"Find a contact box" problem

Hi. I�m having problems with the �Find a contact� box on the Standard
toolbar. Previously, I would type in a name and the search would pull
up name/s from the Outlook Contacts folder first then, if the name is
not in the Contacts folder, it would pull up name/s from the Global
Address List if any. Now, when I type in a name, the search only pulls
up name/s from the Global Address List. The search does not include the
Contacts folder although there are entries in the Contacts folder. The
problem started after I transferred a couple of Contacts subfolders to
another pst file. How do I fix the problem?

Henry
Outlook 2003

--
hencab

help, find a contact box generates error and program has to close
In my outlook everything works fine, but when i go to the find a contact box to quickly get a contact I get a generated error box and have to close up, also, outlook takes forever to open while my hard drive grinds away when I initially try to open???? AARGHHH, any ideas anyone. I'm having the same problem... the CPU usae goes to 100% and everything locks... did you ever find a fix?-- Tim W. >-----Original Message----- >In my outlook everything works fine, but when i go to the find a contact box >to quickly get a contact I get a generated error box and have to close up, &g...

delete names in find a contact box
In Outlook 2003, I typed a name in the find a contact box. Now whenever I click on the drop down box, that name still shows. How do I get rid of that name that I previously typed? -- Chris Chris, you wrote on Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:00:01 -0700: > In Outlook 2003, I typed a name in the find a contact box. Now whenever I > click on the drop down box, that name still shows. How do I get rid of that > name that I previously typed? Close Outlook, open the Windows registry and delete the value "QuickFindMRU" in the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlo...

"Find a contact box" problem
Hi. I�m having problems with the �Find a contact� box on the Standard toolbar. Previously, I would type in a name and the search would pull up name/s from the Outlook Contacts folder first then, if the name is not in the Contacts folder, it would pull up name/s from the Global Address List if any. Now, when I type in a name, the search only pulls up name/s from the Global Address List. The search does not include the Contacts folder although there are entries in the Contacts folder. The problem started after I transferred a couple of Contacts subfolders to another pst file. How do I fix the p...

Outlook 2002 Find a contact box problem after pst file replacement
Dear Friends, Outlook XP(2002) and Windows Xp I have a problem where my Find a Contact search box, situated in the Standard Menu tool bar no longer works. This has happened after a fresh install of outlook and then adding another pst file [ all my old info ]. When moving the default location for email to receive email to my old pst file and then deleting the original pst file the search box fails to work anymore! I can only search for something using the FIND button which is situated next to the Send/Recieve button Anybody got any ideas? Many Thanks Chris ...