'Find' doesn't find anything

I'm using Outlook with my office's exchange server. I've been a happy user
of the 'search folder' feature (mainly the 'for follow-up' search folder),
but this suddenly seized to work.

After some experimenting I discovered that the underlying problem is the
failure of 'Find' to find anything. Any search I perform simply doesn't find
anything.

I'm using Outlook on a remote desktop infrastructure, just like all my
colleagues. I asked a few of them if they had any problems with this, and
they apparently hadn't.

Since I'm sharing this remote desktop with a few 1000 colleagues, it can't
be my PC and the remote infrastructure. I assume it must be a setting of
Outlook I advertently made, but I have not the faintest idea what it may be.
Our helpdesk doesn't have a clue either (at least, they are sitting on this
for a couple of weeks now without response).

Forex (1)

Advanced Find in Outlook 2007
I'm not sure if/when Advanced Find has EVER worked as it should in Outlook 2007. Once again, just now, I tried Advanced Find on my Inbox, looking for messages "From" an address I pulled from my Contacts/Address book (and that I use frequently). I can already SEE, in the Inbox, one message from this person/address, but the search reported no messages found. Can I *possibly* be doing someting wrong ? (Maybe there is a checkbox in some remote dialog box that days "Actually perform searches using Advanced Find".) Am I really to believe that I am unique ...

How to Find actual db size
I recently adjusted the registry key to allow Exchange 2003 Standard to grow to 75gigs. The db is quickly approaching this limit also and I would like to monitor the size of the db that event id 1216 measures. I have made some room on the exchange server by implementing archiving but my ntbackups still show the same size. How can I get/monitor the actual db size (the one used by event id 1216)? I want to avoid my IS from shutting down. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Marlon Check Event ID 1221, this will tell you how much 'whitespace' is in your d...

the shell can't find it when i double-click one file
hi all, I need that my application can automatically open some registerd type of file when i double-click this type of file in windows explorer. In a simple MDI-style application, only the following things need to be done when the app object initializes: EnableShellOpen(); RegisterShellFileTypes(FALSE); It seems everything is ok. But my actual application is much more complicated than this sample. When i do like that, one message box, which shoule be from the windows explorer, always appears and say that windows connot find this file.Later, i found one CWinThread thread, different wi...

Visio will not print
MS Visio Will not print anything. The laser jet printer "fires up" but then just shuts down. No paper fed, nothing. Other applications such as MS Word, and MS Excel, Internet Explorer - they all print, but MS Visio does not. Thank anyway! I discovered the problem? The page setup printer page was set to A4, but neither the printer nor Viso gave an error. ...

searching and finding records from separate tables
Hello I have 1 form that there are some text boxes (parameters) and a button search and its code is like below, for finding records in tbldocuments( [DocumentNo] is the primary key). Now I want to add another table, that there is not any relation between this and tbldocuments. Just some fields between tables are same and another fiels are different. Now I need the code for searching 2 tables. And in the output records just there are same fields from both tables. For example: tblDocuments (table1) contains. DocumentNo Title Originator Document Type Table 2 contains: ...

CD & Dvd can not find thehardware
This is a friends computer, her cd & DVD does not show under device manager. Lite on ltn4865 adn samsung cdrw/dvd sm-352-f. The drivers install alright, but says can not find the hardware device. I have uninstalled them, unplugged them to check the cable, but everytime I go into device manager their is an exclamnation mark beside it. Also happens when I put a 2 gig usb sansdisk. Drivers seem to be installed ok, but won't work nor recognized? thanks Bruce http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests fo...

Can't find table in Smartlist Builder
We have several companies (25+) and they cannot have duplicate segment3's in the GL account codes except for a couple of Admin divisions. When there are duplicates, they must have the same segment description, otherwise the dollars are duplicated in XL Reporter. I want to build a Smartlist report for multiple companies on this table (SY40200) but I can't find it in Smartlist under System, Company or Financial. Any ideas how I can do this? By the time I figure it out I could have written a SQL query but other users need to view this once in a while in GP. Barbola, The table ...

How to find which phone is selected from Phone Selectors in Contact's form?
Hi, Is there any way to find which phone is selected in first "phone" texbox in ContactItem's form? I saw that this textbox is bind to "Phone 1 Selected" property, but i cannot find such property in OMM or CDO? Thanks ...

Microsoft Office Access an't find the object '[.'
Hi there I was working on my database and I now get this error message when I try to open my database. Microsoft Office Access an't find the object '[.' If '[.' is a new macro or macro group, make sure you have saved it and that you have typed its name correctly. I'm not sure how to fix this issue. Thank you in advance for your help. Do you have a form that opens when your Access application opens? If so, check all of its event properties. If you don’t find anything in its properties, check all of the control properties on the form. Can you o...

Find and History on form
Hey, I am trying to do a form that has several buttons on it. next, previous, print, find, spelling and history. I've done most of them with macros, but I don't know what to do to make the Find and History buttons. Can someone help me? ...

Find the last number in a row
Hi, I have lots of rows of data which are either a value between 50 and 200 (e.g 115) or "0". Each column is a specific week of the year, ie from 1/1998 to 52/2009, so the values run from left to right giving a number for each week, and when there is not an entry for that week, there is a "0". I need a formula to find the last number entry of each row. I could obviously do this by scrolling to the last week (52/2009) an looking back until I see the first number which isn't 0, however I need to do this for around 1600 rows of data. I would greatly...

How to find the duplicate text from a column or from a row?
In a helper column =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1,"Dup","") and copy down -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Yohan" <Yohan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B15F8C10-69FB-4221-BED8-A8C983271D5C@microsoft.com... > ...

Find missing sequential numbers
Hello, I'm looking for a way to quickly find what numbers are missing in column B. I can sort them ascending, but how do I find if there are missing numbers? 1 2 3 5 6 7 9 I need to know 4 and 8 are missing. Thank you. One way: select B2:Bx. Choose Format/Conditional Formatting... CF1: Formula is =(B2-B1)>1 Format1: <pattern>/<some color> or, without sorting, select column B (with B1 active): CF1: Formula is =AND(B1>MIN(B:B),COUNTIF(B:B,B1-1)=0) Both CF's will activate if there are missing numbers before them. In article <28706E9E-2624...

Can find POP3 server but not SMTP? #2
Hi all I am having a problem connecting to an SMTP server with Outlook 2000 in Windows XP, it says that the SMTP server is not found and gives me a dialogue box to try and reenter it. The POP3 server is the same as the SMTP server (different ports), and it finds the POP3 server no problem and downloads mail, but when it goes to send mails, it tells me that it can't find the server (even though it just found it). Also I have tried pinging the server, and no problem there. I checked the ports - 25 for SMTP, 110 for POP3. I also verified the following settings were correct by comparing wi...

How do I find the last number in a column?
If somebody could help me with this I would be very happy, I can't figure it out: In a sheet I have a column of figures to which new figures are added regularly. At the side of the column I'd like to have a cell containing the last number in the column so I can see that in one go without having to scroll to the end of the column. I tried all sorts of stuff but cannot get it to work, all help would be highly appreciated! Thanks Dries If your numbers are in column A, then put this formula in B1 (or somewhere not in the same column): =3DLOOKUP(10^10,A:A) Hope this helps. Pete On...

Can't find Outlook
I installed Outlook 2002 from a disk supplied with my Motorola Q. It appears to have installed ok but it doesn't appear in the Start/Programs list and it isn't on the desktop. I'm pretty sure it installed because when I go to the add/remove programs it appears on the list. Where can I look? Thanks, Bill ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Have you done Search yet and checked u...

Find an item on Stock Count Entry.
It seems there should be a way (perhaps an alternate Smartlist window) to find an item on the Stock Count Schedule and Entry screens. Is there already a solution for this, or is custom code required at this time? Rich, Are you asking that you would want to have a report/list of items that are saved in Stock Count Schedule? If this is what you're looking for, You can very much do it in Smartlist Buiolder by joining Tables Stock Count and Stock Count Line. Stock Count Line table will have all the data related to Items saved in Stock Count Schedule. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-G...

SMTP Address changes, how to find cause.
First, I'm not an Exchange person, but I support exchange. We have an OU structure that supports over 10,000 users for our email and each location manages thier own users. I have one facility that has 300 users. But every so often, about 4 or 5 weeks, they will complain that some of thier users are having thier SMTP Address changed. There is a RUS policy for each facility. RUS walks down and by ext. attrib. it applies the SMTP address. What seems to be happening is some accounts are being stripped what they previously had and are then left with the default SMTP/policy. If R...

application.run cant find open file
This is quite a strange one... I have created a macro that runs on book1 and half way through executes a procedure on book2, when that has finished it returns to book1, does a loop and starts the process again to go back to book2 then to sheet1 etc till the proccess has finished. Book1 is used to control the process and there are several different versions of Book2 which have identical code but different data. when designing the macro everything worked and it has been working fine for over a week. all of a sudden one of the versions of book2 stoped working but the others are fine. The follo...

Find any cell with a specific format
I'm looking for a formula I can use to determine whether a cell contains variable data, but of a certain criteria. For example, I am looking to determine if column A has an Arizona license plate or any other plate. Arizona's plates are ABC1234 format. I tried to use an if statement =IF(A2<>???####,"Out of State","Arizona Plate") but it returns as an error. I put quotes around the ???#### and it looks for that specific format. I also tried FIND and SEARCH to no avail. Further clarification: I want to return all these plates as "Arizona ...

Why can't I find a table in the lookup wizard?
Using Access 2007, I need to create a lookup field for an existing table, but it is not listed when creating it. Jenni, I can't tell by your posting, are you trying to create a circular reference? Look-up field using the same table you are creating the field in? Well, I'm going to say it makes sense that it would not be in the list but let me know if that's what you meant. On another note... Look-up fields = Bad idea and here's why... http://www.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been deni...

Find "#N/A" and clear
Hi, I'd like a macro to look into range "A1:A100" and if it finds "#N/A", to clear the content. but because the content in my range "A1:A100" is updated through the =vlookup, the macro can't seem to find that the cell is "#N/A". What should I do? Thanks! Val Try this: Dim cell as variant sub FindItNow() for each cell in range("A1:A100") if not cell.value then cell.value="" else end if next end if end sub Try it on a copy first before you try anything on the real thing, just in case! Mark E. Philpot >-----Orig...

problem finding named sheet
I have created a sheet using VBA. When I try to select the sheet, it doesn't work, but if I try to name anew sheet with same name, an error occurs. This code was originally used to create sheet (Dept is a string) 'create new dept sheet Set NewSheet = Worksheets.Add NewSheet.Name = Dept This code is trying to test for presence of sheet, but testpagevalue does not pick up value in the existing sheet, so gives error? Private Function SheetExists(sname) As Boolean ' True if sheet exists in the active workbook and create if not present Dim testPag...

"FIND" bar is broken / missing
In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it made no difference. Any ideas? I used to use this feature a lot, so this is pretty frustrating. I would appreciate anything you can tell me. Thank you. RecoverfileinRecycleBinwhileinDOS@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar > appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it > made no difference. Any id...

FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES xxxaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
You're in Serious Trouble - It's a Proven Fact! FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES THERE ARE THINGS ON YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOU THOUGHT YOU DELETED. !!!!BUT THEY ARE STILL THERE!!! Click here for details on the EVIDENCE ELIMINATOR Clear your computer of incriminating files that you cannot delete. www.removefiles.com THIS IS A MUST READ!!!! www.removefiles.com ew5r4325435435435435 43 543 5 435 435 43 5 435 435435 4360i0iretret=reyt-=erfgytkretretretretretretretretredfgfdgfdgfd ...