"Customize Outlook Today" button does not work.

My "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work or do
anything.  I am using Outlook 2000.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,
-Ricardo

See the foolowing KB article;
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"Ricardo" <Ricardo993@comcast.net> wrote in message
> My "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work or do
> anything.  I am using Outlook 2000.  Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks,
> -Ricardo

0
Roady
5/22/2004 2:41:31 PM
Thanks!

0
anonymous (74722)

unable to Customize Outlook Today #3
In my organization, we are using Exchange Server with Outlook 2000 on the workstations. On some of the workstations, when you click on the Customize Outlook Today button, nothing happens. I've thoroughly gone through the configuration and can't figure out why it doesn't work on some. Barry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In my organization, we are using Exchange Server with > Outlook 2000 on the workstations. On some of the > workstations, when you click on the Customize Outlook > Today button, nothing happens. I've thoroughly gone &g...

Customize outlook today doesn't work #3
When I click on the customize outlook today button nothing happens. This is annoyance because I want to change the 2 colum view, the theme, ect. If you can help please let me know. Thanks. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 To change your Outlook Today setting by editing the registry, see: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows...

Customize Outlook Today #7
After I upgraded to Win XP Pro, my "Customize Outlook Today" button does nothing when pressed? I'm using Outlook 2000 with all the lastest updates. Thanks for any help. ...

Customize Outlook Today link does not work
When I click on the 'customize outlook today' link ... nothing happens ... why and how do I fix it Outlook 2000 with SP3 There was a security patch that disabled the ability to customize Outlook Today. If you are comfortable working in the Registry (dangerous if you don't know what you are doing), then go to the Microsoft.com website and check the Knowledgebase for a manual work around. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on the 'customize outlook today' link ... >nothing happens ... why and how do I fix it Outlook 2000 >with SP3 >. > OL...

The "Customize Outlook Today" button doesn't work
When I click the Customize Outlook Today button, nothing happens. It used to work until I upgraded to Windows XP. Also doesn't work in Windows 2000. Thanks in advance. Kathleen Try this link. I had the same problem and it worked for me. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 Mike Mason "Kathleen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04c501c3a6a6$bc2502f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I click the Customize Outlook Today button, nothing > happens. It used to work until I upgraded to Windows > XP. Also doesn't work in Windows 2000....

Can't customize outlook today. #2
I went to the knowledge base and tried the steps outlined in article #820575 (You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer). It didn't work (I tried it twice). Any suggestions? I am using Outlook 2000 on a machine running XP. I made sure that I have all of the current Outlook updates. ...

Customize Outlook Today doesnt work
When I attempt to click on Customize Outlook Today, the link doesnt work at all. I have deleted the outlwvw.dll files and restarted Outlook and didnt rectify the problem. Anyone seen this issue before? Cheers OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching googl...

Customize Outlook Today...
After updating 3 users to Windows XP Service Pack 2, their "Customise Outlook Today" button no longer works. I have ran through the KB article 820575 and it did not make any difference Any ideas You can edit the registry to make changes to Outlook Today. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutio...

Still cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489
OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;820575 Yesterday I was referred to this solution site. I followed all instructions but the issue was not solved-I still cannot Customize Outlook Today ...

can't customize outlook today #3
when i click on the customize outlook today button, nothing happen. am i missing something? i'd love to hear from you if you have any ideas about what's happening. thanks! ...

Customize Outlook Today doesn't work #5
When using Outlook 2000, clicking on Customize Outlook Today doesn't work. I can click the button, but it doesn't take me anywhere. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:dfca01c3efdc$4ee01de0$a501280a@phx.gbl, Jac...

Can't customize Outlook Today #4
When I click on the "Customize Outlook Today . . ." button nothing happens. I believe there is a conflict between Outlook 2000 and an IE 6.0 security setting but I cannot remember how to fix it. Can anyone help? OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Kevin <keydaheaven@bellsouth.net> asked:...

"Customize Outlook Today" Button Won't Work
When I click on the "Customize Outlook Today" button in Outlook Today, nothing happens. The web-button depresses and releases, but Outlook won't go into the customize view. I'm using Outlook 2000 SP 3 on a Windows 2000 platform. My Internet software is IE 6.0. The computer's hard drive was recently formatted and all programs reinstalled by our computer repair folks. It was at that time I couldn't customize Outlook Today. I've been hollering for help from them ever since I got the computer back, but they're not responding to this issue. In artic...

Not able to customize Outlook Today
For some reason I am not able to customize the Outlook Today view. Nothing happens when I click the "Customixe Outlook Today" button. Any suggestions? Also is there a customized or enhanced version of Outlook Notes that enables them to likn to the desktop until deleted? I have Outlook 2000 with all of the download packets installed. Did you even TRY to search the archives for this error?? OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Stapl...

The "Customize Outlook Today" Butten dos not work.
Outlook 2000 SP-3 When you are in the "Outlook Today" Page and you press on "Customize Outlook Today" Nothing happens and though you can't get in for customization. Dos anyone have some insite. I would be happy to make these custimizations in the registy or a file, If some one could give me a list of instuctions. Also, Dos this have anything to do with the fact that my task are not automatily be marked as Unread. (See Subject: why are new Tasks not being marked UNREAD in install and config) OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Criti...

How do I customize OutLook ToDay Page
Greetings;-) I would like to know how-to do a customize page with my Inbox and Outbox indicator link, Calendar Information, and To Do list with my background and link to MyMSN. Any Help is greatly appreciated. ...

Can't Customize Outlook Today.
When I click on the "Customize Outlook Today" button, nothing happens. It started doing it on my old machine running Windows 98, now it is doing it on the new system using XP home edition. It is Outlook 2000 version 9.0.0.2711. I have looked through the newsgroups and on the Microsoft site and the only reference to this problem was after someone installed MSNBC instant updates but that has never been installed on these machines that I know of. Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 might be helpful. "Larry" <law.larry@verizon....

Customize Outlook today #15
Hey everyone, I have a user who tried to customize her outlook appearance and when she clicked on the "Customize Outlook Today" button, there was nothing happening. We have tried to reinstall outlook and it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Any ideas? Help is greatly appreciated. ...

customize outlook today not working
I have updated my windows and office software with all of the latest updates and now my customize outlook today button does not work. When I click on the customize outlook today button it pushes in but never goes anywhere. Is there an update to take care of this or am I missing something? Had the same problem - check out this link - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;820575 >-----Original Message----- >I have updated my windows and office software with all of >the latest updates and now my customize outlook today >button does not work. When I click o...

Customize Outlook Today #40
When clicking the "Customize Outlook Today" button nothing happens.. Any suggestions? KG <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When clicking the "Customize Outlook Today" button > nothing happens.. Any suggestions? Yes, Google for one of the 100,000 prior answers to this question that have already been posted. -- Brian Tillman ...

Can't Customize Outlook Today #6
I can'r customize the outlook today skin. Tried the fix associated with IE Update 813489 but that didn't work. Suggestions would be appreciated. I see the Customise button but it doesn't seem to be working. Thanks ...

Cannot customize Outlook today #2
I have outlook 2000 on some XP pro machines and when they click on customize outlook today nothing happens ...

Customize Outlook Today #6
Since applying critical updates for Windows 2000 and Office 2000 my Customize Outlook Today will not work. The button will highlight, but nothing will happen. So far our IT Administrators have recommended to uninstall and reinstall. I have tried this, but even without the new updates the option is no longer available. Any suggestions/advice? Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 "Ken Myers" <ken.myers@med.va.gov> wrote in message news:0ae901c355d9$b2ca6a60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Since applying critical updates for Windows 2000 an...

Customize Outlook today.. when you click nothing happens.,.
I checked the knowledge base but found nothing... When I clcik on Customize Outlook today it does NOT work.. Anybody outhere has a quick solution.. :) Tahnks! A Card wrote: > I checked the knowledge base but found nothing... > When I clcik on Customize Outlook today it does NOT work.. > Anybody outhere has a quick solution.. :) Tahnks! Outlook 2000? try here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820575 A Card wrote: > I checked the knowledge base but found nothing... > When I clcik on Customize Outlook today it does NOT work.. > Anybody outhere has a quick solution.. ...

customize outlook today #9
The "Customize Outlook Today" button does not open anything when you click on it. It used to work and now it doesn't. I was thinking that maybe a "MS Automatic Update" installed something that disabled that option. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! ...