"File As" remains blank

In Contacts, Outlook 2003 treats "File As" as if it is blank, no matter
what.

This happened after sync'ing with a Pocket PC 2003, using ActiveSync
3.7.1

If I create a new .pst, I am OK till the next sync.  After that any new
contact is broken.

What can I do?????

Remove Prompt to Open File as Read-Only (Excel 2007)
I have an Excel file that was created using Excel 2003. The person who created the file set protection so that every time the file is opened, a window appears with the following message: "'filename' should be opened as read-only unless you need to save changes to it. Open as read-only?" I am using Excel 2007 and want to remove this prompt, but when I go to the Help function for instructions on how to do it, it provides names of menu/ribbon options that don't exist (see below): 1. On the Review tab, click Protect Document. 2. Select Restrict Formatti...

Advice: XML file as database or table
Hello, If I choose to use a database then I need to use multiple tables. With a XML file I can select "my objects" as once. I think that there will be around 10.000 records (objects). I want to select my objects on different (selection criteria) ways (on attributes). And I want to add, update and delete my objects. Can somebody tell me if it is a good idea to use a XML file as database or table? Can I read parts of a XML file (for paging purpose)? Or do I need to select everything at once? Thanks! ...

Can't open documents via file association
Hi Group, I'm having a problem with Excel as part of Office 97. We're running: Windows 98SE Office 97 Here's the deal. If I open a document by double-clicking the document file Excel opens and declares that the path is invalid. It is showing the correct path in the warning box. If I open Excel first and choose FILE OPEN, then the file will open as normal. I've tried uninstalling including manual deletion of all files/registry references, running the MS Office removal tool, repair install of Windows & SFC. I'm not sure where else to go with it. If anyone can she...

Insert File As Text Using Automation
Anyone know how to insert a file as text in Outlook 03 using Automation? I have my Outlook object and all, and I just need to know the methods for inserting a file as text in the body of the document (same as File | Insert | As Text), not as an attachment. Thanks! You would need to read the file as a text string and insert it into the item's Body or HMTLBody. That's what that command does for you. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovakte...

save .snp file as system date and time
Hi, I'm trying to save a .SNP file in a specific directory and with the current time and date. The file is saved in the specified directory, but he's always saved as today.snp here is the code: Dim stDocName As String Dim today today = Now stDocName = "suporte_encomenda" DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, stDocName, "Snapshot Format", "l:\docs\today.snp" could anyone help me, please??? -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano First off, you didn't define a d...

how can I save a multiple page file as multiple JPEG's?
I created a 26 page doc in Pub2003, and want to save each page as a separate JPEG to upload to a site to create a photo book- They do not work with PDF's. How can I save each page separately? I know I can save the entire thing as a JPEG, and but I don't know how to save a page alone. Each page is many-layered and I can't seem to group all the multiple objects... how can you group a large number of objects on a page? I think if I could do that I could right-click and 'save as'. Thanks! -Joanna ...

How to Change the file associated with IE's Windows Media Player Add-on
Hello, My home computer is not playing streaming videos that are embedded in websites correctly, while my office computer can. Both machines use Internet Explorer as the web browser. I compare their settings under IE's "Manage Add-ons" and find one difference between them. At home, the file associated with Windows Media Player under the IE Manage Add-on dialog box is msdxm.ocx. At work, the file is wmpdxm.dll. I want to change the home computer IE Manage Add-on setting to be the same as that for office computer. How can I change the setting to point to th...

Save file as text from cell
I have a company name in one cell, when I click save I would like the company name pasted in the name box. Thanks This is just an example. This little macro will SaveAs to the contents of A1. Put c:\whatever.xls in cell A1 and run the macro. Sub savetocell() Dim s As String s = Cells(1, 1) ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ s, FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _ , CreateBackup:=False End Sub -- Gary''s Student "jweasl" wrote: > I have a company name in one cell...

can i delete an email and skip the delete file as a single step
Can I delete an email finally without sending it first to the delete file. Can I save a step? Use SHIFT+DELETE. This works on files within Windows as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Hugh" <Hugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5940453A-705B-4A85-9766-B05B55EF1FD8@microsoft.com... > Can I delete an email finally without sending it f...

save to same file as opened
Using Excel97. when my user opens a file, makes changes and then clicks the save icon, it used to save the changes to the file that was originally opened, now it brings up a save as dialog box, adds a 1,2,3.... to the filename and saves it in the default folder instead of where it came from. How do I put it back to the way it was -- dmtech 1,2,3? Sounds like the file was saved as a template. Are you sure the file name is XLS and not XLT? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "dmtech" <dmtech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3869892F-B18A...

send to -> email file as pdf attachment
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel In office 2007, there is a send to -&gt; email file as PDF attachment when working on e.g. a spreadsheet, word document etc. In Word for Mac 2008 the only option that exists is a send to -&gt; email as attachment. Are there any add ons or 3rd party products that will embed into the office engine to replicate this functionality? thanks Hi Maglite, There are a couple options: #1, 2008 only: The Standard version has this as a Sample Automator Workflow under the Script menu in Word--send PDF in Entourage. For H...

.lnk File Association Fix
All icons on the desktop changed to adobe icons and I do not know how to fix it. I have windows 7. I have searched google but I am not sure of the the correct solution. Most stuff I see was posted 2 to 3 years ago. Can someone point me in the right direction? Deb Deb, Try system restore to a date previous to this issue. Carlos "Deb" wrote: > All icons on the desktop changed to adobe icons and I do not know how to fix > it. I have windows 7. I have searched google but I am not sure of the the > correct solution. Most stuff I see was posted 2 to 3 yea...

Insert file as a hyperlink
In Outlook 2002 and 2003, Outlook replaces the feature "Insert shortcut" as "Insert as a hyperlink" which I believe it is a good move. My question is, why Outlook still restricts this feature to be available only in Rich Text Format? Any way to allow both Plain Text and HTML Text? Please also cc to my email. Thx. ...

File Reservation in Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It used to be that when a document was opened by another user on the file server, you could open the document as read only. Excel now seems to think any of these files that are already opened are now corrupt. <br><br>In our network environment, users are on Intel Macs, running 10.5.8 and MS Office 12.2.3. Everyone has access to a file server running Mac OS Server 10.5.8 via AFP and the shared volumes are on an XSAN. <br><br>The issue is that when a user opens an &quot;.xlsx&quot; fil...

Sending Excel file as attachment to Lotus Notes mail
I want to program in VBA at the press of a button to send the Excel range selected as a workbook attachment to Lotus Notes users. Thanks Simon Dear Simon Please find below a code snippet which may help you. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, it is not possible to select a range and send it as an attachment as if you were printing it off. You will first need to copy and pase it onto a new workbook and save it. The code below incorporates this. I am also assuming that you are able to send attachments using the "Send To---As Attachment" function withing Excel, as this is wha...

Hello, I need solution, please, for following: I want to load excel file, but to fix the whole excel file as an excel file template. (The excel file is created by someone, but I want that the excel will be converted with all the cells format etc. as I have declared the template). How can I do that? Thanks :) Hi, isn't it possible with SAVE as exel template xlt or xltx "Mr. X." schreef in bericht news:jg8cr3$k2j$1@dont-email.me... Hello, I need solution, please, for following: I want to load excel file, but to fix the whole excel file as an excel file template. (The ex...

File Association problem in Win7
Folks, In Windows 7 (on a 64-bit Acer laptop), when I try to associate a file with a program, I click Start, "Default Programs", "Associate a file type with a program", then choose the file type from a long list of possible types. The snag is that the types that I want to associate with my favorite editor are not in the list - surprisingly, as they are ".c", ".h", and less surprisingly, a file type that is created by a program I wrote, ".Prs" Can anybody suggest how I can make the associations? Do I have to edit the registry? ...

What is advantage of using a resouce file as opposed to a string variable?
I've read Karl's article about using a .res file and LoadResData to store and transfer data, but why is this better than just using a string variable? I need to pump a load of data into a user-defined array (88 piano keys!) once only at startup and in the past I have handled that kind of task by sticking the data into a string, then using, say, Split to extract it. I then set the string to "" to recover memory. This is a lot less faffing about than using the resource editor and I can quickly change values in the string on the fly to test. So what's the adv...

File Association???
Blank I had a file in Print Shop but has since been seized by a PDF association......another words--- how can I change a PDF file to its previous association?? Any suggestions are appreciated..............Thanxxx...................Rudy Start Explorer Choose Tools Folder Options File Types Tab Find the .PDF extension Click Change Find the program that you want to open the .PDF file and Click Open Ok Apply wait a couple of seconds and it should be set. "Rudy" <rucan70@comcast.net> wrote in message news:hp08ba$71i$1@news.eternal-september.org... &...

importing .csv file as text with line breaks preserved
This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 2440 and 3156) --------------enig586B1CBB78607B22F70A4995 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm trying to import a .csv file where some fields are numbers with leading zeros, and others have embedded line breaks. If I name the file with the .csv extension, the line breaks within fields are preserved, but the leading zeros are missing because every field is interpreted as General instead of Text. If I name the file with the .txt extension, I can manually change fields to Text as appropriate, but I can...

The File As field is empty, do you want to save this file. Outlo.
I created a contact folder with my own field names. After entering the data I want when I move to the next row of data I get this error message, "The File As field is empty. You may have not entered a name or company. Do you want to save this contact with an empty File As field?" How do I correct this error? Thanks -- Terry It's a warning, not an error. Sounds like you need to set up your data entry view so you can enter the Full Name or Company, which Outlook will automatically use to generate a File As name. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Out...

How to use XML file as data set ?
I have a simple VB.NET Express 2008 application that works. It uses an Access 2007 database to store its data. Data is available on a form using a DataGridView with BindingSource and BindingNavigator. Access 2007 is a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a peanut, and gives me portability issues. There's only a single table and 100 records. I'd really like to use an XML data file for simplicity. I have the data in an XML file, and I have the associated schema file. How do I define a data source? XML doesn't seem to be an option. I can't see how to hook it into my p...

Save Excel File As XML
I'd like to "save as" from Excel to XML format. Works fine but there so much gibberish that gets exported when I try to use in Dreamweaver (Spry component), it only spits out gibberish. Anyone know how to work around this? Or to get Excel to spit out cleaner XML without any handcoding? Thnx, On 1/29/09 4:23 PM, in article C5A78889.9AD5%ronald.m.mochinski@nasa.gov, "Ron Mochinski" <ronald.m.mochinski@nasa.gov> wrote: > I'd like to "save as" from Excel to XML format. Works fine but there so much > gibberish that gets exported when I try to use...

Cannot open PDF file that is attached to digitally signed xls file as an object
Hello, I have some payment approval request xls file. In this document, there is a PDF file attached as object (invoice). As long as this document is not digitally signed, I can open the attached PDF file by clicking on its icon or first page preview. However, when first person sign this document, I am no longer able to open it I can only see the icon (or preview). I don't understand why. I just want to read what is in this PDF document, not change its content so it should not have any influence to digital signature. I tried the same in DOC - I attached PDF file as object to wor...

File associations for PP Viewer 2007
I helped a friend setup her new Windows 7 HP desktop unit. It came with the 60 day trial suite of MS Office 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 Viewer preinstalled. I uninstalled the trialware package and it left the PP Viewer as an orphan. Is there any way to re-register all of the applicable file types other than using the "Open with" routine? Here's what I've tried so far: 1. Ran the /regserver parameter 2. Uninstalled then reinstalled the PP Viewer 3. Reinstalled the File Compatibility fix No joy for any of the above. The only files it will open at present ar...