[FIXED] For those with error : "Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again Later."

Hello,

We are in the process of migrating from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007,
and one user had this error with OL2007.
It appeared that there was a disabled item when running Outlook 2003
(Help, About, Disabled items).
Re-enabling it allowed me to open the OOO assistant (from OL2003).

And then, when I started OL2007, it was OK, I could access it !

HPH.

Luuke
0
luuke57 (11)

Which disabled item was it? Can you be more specific please?

"Luuke" <luuke57@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We are in the process of migrating from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007,
> and one user had this error with OL2007.
> It appeared that there was a disabled item when running Outlook 2003
> (Help, About, Disabled items).
> Re-enabling it allowed me to open the OOO assistant (from OL2003).
>
> And then, when I started OL2007, it was OK, I could access it !
>
> HPH.
>
> Luuke

0
korland (145)
6/15/2009 1:13:39 PM
On Jun 15, 3:13=A0pm, "K. Orland" <korl...@nospamrogers.com> wrote:
> Which disabled item was it? Can you be more specific please?
>
> "Luuke" <luuk...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,
>
> > We are in the process of migrating from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007,
> > and one user had this error with OL2007.
> > It appeared that there was a disabled item when running Outlook 2003
> > (Help, About, Disabled items).
> > Re-enabling it allowed me to open the OOO assistant (from OL2003).
>
> > And then, when I started OL2007, it was OK, I could access it !
>
> > HPH.
>
> > Luuke- Hide quoted text -

outex.dll

Luuke
0
luuke57 (11)
6/15/2009 1:56:34 PM
See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;823472

I'm not sure why they say to edit the registry instead of re-enabling it in
Outlook - the effect should be the same and doing it through outlook is
easier.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"K. Orland" <korland@nospamrogers.com> wrote in message
> Which disabled item was it? Can you be more specific please?
>

> "Luuke" <luuke57@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> We are in the process of migrating from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007,
>> and one user had this error with OL2007.
>> It appeared that there was a disabled item when running Outlook 2003
>> (Help, About, Disabled items).
>> Re-enabling it allowed me to open the OOO assistant (from OL2003).
>>
>> And then, when I started OL2007, it was OK, I could access it !
>>
>> HPH.
>>
>> Luuke

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Hello, We are in the process of migrating from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007, and one user had this error with OL2007. It appeared that there was a disabled item when running Outlook 2003 (Help, About, Disabled items). Re-enabling it allowed me to open the OOO assistant (from OL2003). And then, when I started OL2007, it was OK, I could access it ! HPH. Luuke Which disabled item was it? Can you be more specific please? "Luuke" <luuke57@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c6e7756f-618d-48a3-8101-0d2edd9c0ef2@r33g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > We are in the p...