Update AutoArchive Settings on Multiple PST Files

Hello,

I have a number of pst archives that I need to update the AutoArchive
settings. Specifically i need to disable AutoArvhive for all pst files
while maintaining my AutoArchive settings for my Exchange account ost.
When the daily AutoArchive runs it not only processes my Exchange
Mailbox but runs through each pst file. The pst files contain around
100-150 folders each and there 6 pst files. Therefore the AutoArchive
process takes quite some time. What i would like to do is loop through
each pst file and disable AutoArchive for every item in the pst. I'm
familiar with vbscript and frequently write my own scripts but I'm
unfamiliar with the internals of Outlook and pst databases. Can
someone help me accomplish this?

Thanks,

bill
0
bill

None of the autoarchive settings are exposed in the Outlook object model.
You'd need to use a lower level API such as CDO 1.21(optional installation)
or Redemption (3rd party library at www.dimastr.com/redemption) or Extended
MAPI (long learning curve and only C++ or Delphi).

The settings are all stored in hidden items in Outlook folders and in the
registry.

I'd recommend searching on "autoarchive" at www.outlookcode.com and you'll
turn up a lot of samples for that using various API's.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"bill" <william.voyek@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a number of pst archives that I need to update the AutoArchive
> settings. Specifically i need to disable AutoArvhive for all pst files
> while maintaining my AutoArchive settings for my Exchange account ost.
> When the daily AutoArchive runs it not only processes my Exchange
> Mailbox but runs through each pst file. The pst files contain around
> 100-150 folders each and there 6 pst files. Therefore the AutoArchive
> process takes quite some time. What i would like to do is loop through
> each pst file and disable AutoArchive for every item in the pst. I'm
> familiar with vbscript and frequently write my own scripts but I'm
> unfamiliar with the internals of Outlook and pst databases. Can
> someone help me accomplish this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> bill

0
Ken
2/17/2010 2:20:19 PM
On Feb 17, 6:20=A0am, "Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]"
<kenslo...@mvps.org> wrote:
> None of the autoarchive settings are exposed in the Outlook object model.
> You'd need to use a lower level API such as CDO 1.21(optional installatio=
n)
> or Redemption (3rd party library atwww.dimastr.com/redemption) or Extende=
> MAPI (long learning curve and only C++ or Delphi).
>
> The settings are all stored in hidden items in Outlook folders and in the
> registry.
>
> I'd recommend searching on "autoarchive" atwww.outlookcode.comand you'll
> turn up a lot of samples for that using various API's.
>
> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]http://www.slovaktech.com
> Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options.http://www.slova=
ktech.com/products.htm

> "bill" <william.vo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,
>
> > I have a number of pst archives that I need to update the AutoArchive
> > settings. Specifically i need to disable AutoArvhive for all pst files
> > while maintaining my AutoArchive settings for my Exchange account ost.
> > When the daily AutoArchive runs it not only processes my Exchange
> > Mailbox but runs through each pst file. The pst files contain around
> > 100-150 folders each and there 6 pst files. Therefore the AutoArchive
> > process takes quite some time. What i would like to do is loop through
> > each pst file and disable AutoArchive for every item in the pst. I'm
> > familiar with vbscript and frequently write my own scripts but I'm
> > unfamiliar with the internals of Outlook and pst databases. Can
> > someone help me accomplish this?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > bill

Thanks, that should help.

bill
0
bill
2/17/2010 10:31:27 PM
<kenslo...@mvps.org> wrote:
> None of the autoarchive settings are exposed in the Outlook object model.
> You'd need to use a lower level API such as CDO 1.21(optional installatio=
n)
> or Redemption (3rd party library atwww.dimastr.com/redemption) or Extende=
> MAPI (long learning curve and only C++ or Delphi).
>
> The settings are all stored in hidden items in Outlook folders and in the
> registry.
>
> I'd recommend searching on "autoarchive" atwww.outlookcode.comand you'll
> turn up a lot of samples for that using various API's.
>
> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]http://www.slovaktech.com
> Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options.http://www.slova=
ktech.com/products.htm

> "bill" <william.vo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,
>
> > I have a number of pst archives that I need to update the AutoArchive
> > settings. Specifically i need to disable AutoArvhive for all pst files
> > while maintaining my AutoArchive settings for my Exchange account ost.
> > When the daily AutoArchive runs it not only processes my Exchange
> > Mailbox but runs through each pst file. The pst files contain around
> > 100-150 folders each and there 6 pst files. Therefore the AutoArchive
> > process takes quite some time. What i would like to do is loop through
> > each pst file and disable AutoArchive for every item in the pst. I'm
> > familiar with vbscript and frequently write my own scripts but I'm
> > unfamiliar with the internals of Outlook and pst databases. Can
> > someone help me accomplish this?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > bill

Thanks, I went there which led me to here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/jmazner/archive/2006/10/30/setting-autoarchive-proper=
ties-on-a-folder-hierarchy-in-outlook-2007.aspx

which was exactly what i was looking for.

bill
0
bill
2/18/2010 12:22:29 AM
Be aware that the code referenced is Outlook 2007 or later only since it
makes use of objects such as PropertyAccessor and StorageItem. For earlier
versions of Outlook using an alternate API such as CDO 1.21 or Redemption
would be needed.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"bill" <william.voyek@gmail.com> wrote in message

<snip>

Thanks, I went there which led me to here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/jmazner/archive/2006/10/30/setting-autoarchive-properties-on-a-folder-hierarchy-in-outlook-2007.aspx

which was exactly what i was looking for.

bill

0
Ken
2/18/2010 1:59:21 PM
On Feb 18, 5:59=A0am, "Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]"
<kenslo...@mvps.org> wrote:
> Be aware that the code referenced is Outlook 2007 or later only since it
> makes use of objects such as PropertyAccessor and StorageItem. For earlie=
> versions of Outlook using an alternate API such as CDO 1.21 or Redemption
> would be needed.
>
> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]http://www.slovaktech.com
> Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options.http://www.slova=
ktech.com/products.htm

We are using 2007, but thanks for the heads-up.

bill
0
bill

how do I open files from other versions in Publisher 98?
I have Publisher 98, and am trying to open a Publisher file emailed to me from someone else. I don't know what version they have, but I would guess it's from Windows ME, because I know they don't have XP. And when I try to open it in my Publisher, it says, "Publisher cannot open files from a different version". Is there any update or anything I can download to fix this, or do I have to buy a different version, or is there a way the other person could save their file so that I could open it? Thanks very much. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look...

Update Stock Price
I own Money 2002 and I've periodically done manual and online updates, but is there a way to to an online update for a stocks price that will update the historical price not only for the current day, but for any days I missed in between. Thanks in Advance for any help that can be offered. No. "Nick" <nmoshou@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:039601c398ed$e8473e00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I own Money 2002 and I've periodically done manual and > online updates, but is there a way to to an online update > for a stocks price that will update the historical pric...

Use Copied Outlook PST file as default...How?
If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from one computer to another. Dmahanay <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my > Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Outlook version? > Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from > one computer to another. I think views are registry items and not kept in the PST. -- Brian Tillman My outlook version is 2002. >--...

Install and set up the Microsoft Office Project Add-in for Outlook
The language used by the add-in must match the language used by Outlook. For example, if Outlook uses Japanese, the add-in must also use Japanese,and If the languages do not match, the add-in will not work. How can I download Japanese add-in for Japanese outlook for Microsoft project server 2007 that installed in Engilish? Have you tried the Project Language Pack 2007 SP1? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d322ba67-b199-4503-8aff-6813b320d708 HTH "Bahram" <Bahram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Updated Office, now I'm no longer Registered
Help. I downloaded the Offixe X updates, and went to open Microsoft Word, and all of a sudden, its as if I was installing a brand new product, asking for my information, and product key (which of course, I can't find). Has anyone experienced this? Or, does anyone know if Macs store any kind of registry information? I appreciate any feedback! (other than "losing your registration key was reeeeeally smart!" :)) Thanks so much. Lisette On 12/23/06 11:58 AM, in article 1166903892.442462.51840@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, "lisettea@mac.com" <lisettea@mac.com> wrot...

Setting up own block list (e2k3)
hello all, tried to create my own block list for exchange 2003 but i got an error. using telnet on port 25 ##### 220 xion.hybrid.intra Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.0 ready ... helo 250 xion.hybrid.intra Hello [192.168.0.2] mail from:spam@spam.com 250 2.1.0 spam@spam.com....Sender OK rcpt to:support 421 4.1.0 Dropping connection due to an error on this server Connection to host lost. ##### everything runs fine when i disable my connection filtering rule. someone an idea ? tia ...

OLook Locks up when attempting to delete large file in out box.
Outlook keeps trying to send a file that is way too large. I didn't notice it was so large until after a few days of OL being extremely slow and using up my CPU at 100%. How can I delete this file? I have tried going to the outbox and selecting delete, but it will not delete. Can find the location of the data, but not the file that needs to be deleted. Try the easy fix: Select File, Work Offline, Delete the messages "SNR" wrote: > Outlook keeps trying to send a file that is way too large. I didn't notice > it was so large until after a few days of OL being ext...

Anyway to open a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000?
I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so I can't have them resave it or resend it. Any ideas Thanks! In news:11BBD624-9460-465D-88EE-60230ADB1F33@microsoft.com, buck <create007@yahoo.com> posted: > I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher > 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or > 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so > I ...

Search Multiple Worksheets #2
Is there a way to search trough multiple worksheets for a specific value? Other posts have mentioned to use VBA, but I have never used that before. If anyone can give me some advice on using that or a type of formula to perform that can search multiple worksheets. Thank You There may be other ways but, while holding down the ctrl key select each of the worksheet tabs you want to search in then select Edit|Find from the menu. Type in the value you want and it will go to the first instance of that value. Now if you are wanting to preserve a specifice value for reference or ???, then...

Money 2007 fails additional update
I am trying to use Money 2007 Premium on my new computer (Windows XP SP2) and it installs fine, but when I start Money it notifies me that an additional update is required. It looks like it downloads the files properly but fails the add'l install. I have tried the following: uninstall and install again turn off all virus protection (Panda) firewalls, etc. download directly from the web None of these have helped. I saw one article on this problem that said to remove a Core File, but I can not find it on my computer. Please help. -- Josie In microsoft.public.money, Josie wrote...

Temp file plague
For some reason my XL2000 if saving reams of temp files (X.TMP) in the folder where I open a worksheet. I haven't intentionally set (or re-set) any preferences for that. Does anyone know what's up here? ...

saving file from asp.net
Hi all, I dynamically generate Word Documents from my web application using XmlDocument object and need to save them on a mapped network drive. I use the Save method of XmlDocument object to save documents. Ican save them successfully on local drive on web server. But when I try to save them on a mapped network drive, I get permission denied errors. I made sure that ASPNET had full access right in the folder where I need to save documents. I also tried using UNC path, but that also does not work. Can someone please point to what I may be doing wrong and explain the whole setup proces...

Match formula to match values in multiple columns
Hi all, does any friend know that how can I make below formula work MATCH(A2,$K$2:$M$30,0) I am not sure I have understood correectly. Please go through the below example With data as below if you need to retrive the name of the 1st Rank holder from London. D2 = 1 D3 = London In D4 apply the below formula =INDEX($B$2:$B$9,MATCH(1,($A$2:$A$9=D2)*($C$2:$C$9=D3),0)) Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar'...

"files based on content, not file extension" option issue
Hi, I met a strange question. When I disable "files based on content, not file extension" option in IE browser (IE -->Tools Options-->Security-->Internet zone-->Custom level --> "files based on content, not file extension" disable). When I used IE to access ftp://ftp.microsoft.com via. proxy, such as: ccproxy..etc. IE browser shows HTML source code instead of normal html webpage. Could you take a look? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well...

Noob Question For Selecting Multiple Fields On A Form
Hello... In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and click Edit -> Select All to select all fields on the form. Now, my question is... where in 2007 did the put that functionality? If Microsoft removed it from there... where did they recreate it? Thanks! Squirrel "SQLSQUIRREL" <SQLSQUIRREL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:333547A1-9C6A-422B-9CD5-97D79D6037DF@microsoft.com... > Hello... > > In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and > click Edit -> Select All to se...

backup same set of servers from 2 DPM 2007 servers
I am changing the DPM server 2007. However, I would like to take this opportunity to revise all protection groups so that I can restore bare-metal any server from a single lTO-4 tape if possible. During this "transitional period," I would like to leave the existing backup settings on the older DPM server to continue to run while adding jobs to the new DPM server. Looks like to me that I have to re-install the agent on all servers so that they can be recognized by the new DPM server. IS there a better way to do this if my plan is possible at all? Thanks Bill ...

DPM 2010 Remote Agent Install (windows firewall settings)
I'm looking for the specific ports I need to unblock in order to push the agent from the console. All the documentation references point to firewall settings for the DPM server. I'm only interested in the windows firewall settings on the client (protected machine) necessary to push the agent. If I manually install on the client the installer opens the correct ports on the firewall for the agent to function so I'm not even concerned about those settings. I just need to be able to install/uninstall from the console and have been unable to do so unless I turn off the...

Automatic Update application ignores permissions
I have a managed account on my computer - I've allowed the user to launch all Office applications except the Updater, Remove Office, and the Handheld Sync Installer. However, if the user clicks "Check for updates" in the Help menu in Word, the Updater application launches, and the AU daemon is put in the list of applications to startup on login. I guess this is the place to report such a bug - does anyone know how to prevent the user from launching the Updater application in this way? Does the user account have the "Allow Supporting Programs" box in the allow/disall...

what causes the recently used file list option to be unavailable .
Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct this ? John You don't say which version so try searching the knowledge base http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx With a search string of MRU Disabled in Excel -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "JohnPrice" <JohnPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECA43906-EC33-4B92-8580-39923E449B9C@microsoft.com... > Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct > this ? Hi! So...

Multiple AND OR functions
Is it possible to make this function work? =IF(AND(AND($B9="Z",AE9=35),OR(J9=1,J9="M",J9="C")),1000,IF(AND(AND($B9="A+",AE9=35),OR(J9=1,J9="M",J9="C")),750)) I need to find out if Cell B9 = Z and if Cell AE9 = 35, if this true then check cell J9 and check if it equals 1, M or C then return the value as 1000. (that bit works OK) I also want it to check if an alternative statement is true if the first is false whereby it checks the the same set of cells but this time, check if B9 =A+, if Cell AE9 = 35, if this true then...

convert files
how do I import and sort files from First Choice in ASCII form into excel and fix into columns? -- helpoldlady ...

Multiple copies of E-Mail messages
I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP2 with a Windows XP Professional operating system. Just in the last couple days I've started to experience a problem with incoming e-mail messages. I use Outlook to retrieve e-mail from at least four different accounts, from at least two different servers. When I receive a new e-mail message that is addressed to one of these e-mail accounts, I get two extra copies of that message, and each of these extra copies are addressed to two of my other accounts. So what I end up with is three copies with three different TO: addresses. This only happens ...

cannot filter excel files in "files of type"
I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter based on Excel files in "Files of type". Excel is the listed but other like Word are. The entire Office 2003 suite is installed on the PC and I tried reinstalling to no avail. Also, Customize is grayed-out under the tools menu in Outlook\new mail message. Please help me out. thanks. Sorry, I mean to say Excel is NOT listed under "Files of Type" "wli2k2" wrote: > I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter > based on Excel files in "Files ...

Offline Address Book, Multiple Administrative Groups
Hello, We recently deployed an additional Exchange server in our organization and placed it into its own administrative group, now users on the new server are getting 8004010F errors in Outlook when attempting to download the offline addresss book. The users who are on the original server do not receive these errrors when downloading the address book. If anyone can provide some assitance it would be greatly appreciated. It's look like this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;162703 "jballin" <jballin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

how do i open a publisher file created in new version?
I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a download program I can get to translate these files? "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD8AEDC-8386-4E7B-9D12-DAF429B171A2@microsoft.com... >I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. > I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a > download program I can get to translate these files? There is not a download to tra...