I would like my select quries to calculate the Median and mode (along with the mean) of each group by row. I can export the entire table to Excel and do it this way but it would be easier to have Access handle it so i can just export the summary table. Well you can calculate the Mode directly by a query, see this example: SELECT TOP 1 Table1.Data FROM Table1 GROUP BY Table1.Data ORDER BY Count(Table1.Data) DESC; This query grabs the first value, w...

Group By Flag Status and then Received date
I want to group first by flag status and then by Received date, but have the same collapsable headers available in the Received that you get if you group first by Received date. It looks like it may not be possible, but thought I would post to see. Thanks! Following is the example. So: Group: Flag Color Unflagged (Then emails by date with this flag color grouped as the following) Date: Today Date: Yesterday Etc. Instead of Group: Flag Color Unflagged (Where the groups by date are specific including the time). Date: 6/9/2006 4:18 PM Date: 6/9/2006 4:12 PM ...

RMS Purchase Order group by
Hello, Is there a solution to group information on standard ReceiptTemplate's purchase order?! (maybe some kind of "for each" solution like SQL's "group by" method on Active Reports) We have 200 matrix items and 50.000 standard items with subdescriptions 1,2,3 (variant, size, color) that are linked to matrix items. Items in different variants and sizes can have different price (but in same colors have same price) On standard purchase order we have: code: Quantity: Price: 00011-112-321 1 7,5$ 00011-112-232 ...

Group By or MAX Question
I have a root ID field. I have a close date field. There can be more than one record with the same root ID. I need to pull only one of them with the latest close date. Thank you. Many possible solutions, the easiest one is probably to do it in two queries: SELECT id, max(closeDate) AS mdate FROM tableNameHere GROUP BY id saved as q1. Then: SELECT a.* FROM tableNameHere AS a INNER JOIN q1 ON a.id=b.id AND a.closeDate = q1.mdate Other solutions at http://www.mvps.org/access/queries/qry0020.htm Vanderghast, Access MVP "Toria" <Toria@disc...

Help
I'm using XSLT and .NET Framework 1.1 to try to transform XML to group by multiple values, and I'm not succeeding. I have source XML that looks like the following: <Data> <Flavor> <Name>Vanilla</Name> <StartDate>20070704</StartDate> <EndDate>20071231</EndDate> </Flavor> <Flavor> <Name>Chocolate</Name> <StartDate>20070704</StartDate> <EndDate>20071131</EndDate> </Flavor> <Flavor> <Name>Strawberry</Name> <StartDate>20070804</StartDate>...

Can't group by account name in Portfolio Manager (Money 2007)
all of a sudden in the last 2 days i can no longer set the view to group by account in portfolio manager. It lets me select but it instantly removes any accounts in there. I can group by Investment type, Risk, Currency, all the other options and values show up. Once I select Account Name though everything goes away and i'm left with nothing but the headers It also doesnt matter which selected view i'm in (Custom, Standard, Performance, Asset allocation. Just can't view by account name) Any ideas or help? Aaron In microsoft.public.money, aronnov@gmail.com wrote: >all of ...

catalog merge group by field
I'm trying to do a catalog merge with multiple records grouped by a field. i.e. result would be Rubber Wedge WED15 $35 WED18 $38 PVC Wedge WEDP15 $22 WEDP18 $23 WEDP21 $24 Where the two recorde for rubber wedge are grouped by description field and the three records for PVC wedge are grouped by field. I cannot find instructions to do this in publisher help and there is no apparent button in the catalog merge area. Kevin wrote: > I cannot find instructions to do this in publisher help and there is no > apparent button in the catalog merge area. That would be because there is...

Column aliases use literal not alias in Group By
This query creates two columns with aliases and a literal as the value. It works fine in Access but falls over when using a table linked to SQL Server because the generated SQL uses the literal as the column name not the alias (see below). I have tried using column number (ie group by 1,3) but this doesn't make any difference. Also tried editing the SQL to use the aliases but it won't run at all then. Same symptoms under ANSI 89 and 92. ******************************** SELECT "040 - ServiceContracts" AS Status, Count(dbo_viewServiceContractFull.ClientCode) AS [Numb...

Group by truncating field
I have a simple query SELECT [Tbl Contacts].First, [Tbl Contacts].Last, [Tbl Contacts].Notes FROM [Tbl Contacts] GROUP BY [Tbl Contacts].First, [Tbl Contacts].Last, [Tbl Contacts].Notes; However, it is truncating the content of my memo field Notes. How can I return the complete field value? Thanks, QB In the Total row under your memo field in query design, use First instead of Group By. Explanation: Truncation of Memo fields at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-63.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.ht...

Selecting records using GROUP BY
I’m trying to use Access 2003 to run reports from a SQL Server 2005 back end and I have a problem: I have a table, dbo_ApplApplicantEmployers Users can input multiple employers for each applicant, each employer going into its own record. From there the employer will be designated as “Full Time” or “Part Time” and “Current” or “Previous”. My problem is that, for this particular report, I need to be able to pull just one employer per applicant. Easy enough up to this point… But I want to be able to specify the “best” employer from the available options… in other words the one that is Ful...