Retrieve Meeting Response Text Associated with an Appointment

How do I retrieve the text of meeting responses associated with an appointment?

I have redeveloped a macro which produces a word document listing the 
meeting response status of invitees to an appointment.  I would like, for 
those who declined, to include the body of the meeting response (ie., where 
the invitee has chosen to "Edit response before sending."  While the Meeting 
Response Status is a Recipient property, the text of the response is not.

Any ideas?  I'm including the macro below:

Public Sub PrintAttendees()
'  Gather data from an opened appointment and print to
'  Word.  This provides a way to print the attendee list with their
'  response, which Outlook will not do on its own.

' Set up Outlook
Dim objApp As Outlook.Application
Dim objItem As Object
Dim objSelection As Selection
Dim objAttendees As Outlook.Recipients
Dim objAttendeeReqNR As String
Dim objAttendeeReqO As String
Dim objAttendeeReqT As String
Dim objAttendeeReqA As String
Dim objAttendeeReqD As String
Dim objAttendeeOptNR As String
Dim objAttendeeOptO As String
Dim objAttendeeOptT As String
Dim objAttendeeOptA As String
Dim objAttendeeOptD As String
Dim countAttendeeNR As Integer
Dim countAttendeeO As Integer
Dim countAttendeeT As Integer
Dim countAttendeeA As Integer
Dim countAttendeeD As Integer
Dim objOrganizer As String
Dim dtStart As Date
Dim dtEnd As Date
Dim strSubject As String
Dim strLocation As String
Dim strNotes As String
Dim strMeetStatus As String
Dim strUnderline As String ' Horizontal divider line


' Set up Word
Dim objWord As Object
Dim objdoc As Object
Dim wordRng As Object
Dim wordPara As Object

On Error Resume Next

Set objApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set objItem = objApp.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
Set objSelection = objApp.ActiveExplorer.Selection
Set objAttendees = objItem.Recipients

Set objWord = GetObject(, "Word.application")
If objWord Is Nothing Then
 Set objWord = CreateObject("word.application")
End If

strUnderline = String(50, "_") ' use 50 underline characters

On Error GoTo EndClean:

' check for user problems with none or too many items open
Select Case objSelection.Count
    Case 0
      MsgBox "No appointment was opened.  Please open one appointment."
      GoTo EndClean:
    Case Is > 1
      MsgBox "Too many items were selected.  Just select one!!!"
      GoTo EndClean:
End Select

' Is it an appointment
If objItem.Class <> 26 Then
  MsgBox "You First Need To open The Appointment to Print."
  GoTo EndClean:
End If

' Get the data
dtStart = objItem.Start
dtEnd = objItem.End
strSubject = objItem.Subject
strLocation = objItem.Location
strNotes = objItem.Body
objOrganizer = objItem.Organizer
objAttendeeReq = ""
objAttendeeOpt = ""
countAttendeeNR = 0
countAttendeeO = 0
countAttendeeT = 0
countAttendeeA = 0
countAttendeeD = 0

' Get The Attendee List
For x = 1 To objAttendees.Count
   If objAttendees(x).Name = strLocation Then
     GoTo EndofLoop
   End If
   strMeetStatus = ""
   Select Case objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus
     Case 0
       strMeetStatus = "No Response"
     Case 1
       strMeetStatus = "Organizer"
     Case 2
       strMeetStatus = "Tentative"
     Case 3
       strMeetStatus = "Accepted"
     Case 4
       strMeetStatus = "Declined"
   End Select
  
   If objAttendees(x).Type = olRequired Then
    If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 0 Then
        If objAttendees(x).Name = objOrganizer Then
            objAttendeeReqO = objAttendeeReqO & objAttendees(x).Name & vbTab 
& "Organiser" & vbCr
            countAttendeeO = countAttendeeO + 1
        Else
            objAttendeeReqNR = objAttendeeReqNR & objAttendees(x).Name & 
vbTab & strMeetStatus & vbCr
            countAttendeeNR = countAttendeeNR + 1
        End If
    Else
        If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 1 Then
            objAttendeeReqO = objAttendeeReqO & objAttendees(x).Name & vbTab 
& strMeetStatus & vbCr
            countAttendeeO = countAttendeeO + 1
        Else
            If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 2 Then
                objAttendeeReqT = objAttendeeReqT & objAttendees(x).Name & 
vbTab & strMeetStatus & vbCr
                countAttendeeT = countAttendeeT + 1
            Else
                If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 3 Then
                    objAttendeeReqA = objAttendeeReqA & objAttendees(x).Name 
& vbTab & strMeetStatus & vbCr
                    countAttendeeA = countAttendeeA + 1
                Else
                    objAttendeeReqD = objAttendeeReqD & objAttendees(x).Name 
& vbTab & strMeetStatus & vbCr
                    countAttendeeD = countAttendeeD + 1
                End If
            End If
        End If
    End If
   Else
    If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 0 Then
      objAttendeeOptNR = objAttendeeOptNR & objAttendees(x).Name & vbTab & 
strMeetStatus & vbCr
      countAttendeeNR = countAttendeeNR + 1
    Else
        If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 1 Then
            objAttendeeOptO = objAttendeeOptO & objAttendees(x).Name & vbTab 
& strMeetStatus & vbCr
            countAttendeeO = countAttendeeO + 1
        Else
            If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 2 Then
                objAttendeeOptT = objAttendeeOptT & objAttendees(x).Name & 
vbTab & strMeetStatus & vbCr
                countAttendeeT = countAttendeeT + 1
            Else
                If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 3 Then
                    objAttendeeOptA = objAttendeeOptA & objAttendees(x).Name 
& vbTab & strMeetStatus & vbCr
                    countAttendeeA = countAttendeeA + 1
                Else
                    objAttendeeOptD = objAttendeeOptD & objAttendees(x).Name 
& vbTab & strMeetStatus & vbCr
                    countAttendeeD = countAttendeeD + 1
                End If
            End If
        End If
    End If
   End If
EndofLoop:
Next
 
' Word: Open a new doc and fill it

objWord.Visible = True
Set objdoc = objWord.Documents.Add
Set objdoc = objWord.ActiveDocument
Set wordRng = objdoc.Range
objdoc.Paragraphs.TabStops.ClearAll
objdoc.Paragraphs.TabStops.Add Position:=180

With wordRng
    .Font.Bold = True
    .Font.Italic = False
    .Font.Size = 14
    .InsertAfter "Subject:  " & strSubject
    .InsertParagraphAfter
    .InsertAfter strUnderline
    .InsertParagraphAfter
    .InsertParagraphAfter
End With

Set wordPara1 = wordRng.Paragraphs(4)
With wordPara1.Range
    .Font.Bold = False
    .Font.Italic = False
    .Font.Size = 12
    .InsertAfter "Organiser:" & vbTab & objOrganizer
    .InsertParagraphAfter
    .InsertAfter "Location:" & vbTab & strLocation
    .InsertParagraphAfter
    .InsertParagraphAfter
    .InsertAfter "Start:    " & dtStart
    .InsertParagraphAfter
    .InsertAfter "End:     " & dtEnd
    .InsertParagraphAfter
    .InsertParagraphAfter
    .InsertAfter "Required: "
    .InsertParagraphAfter
    .InsertAfter objAttendeeReqO
    .InsertAfter objAttendeeReqA
    .InsertAfter objAttendeeReqT
    .InsertAfter objAttendeeReqNR
    .InsertAfter objAttendeeReqD
    .InsertParagraphAfter
    .InsertAfter "Optional: "
    .InsertParagraphAfter
    .InsertAfter objAttendeeOptO
    .InsertAfter objAttendeeOptA
    .InsertAfter objAttendeeOptT
    .InsertAfter objAttendeeOptNR
    .InsertAfter objAttendeeOptD
    .InsertParagraphAfter
End With
  
Set wordPara1a = wordRng.Paragraphs.Last
With wordPara1a.Range
    .Font.Size = 12
    .InsertAfter "Organiser:" & vbTab & countAttendeeO & vbCr
    .InsertAfter "Accepted:" & vbTab & countAttendeeA & vbCr
    .InsertAfter "Tentative:" & vbTab & countAttendeeT & vbCr
    .InsertAfter "No Response:" & vbTab & countAttendeeNR & vbCr
    .InsertAfter "Declined:" & vbTab & countAttendeeD & vbCr
    .InsertParagraphAfter
End With
  
Set wordPara2 = wordRng.Paragraphs.Last
With wordPara2.Range
    .Font.Size = 14
    .InsertAfter strUnderline & vbCr
    .InsertParagraphAfter
    .InsertAfter "Notes" & vbCr
    .InsertParagraphAfter
End With

Set wordPara3 = wordRng.Paragraphs.Last
With wordPara3.Range
    .Font.Size = 12
    .InsertAfter strNotes
End With

EndClean:
Set objApp = Nothing
Set objItem = Nothing
Set objSelection = Nothing
Set objAttendees = Nothing
Set objWord = Nothing
Set objdoc = Nothing
Set wordRng = Nothing
Set wordPara = Nothing

End Sub

0
Utf
12/8/2009 9:00:01 AM
outlook.program_vba 490 articles. 0 followers. Follow

1 Replies
846 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 28


If haven't checked it, but I think you need to look at the emails, i.e.
responses, you've received in order to get the body.

-- 
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

  : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool
  : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting
  : <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>


Am Tue, 8 Dec 2009 01:00:01 -0800 schrieb Peter646:

> How do I retrieve the text of meeting responses associated with an
appointment?
> 
> I have redeveloped a macro which produces a word document listing the 
> meeting response status of invitees to an appointment.  I would like, for 
> those who declined, to include the body of the meeting response (ie.,
where 
> the invitee has chosen to "Edit response before sending."  While the
Meeting 
> Response Status is a Recipient property, the text of the response is not.
> 
> Any ideas?  I'm including the macro below:
> 
> Public Sub PrintAttendees()
> '  Gather data from an opened appointment and print to
> '  Word.  This provides a way to print the attendee list with their
> '  response, which Outlook will not do on its own.
> 
> ' Set up Outlook
> Dim objApp As Outlook.Application
> Dim objItem As Object
> Dim objSelection As Selection
> Dim objAttendees As Outlook.Recipients
> Dim objAttendeeReqNR As String
> Dim objAttendeeReqO As String
> Dim objAttendeeReqT As String
> Dim objAttendeeReqA As String
> Dim objAttendeeReqD As String
> Dim objAttendeeOptNR As String
> Dim objAttendeeOptO As String
> Dim objAttendeeOptT As String
> Dim objAttendeeOptA As String
> Dim objAttendeeOptD As String
> Dim countAttendeeNR As Integer
> Dim countAttendeeO As Integer
> Dim countAttendeeT As Integer
> Dim countAttendeeA As Integer
> Dim countAttendeeD As Integer
> Dim objOrganizer As String
> Dim dtStart As Date
> Dim dtEnd As Date
> Dim strSubject As String
> Dim strLocation As String
> Dim strNotes As String
> Dim strMeetStatus As String
> Dim strUnderline As String ' Horizontal divider line
> 
> 
> ' Set up Word
> Dim objWord As Object
> Dim objdoc As Object
> Dim wordRng As Object
> Dim wordPara As Object
> 
> On Error Resume Next
> 
> Set objApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
> Set objItem = objApp.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
> Set objSelection = objApp.ActiveExplorer.Selection
> Set objAttendees = objItem.Recipients
> 
> Set objWord = GetObject(, "Word.application")
> If objWord Is Nothing Then
>  Set objWord = CreateObject("word.application")
> End If
> 
> strUnderline = String(50, "_") ' use 50 underline characters
> 
> On Error GoTo EndClean:
> 
> ' check for user problems with none or too many items open
> Select Case objSelection.Count
>     Case 0
>       MsgBox "No appointment was opened.  Please open one appointment."
>       GoTo EndClean:
>     Case Is > 1
>       MsgBox "Too many items were selected.  Just select one!!!"
>       GoTo EndClean:
> End Select
> 
> ' Is it an appointment
> If objItem.Class <> 26 Then
>   MsgBox "You First Need To open The Appointment to Print."
>   GoTo EndClean:
> End If
> 
> ' Get the data
> dtStart = objItem.Start
> dtEnd = objItem.End
> strSubject = objItem.Subject
> strLocation = objItem.Location
> strNotes = objItem.Body
> objOrganizer = objItem.Organizer
> objAttendeeReq = ""
> objAttendeeOpt = ""
> countAttendeeNR = 0
> countAttendeeO = 0
> countAttendeeT = 0
> countAttendeeA = 0
> countAttendeeD = 0
> 
> ' Get The Attendee List
> For x = 1 To objAttendees.Count
>    If objAttendees(x).Name = strLocation Then
>      GoTo EndofLoop
>    End If
>    strMeetStatus = ""
>    Select Case objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus
>      Case 0
>        strMeetStatus = "No Response"
>      Case 1
>        strMeetStatus = "Organizer"
>      Case 2
>        strMeetStatus = "Tentative"
>      Case 3
>        strMeetStatus = "Accepted"
>      Case 4
>        strMeetStatus = "Declined"
>    End Select
>   
>    If objAttendees(x).Type = olRequired Then
>     If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 0 Then
>         If objAttendees(x).Name = objOrganizer Then
>             objAttendeeReqO = objAttendeeReqO & objAttendees(x).Name &
vbTab 
> & "Organiser" & vbCr
>             countAttendeeO = countAttendeeO + 1
>         Else
>             objAttendeeReqNR = objAttendeeReqNR & objAttendees(x).Name & 
> vbTab & strMeetStatus & vbCr
>             countAttendeeNR = countAttendeeNR + 1
>         End If
>     Else
>         If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 1 Then
>             objAttendeeReqO = objAttendeeReqO & objAttendees(x).Name &
vbTab 
> & strMeetStatus & vbCr
>             countAttendeeO = countAttendeeO + 1
>         Else
>             If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 2 Then
>                 objAttendeeReqT = objAttendeeReqT & objAttendees(x).Name & 
> vbTab & strMeetStatus & vbCr
>                 countAttendeeT = countAttendeeT + 1
>             Else
>                 If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 3 Then
>                     objAttendeeReqA = objAttendeeReqA &
objAttendees(x).Name 
> & vbTab & strMeetStatus & vbCr
>                     countAttendeeA = countAttendeeA + 1
>                 Else
>                     objAttendeeReqD = objAttendeeReqD &
objAttendees(x).Name 
> & vbTab & strMeetStatus & vbCr
>                     countAttendeeD = countAttendeeD + 1
>                 End If
>             End If
>         End If
>     End If
>    Else
>     If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 0 Then
>       objAttendeeOptNR = objAttendeeOptNR & objAttendees(x).Name & vbTab & 
> strMeetStatus & vbCr
>       countAttendeeNR = countAttendeeNR + 1
>     Else
>         If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 1 Then
>             objAttendeeOptO = objAttendeeOptO & objAttendees(x).Name &
vbTab 
> & strMeetStatus & vbCr
>             countAttendeeO = countAttendeeO + 1
>         Else
>             If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 2 Then
>                 objAttendeeOptT = objAttendeeOptT & objAttendees(x).Name & 
> vbTab & strMeetStatus & vbCr
>                 countAttendeeT = countAttendeeT + 1
>             Else
>                 If objAttendees(x).MeetingResponseStatus = 3 Then
>                     objAttendeeOptA = objAttendeeOptA &
objAttendees(x).Name 
> & vbTab & strMeetStatus & vbCr
>                     countAttendeeA = countAttendeeA + 1
>                 Else
>                     objAttendeeOptD = objAttendeeOptD &
objAttendees(x).Name 
> & vbTab & strMeetStatus & vbCr
>                     countAttendeeD = countAttendeeD + 1
>                 End If
>             End If
>         End If
>     End If
>    End If
> EndofLoop:
> Next
>  
> ' Word: Open a new doc and fill it
> 
> objWord.Visible = True
> Set objdoc = objWord.Documents.Add
> Set objdoc = objWord.ActiveDocument
> Set wordRng = objdoc.Range
> objdoc.Paragraphs.TabStops.ClearAll
> objdoc.Paragraphs.TabStops.Add Position:=180
> 
> With wordRng
>     .Font.Bold = True
>     .Font.Italic = False
>     .Font.Size = 14
>     .InsertAfter "Subject:  " & strSubject
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
>     .InsertAfter strUnderline
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
> End With
> 
> Set wordPara1 = wordRng.Paragraphs(4)
> With wordPara1.Range
>     .Font.Bold = False
>     .Font.Italic = False
>     .Font.Size = 12
>     .InsertAfter "Organiser:" & vbTab & objOrganizer
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
>     .InsertAfter "Location:" & vbTab & strLocation
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
>     .InsertAfter "Start:    " & dtStart
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
>     .InsertAfter "End:     " & dtEnd
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
>     .InsertAfter "Required: "
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
>     .InsertAfter objAttendeeReqO
>     .InsertAfter objAttendeeReqA
>     .InsertAfter objAttendeeReqT
>     .InsertAfter objAttendeeReqNR
>     .InsertAfter objAttendeeReqD
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
>     .InsertAfter "Optional: "
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
>     .InsertAfter objAttendeeOptO
>     .InsertAfter objAttendeeOptA
>     .InsertAfter objAttendeeOptT
>     .InsertAfter objAttendeeOptNR
>     .InsertAfter objAttendeeOptD
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
> End With
>   
> Set wordPara1a = wordRng.Paragraphs.Last
> With wordPara1a.Range
>     .Font.Size = 12
>     .InsertAfter "Organiser:" & vbTab & countAttendeeO & vbCr
>     .InsertAfter "Accepted:" & vbTab & countAttendeeA & vbCr
>     .InsertAfter "Tentative:" & vbTab & countAttendeeT & vbCr
>     .InsertAfter "No Response:" & vbTab & countAttendeeNR & vbCr
>     .InsertAfter "Declined:" & vbTab & countAttendeeD & vbCr
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
> End With
>   
> Set wordPara2 = wordRng.Paragraphs.Last
> With wordPara2.Range
>     .Font.Size = 14
>     .InsertAfter strUnderline & vbCr
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
>     .InsertAfter "Notes" & vbCr
>     .InsertParagraphAfter
> End With
> 
> Set wordPara3 = wordRng.Paragraphs.Last
> With wordPara3.Range
>     .Font.Size = 12
>     .InsertAfter strNotes
> End With
> 
> EndClean:
> Set objApp = Nothing
> Set objItem = Nothing
> Set objSelection = Nothing
> Set objAttendees = Nothing
> Set objWord = Nothing
> Set objdoc = Nothing
> Set wordRng = Nothing
> Set wordPara = Nothing
> 
> End Sub
0
Michael
12/9/2009 9:21:18 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Limiting The Amount of Text
Hi, Is there a way I can limit the amount of Text I can enter into th cells of a selected column? For example, when listing on eBay, the description bar on eBay i limited to 40 characters. Since I list items on eBay with Excel, i would save me a lot of time if I were able to lock the cells in m "Description" column to 40 characters instead of going back an counting all the characters in those cells. Is this doable ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum....

Scatter graph with text as marker ?
How do I replace the data point markers (diamond, star etc.) with text which is unique for each data point? Example .. Lets say we have this dataset: Name: Alfa Beta Gamma X: 1 2 3 Y: 2 4 8 The goal is to replace the ordinary markers with the word "Alfa" for the point (1,2), "Beta" for the point (2,4) and so on... ? - Dag How about adding the alfa, beta, etc. as data labels (use Rob Bovey's XY Chartlabeler available from www.appspro.com). Center the labels and set the marker to none (double-click the plotted series, then the Patterns tab). -- Regards, Tush...

Text Format in Tables...
I have a user that is always putting data into the tables with her caps lock on. I have told her several times not to. Is there a way to format all the text in a table to make it sentence case??? First, I am assuming that you aren't allowing a user to enter data directly into tables. If you are, you might strongly want to consider using a form for this instead. There are multiple advantages to using forms instead of directly entering into tables, controlling casing is one of them. Now; to alter the casing, you might try looking in the Access help file at the StrConv function...

Remove Drive w/ selection based on associated DOS drive letter
I am trying to find a way to call CM_Query_And_Remove_SubTree() or SetupDiRemoveDevice() on the basis of the associated DOS drive letter. There seem to be multiple name-spaces for both physical and logical drives. I have found a number of well-hidden bridges for tying some of them together, but have been unable to find one that lets me start with the drive letter and chain down to the ID I need to drive one of the remove functions. Any Suggestions? MetaJack wrote: > I am trying to find a way to call CM_Query_And_Remove_SubTree() or > SetupDiRemoveDevice() on the basis ...

Can a formula be "built" referencing text content from another cel
Hi, and thank you for your help. I have run across this need many times...is there any way to use to contents of one cell, to construct a formula in another cell? Here is my particular requirement. I have worksheets named January, February, March...etc. On a separate Summary Worksheet, I reference the same cells on each of those sheets. For example, I may have in 3 adjacent cells, =January!A1 =February!A1 =March!A1 and then in the next row: =January!A7 =February!A7 =March!A7 etc. It would, obviously, be much easier to "build a f...

How to remove duplicate text with comma seperated
Hi, In VBA how to remove duplicate text seperated by comma example : Example : One Cells contained Before - AE,AE,DE,BE,CE,CE,FE,GE,GE After - AE,DE,BE,CE,FE,GE Can some one give me the code.Thanks On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 07:42:20 -0800 (PST), geniusideas <geniusideas@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >In VBA how to remove duplicate text seperated by comma example : > >Example : One Cells contained > >Before - AE,AE,DE,BE,CE,CE,FE,GE,GE > >After - AE,DE,BE,CE,FE,GE > >Can some one give me the code.Thanks ==========================...

Inherit from window form, text box is protected ?
Hi, I have a base form, it has 2 textboxs (textbox1, textbox2). When I inherit a new form from the base form, all of the textbox controls appear correctly, however, when I try to add below code on the new form in order to assign a value to textbox1, e.g. textbox1.Text = "123"; the compiler said the "textbox1.Text is inaccessible due to its protection level" how can I fix it ? Thanks, Marcus marcusy3k wrote: > Hi, > > I have a base form, it has 2 textboxs (textbox1, textbox2). > > When I inherit a new form from the base ...

Default font when changing from Plain text to HTML
In Outlook 2003: When I change a plain text mail to HTML, the font automatically becomes Times Roman 10 Point. How do I set the font I'd like it to change to Change your default Plain Text font in; Tools-> Options...-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Allan TFF" <AllanTFF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A8D931E-...

CSliderCtrl : Overwriting the tooltip text
Hello All, I would like to change the text from the default tooltip of a Slider control. The default settings show the position but I would like to show a range name instead. Anyone knows how to do this? Regards, Well, I found a way... I have created an object CToolTipCtrl which I update the rect to reflect the thumb rect position and the text in WS_HSSCROLL and NM_RELEASEDCAPTURE with the functions UpdateTipText() and SetToolRect(). Don`t know if there are better ways to do it but this work well for now. "Keaven Pineau" <keavenpineau-no-more-spam@v...

PowerPoint 2007 Org Chart Text Box Autofitting Option
I am working in PowerPoint 2007 (Windows 7). I've created an Org Chart, but I want the text to STOP autofitting in my Org Chart text boxes. I right-click on the text box, I click on Format Shape. In the dialog box that opens, I click on the Text Box option on the left. On the right, the option to Stop Autofitting is dimmed, as are several others. In PowerPoint 2003, there was a Fit Text toggle on the Org Chart toolbar that did this for me. Thanks. Annoying isn't it? The only way I've figured out to do it is to select the box or the whole chart and set a font...

Excel 2007
I have a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 where the wrap text function is not working properly. The text height is getting cut off before the full text displays. The AutoFit Row Height function does nothing. There is no merging or anything unusual in the workbook. By the way, the print preview does display the full text of the cell, but the regular worksheet view does not show the full cell. I have looked at the maximum height (which is 409 pts) and my rows are not at that height, so I'm not sure what's causing the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated! After spending hours ...

Changing text in title bar
I want to change the display in my opportunity title bars. Basically, I want to be able to do something similar to contacts. In contacts form, both the first name and surname are displayed in the title bar as a full name. In the opportunity form, I want to change the display so both the opportunity title and the job number it has been assigned are shown. I realise this may be difficult to change in an existing form, but I'm hoping someone can help. Failing that, I have another custom form that I want the same functionality for (i.e. the primary field of the entity plus the value of the...

Outlook
When I reply to or forward an e-mail, my signature text is a very light yellow (as well as the text of the e-mail I am replying to, in some cases). I have checked in the options and the text SHOULD be blue. Any ideas? "brandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02b301c398d5$160f3fe0$a401280a@phx.gbl>... > When I reply to or forward an e-mail, my signature text > is a very light yellow (as well as the text of the e-mail > I am replying to, in some cases). I have checked in the > options and the text SHOULD be blue. Any ideas...

Problem setting text on a userform's "label"
I have a Userform that contains a Label form and here is the initialize code: -------------------------------------------- Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() . . Call SetMyLabel ' procedure call End Sub ---------------------------------------------- Public Sub SetMyLabel() Dim s1, s2 as String s1 = "Hello " s2 = "World!" UserForm1.Label1.Caption = s1 & s2 ' This code has no effect End Sub ----------------------------------------------- So, when this code runs, my label ends up being blank....

Subject: retrieving the XmlEnumAttribute values for an Enum
I have an enum defined as public enum velocityUom { /// <remarks/> [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlEnumAttribute("m/s")] ms, /// <remarks/> [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlEnumAttribute("cm/a")] cma, ... } This class was generated by xsd.exe, from a schema like <xsd:simpleType name="velocityUom"> <xsd:enumeration value="m/s"/> <xsd:enumeration value="cm/a"/> .... </xsd:restriction> </xsd:simpleType> I would like to retrieve the XmlEnu...

How to associate XML with XSD
Hi all, I've decided it's time to get a little bit smarter about how I deal with XML in my apps, so I have a couple of really basic questions (that probably demonstrate my complete lack of understanding of the underlying concepts): 1. Assuming that I have an XML file and its associated XSD file, what do I put into the XML file to tell Visual Studio to use the XSD file to wire up intellisense? The examples I've seen using "xmlns" all seem to use an internet URL to specify the schema file, but I don't have a web server... 2. Is there something else that I need ...

Adding text to a listbox from main frame
I am a new poster here, so I hope this is the correct group to put this in... I am a beginner to VC++, and I'm trying to accomplish something that seems like it should be simple. I have a main frame that I've added a child dialog to, called TabCtrlHolder, which acts as a holder for the various pages in my tab control. I then have 6 pages that I can switch through with tab control. On one of these pages, I have a listbox that I need to add data to every time an event occurs. But I can't seem to access the listbox! I've tried the following: classWithListBox cwlb; mainFrm:...

Count specific text only if adjacent cell is blank?
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet with several different employee initials in one cell and sometimes assistant name in the next cell if someone helped them on a project. I want to count the cells of the employee BP only if the cell next to it is blank and they managed the project themselves. Then I want to go to a different totals cell and put in a formula to count employee RS who managed the project alone... etc. etc. I tried using IFBLANK but I am a bit of a novice can't quite figure this out! Any help would be appreciated! Hi With Employee initials in column A, assistants...

View tracked appointments from Outlook
Hi. How can I see witch appointments in my Outlook calendar that's tracked in CRM, and is it possible without open each appointment? Regards Jacob Mondrup Vivant On Oct 29, 9:40=A0pm, "Jacob Mondrup - Vivant" <j...@vivant.dk> wrote: > Hi. > > How can I see witch appointments in my Outlook calendar that's tracked in > CRM, and is it possible without open each appointment? > > Regards > > Jacob Mondrup > Vivant Depends on the view. If it is a list view the icon should be different for tracked appointments. If it is a calendar view, there...

Hyperlink from plain text.
I am importing an Access Query into a sheet of my Excel file. This query has a column that is all hyperlinks. My problem is that instead of importing as a hyperlink, it comes into Excel as plain text. I have used HYPERLINK(A1) to try to convert, but there is a number sign (#) at the start of the plain text. Is there a way I can delete this first character, then use HYPERLINK(A1) to get my hyperlink into a column that is unaffected by data updates? I am using Access and Excel 2002, and I am pretty new to all this, I am currently trying to wrap my brain around macros to see if I can f...

Delete an entire page based on the presence of a text string
I need to delete an entire page based on the presence of a text string. I tried using the code i found in the following post: Deleting a page based on text search 6/18/2007 11:52 AM PST by Damo '_______________________________________ Dim strSearch As String Dim rgeStart As Range Set rgeStart = Selection.Range strSearch = "Subject Teacher :" & Chr(13) With ActiveDocument.Range.Find .Text = strSearch Do While .Execute With .Parent .Select With Selection .Bookmarks("\Page").Range.Delete...

Row Height Adds Blank Space at End of Text
Hi, We have a spreadsheet where the row height is automatically expanded to add extra, blank space at the end of the cells. We manually adjust the row height, save, close, and when we re-open, the space is back. There are no extraneous returns in the cells. Anyone know how to fix this? Auto Fit does not work. Thanks ...

text box printing solid black
I am trying to print a document from publisher e-mailed to me, and the lower portion of the document has 3 grouped text boxes, instead of printing what is written in the text boxes it is printing solid black. I know I've encountered and corrected this before but I can't seem to find the problem!! Help?! On 20 Apr 2004 09:33, "mary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to print a document from publisher e-mailed to me, and the >lower portion of the document has 3 grouped text boxes, instead of >printing what is written in the text ...

Cannot retrieve new emails from free hotmail live account
I have had office 2007 for a month now without major issues. As of Jan 28th I can no longer retrieve any messages (new, moved, marked unread, etc.) using Outlook. I have deleted the account in question, closed outlook, restarted outlook, addec account through Outlook Connector and I still cannot retrieve any mail dated after Jan 28, 2010. Any suggestions? ...

Fill in text forms not working in other programs??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Is it possible to save the fill in text fields as a pdf file? Or can the fill in text function only work in Word? <br><br>Thanks. Not enough detail to answer the question. "Yes" or "No" depending what you want. On 17/04/10 2:01 PM, in article 59bb70c9.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "katykat46@officeformac.com" <katykat46@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Is > it possible to save the...