'Arrange By' header

Hi,

I know that I can add the 'Arrange By' menu button  to my Outlook
toolbar, but another person at work has Arrange By right above his
messages (where the Field Choices are), and I think that's better.
When he clicks on the Arrange By button, he gets a drop down menu of
how to arrange his messages.  But he can't remember how he got that
there, and I can't find it either.  Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks.  Frank
0
pbeal (9)

Phrank <pbeal@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I know that I can add the 'Arrange By' menu button  to my Outlook
> toolbar, but another person at work has Arrange By right above his
> messages (where the Field Choices are), and I think that's better.
> When he clicks on the Arrange By button, he gets a drop down menu of
> how to arrange his messages.  But he can't remember how he got that
> there, and I can't find it either.  Can anyone help me with this?

Right-click a blank area of the toolbar and select Advanced.  The View
drop-down should be part of the Advanced toolbar.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
10/31/2006 1:58:11 PM
Thanks Brian.  I'll check it out at work tomorrow.

Frank

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:58:11 -0500, "Brian Tillman"
<tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Phrank <pbeal@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I know that I can add the 'Arrange By' menu button  to my Outlook
>> toolbar, but another person at work has Arrange By right above his
>> messages (where the Field Choices are), and I think that's better.
>> When he clicks on the Arrange By button, he gets a drop down menu of
>> how to arrange his messages.  But he can't remember how he got that
>> there, and I can't find it either.  Can anyone help me with this?
>
>Right-click a blank area of the toolbar and select Advanced.  The View
>drop-down should be part of the Advanced toolbar.
0
pbeal (9)

Export to .csv file without column headers
I've created a report with SRS. When I preview the report, I have no column headers. However, when I export it to a .cvs file, the file does contain column headers. I have no header row in the table. How can I export to a file without column headers? ...

Searching in MOSS in web aplication with host header
Hi, I implemented the searches in MOSS 2007 with SP2 and work fine on sharepoint site with port applications. I have a site on an web application with host header and does not perform searches. I agree Access denied error when access account have permissions in that site. I created a web application with port and there I restored the site in question and performs the searches fine. I tried what you say http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861/es but don´t solve anything. Any idea? ------=_NextPart_0001_B8D44D67 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-E...

Background or Header picture
Hi, I don't even know if what I need help with can be done, but here goes: I have a picture, .bmp, that I would like to appear at the top of my printed Excelsheet. The challenge is to get the picture to cover the entire sheet with NO margins. The top of the printed paper should not show any white margins at all. I've tried to use both the Header and the Background-function but solve it... Does anyone know if and how it can be done? (Excel 2007) BR //Jenny ...

Newsgroup Headers do not appear
Hi guys, strange problem, when I sent a post to a newsgroup my headers never appear, I have to go down the list and see if I can recognize a reply to my question. Any ideas on how to solve this problem Thank and Regards Bob depending on the newsreader, you can usually click on the column header "from" and the monikers will alphabetize you can also try googling or binging for your moniker. -- -- db���`�...�><)))�> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This NNTP newsgroup is evolving to: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/def...

Cell Reference in Header
I posted a problem a while back, but think I made it more complicated than it needed to be. Is it possible to reference a cell within the header so that it will update automatically with whatever is entered in cell? Thanks! Rita Palazzi Hi you need VBA for this (code in the event procedure BeforePrint) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rita Palazzi" <rmpalazzi@fedex.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eWeeT5DuEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I posted a problem a while back, but think I made it more complicated > than it needed to be. Is it possible to re...

how do they fake email headers info?
How can they fake these email header information? hba2pd wrote: > How can they fake these email header information? Pretty easily, really. SMTP is just a transfer of text based information. -- f.h. So it means that even if I run SPAMCOP to get information about the originator of an email, this information is not still reliable and a reasonably knowledgeable person can fake it. On 3$B7n(B27$BF|(B, $B8aA0(B7:12, "Spin" <S...@spin.com> wrote: > They open up a telnet session and insert stuff there. I imagine people > created some software to do this too. ...

Header and footer
Is it possible to place the time and date stamp of the last time the file was saved into the header or footer? If so, how? Thanks, Jeff jmuir@wardservices.com jeff@gentrydevelopment.net Well...my lumbering way of doing it is to have a sheet that time stamps on the workbooks open event. Then it runs a bit o' code to set the header with that cells value. Here is an example of what I put together: Code: -------------------- Private Sub Workbook_Open() timeStamp = Now() Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = timeStamp Dim mySht As Variant For Each m...

Setting the Default font for Headers and footers in Excel 2002
I have a user who wants to know how to change the default font for headers/footers in Excel XP. I tried changing the font in each and saving the file as a template called 'Book' in the XLStart directory but that didn't work. Any ideas? She also wants to know how to set the default font for PowerPoint XP. Thanks! ...

I want a text box label in a header section
I have a report with a header section containing a detail section. I want to add a new text box to the detail section with a label above it in the Header. I try adding the control which gives me a label but I cannot move the label into the header how do I do so? Select the label control in design view and cut it to the clipboard. Then select the page header section and paste it in. Move it to the desired position and edit its Caption property if necessary. Ken Sheridan Stafford, England "Old Man River" wrote: > I have a report with a header section containing a detail ...

Exchange 2003 - Corrupt header results in 1000's of emails
Hi, I have a problem, can anyone help? Setup is exchange 2003 on Small Business Server Inbound mail via POP3 connector. Outbound via SMTP. Messages are put into bad mail directory. Each message seems to have three files associated with it... 1. BDR file contains "Error is processing file in pickup directory." 2. BAD file seems to contain complete message body. 3. BDP file seems to contain message header. Message header contains multiple occurences of "@address.invalid," The message appears to loop and possibly also spawn additional copies. 1000's of copies of the e-m...

How to delete "Drag a column header here to group..." below Inbox
This message "Drag a column header here to group by that column" appeared below my Inbox heading. How do I get rid of it? right click on the row of field names and select the group by box command. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook d...

Getting a left margin to behave like a header or footer
Good morning. Our letterhead lists our products along the left margin, and i'd like them to be "cemented" on, like they would if they appeared in the header or footer, but can't figure out how to do that. Any suggestions? A header or footer can be anywhere on the page. Open the header view and insert a (borderless?) text box in the left margin to take your margin text then close the header view. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My ...

Outlook 2003 Arrange By Bug? #2
We have noticed on machines running Outlook 2003 that when you have a particular e-mail selected and you click on the column heading "From", that instead of sorting by "From" and starting the list on the first message from this sender, the list is sorted by "From" and the top of the list is shown. In other words, it does not position the display as it did in Outlook 2k to the first message from the selected sender. This behavior is not consistent however. It appears that it works the first time you try it, but subsequent attempts don't. If you switch out of...

I can't download email only header in Outlook
I have just switched to Outlook from Outlook Express. It's very good, except for when I download email, it doesn't download the message only the heading. I then have to wait a very long time for the body to be downloaded. And all of my old email is not downloaded, although it has been moved. Can someone please help me? Do you have Outlook set to download only headers? Also, where is the 'old' mail you're referencing? "Sandra JI" <Sandra JI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1976FB45-03DD-495B-9EBC-DC87C1EF4645@microsoft.com... >I have...

Disabling &[Time] macro in headers and footers
I need to have in my header and / or footer companies with "&T" in them ("AT&T", "BS&T", etc.), but anytime I put "&T" in an Excel 2007 header or footer, it gets converted to a timestamp. How do I diable this feature? Use two & characters where you want a single & to appear. E.g,. AT&&T Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com [email on web site] On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:28:01 -0800, John Mirabella <JohnMirabella@discussions.microsoft.co...

In MS Excel, how do I change the column ref headers from numbers .
I'm using Excel 2000 v9.0 and the column reference headers have changed to Numbers (don't know how this happened) - so when I look at a cell reference, it is now quite confusing as both rows and columns are numbers. How do I change it back so that column references are letters, as it was before? Hi Tools > Options, uncheck R1C1 reference style. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Bruce Lindfield" <Bruce Lindfield@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:A3656A77-3DB1-41AF-A8F8-4C76C68C5C5B@microsoft.com... > I'm using Excel 2000 v9.0 and the column refer...

How do I add a cell reference in a header?
I'm trying to add a cell reference in the header of an Excel document. The workbook allows a user to select choices from a drop-down menu and pulls the specific data into summaries, but I would also like the selection to change the header each time. Hi only possible with VBA using an event procedure. e.g. put the following code in your workbook module: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In Me.Worksheets With wkSht.PageSetup .CenterHeader = wkSht.range("A1").value End With Next wkSht End Sub -...

Files automatically arranging themselves by title
I have my Explorer folder settings set to be arranged by Name, and the auto-arrange feature is enabled. But when I rename a file, it stays in the old location in that folder, even after refreshing. It is only when I go to the View menu, then choose arrange icons by name, that the icons actually move to their proper alphabetical order. Is there any way to get this to happen automatically? > It is only when I go to the View menu, > then choose arrange icons by name, ....Or by pressing F5 Marcello BTW: You may also quit renaming with a click on the refresh button. ...

problems with serialization of the soap header #2
I need to send a header from my client. The heade need to have following format: <Header> <id>23</id> </Header> 1. I created a soap header: <System.Xml.Serialization.XmlRoot("id")> _ Public Class IRMHeader Inherits SoapHeader <System.Xml.Serialization.XmlText()> _ Public id As String End Class 2. Adder header variable to my proxy class Public id As IRMHeader 3. Added attributes to the method <System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderAttribute("id", _ Direction:=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderDirection.In...

Find the first Value in a Row and Retrieve the Header for That Column
Hi, I need some help solve this problem. Supose I have the array as in the file in attach. I want to: 1) find the first value in the range A9:L9 (result: "1") 2) retrieve header for that column (result: "i") 3) find the next value in the range A9:L9 (result: "8") 2) retrieve header for that column (result: "l") Best Regards, Eli +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: FirstValueInaRow.pdf |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4240 +--------------...

Selecting All Text in Header
I want to select everything (text and possibly even a text box) in a header. How do I do that? ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Select should do it as using ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Delete deletes everything, including a text box in the header. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "LA Lawyer" <hkapp@kapplaw.com> wrote i...

Outlook: arrange contacts within a category in alphabetical order
Need to arrange contacts within a category so they appear in alphabetical order when in categories view. Any suggestions how to accomplish this task? Telling us yersion of Outlook would be helpful (and standard posting etiquette) as they behave differently. Try this, it works in 2003 (which is where the function first went a bit screwy): Turn on the advanced toolbar Use an Ungrouped view (eg Phone List) sort by the column you want to alphabeticise (click the column header) Turn on the Group By Box (it's in the Advanced toolbar beside the Current View white window) Now drag the Categ...

Folder List arrangement???
I have Outlook 2002. In the Folder List I have folders for Archive, Mailbox, Personal Folders, Public Folders and each of those have subfolders. My question is: Is this list automatically sorted alphabetically or can I arrange the folders in the order that I want and if so, how can I move the folders??? On different machines where I work, everyone seems to have a different folder arrangement. apna <apna@etaleem.com> wrote: > I have Outlook 2002. In the Folder List I have folders for Archive, > Mailbox, Personal Folders, Public Folders and each of those have > subfolders. ...

Arranging a data in required format
Hi, I have attendence data of all the employees in sequence of swipes done on the machine. Eg. Employee Number Date Time 1 - 11/29/2009 - 08:32:20 3 - 11/29/2009 - 08:37:59 9 - 11/29/2009 - 08:46:21 5 - 11/29/2009 - 08:57:59 9 - 11/29/2009 - 08:59:21 3 - 11/29/2009 - 18:37:59 9 - 11/29/2009 - 18:46:21 5 - 11/29/2009 - 18:57:59 This continues f...

DISPLAY HEADER
Everyone in my company has the same EMAIL address. What I want to do is SEE the SMTP ? OR - If I get mail - I right CLICK and can view the OPTIONS and see the HEADER : I would like that in my windows display? Can you please assist me. If you would like to try to help please email me..I am desperate for a fix... outlook doesn't support showing it in the window - try pocketknife peek www.xintercept.com/pkpeek.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.ou...