phone numbers & addresses header disappear (customized contact)

Hi all,

I tried to customized the contact form from the standard library.  exchange
2003/outlook2003 envir.

I just drop one (or any) user defind field from field chooser to the contact
design form.  I just test and run this form and the
Phone Numbers________________________
Addresses___________________________
Do not appear in the header anymore.

Is this supposed to be?  What's the solution to this?

Thank you very much!

What do you mean by "header"?

In the meantime, you might want to get familiar with the quirks of custom
contact forms; see http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=21

FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the
hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I tried to customized the contact form from the standard library.
> exchange
> 2003/outlook2003 envir.
>
> I just drop one (or any) user defind field from field chooser to the
> contact
> design form.  I just test and run this form and the
> Phone Numbers________________________
> Addresses___________________________
> Do not appear in the header anymore.
>
> Is this supposed to be?  What's the solution to this?

0
Sue
1/8/2010 6:25:53 PM
Sue,

Thank you.

In the design mode, I do not see Phone Numbers and Addresses shown up;
But, when you click new contact icon from Outlook to create the new contact,
you see the Phone Numbers before Busness, Home;Busniess Fax;Mobile; and
Addresses before Busness; It's the seperator or group ????

If I customize the contact form and just add any field from field chooser
and run the form and do not see the Phone Numbers shown up?

Can you help me?

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:

> What do you mean by "header"?
>
> In the meantime, you might want to get familiar with the quirks of custom
> contact forms; see http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=21
>
> FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the
> hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
>      Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
>

> "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I tried to customized the contact form from the standard library.
> > exchange
> > 2003/outlook2003 envir.
> >
> > I just drop one (or any) user defind field from field chooser to the
> > contact
> > design form.  I just test and run this form and the
> > Phone Numbers________________________
> > Addresses___________________________
> > Do not appear in the header anymore.
> >
> > Is this supposed to be?  What's the solution to this?
>

> .

Checked the link you sent to me.  should we call phone numbers and addresses
"Layout"????

"ed" wrote:

> Sue,
>
> Thank you.
>
> In the design mode, I do not see Phone Numbers and Addresses shown up;
> But, when you click new contact icon from Outlook to create the new contact,
> you see the Phone Numbers before Busness, Home;Busniess Fax;Mobile; and
> Addresses before Busness; It's the seperator or group ????
>
> If I customize the contact form and just add any field from field chooser
> and run the form and do not see the Phone Numbers shown up?
>
> Can you help me?
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > What do you mean by "header"?
> >
> > In the meantime, you might want to get familiar with the quirks of custom
> > contact forms; see http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=21
> >
> > FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the
> > hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
> > --
> > Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> >    Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
> >      Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
> >     http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
> >

> > "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > I tried to customized the contact form from the standard library.
> > > exchange
> > > 2003/outlook2003 envir.
> > >
> > > I just drop one (or any) user defind field from field chooser to the
> > > contact
> > > design form.  I just test and run this form and the
> > > Phone Numbers________________________
> > > Addresses___________________________
> > > Do not appear in the header anymore.
> > >
> > > Is this supposed to be?  What's the solution to this?
> >

> > .

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by that question.
--

> Checked the link you sent to me.  should we call phone numbers and
> addresses
> "Layout"????
>
> "ed" wrote:
>
>> Sue,
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> In the design mode, I do not see Phone Numbers and Addresses shown up;
>> But, when you click new contact icon from Outlook to create the new
>> contact,
>> you see the Phone Numbers before Busness, Home;Busniess Fax;Mobile; and
>> Addresses before Busness; It's the seperator or group ????
>>
>> If I customize the contact form and just add any field from field chooser
>> and run the form and do not see the Phone Numbers shown up?
>>
>> Can you help me?
>>
>> "Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>> > What do you mean by "header"?
>> >
>> > In the meantime, you might want to get familiar with the quirks of
>> > custom
>> > contact forms; see http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=21
>> >
>> > FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down
>> > the
>> > hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface,
>> > at
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
>> >
>> > "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > .

0
Sue
1/9/2010 1:12:40 AM
Sorry that I still can not state my question clearly.

When you create the new outlook contact, you see the phone numbers(such as
business;home...) group together with Phone Numbers header.  But, when you
are in the design mode, I even do not see "Phone Numbers" header shown
anywhere.  How does "Phone Numbers" show in the default contact form when you
create the new contact from outlook?

Thank you.

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:

> Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by that question.
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
>      Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
>

> "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Checked the link you sent to me.  should we call phone numbers and
> > addresses
> > "Layout"????
> >
> > "ed" wrote:
> >
> >> Sue,
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> In the design mode, I do not see Phone Numbers and Addresses shown up;
> >> But, when you click new contact icon from Outlook to create the new
> >> contact,
> >> you see the Phone Numbers before Busness, Home;Busniess Fax;Mobile; and
> >> Addresses before Busness; It's the seperator or group ????
> >>
> >> If I customize the contact form and just add any field from field chooser
> >> and run the form and do not see the Phone Numbers shown up?
> >>
> >> Can you help me?

> .

When you create the new outlook contact from Outlook,
you can see the all phone numbers such as(business,
home...) group together by Phone Numbers header.
But, when you are in the design mode, you do not
see Phone Numbers (words) anywhere in the design mode.
How do they make Phone Numbers to appear in the
outlook contact form?

Thank you!

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:

> Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by that question.
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
>      Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
>

> "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Checked the link you sent to me.  should we call phone numbers and
> > addresses
> > "Layout"????
> >
> > "ed" wrote:
> >
> >> Sue,
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> In the design mode, I do not see Phone Numbers and Addresses shown up;
> >> But, when you click new contact icon from Outlook to create the new
> >> contact,
> >> you see the Phone Numbers before Busness, Home;Busniess Fax;Mobile; and
> >> Addresses before Busness; It's the seperator or group ????
> >>
> >> If I customize the contact form and just add any field from field chooser
> >> and run the form and do not see the Phone Numbers shown up?
> >>
> >> Can you help me?

> .

I think I've said this several times both in this thread and the other one
you started on this topic: Once you modify the main page of the contact
form, it will not look like the standard form. That's simply the way the
contact form works, and all contact form designers have to deal with that
fact.

If you want to add the words "Phone Numbers" to your design, use a label
control.
--

> When you create the new outlook contact from Outlook,
> you can see the all phone numbers such as(business,
> home...) group together by Phone Numbers header.
> But, when you are in the design mode, you do not
> see Phone Numbers (words) anywhere in the design mode.
> How do they make Phone Numbers to appear in the
> outlook contact form?
>
> Thank you!
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by that question.
>>
>> "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Checked the link you sent to me.  should we call phone numbers and
>> > addresses

>> .

0
Sue

Contacts -- multiple contacts at one company?
Seems simple and obvious, but how? I want to track several contacts at one company in a Public Folder contact list. There doesn't seem to be any decent way to link multiple contacts together, or even duplicate an existing contact so I can fill in a different person's name. My needs are simple. I'm not looking for a CRM package. How do I do this? /kenw Ken Wallewein K&M Systems Integration Phone (403)274-7848 Fax (403)275-4535 kenw@kmsi.net www.kmsi.net See the Contacts window in the bottom left corner of an open Contact - that's where. If you add other Contacts t...

Global Customers #2
Hi Does anyone know if it is possible to change a global customers info at the store level? We run into problems when a customer comes in and wants to change their phone number and the cashier cannot do this. We are currently running HQ V1.3 We have a Store and HQ Utilities that are a whole series of add-ons bundled together. Amongst which there is one that allows you to change the Global Customer info from store. For more info contact me. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "mbonin" <mbonin@discussions.microsoft.com&...

getting addresses from 2000 to 2002
I am having trouble getting email addresses I added in outlook 2000 on a 98 box to outlook 2002 on an XP box. We are on an exchange server and for some reason when I added addresses to my address book they did not get saved on the exchange server. Now I can't see them on my XP box. Any ideas how I can get those addresses from my 98 box to my XP box?......thanks....Dave Where were the addresses being stored were they in the Mailbox Contact folder or were they in a PAB (Personal Address Book). "Dave" <dfinkenbinder@lextron-inc.com> wrote in message news:1bfe401c4217...

Figuring out how to use a custom membership provider.
My web application handles membership in different organizations. Based on the means by which a user has reached the login screen, the application has already determined which organization membership should be checked against: Session["organizationId"] = 4; //for example Data on members is stored in a table called Participant CREATE TABLE Participant ( ... organizationId int NOT NULL ... ) I've created a custom membership provider: public class PublicMembershipProvider : SqlMembershipProvider { ... public int Organizat...

SQL Table SOP40500 Sales Master Number Setup
Can some rows be deleted from Sql Table SOP40500 to improve performance? Thank You, Brian ...

Translation of an inbound email address
I have been ask if it is possible to filter an inbound SMTP email address to have a different display name. For example they want joe@yahoo.com that has a display name of Joe Frank to have the display name of Joe Jones when it appears in the end user email box. I can’t find any documentation stating this can be done so if any one can confirm either way I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 05:51:13 -0800, BFT <BFT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been ask if it is possible to filter an inbound SMTP email address to >have a different display ...

Palm V Sync w/ Business Contact Manager
Has anyone been able to get their Palm device to sync with Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. Intellisync does not support this yet. You answered your own question. Once intellisync supports this, then = you should be able to set your preferred .pst file. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Jim <jfjordan@prodigy.net> asked: | Has anyone been able to get their Palm device to sync | with Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. |=20 | Intellisync does...

Editing Contact Information
Does anyone know if there's an easier way to edit contact information? I can't seem to cut and paste text if I need to update or edit someone's email address or other contact information. This a basic function but it doesn't seem to work on Live .. Is this a defect in the system or am I'm missing something? Thank you There are two steps before you can edit: click Edit Contact click one of the categories under Summary You will probably want to click Contact. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Editing Contact Information" wrote in ...

SFO/Web Client Activity Customization..
....it would be great if the next version of CRM allows us to modify the fields/forms of various activities and even create new types of activities. ...

random number #2
how can i create a normally distributed random number and a random number that has a beta distribution i need these both to be integer outputs thanks for the help Use NORMDIST and BETADIST -- Gary's Student "agw8@kent.ac.uk" wrote: > how can i create a normally distributed random number > and a random number that has a beta distribution > i need these both to be integer outputs > thanks for the help I think you meand NORMINV and BETAINV. See my reply under the OP's repeat of this question. It is generally better to reply to your original thread with fol...

Outlook 2007 Address Book 01-21-10
I've just installed Outlook 2007 and it's imported my address book from Outlook 2003 as a single list of contacts/addresses with 150 names! This is too unweildy of course, so I want to divide these up into about 6 or 8 separate groups according to the contact nature. The help advice online does give methods of creating sub-folders but I can't get either of them to work - would appreciate any workarounds please. -- Chris 1-9 (UK) "Chris 1-9" <Chris19@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50F25761-01EC-4EE5-A440-980E48511A8F@microsof...

Importing Contact DL's into DL's on the GAL
Hi Everyone I'm trying to find out how to import distribution lists located in Contacts in an exchange mailbox into exchange so that they are available for everyone on the GAL There are about 1000 DL's so it is not possible to do this one-by-one. The DL's contain Display name and smtp address as members. Please - suggestions :D Thanks Regards Brendon In news:0725098A-95ED-4E7B-8103-62ED2784C3C3@microsoft.com, Brendon B <BrendonB@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi Everyone > > I'm trying to find out how to import distribution lists located in > Co...

Custom number format with colors
Hi, I would like to format my numbers this way: > 0 --> Green = 0 --> Black < 0 --> Red How can I do that? Thanks!! Go to Format->Conditional Formatting... set your specs and click the format button to format the text the way you want. You will do a seperate one for each color. Select the entire sheet first though (CTL-A) -- -John Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "andre.labonte@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to format my numbers this way: > > > 0 --> Green > = ...

Transfer Email address?
I have a user, say user1, with email setup in exchange 2003, as user1@domain.com I now want to delete user1, but keep his email and assign it to user2, so user2's email will be user1@domain.com (will not have a user2@domain.com email) How do I go about doing this?? Change User1@email,com to something else, like User1234@email.com Add user1@email.com address to user2 as an SMTP address. Make it default. Delete user1 account when ready.... "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message news:uhtkSuMBGHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I have a user, say user1, with...

BP Inventory Item number
The field length of the item number in business portal is shorter than what is in Microsoft Dynamics GP. Any sales inventory item that is entered into great plains and is longer than the field requirements of Business Portal, you will have problems with. This may be why the system does weird stuff, like not filling in or saving correctly. Make sure you change it in the purchase order, since it will come across as a non-sales inventory item. This is a problem with Requisition Manager. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wi...

Multiple SMTP Address
If a user is set up to have multiple SMTP address setup in active directory. When they send an email in outlook how can they chose which one it is from. You can only do this, in the setup you describe, by using a 3rd party app such as ChooseFrom from www.ivasoft.biz -- Mark Arnold. "Shane" wrote: > If a user is set up to have multiple SMTP address setup in active directory. > When they send an email in outlook how can they chose which one it is from. On Tue, 31 May 2005 06:41:03 -0700, "Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If a user is s...

How do you copy contacts into an email?
Hello all. Outlook 2000 with all necessary service packs and updates. I want to be able to copy a list of 30 contacts into the body of an email. I have to send emails every now and then with the names of these individuals listed in the body of the email. I already know how to export contacts into an excel spreadsheet. However, Outlook 2k does not give you the choice to export into Word. When I export into excel and I copy more than one name at a time they show up in the email with the gridlines wrapped around the names from the excel spreadsheet. I have removed the gridlines from the...

emailing Outlook contact files
Help, Why am I unable to export my contacts & then attach the ..pst file in an email? I want to use my 97 Outlook contacts on my 200 Outlook on my home machine. Thanks! Export the contacts. then shut down Outlook and reopen. Then try sending the .pst file home. Also, make sure the file size is acceptable to your ISP who usually put a limit of 2-5 mbs for attachments. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Greg <greg@mrcifoundation.info> asked: | Help, | | Why am...

Outlook total number of emails bottom of blue pane how?
I used to have a total count of emails on the bottom of the blue pane. It's gone! E.g. Each folder I used to click on displayed the number of emails on the bottom of the blue navigation pane. All the help boxes say right click on folder - properties and display number but that gives it after each folder name. I don't want that Its ok - View and status bar fixed it - thanks "cstanley" wrote: > I used to have a total count of emails on the bottom of the blue pane. It's > gone! > E.g. Each folder I used to click on displayed the number of emai...

printing outlook contacts
only "table style" available when printing outlook 2000 sp- 3 (9.0.0.6627) contacts, any attempt to change either "page setup" or "define styles" crashes (blue screen) ibm thinkpad t23 ...

Office Standard 2003, no more activations left by phone or online
I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck and need to purchase a new key? Is there a way around this? If its a retail version you can install as often as you like providing you dont exceed the number of *working* PC's its licensed for. If an oem version its only licensed for the origonal PC "BettyBlue" <BettyBlue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A099EC53-A617-4083-83F7-889AECFFAD01@microsoft.com... >I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck >and > need to purchase a new...

Counting number of rows based on mutiple criteria
Does anyone know how to count the number of rows based on mutiple criteria on other columns? For example I want to count the number row that meet the criteria of "Yes" in Col 2 and "Yes" in Col 3. The result would be 2 in the example below. I tried different combinations of Vlookup, Countif and Sumif and could not come up with anything that worked. Col 1 Col2 Col3 A Yes No B Yes Yes C No No D No Yes E Yes Yes Your help is greatly appreciated! Hi, =SUMPRODUCT((B1:B10=&qu...

Touch screen keyboard disappears
Merry Xmas! As someone said earlier, this group of folks rock and are more than making up for MSFT's poor support. My touch screen keyboard (where I have some custom buttons) disappears as soon as I enter a transaction. Screen options (Ctrl+F6 ) does indicate that touch screen keyboard is selected, and selecting OK on that screen brings touch screen keyboard back. This is happening on a machine with eval version of RMS. My production installation is at a different site so trying out my customizations on eval version before implementing them on production version. Elizabeth ...

e-mail address for the office
I need to have one e-mail address for all office use. There are 2 ways. If a make alias - distribution group I can get e-mail, but when I Reply mesg then it's going from user mailing address (not from office@...). 2nd way. I made extra user with e-mail address office@..., I gave rights for this user accnt and this address to users accounts (as addictional mailboxes). I'm getting messages on this acc, but when I'm trying to send something, I don't have permission. Give yourself full mailbox access, send as, and receive as, to be able to open mailbox in Outlook as additio...

Offline Address Book, Multiple Administrative Groups
Hello, We recently deployed an additional Exchange server in our organization and placed it into its own administrative group, now users on the new server are getting 8004010F errors in Outlook when attempting to download the offline addresss book. The users who are on the original server do not receive these errrors when downloading the address book. If anyone can provide some assitance it would be greatly appreciated. It's look like this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;162703 "jballin" <jballin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...