'From' field shows current profile

Hi,

I want to create post items programatically, I have used extended Mapi to
modify the sender name, sender email and date properties. but still when I
double click on the FORM field, its displaying me my name and email instead
of showing the Sender name and Sender Email

any help on this ?

thanks
Riyaz

0
riyaz (1)

riyaz <riyaz@riyaz.com> wrote:

> I want to create post items programatically, I have used extended
> Mapi to modify the sender name, sender email and date properties. but
> still when I double click on the FORM field, its displaying me my
> name and email instead of showing the Sender name and Sender Email

The From field will reflect the account through which the message was sent,
I believe.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Exporting Date Modified Field
I'm trying to export Outlook 2003 Contacts to a .csv file. I want to include the MODIFIED field, which is a data field automatically stamped by Outlook. (It shows up on the FREQUENTLY USED FIELDS tab when displaying ALL FIELDS on a contact.) It doesn't come up as one of the mapped field choices when the wizard asks you to map fields to export. Anyone know how to export this field? If not, anyone know how to filter an export to include only those contacts whose MODIFIED field falls within a certain date range? TIA, Kathy Right now you can use our preview edition of ContactGen...

Why does message show date/time in Sent box when draft (not sent)
Hi would be grateful if anybody can shed any light on the following problem. I sent an e-mail with a draft e-mail as an attachment. The draft e-mail has not been sent yet and is saved in Drafts in Outlook. Yet the recipient of the message says that the draft e-mail has got a date and time in the Sent box. Upon checking in Sent Items the message has not got a date and time in the Sent box but when you print the message off a date and time does appear in the Sent box does anybody know the reason for this? ...

Can I Edit the From Field?
I now receive my voice mail in the forum of email messages with attached wav files. The "from" field is the generic address of the voice mail system. I would like to be able to edit the from field and change it to the name of the person who left the voice mail, so that I can find it later if I need to. If the answer is not possible, I'd like to hear suggestions about the best way to handle this. I know there are other ways I could handle this such as assigning the email to a contact, The issue though is that I would like whatever method I use to work whether I keep the...

screen is showing slides in backward order .. . help!
Hello I have a pptx presentation with six slides. For some reason, everything is defualting the the right (the bullets come out to the right of the words, the slides print as handouts in backwards order, the outline pane is on the right hand side of the slide pane). THis is only happening for this presentation. Others I create are the typical way PP usually works. PLEASE HELP! I wish I could upload it here but am unable to do so. See your other post -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_t...

Clip art browser shows generic thumbnail instead of thumbnail of i
My clip art viewer bar has trouble displaying preview images (thumbnails). I usually get an icon for a windows media file. I'm sure it's something to do with file associations, but I'm not sure how to fix it so I can see thumbnails of the actual images instead of an icon. Can someone help me? Steve in Orem <Steve in Orem@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > My clip art viewer bar has trouble displaying preview images > (thumbnails). I usually get an icon for a windows media file. I'm > sure it's something to do with file associat...

Return comination of Current record and next record fields
I have a table: Run_point_List_ID 1 (Autonumber) Run_point_Venue_A Run_point_Venue_B Run_point_Venue_C Run_point_Venue_D How can I get the query to return the first two fields from the 1st record and the second two fields from the 2nd record, and so on... like the example below? From Record 1 From Record 1 From Record 2 From Record 2 From Record 2 From Record 2 From Record 3 From Record 3 From Record 3 From Record 3 From Record 4 From Record 4 From Record 4 From Record 4 From Record 5 From Record 5 From Record 5 From Record 5 From Record 6 From Record 6 ...

Unstarted Tasks report showing completed tasks
I have tasks that started and finished in the past. In addition, I have manually marked them as completed. Why are they still showing up in my Unstarted Tasks report? The unstarted tasks report just uses the unstarted tasks filter to find tasks where Actual Start = NA. Check the filter (Project, Filtered For, More Filters etc). Check the Actual Start field in the Tracking Table. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PROJECT PLANNING www.perfectproject.com.au "mrobles" <mrobles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E9D4C4F-B764-47DC-B...

Show email in date groups
In Office 2007 I am able to group my email by date with date headers. Now I have Windows Live Mail. How do I arrange by date, show in groups. The free WLM lacks some of the features of the retail Outlook program. You can sort by date, but no grouping. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Janet" <Janet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F2A4895-7052-40DE-A414-28D8C102CFD1@microsoft.com... > In Office 2007 I am able to group my email by date with date headers. Now > I > have Windows Live...

save a document where fields be used but not altered
I have careated a documents that need to be saved but not as read only. The feilds are needed, such as a form. How can I save this material so the format remains but text box alterations and movement areno longer on the page. There isn't a surefire way of locking the form, but you might want to try this as a workaround. Once the form is complete, group all elements together. Then reduce the viewing size down so the entire pasteboard area is visible on your monitor. Draw a single line from the top of the pasteboard area to the bottom and then a second line from side to side. Move t...

Determine currently selected control
Hi, Is there a way to determine the name of the currently selected control? Thanks! Gaetan, Check out ActiveControl Property in Help. The name of the current control that has the focus would be... = Screen.ActiveControl.Name -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." "Gaetan" <Gaetan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:182E34C6-4BC4-4948-9684-2921D3F3839A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is t...

How To Pre-Define Username Settings For Outlook 2003 Client In Roaming Profiles
I have a generic default user profile that is setup for our organization and lives in the netlogon share. Whenever I make changes to the roaming profiles I delete the users profiles and they get a new copy of the default user profile to call their own when they next log on. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to have Outlook 2003 auto-setup for the users. In Outlook 2000 I could simply setup the profile up without a username and then make that profile available to them. When they logged in and acquired a copy of the profile, the missing username field in Outlook, auto-populated with...

fax recipients not showing up
Since I moved to 2003 exchange, not all of my recipients with fax numbers show up in the address book when I am sending a message as fax recipients. SOme do but it is very spuratic. Any ideas? What do you mean you "moved to 2003 exchange" and how did you migrate? A fax recipient will only appear in the address book if their fax address is valid, resolved, and resides in the same folder you are showing in the address book view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Rich Hall" <rhall@spectrumcontract.com> wrote in message news:OgA3m41XHHA.4520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl....

How to show a disabled vertical scroll bar for CListView?
Hi there, I've created a View base on CListView, with "LVS_REPORT" report style. The view's required to show a disabled vertical scroll bar for the list view when the view does not contain enough items to scroll, just like we specify LBS_DISABLENOSCROLL style to a "CListBox" list box. I tried to put this line in CMyListView::OnInitialUpdate()... ModifyStyle(0, WS_VSCROLL ,0); But it's of no use. Any ideas? Thanks. Gordon Gordon Hsu wrote: >Hi there, > >I've created a View base on CListView, with "LVS_REPORT" report style. > &g...

Backing up one folder shows space required for whole volume
Hi, We have fileserver cluster of windows server 2008 with sp2. We have installed DPM 2010 agents on both fileserver and DPM detected them as cluster nodes. We tried to set one test job to backup one folder of 5gb from clustered volume. At "Review disk allocation" we got "Total data size: 4,604 GB" which is the size of the whole volume and so we are getting below error in same wizard step. "There is insufficient free space in the storage pool for this protection group." We have 1.9TB space available to SAN connected to DPM server. Do we n...

Address State Field
I have a client that has a need to make the address state field a drop down so that they can run reports off of it. Is there any way to do this? The only way I thought of was by creating a new field with a drop down. Any ideas would be appreciated..... Thanks! -- Tara Sifuentes, CCDA, CCNA Hi, We always create a new drop down field for Stateorprovince and we write a script in "onchange" on the properties --> Event of this new field. The code update the original field and you don't need to change all of your reports. the only thing is you need to keep the original f...

Appointments Not Showing In Outlook 2003
Several users are sharing their calendars using Microsoft Exchange. Most have Outlook 2002. One user, using Outlook 2003 is unable to view certain appointments from her computer in the same time period. If she tries to put an appointment in that space, the new appointment will show "conflicts with another appointment on calendar" mesage. All other users are able to see what shows in that particular appointment time but she is unable to using her computer and Outlook 2003 Any ideas would be very much appreciated Thank Lyn If she uses the option to update Free/Busy, does the info...

MS Word 2002
I have MS office 2002 programs on my laptop (Windows Vista) and for some reason, whenever I go to click something on the menu bar - for instance File, Edit, or View - the drop-down won't show up. All I get is a vague outline of the right-hand side of the drop down. Same with text color, font style, etc. I can still use it, sort of; if I know that the Save As option is n number of spaces down when I click File, I can use the down-arrow key to move that many spaces. The thing is, I don't have all that memorized, and I really want to fix this. It's on all the Windows p...

Looking for a way how to get currently selected item from List control
Hi, guys. There is a task. I have a window that is something like CListCtrl (but different framework, not MFC). I know only the HWND for that window. Inside are items. In fact it looks like usual ListCtrl but with some options like background and small buttons in the bottom to add/delete items. So I'm looking for a way how to find out which item is currently selected. I mean i need coordinates of that item. Is it possible to do using some WinAPI functions or so? Thank you. -- ---- German Koninin --------------------------------------- For every complex problem, there's solution t...

Item Description field in Requisition Management
I would like the Item Description field added to the Requisition Management module for the business portal. I asked for a customization and was told by Microsoft Support that it was not possible. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.co...

Problem with calculated fields with data from subform
Hi, We have an application where one of the forms has several calculated fields. Some of the data comes from subforms, some use data in other calculated fields. The subforms are linked to the main form on the invoice number. This has worked for years, moving from Access 95 through 98 to 2000, but one client bought new computers running Win XP Home Edition and with Office XP, and now the calculated fields show up blank.. It appears to be an Access 2003 problem, because it works fine on Access 2000 machines running Win 98, 2000 and XP. I am wondering if it is a timing problem, since some calc...

The user ID associated with the current record is not valid
Hi: I just install CRM 4.0 in new server running Server 2003 and SQL2005. After restore <organization>_MSCRM and MSCRM_CONFIG databases from old server I received this error: The user ID associated with the current record is not valid Any help to resolved this issue will be appreciated, -- Jose Valentin Rodriguez MCP-GP MCBMSS-GP You probably need to recreate the Special CRM groups in the SQL servers security to map to the restored database security. Look at the security on the database an make sure thoese groups exist in the global security of the SQL server. -- Gary Herbstman...

How can the current week be the default starting week in Month View?
Using OL2003... I manually shade the next four weeks (including the current week) in order to display a relevant month view. I check email, return to the calendar view, and the month view has reverted back to a month view where the current month's first week is the initial week displayed. How can one cause the month view to default to the current week and the next X weeks afterward? I do not have a need for historical weeks to be presented in a month view. Thanks, --Howie ...

"Exchange is currently in recovery mode." message from OL2003
I con't find any information on the error from Outlook 2003 in the kb articles or premiere support... three options connect, work offline, or cancel... OL2003 won't go into cached mode... thanx! Did you recently restore the Exchange DB? Generally what you need to do here is create a new Outlook profile and remove the old .ost files. "Steve Anderson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1dc901c49a61$353bc030$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I con't find any information on the error from Outlook > 2003 in the kb articles or premiere support......

CRM+GP HOW TO LOCK A FIELD
is there a way to lock a field so a salesman cant edit and overide a parts discription Brent In Great Plains, a customisation like this can be easily achieved with a variety of tools. You can use Modifier, VBA, Dexterity or each the Field Level Security module. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "A...

suggest name field greyed out
When I go to tools - options - email options - advanced, the box to suggest a name in the to, cc or bcc field is grayed out. When composing email, no matter how many times I send something to the same person, I always have to type it in, or choose it from the contact list. How do I get it to "angry"? thx Post your Outlook version and installation path. Tell us whether the feature ever worked in your installation. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Zeke" <karen.toombs@verizon.net> wrote in message news:emJOtWd4DHA.1428@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When I go to too...