Saving Outlook Email As Text File Extract

Hello Outlook Group:

I'm normally an Access and Excel VBA programmer, but my client wants me to
scrape the text from a select email address and insert it into an Access memo
column.

Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (VBA approach would be fine) so
that when an email is received in a selected account, the message would also
be extracted to a directory as a text file and then the Outlook message would
be moved to some history folder.

Once the text file exists in a predefined folder , I will just have Access
periodically check the folder for files, grab the text, insert it into the
column, and delete the text file).

Ideas?

Thanks,
--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

Here's an example:
http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?lang=en&mnu=2&smp=7&cmd=showitem

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Wed, 5 May 2010 17:37:01 -0700 schrieb Rich Locus:

> Hello Outlook Group:
>
> I'm normally an Access and Excel VBA programmer, but my client wants me to
> scrape the text from a select email address and insert it into an Access
memo
> column.
>
> Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (VBA approach would be fine) so
> that when an email is received in a selected account, the message would
also
> be extracted to a directory as a text file and then the Outlook message
would
> be moved to some history folder.
>
> Once the text file exists in a predefined folder , I will just have Access
> periodically check the folder for files, grab the text, insert it into the
> column, and delete the text file).
>
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks,
0
Michael
5/6/2010 6:44:29 AM
Excellent Solution!!!
Thanks very much for taking the time.
--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

"Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Here's an example:
> http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?lang=en&mnu=2&smp=7&cmd=showitem
>
> --
> Best regards
> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>   Category Manager - Manage and share your categories:
>   SAM - The Sending Account Manager:
>   <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en>
>

> Am Wed, 5 May 2010 17:37:01 -0700 schrieb Rich Locus:
>
> > Hello Outlook Group:
> >
> > I'm normally an Access and Excel VBA programmer, but my client wants me to
> > scrape the text from a select email address and insert it into an Access
> memo
> > column.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (VBA approach would be fine) so
> > that when an email is received in a selected account, the message would
> also
> > be extracted to a directory as a text file and then the Outlook message
> would
> > be moved to some history folder.
> >
> > Once the text file exists in a predefined folder , I will just have Access
> > periodically check the folder for files, grab the text, insert it into the
> > column, and delete the text file).
> >
> > Ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> .

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

data input in text box

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2