Opening in browser

I've seen the article on howto-outlook.com.

The code is working fine, but is it possible to add to it so that it opens,
prints page 1 then closes the browser?

Basically I need something that will allow users to print the first page of
an email via a macro.

Thanks

What article? What code? What version of Outlook?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Andy Smith" <AndySmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've seen the article on howto-outlook.com.
>
> The code is working fine, but is it possible to add to it so that it
> opens,
> prints page 1 then closes the browser?
>
> Basically I need something that will allow users to print the first page
> of
> an email via a macro.
>
> Thanks

0
Sue
11/16/2009 1:07:26 PM
D'oh sorry!

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/openinbrowser.htm

Outlook 2003/7

Thanks

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:

> What article? What code? What version of Outlook?
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
>      Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
>

> "Andy Smith" <AndySmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've seen the article on howto-outlook.com.
> >
> > The code is working fine, but is it possible to add to it so that it
> > opens,
> > prints page 1 then closes the browser?
> >
> > Basically I need something that will allow users to print the first page
> > of
> > an email via a macro.
> >
> > Thanks
>

> .

AFAIK, printing through the Shell command doesn't offer control over what
pages print, and I have no idea if some more direct API for IE can print a
single page.
--

> D'oh sorry!
>
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/openinbrowser.htm
>
> Outlook 2003/7
>
> Thanks
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> What article? What code? What version of Outlook?
>> --
>> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>>    Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
>>      Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
>>     http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
>>

>> "Andy Smith" <AndySmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I've seen the article on howto-outlook.com.
>> >
>> > The code is working fine, but is it possible to add to it so that it
>> > opens,
>> > prints page 1 then closes the browser?
>> >
>> > Basically I need something that will allow users to print the first
>> > page
>> > of
>> > an email via a macro.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>>

>> .

0
Sue

Opening Excel Opens Too Many Sheets
Don't know what I did recently but when I open Excel, FINANCIAL MANAGER is added to the main menu at the top and several sheets/files are opened that I do not want to open. FINANCIAL MANAGER wasn't there before and I can find no way to take it off the menu. I find no "startup" folder that lists these files that I could delete the shortcuts to - I've looked in the various folders relating to Excel but not found anything that might stop this activity whenever I open Excel. Opening the shortcut I'd been using to get to Excel, it's like a macro starts off and I fin...

The database cannot be opened...
Access 2007, Windows 7 ... When attempting to run a simple import from Excel, I was getting "The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted." Tried a lot of suggestions from the net, none worked. Uninstalled Access, then re-installed. Now getting ... "Microsoft Access can't find the wizard. This wizard has not been installed, or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry, or this wizard has been disabled". There's nothing there in ...

Money 2006 Crashes Opening Calendar
I have been using Microsot Money for years. Upgrading to next version almost every year. I have been using Money 2004 Deluxe for a while. It works great. I tried upgrading to Money 2006 Deluxe ... everything works except when I try to open the Calendar. I get the message "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I tried a lot of different things (repairing the file many times, which shows no errors or no corruption or no broken records). I also just tried to go from 2004 to 2005. This actually works ... so I am now using Mone...

Opening a database 02-14-08
I have a database that in order to see the contents of the database I need to hold down the sift key to open it. Otherwise it will not let me view anything except the switchboard form. I need to change this but I did not design this database. Is there a way to remove this so that anyone can open the database and view all its contents without holding down the shift key? I am using Access 2003. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, dee Go to Tools | Startup and ensure that the Display Database Window box is checked. You can also have it not display the switchboard (should you wa...

Open Quark files in Publisher??
Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in Publisher? Hi MarkG (markg@jflv.org), in the newsgroups you posted: || Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in || Publisher? Nope. You would have to: 1. Attempt to use a copy/paste or drag/drop 2. Export the Quark pages as images supported by Publisher and insert them as images. 3. Export the Quark publication as a Word/RTF/Text item (less the images) and import the text only into Publisher 4. Export the Quark publication as a PDF, the go to ScanSoft.com and get the PDF software for Word/Publisher that allows you to import PDF...

How to open files type .sxw
I can't open open office files from friends with the .sxw file type. I have Windows 98se and office 97. Is there a stand alone free program that I can down load to open such files. I would guess you'd have to download Open Office. "Ernest" <Ernest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:59FD9EAB-CCED-4C88-8A57-F98402427ED0@microsoft.com... > I can't open open office files from friends with the .sxw file type. I = have=20 > Windows 98se and office 97. Is there a stand alone free program that I = can=20 > down load to open such files. In addit...

sp3 connection/browser problem
Hi, I've downloaded sp3 numerous times and each time my browser will not download my home page or other pages, although it says my internet is connected. So I have had to resort to system restore each time. Any help would be appreciated. matt wrote: > Hi, > > I've downloaded sp3 numerous times and each time my browser will not > download my home page or other pages, although it says my internet is > connected. So I have had to resort to system restore each time. > > Any help would be appreciated. ===================================== Are you referring to Win...

Open 2 powerpoint files at 2 monitors
I have 2 monitors link to one computer, and work on one and put reference on the other. This works for Word and Excel files; however for PowerPoint files no matter how many files I open, only one monitor can show PowerPoint file. What I miss here? Is that even possible open 2 PowerPoint files at 2 monitors as Word and Excel? If you want to show a slide show on a monitor while you work on another monitor or if you want to show 2 different slide shows on 2 different monitors, look at PowerShow - http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html If you want to edit 2 differ...

how to avoid IE open a deffirent application when open a new document in IE
hi all I have accountered a trouble. I opened an active document in IE by typing it's name in IE location bar, IE displayed a dialog box ask if I want to ope in place or save the document, I choosed open in place , it worked well, but when I typed another document's name in IE's location bar, als it asked me to open or save agin, I choosed open, but all seemed different, it doesn't work, I inspected the processes , I found another active document application have started by IE, so I think maybe this is the key. anyone has any idea? thanks a lot. ...

Finding, Comparing folder names then opening explorer
Hello i tried posting this earlier, but something seems to be wrong with either my browser or the site, so... i have a project where i have a field that stores the serial number of a product. i need to take the field, trim it to 5 characters and then use it to search a folder and all the subfolders, trimming thier names to the first 5 characters, and then capture the full name of the folder, and use that to open windows explorer at the found folder. so if i have a field with the value "08003" and i want to find that sub-sub-subfolder in the folder "c:\WO\" and then...

Opening attachments and printing using Outlook Rules Wizard
I am looking for a way to automate some email messages. I need to be able to print attachments when an email comes in. I know how to print emails, move them, set catagories, etc..., but I can not find anything that will open the attachment, print it and close the attachment. This can probably be done with a script in Outlook VB for Apps, but I am not a programmer. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you ...

.how open doc attach in exelspreadsheet xls...
what do I need to open an attachment that is in a spreadsheet xls exel spreadsheet. what do I need to download thanks bjs Joe If you just want to view or print the Excel file you can Download and install the Excel Viewer from.... http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx Excel is not included with Windows OS. It is part of MS Office Suite or a stand-alone application. You don't download Excel. You purchase it or Office Suite from a retailer or order from MS on line. They will send you a CD. For info on ordering see this website. http://www.microsoft.com/office/...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

Disabling the open other user's folder feature
We are using Exchange 2003 and have notied that there is a "feature" that allows any user to open another user's folder without having to grant permissions for this. I mean any user can pull over any other user's inbox contents or calendar contents. For us, a financial institution, this is a huge security risk. Even after using an explicit deny permission on a user mailbox we are still able to access the inbox from the denied account. Microsoft has little on their knowledge base about this except to say that, for some insane reason, administrators are denied from ...

How to open a blank form for adding a new record
Hello, I have a form for adding/viewing employee records. I can open the form, view records and using the navigation button, add a new record just fine. However, I'd like to open the form using a command button so that all fields are blank and a new record can immediately been added without having to use the navigation button. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this? TIA, Rich On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:20:02 -0800, rich wrote: > Hello, > > I have a form for adding/viewing employee records. I can open the form, > view records and using the navigation button, add a...

open excel file and copy data to another file
I would like to create a macro that would do the following: 1- Open a closed Excel file located on my drive named "A" and select the sheet named "Sheet1" 2- Copy all data from this sheet starting on cell A1 to the already opened master Excel file named "B" on sheet named "Sheet2" cell A1. Thanks in advance for your help. Try the macro recorder. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:14:02 -0800 (PST), Norvascom <norvascom@gmail.com> wrote: >I would like to create a macro that would do the following: > >1...

Outlook 2003 cannot open Outlook 2000 *.pst files
OL2003 will not open/import an OL2000 *.pst file. The error message received is "the file xxx.pst is not a personal folders file." Was the pst on a CD? If so, did you remove the read-only flag? Did you run scanpst.exe on the file? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://g...

i want excel to show the first tab upon opening, not the second
when i open my spreadsheet, it always opens with the second sheet prominent, rather than the first. how can i change this? Hi, You will need VB for that. Alt+F11 to open VB editor. Double click 'ThisWorkbook' and paste the code below in on the right. For it to work you must enable macros on opening Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.Goto Sheets(2).Range("A1") End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "robs...

Outlook 2000 hangs on opening
I cannot get Outlook 2000 to open. It hangs on the splash screen. All of the other Office 200 programs work. I have tried removing and reinstalling office 2000 and I have downloaded all the updates. Still, Outlook hangs. I have searched the knowledge database and cannot find anything. I'm sure some file has gotten corrupt or has disappeared. HELP! You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlook can't use it at startup to build your toolbars, thus causing the hangups. Try renaming or deleti...

make journal entry for a contact that is open
For managing my business contacts, I like Outlook 2003 functionality better than 2007. How would I safely go about going back to 2003 (I have the cd) without loosing my data. I recently bought and upgraded to Outlook 2007 and don't like it as well. Back up the PST, uninstall outlook 2007, reboot, install 2003. Note that if you are using Office, you'll lose some functionally if the versions don't match. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by ...

Windows browser Parent/Child structure
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C71608.002B0FC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to setup a cell structure such that when I click on it a = "Windows browser Parent/Child structure" opens and closes? Similar to the folders with the "-" and "+" signs of the browser? His = means that an entire set of rows appear or disappear by clicking on the = cell? If so, could you please point me in the right direction so I can do = this. Thanks Erich ...

Open a copy of a doc
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel In Word 2004, my original copy of a document(which is a form) is like the template. I do not want to change the original doc but open it a a copy. I want to automate this process but the recorded macro doesn't seem to show that the doument is a copy rather than the original. When I recorded the macro at a workplace with a Windows machine, the word &quot;copy&quot; appears in the macro. How can I be sure that the macro running on the Mac is opening only a copy? <br><br>Ron Hi Ron: The be...

Why can't the email attachments I send always be opened?
I have problems sending emails with attachments that contain a spreadsheet I made using works task manager and also an attachment of a schedule that was made with works word processor. How can I save these documents in a format that they can be opened when sent as attachments to an email? Hi the recipient of your email has to have a program which can open your files. e.g. MS Works. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cwrogers wrote: > I have problems sending emails with attachments that contain a > spreadsheet I made using works task manager and also an attachment of > a...

Excel opening a "phantom" worksheet at random times
I have a user who will have a phantom Excel spreadsheet, entitled Object, open at random times while she is trying to open another spreadsheet. This Ojbect spreadsheet will stay open, and she can open other spreadsheets, but the only thing that will open is the Menu bar, toolbars, and the status bar. The file itself doesn't open, the space is empty and the user can see the desktop. When this happens, the user has to shut down her machine, not a restart, before she can continue on in Excel. Any ideas? ...

Double click to open a pdf document
I have a form with a list of documents in the harddrive but not inside MS Access. How do open the documents by double clicking on the selected document which are mostly pdf documents? I have the acrobat reader. Application.FollowHyperlink Me.NameOfControlContainingFullPathToPDFFile -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71762D4F-43DB-4237-89D4-D349B38DDB94@microsoft.com... >I have a form with a list of documents in the harddrive but not inside MS > Access....