[2010] a couple of "search" questions

in the (advanced) search window, two questions:

- it is possible to save a customized view setup? I mean columns shown,
format, sort, and so on...

- in the old 2003 version, in the status (bottom of the window) there was
the total number of found items: now it's missing :( can I reactivate it?

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-
............ [ al lavoro ] ...........
0
ammammata (13)

ComboBox with AutoCompleteMode = SuggestAppend and custom search (Contains)?
Hi, I have a class FlightStation with a Search property that combines two attributes. I like to search not only for matching strings from the beginning, but rather from any where in the string. (With the Contains method or the string class) What is the best and quickest solution to implement such a search when using a combobox and not a TextBox for the input? I know about implementing a derived class like this: class FlightStationBindingList : BindingList<FlightStation> { // ... } But is there a more quick and dirty solution ?! - Sorry :-) My solution with the Tex...

Search Option
I have a form that contains a subform with several fields of information. I'm looking for a code that allows me to enter any type of information on the main form and have the subform search and apply a filter. Can anyone help or atleast direct me in the right direction? See: Search form - Handle many optional criteria at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.micro...

searching for specific text
well, maybe you'll know how to do it with the bigger picture. I'll give you an ‎example: there is a textbox column that might contain the sentence "a box of ‎chocolate". I have another column that needs to say what kind of candy (from a ‎known list of possibly candy) it is the first column. now I need a function that will ‎automatically finds which of the keywords is in the textbox column and gives the ‎answer in the second column.‎ Hello, If you do not get a reasonable response, please send the workbook to: excelmarksway@yahoo.com.au Any confidential information recei...

Sorting Search Results
I there a way to sort search results to see the messages with the latest responses first? Thanks, ...

Error: "Search key was not found in any record"
Dear all, Recently, my Access 2000 is upgraded to XP version. After convert all 2000 mdb file to 2002, I've got a big trouble. 1.Path of all link tables cannot be changed. 2.Saving a new form dialog box repeat and repeat again when save a new form. 3.New saved form cannot be open. 4.Form cannot be deleted. A same error message is found in above case: "Search key was not found in any record" Could any one help me? Thank you very much! Billy "Billy" <billysoo@hotmail.com> wrote: >Recently, my Access 2000 is upgraded to XP version. >After convert all 20...

Flexible Search and Wildcards
Hello all! I've created a flexible search like the one described by Allen Browne at http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html. It works great except that my supervisor just informed me that he would like to have the ability to use a wild card * as search criteria on the form. The textbox where he would be entering the criteria is called txtBillNo. Here is the snippit of code I'm using: 'Search by bill #. Searches for similiar characters anywhere in the field. If Not IsNull(Me.txtBillNo) Then strWhere = strWhere & "([Documents_Bill#] Like ""*" & ...

User Search defined by text box
I did some reasearch and found this post ------------------------ By: KARL DEWEY Try this -- In the header of the form put unbound textbox, combox, or listbox to enter or select the criteria. Add a command button to requery the query that is the record source for the form. In the query add criteria from each of the textbox, combox, or listbox from the form header like -- Like "*" & [Forms]![YourFormName]![YourTextBox] & "*" If you have entered 'be' in the textbox you will get Abe, Abel, Betty, Maybe. If you do not use the leading or trailing wildca...

How to search for a kit product??
Hi all, does anyone know how to search CRM for kit products? I'm aware that there is a field called "isakit" (or something of that nature), but it does not show in advanced find. Nor can you add that field to Product form. Any ideas? -Erik- ...

Searching for Excel files that have been Shared
Is there any way to do a file search for excel files that have been marked as being shared? ...

Searching in Different Excel files
How can i search in different workbooks in the same folder fo information? I have 1 jobnumber in each workbook with a differnt date. Now i want t create another workbook where i type in the job number and it mus display the excel workbook name with the job number and the date. I this all possible? For now i would just like to search different workbooks and when i typ in the jobe number it can go to the location in every workbook. than -- frikki ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frikkie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

searching in a text file with a specified string and deleting the string(URGENT)
Hi I have 2 text file which is having its content as follows... ---------------------text file 1----------------------------- atlanta moris hangaroo -------------------- -----------upto random number of lines ------------------end of text file 1------------------------ ---------------------text file 2----------------------------- www.abc.com www.sea.com www.random.com -------------------- -----------upto random number of lines ------------------end of text file 2------------------------ Now my requirement is that -> User will input a string value which may or may not exist in ...

Search #5
Hi I am trying to search on some cells. This search will be used over and over again. We have column a with 1-1000. I need someone to be able to open the worksheet and enter a number 1-1000 in a cell and it return the result thats in column b. Then do the same again with a diffrent number. I have looked at vlookup but could not get it to work everytime i enter a number. VLOOKUP should do the trick, if I got you right . . . lets said in A1 i what your looking for and in A3 - A1003 is 1-1000 and in B3-B1003 yo have Items / names / values or what ever your looking for, the formul below...

Search by Subject
Hello Pros I'm looking for tools or command which allow me to search my exchange database per subject i.e find all the message with subject contain : nice picture Thanks Hi, Exmerge will do this for you. Exmerge download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=429163ec-dcdf-47dc-96da-1c12d67327d5&DisplayLang=en And a nice tutorial to save my fingers ;-) http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF013.html Oliver ...

SEARCH WINDOW
WHEN I CLICK ON MY DOCUMENTS AND LEFT CLICK ON A FILE FOLDER A BLANK "WINDOWS SEARCH" WINDOW COMES UP. IF I RIGHT CLICK A FOLDER A DROP DOWN WINDOW COMES UP WITH "SEARCH, OPEN, EXPLORE...ETC" HOW CAN I LEFT CLICK AND HAVE THE FOLDER JUST OPEN. This has nothing to do with Word. Ask in a forum related to your operating system ... and you are more likely to get help there if you don't SHOUT! -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web si...

Selective Replace in Search and Replace
I need to search and replace in a large document. I don't want to replace the entire search term/expression just part of it. In this case I am searching for a paragraph return followed by any letter (not digit) and then want to change that to paragraph/tab but keep the letter. The search looks like this ^p^$ but naturally if replace is ^p^t I lose the first letter of the text string which I don't want How can I construct either search and replace so that ^p Alexander turns into ^p ^tAlexander and not ^p ^tlexander Thanks in a...

Change Cell Background Color Based On Search Results
Hey Gang, I have a fairly generic calendar that I use as a team duty roster for about 30 people, which becomes quite busy as the months assignments are scheduled. What would help me immensely as I balance the assignments, is the ability to change the cell color based on a search criteria. For example, I have T. Brown assigned on a Wednesday, Saturday, and Thursday, and B. Evans assigned on a Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and E. Nicholas on.... etc, etc, etc.. What I would like, is the ability to enter the persons name in cell A1 (for example), and anywhere within the range of the work...

how to allow the user to enter their search criteria
HI I have wached the video showing me how the user of the DB can enter their own dates to perform a query but I need to know how the user of my database can enter for example their own "Country" or "insitution" so that they can find for example - all students who have went to "Japan" or "Kyoto University". My columns are headed "Country" and "institution" - i tried for example "=[Country]" it worked the first time and allowed the user to enter the country but then it stopped and didn't give a search opti...

SQL Server Timeout Error when searching for KB-Articles
Hello Community, i got an "SQL Server Timeout expired" Error when searching for KB-Articles in either the Webclient or Outlook. Environment: Windows Server 2003 R2 SQL 2005 + SP2 CRM 3.0 inkl. Update Rollup 1 Hey Mark, just a thought, as I'm going through some things with NTEXT fields and having issues in cirtain cases. Is it possible that some of the knowlege base articles have "Copy/Pasted" text from another application into the KB article? I've noticed on a few occasions with the NTEXT fields of notes and history/activities that when people are copy...

Field Comparison option on SmartList Search window
I've been trying to use the Field Comparison option on the Search window on SmartList so it will report based on the values in two fields. This never works for me, is there a special trick I need to use to do this. PartnerSource doesn't show anything on this, maybe it isn't used that often? Thanks in anticipation Haseet Hi Jim, I'm on V9 and wanted to compare date fields on the PO lines. It recognises the field as date fields and only offers other date fields to compare with but this view then produces no results when it is expected to. I was hoping to use it on the new...

Unicode and Search and Replace
I have Excel 2003, and in a column I have various unicode Greek letters in the Gentium font (such as ό) that I would like to search and replace into numbers (ό would become 15) so I can sort the sheet (the search and replace doesn't work for certain unicode Greek letters). Other than paying a lot for an expensive add-on or other software product, is there any way I can do this in Excel 2003? Please explain in simple English. Thanks. Excel's usual Find / Replace can handle the job without addins. 1. put a single instance of any unicode character in an un-used cell 2. copy the...

Is there a way to search for "Repeats"?
I'm looking for an easy way to search for repeated values in a worksheet. For our customer database I constantly have to manually search through ~ 3000 names to weed out duplicates. Does anyone know if there is a function that could make this easier? Eliminate them instead using data>filter>advanced filter, copy to another location and unique records only -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "B" <blane@fuse.net> wrote in message news:01c801c39406$7611ab90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm looking for an easy way to search for repeated values > in a worksheet. For our ...

Sort order of views / search field
Is it anyhow possible to change the standard field searchbox in views ? For standard search it's a bit annoying having to go in advanced search ! Jack ...

How do I search specific words/phrases/terms in Outlook 2003's e-mails?
Hello. How do I search specific words/phrases/terms in Outlook 2003's e-mails? For example, "apple juice". Another example, "base" and not baseball. I tried using quotation marks like on Google, but that didn't seem to work. I was unable to find anything about this in its help. Thank you in advance. :) -- Phillip Pi Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst ISP/Symantec Online Services, Consumer Business Unit Symantec Corporation www.symantec.com ----------------------------------------------------- Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e...

searching a calendar
Hi All, I have a weird problem with one users calendar. When she searches it for a meeting that is in the calendar it only brings back entries for 2007. If you do and advanced find it brings back all the meetings past, present and future. This is only happening to one user that I know of and she is using outlook 2003. I have ran through the normal stuff with /cleanfreebusy /cleanviews /resetfolders etc and I have recreated the profile. None of these has made any difference. Does anyone have any ideas? TIA Andy Exchange version? Is she using instant search? Are you indexing the e...

Search in the help window is disabled ???
The Search window in my excel help window is disabled (grayed out). As a consequence no search in the help is possible. Is there an option somewhere to enable it? The excel version is 2007 and the O.S. is windows 7 home premium. ...