'Change Calendar Time Zone': Outlook 2007 on Vista

Every day when I wake the computer, Outook 2007 has started showing
this  dialog:
    http://allenbrowne.com/temp/Outlook2007ChangeTimeDialog.png
How do I stop this?

Already tried:
- Clicking Ok. (It goes through all appointments; reports failure for each.)
- Closing the dialog without updates.
- Changing my timezone, and changing back (with Outlook closed.)
- Rebooting
- Posting to the private.mvp.outlook group (no reply.)

Grateful for any suggestions

--
Allen Browne - Perth, Western Australia

I'm having the same problem and I suspect it is something to do with the
Perth Time Zone in particular. It only started happening when Windows Update
installed the Time Zone patch 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Can anyone out there please enlighten us?

> Every day when I wake the computer, Outook 2007 has started showing
> this  dialog:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/temp/Outlook2007ChangeTimeDialog.png
> How do I stop this?
>
> Already tried:
> - Clicking Ok. (It goes through all appointments; reports failure for
> each.)
> - Closing the dialog without updates.
> - Changing my timezone, and changing back (with Outlook closed.)
> - Rebooting
> - Posting to the private.mvp.outlook group (no reply.)
>
> Grateful for any suggestions
>
> --
> Allen Browne - Perth, Western Australia

marcop (4)
7/26/2007 4:29:15 AM
Excellent, Marco. It's great to have one other piece of the puzzle, i.e. the
timezone is a factor.

Will let you know if this helps to pin it down.

--

"marco" <marcop@iinetdotnet.au> wrote in message
> I'm having the same problem and I suspect it is something to do with the
> Perth Time Zone in particular. It only started happening when Windows
> Update installed the Time Zone patch 2 or 3 weeks ago.
>
> Can anyone out there please enlighten us?
>

> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> Every day when I wake the computer, Outook 2007 has started showing
>> this  dialog:
>>    http://allenbrowne.com/temp/Outlook2007ChangeTimeDialog.png
>> How do I stop this?
>>
>> Already tried:
>> - Clicking Ok. (It goes through all appointments; reports failure for
>> each.)
>> - Closing the dialog without updates.
>> - Changing my timezone, and changing back (with Outlook closed.)
>> - Rebooting
>> - Posting to the private.mvp.outlook group (no reply.)
>>
>> Grateful for any suggestions

Yeah, i would have to agree that it is the Perth time zone that cause's this
as i have the same problem, but I am able to change my time zone to
everything other than Perth.
So currently have appointments for Taipai and Hong Kong, that i am unable to
change back to Perth time.

Knowing how to fix this would be great but i have a feeling it has something
to do with the timezone fix as you stated and would likely require imput from
MS

"marco" wrote:

> I'm having the same problem and I suspect it is something to do with the
> Perth Time Zone in particular. It only started happening when Windows Update
> installed the Time Zone patch 2 or 3 weeks ago.
>
> Can anyone out there please enlighten us?
>

> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
> > Every day when I wake the computer, Outook 2007 has started showing
> > this  dialog:
> >    http://allenbrowne.com/temp/Outlook2007ChangeTimeDialog.png
> > How do I stop this?
> >
> > Already tried:
> > - Clicking Ok. (It goes through all appointments; reports failure for
> > each.)
> > - Closing the dialog without updates.
> > - Changing my timezone, and changing back (with Outlook closed.)
> > - Rebooting
> > - Posting to the private.mvp.outlook group (no reply.)
> >
> > Grateful for any suggestions
> >
> > --
> > Allen Browne - Perth, Western Australia
> > Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

0
Alan6824 (103)
7/26/2007 4:00:01 PM
Guess it's just a case of patience then!

"Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, i would have to agree that it is the Perth time zone that cause's
> this
> as i have the same problem, but I am able to change my time zone to
> everything other than Perth.
> So currently have appointments for Taipai and Hong Kong, that i am unable
> change back to Perth time.
>
> Knowing how to fix this would be great but i have a feeling it has
> something
> to do with the timezone fix as you stated and would likely require imput
> from
> MS
>
> "marco" wrote:
>
>> I'm having the same problem and I suspect it is something to do with the
>> Perth Time Zone in particular. It only started happening when Windows
>> Update
>> installed the Time Zone patch 2 or 3 weeks ago.
>>
>> Can anyone out there please enlighten us?
>>

>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> > Every day when I wake the computer, Outook 2007 has started showing
>> > this  dialog:
>> >    http://allenbrowne.com/temp/Outlook2007ChangeTimeDialog.png
>> > How do I stop this?
>> >
>> > Already tried:
>> > - Clicking Ok. (It goes through all appointments; reports failure for
>> > each.)
>> > - Closing the dialog without updates.
>> > - Changing my timezone, and changing back (with Outlook closed.)
>> > - Rebooting
>> > - Posting to the private.mvp.outlook group (no reply.)
>> >
>> > Grateful for any suggestions
>> >
>> > --
>> > Allen Browne - Perth, Western Australia
>> > Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

0
marcop (4)
7/27/2007 2:50:03 AM
I also agree that it is somehow related to Perth time zone. However, I only
started getting the error yesterday and I installed the time zone patch last
December when it was released and have been using Outlook 2007 since
February. I have to wonder if there have been any further patches recently
released that may be causing this?

"marco" wrote:

> Guess it's just a case of patience then!
>
> "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yeah, i would have to agree that it is the Perth time zone that cause's
> > this
> > as i have the same problem, but I am able to change my time zone to
> > everything other than Perth.
> > So currently have appointments for Taipai and Hong Kong, that i am unable
> > change back to Perth time.
> >
> > Knowing how to fix this would be great but i have a feeling it has
> > something
> > to do with the timezone fix as you stated and would likely require imput
> > from
> > MS
> >
> > "marco" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm having the same problem and I suspect it is something to do with the
> >> Perth Time Zone in particular. It only started happening when Windows
> >> Update
> >> installed the Time Zone patch 2 or 3 weeks ago.
> >>
> >> Can anyone out there please enlighten us?
> >>

> >> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message

0
RobBell (1)
8/1/2007 11:18:01 AM
There was an updated time patch released 3 or 4 weeks ago. I have suspicions
that we should have removed the "update" that was released in December
before installing the recent one - but I'm buggered if I can figure out how!

"Rob Bell" <RobBell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I also agree that it is somehow related to Perth time zone. However, I only
> started getting the error yesterday and I installed the time zone patch
> last
> December when it was released and have been using Outlook 2007 since
> February. I have to wonder if there have been any further patches recently
> released that may be causing this?
>
> "marco" wrote:
>
>> Guess it's just a case of patience then!
>>
>> "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yeah, i would have to agree that it is the Perth time zone that cause's
>> > this
>> > as i have the same problem, but I am able to change my time zone to
>> > everything other than Perth.
>> > So currently have appointments for Taipai and Hong Kong, that i am
>> > unable
>> > change back to Perth time.
>> >
>> > Knowing how to fix this would be great but i have a feeling it has
>> > something
>> > to do with the timezone fix as you stated and would likely require
>> > imput
>> > from
>> > MS

0
marcop (4)
8/2/2007 2:46:42 PM
I think I've fixed mine by removing an update that I installed back in March
2007 - though I'm not sure when it was released.

The update does not show up in the "Updates" part of the Programs and
Features, it shows up as a program:
1. Go to Control Panel and under Programs choose Uninstall A Program.
2. Select Western Australian Time Zone Update and then click Uninstall.

After doing this you might want to check that Auto-adjust for DST is still
active:
1. Right-click the time in the task bar and choose Adjust Date/Time.
2. In the Time Zone section , under the Change Time Zone button it should
say something like "DST begins on ...".
3. If it doesn't click Change Time Zone and check the Automatically adjust
...." box.

Hope this works for you too!

0
Muller (2)
8/9/2007 2:38:03 AM
Scratch that, spoke too soon, dialog just popped up again, sorry.
0
TimMuller (2)
8/9/2007 2:46:05 AM
Grr... Why should W.A. time zones be different from others - seems that only
in this forgotten part of the world we suffer from this. Maybe time is
different here - just have to W(ait) A(while). I wonder if Microsoft is even
aware of the problem.

"Tim Muller" <TimMuller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Scratch that, spoke too soon, dialog just popped up again, sorry.

0
marcop (4)
8/16/2007 12:08:56 PM
Before escalating it I'd like to clarify some things, hopefully others are
reading this thread too.

I have the issue happening at my work with a client running Vista and
Outlook 2007.

I also have the issue at home - there I have two laptops, both with Outlook
2007, but one with Vista the other with XPsp2 - but both work on the same
mailbox so opening the Calendar on the Vista laptop may result in the XP
laptop having to readjust.

So this means some combination of the Exchange server, Outlook 2007 and/or
Vista - the sort of problem Microsoft (indeed any software company) hates.

At home I have just found that the "WA Time Zone Update" was still installed
on the Exchange server so have removed that to see if it helps.

Will revert.
0
TimMuller (2)
8/22/2007 1:32:01 AM
I am also getting this message.

I first got it when I travelled to the Gold Coast for Tech.Ed 2007.

Now I'm back in Perth I get the message every time I open Outlook 2007.

Oh, and it is regardless of whether I am connected to an Exchange Server, or
operating in Cache mode.

Very annoying!

"Tim Muller" wrote:

> Before escalating it I'd like to clarify some things, hopefully others are
> reading this thread too.
>
> I have the issue happening at my work with a client running Vista and
> Outlook 2007.
>
> I also have the issue at home - there I have two laptops, both with Outlook
> 2007, but one with Vista the other with XPsp2 - but both work on the same
> mailbox so opening the Calendar on the Vista laptop may result in the XP
> laptop having to readjust.
>
> So this means some combination of the Exchange server, Outlook 2007 and/or
> Vista - the sort of problem Microsoft (indeed any software company) hates.
>
> At home I have just found that the "WA Time Zone Update" was still installed
> on the Exchange server so have removed that to see if it helps.
>
> Will revert.
I have found it on both a user with Vista and another who has only ever used XP

"Dave Robinson" wrote:

> I am also getting this message.
>
> I first got it when I travelled to the Gold Coast for Tech.Ed 2007.
>
> Now I'm back in Perth I get the message every time I open Outlook 2007.
>
> Oh, and it is regardless of whether I am connected to an Exchange Server, or
> operating in Cache mode.
>
> Very annoying!
>
> "Tim Muller" wrote:
>
> > Before escalating it I'd like to clarify some things, hopefully others are
> > reading this thread too.
> >
> > I have the issue happening at my work with a client running Vista and
> > Outlook 2007.
> >
> > I also have the issue at home - there I have two laptops, both with Outlook
> > 2007, but one with Vista the other with XPsp2 - but both work on the same
> > mailbox so opening the Calendar on the Vista laptop may result in the XP
> > laptop having to readjust.
> >
> > So this means some combination of the Exchange server, Outlook 2007 and/or
> > Vista - the sort of problem Microsoft (indeed any software company) hates.
> >
> > At home I have just found that the "WA Time Zone Update" was still installed
> > on the Exchange server so have removed that to see if it helps.
> >
> > Will revert.
0
robbell27 (1)
8/29/2007 2:12:00 PM
I also get the problem so maybe my story will help you figure it out.  I
bought my notebook in Perth in May 2007 with Vista & Office 2007
professional. I have since moved to the UK and change the Regional settings &
Outlook time zones to the UK. I am sick of it so I have changed the registry
as advised elsewhere. (Run "regedit" and add a new DWORD
"DisableTimeZoneAutoPrompt" under  HKEY_CURRENT_USER
\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar. and set its value to
1)
--
Thanks, Perci

"rob_bell27" wrote:

> I have found it on both a user with Vista and another who has only ever used XP
>
> "Dave Robinson" wrote:
>
> > I am also getting this message.
> >
> > I first got it when I travelled to the Gold Coast for Tech.Ed 2007.
> >
> > Now I'm back in Perth I get the message every time I open Outlook 2007.
> >
> > Oh, and it is regardless of whether I am connected to an Exchange Server, or
> > operating in Cache mode.
> >
> > Very annoying!
> >
> > "Tim Muller" wrote:
> >
> > > Before escalating it I'd like to clarify some things, hopefully others are
> > > reading this thread too.
> > >
> > > I have the issue happening at my work with a client running Vista and
> > > Outlook 2007.
> > >
> > > I also have the issue at home - there I have two laptops, both with Outlook
> > > 2007, but one with Vista the other with XPsp2 - but both work on the same
> > > mailbox so opening the Calendar on the Vista laptop may result in the XP
> > > laptop having to readjust.
> > >
> > > So this means some combination of the Exchange server, Outlook 2007 and/or
> > > Vista - the sort of problem Microsoft (indeed any software company) hates.
> > >
> > > At home I have just found that the "WA Time Zone Update" was still installed
> > > on the Exchange server so have removed that to see if it helps.
> > >
> > > Will revert.
0
Perci (1)
9/8/2007 4:38:24 PM
Perci, thanks for posting. That works.

--

"Perci" <Perci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I also get the problem so maybe my story will help you figure it out.  I
> bought my notebook in Perth in May 2007 with Vista & Office 2007
> professional. I have since moved to the UK and change the Regional
> settings &
> Outlook time zones to the UK. I am sick of it so I have changed the
> registry
> as advised elsewhere. (Run "regedit" and add a new DWORD
> "DisableTimeZoneAutoPrompt" under  HKEY_CURRENT_USER
> \Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar. and set its
> value to
> 1)
> --
> Thanks, Perci

Now I am sane again.
Thanks Perci

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Perci, thanks for posting. That works.
>
> --
> Allen Browne - Perth, Western Australia
>
> "Perci" <Perci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I also get the problem so maybe my story will help you figure it out.  I
> > bought my notebook in Perth in May 2007 with Vista & Office 2007
> > professional. I have since moved to the UK and change the Regional
> > settings &
> > Outlook time zones to the UK. I am sick of it so I have changed the
> > registry
> > as advised elsewhere. (Run "regedit" and add a new DWORD
> > "DisableTimeZoneAutoPrompt" under  HKEY_CURRENT_USER
> > \Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar. and set its
> > value to
> > 1)
> > --
> > Thanks, Perci

0
Jim8980 (510)

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Change position ID in HR