"Display Map of Address" not working...

Hi - noticed this on two machines, one XP and the other WIN2K, both running
Outlook 2003. When I click on "Display Map of Address" for a contact, a
browser window opens, but it cannot connect to the web site it uses, which i
believe is expedia maps; so the page is just empty. I've used this feature a
lot in the past without problems, and have never had mappoint installed on
either machine. I also found this problem when trying two separate browsers
as the default. Given that i'm seeing the issue on two separate machines,
thinking it's some sort of more global issue?

thanks for any insight...

See if anything here helps:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/displaymap.htm

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head-scratching, outlook_user asked this group:

| Hi - noticed this on two machines, one XP and the other WIN2K, both
| running Outlook 2003. When I click on "Display Map of Address" for a
| contact, a browser window opens, but it cannot connect to the web
| site it uses, which i believe is expedia maps; so the page is just
| empty. I've used this feature a lot in the past without problems, and
| have never had mappoint installed on either machine. I also found
| this problem when trying two separate browsers as the default. Given
| that i'm seeing the issue on two separate machines, thinking it's
| some sort of more global issue?
|
| thanks for any insight...

0
MillyS (3228)
3/13/2005 1:40:36 AM
nope - doesn't help for outlook 2003 - just makes it crash like the page
says. not sure why this problem would appear on two machines, esp. after it
worked fine on both as well...

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> See if anything here helps:
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/displaymap.htm
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head-scratching, outlook_user asked this group:
>
> | Hi - noticed this on two machines, one XP and the other WIN2K, both
> | running Outlook 2003. When I click on "Display Map of Address" for a
> | contact, a browser window opens, but it cannot connect to the web
> | site it uses, which i believe is expedia maps; so the page is just
> | empty. I've used this feature a lot in the past without problems, and
> | have never had mappoint installed on either machine. I also found
> | this problem when trying two separate browsers as the default. Given
> | that i'm seeing the issue on two separate machines, thinking it's
> | some sort of more global issue?
> |
> | thanks for any insight...

I suspect there is something screwy with the web service, but I'm not sure
what yet. I get the same error on a fresh install, so it's probably nothing
on the computer side.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"outlook_user" <outlookuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> nope - doesn't help for outlook 2003 - just makes it crash like the page
> says. not sure why this problem would appear on two machines, esp. after
> it
> worked fine on both as well...
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> See if anything here helps:
>> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/displaymap.htm
>>
>> --
>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
>> the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
>> account will be deleted without reading.
>>

>> After furious head-scratching, outlook_user asked this group:
>>
>> | Hi - noticed this on two machines, one XP and the other WIN2K, both
>> | running Outlook 2003. When I click on "Display Map of Address" for a
>> | contact, a browser window opens, but it cannot connect to the web
>> | site it uses, which i believe is expedia maps; so the page is just
>> | empty. I've used this feature a lot in the past without problems, and
>> | have never had mappoint installed on either machine. I also found
>> | this problem when trying two separate browsers as the default. Given
>> | that i'm seeing the issue on two separate machines, thinking it's
>> | some sort of more global issue?
>> |
>> | thanks for any insight...

0
msnews1660 (730)

Display Map of Address not redirecting to Expedia.com
I have two systems here that are both using Office 2000, one on SP3 and the other SP4. I have two XP systems, using Office XP that this Display Map of Address function does work for. Anyone have any suggestions? thanks! www.poremsky.com/displaymap.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups...

"Display Map of Address" not working...
Hi - noticed this on two machines, one XP and the other WIN2K, both running Outlook 2003. When I click on "Display Map of Address" for a contact, a browser window opens, but it cannot connect to the web site it uses, which i believe is expedia maps; so the page is just empty. I've used this feature a lot in the past without problems, and have never had mappoint installed on either machine. I also found this problem when trying two separate browsers as the default. Given that i'm seeing the issue on two separate machines, thinking it's some sort of more global issue...

Display Map of Address
When I click on Display Map icon in contacts I get the Microsoft map to select a city. I've seen computers set up to automatically map the street address without going thru the extra steps on the map site. How do I modify the map link to access street level on first pass? ...