"Changed by" Column is empty

Outlook 2003/Exchange 2000

Hi,

in my mailbox, the "Changed by" column remains empty throughout all folders.
When I change to my Team Mailbox, the "Changed by" column has the desired
information.
Even when I move a mail from the Team Mailbox to my mailbox, the "Changed
by" column remains empty.

Is this a bug or I am doing something wrong.

Thank you very much.

Christoph

0
spam3264 (4)

Dep. mailboxes, search folders and "changed by" attribute
Our scenario: I have set up department mailboxes that ppl in that department open in addition to their own mailbox. Those mailboxes receive quite a large amount of mails every day, up to 1500 mails a day. And 6-8 persons open and read those mails. I want to be able to track who has read (I.E. changed) each mail. Also I want to be able to create several "search folders" on the dep. mailboxes to have different views on the mails. I have done some experimenting and I have found out that I can use the "Changed by" attribute when grouping mails. And use flags to indicate tha...

Excel 97 autosum changed by Excel 2002
I created a spreadsheet in Excel 97 which included, amoungst other formulae, several Autosum functions. When I opened this file in Excel 2002 the Autosum function decided to add several cells to the ones it was supposed to add. Opening the spreadsheet in Excel 97, no problem, the AutoSum only added the correct cells. I got around it by replacing the AutoSum with a formula, but would dearly like to find out what caused the error, as I have a large number of Excel 97 files that include AutoSum functions and will need to be opened in Excel 2002. many thanks Unclear what you mean. Auto...

Outlook 2000: Changed by information
We are implementing a SPAM folder in which customers will drag their SPAM message and drop into this Public Folder. Once the SPAM message is dropped we want two emails generated one to a help desk (which we have working) and another to whomever dropped the message. We have found the Changed By field which provides information on who dropped the message, is there anyway to use the Changed By field to address a return email to let the customer know we received the SPAM message that was dropped? Thanks ...

Access "Write Conflict" Error -- record changed by another user
A table with 2 fields in which the data are correlated (but not coupled) are populated by ComboBoxes with sources from a separate table with the correlated information in the same records. Specifically, Company Name and Stock symbol. The form used to enter and edit information in the master table allows the selection of unrelated Company Name and Stock Symbol. Using a RecordSet, ToDo Loop, and an UPDATE query, I have "sort of" accomplished the job. Changing the selection of the Company Name generates the above error message. Clicking the "Drop Changes" button pr...

How do I restore a Outlook note that was changed by mistake ?
Somehow I typed over a note with some important info and closed it i.e. making the new changes active. How can I restore the previous note or undo changes ? The undo function is not possible from the menu. My Outlook is still open from this session. I don't think you can revert to the previous version "EJMS101" <EJMS101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AFB4495-A567-4BD7-9FE4-3E80715D5E95@microsoft.com... > Somehow I typed over a note with some important info and closed it i.e. > making the new changes active. How can I restore the previous n...

supress record has been changed by another user warning
On a form, I have a combobox that allows the user to select a "pre-set" set of options for a report (the predetermined options have titles like: Draft, Working Copy, Preliminary Issue, Final...) But the user also needs to have the option of modifying the report details, or creating an new set of them. To facilitate this, I have on the main form a command button that opens a pop-up / modal form which displays the the details of the selected preset, and also offers the same list of "pre-set" (so the user can change thei selection at this time). It also allows ...

"The item could not be saved because it has been changed by anothe
Hi, I am new to this. I have a questions. When I am drafting an email in Outlook a yes/no box comes up and it says: "The item could not be saved because it has been changed by another user or in another window. do you want to make a copy in the default folder for the item?". I can not re generate this message. It pops up every now and then. Sometimes I start to write an email and lock the screen and when unlocking the screen it is there. Sometimes it shows up when I am writing an email. It is strange since there is no other user then me on the computer. The computer is conn to the...

"Changed by" Column is empty
Outlook 2003/Exchange 2000 Hi, in my mailbox, the "Changed by" column remains empty throughout all folders. When I change to my Team Mailbox, the "Changed by" column has the desired information. Even when I move a mail from the Team Mailbox to my mailbox, the "Changed by" column remains empty. Is this a bug or I am doing something wrong. Thank you very much. Christoph ...

Default language changed by scanning
When I use Office 2007 Word or Publisher it defaults to UK English, which is what I want. However if I scan with Microsoft Office Scanning and transfer the text to Word, the default language changes to English US. I can change it back temporarily, but next time it has reverted to US setting. My Windows 7 settings are set for UK. Is this something I can change or do I have to live with it? -- Jim S Tyneside UK www.jimscott.co.uk It is something you will have to live with. The application does not differentiate between different flavours of English - but as this is...

dropdown cells changed by arows
hi, how can i enter and choose form dropdown selection with arows up-down? thanks oxa Here's the link to MVP Debra D's coverage of Data Validation : http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in newsgroup Use xdemechanik for email ------------------------------------------- "elementi" <element_elementi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uarjylXpDHA.2732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi, > how can i enter and choose form dropdown selection with arows up-down? > > > > thanks > oxa ...

Outlook Mail Account changed by System
An outlook mail account changes it's POP mail server to "localhost" and login to username/mailserver each time the machine is rebooted and Outlook 03 is started again. Problem then arises of not being able to send mail successfully because of the relaying error. OS: WINXP PRO APP: Outlook 2003 Work around seems to be to login securely to the SMTP server to send mail but .... Is this a new way of doing it? Brad .. This is your antivirus software's doing. Check with the manufacturer to see if they have a newer version that handles e-mail scanning in a more sophisticated ...

Saving : Changed by another user
We recently upgraded to Office XP (from Office 2000) and since the upgrade, everytime we save a file we are prompted that the file may have been changed by another user and to save a copy or overwrite the changes. In my testing, I am the only one that has access to the file in question, however if a change it made it will still prompt me. This occurs everytime. Thanks for any assistance. ---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC3 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ---------------------------------------------- ...

File may have been changed by another user dialog
I have a user who I have just upgraded to Windows SP2. Now, when the user has already saved the file and attempts to close it, they get a dialog stating "The file may have been changed by another user. Do you wish to Save a copy or overwrite changes?". This did not occur before the SP2 update. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a solution to turn this off? Thanks in advance! Hi any chance you have shared this file ('Tools - Share workbook')? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Robert Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Write Conflict
Hi All, I have a form with two subforms. The main form only has a combobox for selecting which record to view. Two views of the data are possible, by viewing one subform, and having the other be hidden. Both subforms define their recordset by an SQL statement which is then filtered to a single record when the main form's combobox is updates. Finally, both subforms include a pair of text boxes that each display a field in the record. These are enabled or not based on a yes/no that is also in the datarecord. The code that updates them when subforms' yes/no chec...

protecting certain parts of worksheets from being changed by mistake
I have tried to lock them but this did not work. I need to protect the formulas and some text fields, in different part of the sheets and allow them to enter in cells they are allowed to use. how do I do this, I have looked in the help pages but can not seem to find a way, it must be there, but I do not know what I am looking for to do a search. thank you By default all cells are locked when the sheet is protected. Hit CRTL + A(twice if xl2003) then Format>Cells>Protection. Uncheck "locked" and OK. Select the cells you wish to lock and Format>Cells>Protecti...

recurring meetings times changed by 1 hour
All my recurring meetings that occur during daylight savings time were automatically adjusted by 1 hour, while those occuring during standard time were not. Why? Is there an easy fix and a way to prevent this from happening again? My clock time is correct. ...

excel warning "File may have been changed by another..."
"The file may have be changed by another user since you last saved it. Save a Copy?" I get this message almost everytime I do a SAVE AS on a file that is on the network. Other's don't get the message, and I have looked into it being open elsewhere, and it is not the case. (I get READ ONLY when it is open elsewhere.) What gives? It wants to save a copy of the file, but you can overwrite the file if you want to. ...

Cell comment boxes shouldn't change size/shape unless changed by u
Often when columns in the worksheet are resized or deleted, the cell comments in other columns have their yellow boxes change size and shape, to where i can no longer see the whole comment when i hover over the cell. It's very cumbersome to have to reset the sizes of all my comment boxes. Please find a way to make the comment boxes' size/shape "stick" to where i set it so i can continue to see the whole comment when other worksheet attributes are changed. (I use Microsoft Office in Windows XP; but happened in prior Windows too.) Thank you Perhaps this has b...

Network save error... The file may have been changed by another user...
I'm having a problem in Excel 2003. After opening a file off of the network I make a few changes and get the following error almost every time: The file 'filename.xls; may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what you want to do to? <Save a copy> or <Overwrite changes> I am the only person working on this file, no one else is editing or even opening the file, but still I this error. I found references to this same error in Excel 2002, but none of the fixes work. The file is being saved to a Windows 2000 server. There ar...

How can I prevent cells from being changed by users
I am writing a spreadsheet which requries users to enter a numbe value. i want to set the spreadsheet up so to allow an entry tp be made o altered on or before todays date - but prevent any entries o alterations after todays date - in other words - protect past entrie from being changed How do i do this. i know i can locked cells so that when a sheet is protected - the cel cannot be changed, but i want to do this by formular or macro - an help much appreciated Trevo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Trevor, not exactly what you asked for but this might help, once the data ...

Outlook 2003 Account Changed by System
An outlook mail account changes it's POP mail server to "localhost" and login to username/mailserver each time the machine is rebooted and Outlook 03 is started again. Problem then arises of not being able to send mail successfully because of the relaying error. OS: WINXP PRO APP: Outlook 2003 Work around seems to be to login securely to the SMTP server to send mail but .... Is this a new way of doing it? Brad It is your antivirus or firewall software that is doing this. Turn off mail scanning in the AV and check your firewall configuration for mail scanning as well. ...

Incoming mail is being changed by intruder
our incoming mail path(to our server) keeps changing itself somehow, from our POP3 website to "localhost". This happens with random employee's and is usually found by me when they complain about not receiving e-mail. Then i check their account settings and sure enough the imcoming mail setting has been changed to local host and the account name now has the path added to the user name. I think this is the work of a virus or someone else who has gained access to our system, or can someone explain why? e-mail to ccs2mvp@aol.com or spetersen@jjalbanese.com thanks! Scott...

Font changed by Conditional Formatting
I have created conditional formatting in Excel 2007 to change the colour of text under certain conditions, but the colour AND font change. The font of the cell in "normal" conditions is Arial, changed to Cambria for reasons unknown. This is a problem because Cambria 10 pt appears to be smaller than Arial 10pt. I've never knowingly used Cambria, and it is not possible to control the font within the "format cells" dialogue box anyway, so where has this font been picked up from. More importantly, how do I get rid of it? you can change the font type in ...

Row heights Changed by Sorting
I have an excel spreadsheet of 279 rows: a 4-row header and 25 sets of 11 rows each. Row heights within each set have been set individually, though the pattern is common to each set. When the 275 non-header rows are sorted as a group, the row heights of most, but not all, of the final 2 rows of each set are changed. The heights of the first 9 rows of each set are not changed. The final row of each set is empty except for one cell. The cell in the selected sort column is empty. The one non-empty cell contains numeric data in another sort key column. Row 11 formatting consi...

How to stop "The file 'XXXX.xls' may have been changed by anothe.
After an upgrade to Office 2003 when saving an excel file, I keep getting a file requester "The file 'XXXX.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?". How do I stop it from asking me this and just save the file. Hi have you shared this file ('Tools - share workbook')? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ICC/SS" <ICC/SS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2E641711-A807-47EE-A6D4-C4EDD1F361A6@microsoft.com... > After an upgrade to Office 2003 when saving...