Hi friends,

I have a PST file in my local hard disk and have requirement to read
PST file and parse through all folders and then each message item in
all folders and then segregate them to different folders based on
subject line.

Please kindly send the code for the above requirement.

Thanks & Regards
Ramesh

--
ramserp
0

You're going to have to write your own code. Do you know anything about
Outlook programming at all? You can start out by looking at information and
code samples at www.outlookcode.com.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"ramserp" <ramserp.5ecf93c@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi friends,
>
> I have a PST file in my local hard disk and have requirement to read
> PST file and parse through all folders and then each message item in
> all folders and then segregate them to different folders based on
> subject line.
>

> Please kindly send the code for the above requirement.
>

> Thanks & Regards
> Ramesh
>

> --
> ramserp

0
Ken

need info on excel
Hi. This is my first time posting to this NG. I visited my accountant today and he recomended me to get Microsoft Excel so that I can stay more organized and present my tax figures easier. I dont know a thing about excel. I have been doing things the old fashion way. I use COrel Word perfect to do documents and make my own graphs and log info to that. But thats it. I went to the web site and I beleive Excel 2003 costs about $200. to upgrade is $109 or so. Is there a cheaper way to get this program or an alternative. Please, is there anyone who can also tell me why excel is go good,what it can ...

Need to create a pie chart
I need to create a pie chart, and I am running into some problems. I has been a long time since I have last done this, and was hoping tha someone could help me. I have a column named COMPLETED. I this column it either has a Y or N. I need to have a Pie chart so that it shows the % of Completed Y and of Completed N. I am having some problems coming up with how to set this up. I hav tried the Chart Wizard, however I am just too confussed. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If your data are in A2:A100 (with A1 as a header), then in some empty rang...

A question in need of an answer
I have put some VBA code into a workbook to enable the ladies in the office to back things up without having to remember more than "left-click the button marked 'Backup' ". I have come to realize this was a bit more than they can handle, so I'm rewriting the code to try to make it even easier. While doing so, I came across an idea that I need info on...is it possible, using vba, to create a new folder (say, naming it the date of the backup) for each time they make the backups? If so, any examples of how? I've posted this before doing much research, but will ...

backing up files
Does anyone know if it is possible to back up my money files to a CD RW disc. Please e-mail an answer to me. Why should I email you an answer when the answer to this question has already been posted three or four times already this week? Please read the posts. "John Koegel" <bigjohn1016@mns.com> wrote in message news:044501c348bf$62e760b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if it is possible to back up my money > files to a CD RW disc. Please e-mail an answer to me. ...

PDF file #7

No date fields appear when exporting/importing CSV file?
Hello All, I need to convert some legacy emails from another system to a format that can be read by Outlook. The preferred format is CSV text, which we plan to import into Outlook. I noticed when playing with the export/import that the following seem to be the standard fields that get exported into an Outlook generated CSV file: "Subject", "Body (text)", "From: (Name)", "From: (Address)", "From: (Type)", "To:(Name)", "To: (Address)", "To: (Type)", "CC: (Name)", "CC: (Address)", "CC: (...

Counting occurences of codes in cells
I have a spreadsheet with various codes separated by periods, in a single cell. Like: C T C,R T,C,R R and so forth. It's easy to count the single codes but how do I cound the "C" when it's with another character? There must be a simple way, without writing code, to do this. Is there? Thanks! maybe... =countif(a1:a10,"*" & "c" & "*") or =countif(a1:a10,"*c*") or if x99 contained the letter c. =countif(a1:a10,"*" & x99 & "*") salgud wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet with various codes separa...

Drag and drop on a recycle bin ... a little help needed
Hello all I have implemented the drag and drop code from The Code project http://www.codeproject.com/shell/explorerdragdrop.asp?msg=420048 but it crashes when the files are dropped on the recycle bin. CCmdTarget::~CCmdTarget() { #ifndef _AFX_NO_OLE_SUPPORT if (m_xDispatch.m_vtbl != 0) ((COleDispatchImpl*)&m_xDispatch)->Disconnect(); ASSERT(m_dwRef <= 1); <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< HERE #endif #ifdef _AFXDLL m_pModuleState = NULL; #endif } Does anyone have an...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

How do I list more opened Word docs under the File menu
Word 2003 displays the last 4 Word files opened on clicking the File menu. I would like to increase this to about 20. Can this be done, and if so, how? In Word 2003, the maximum number that can be shown is 9 and it can be set via Tools>Options>General -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Wellington" <Wellington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9B8C9D4-4F78-4A92-94C6-8DC0D41388...

Code stops for one user, like it has a breakpoint
I have a user where the code stops at this line like it has a breakpoint, but it doesn't. There is no issue on my system. myUserName = Environ("USERNAME") When the user presses F5, it continues to run. Has anyone seen this and what do I need it to do to run without stopping? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Barb The only thing that stikes me about this is the case. I run several files in here that are used by about 50 people every days. Environ("UserName") has never given us a problem (note the use of Proper Case rather than your UPPER). -- ...

Problem with code that inspects thread context and dumps stack trace
Hi! Some years ago, I had to debug a Java application that had a deadlock problem. It wasn't so hard, because I've been told about a JVM command (now, I don't even remember how to activate it!) that dumps the status of all threads in an app, including "what they are waiting for" (locks). Now I'm in the "real" world of C++, Win32 applications and MFC (no virtual machines around!). We have many multithreaded applications: what if some bug causes a dedlock, e.g. in a test scenario? We must inspect it, and I'd like to have a tool to simplify my life. Does s...

Need to create an assembly call for Workflow Activity Creation
We're creating an Activity via a Manual Workflow on the Order. When creating an Activity from that starting point, you only have access to fill a handful of fields (Assign To, Type, Subject, Description, Priority, and Due Date). We need the Activity that's created from this starting point to be able to fill some customized fields that we have on the Task. The only way we figured out that we might be able to accomplish this is by adding an assembly call to the Worfklow. I'm not familiar with coding an assembly callout for CRM in .NET. Does anyone know what resources I co...

Error in coding going from one computer to another.
I have a database that works great on my laptop where it was created. I placed it on our server but I am the only one who can access and work with it. Everyone else gets an error for the String. Any suggestions? This is the actual error: Private Sub Combo230_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[Quality Plan ID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![Combo230], 0)) If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark End Sub where ther error is at 'Str'. Thank you Dyper How about telling us t...

Lost all email and need a way to recover...
I did a "detect and repair" because I had lost the "news" in the "Go" menu and It was not in the customized buttons anymore. So when I did the detect and repair, I lost all email and contact information. Is there a way to recover all the email and contacts? Help Annie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I did a "detect and repair" because I had lost the "news" > in the "Go" menu and It was not in the customized buttons > anymore. So when I did the detect and repair, I lost all > email and conta...

data error while opening files
when i open excel or word existing file i getting contents as "DATAError [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]" instead of my saved data. pls help me solving. My all word & excel files are have same problem. ...

Cannot open Publisher File
I'm using Publisher 2003 and have a 100 MB (66 MB Compressed) publisher file that consitently hangs up publisher when trying to open it. Once in a while, the first page will load, but when you try to switch to another page, the program hangs up again. I've tried several PCs to open the file with including a P4 file server with 2 GB of RAM. nothing seems to make a difference. I can tell through the Task Manager that the app is doing some sort of processor work, but no disk access is being performed. I tried opening the file in Safe Mode and it make some slight improvements w...

integrate my vendor/supplier files from RMS and SBF into Outlook
I want to be able to see my vendor/supplier the same info in outlook, RMS and SBF I hate having to rekey the same information over and over. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-...

Need to Convert to a PDF
I have a 7 page doc that will not convert to a PDF. I can only get one page to convert. Which is the best converting program out there? It is a big file. What .pdf creating program are you using now? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "MCFARLINOFFICE" <MCFARLINOFFICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75F61818-5E0D-4F1E-9F30-27091C99298D@microsoft.com... >I have a 7 page doc that will not convert to a PDF. I can only get one page > to convert. Which is the best converting progr...

How to intercept GP code in Dexterity
I am working through the course material for Dexterity/SanScript and understand that I can "intercept standard GP code" and insert my own procedures. I am a bit unclear on how to "intercept" it. I see that I can use triggers, but how do I know what GP functions or procedures are executing at any given time, so that I know what I'm supposed to intercept, as well as what process(es) I might be interrupting? At this point, I am just learning and do not have a specific task I'm trying to accomplish. I would appreciate all input. Thank you! Mike You can use...

Lost File #2
I have accidently saved over a publisher file and lost all my work. I am aware that I have temp files that may have the data in it but I cannot access any of them. I get an error message saying it is locked or in use by another person but they are not. Can anyone help >-----Original Message----- >I have accidently saved over a publisher file and lost all my work. I am >aware that I have temp files that may have the data in it but I cannot access >any of them. I get an error message saying it is locked or in use by another >person but they are not. > >Can anyon...

Parsing a space delimited file into segments
I have a space delimited file that contains address information. Is there a way to parse each record so that I parse the records into specific portions (Company Name is field 1, Street Address is field 2, etc.)? Using the space as a delimiter doesn't help in this instance because every word is obviously separated by a space. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks. hi, you could use the fixed width option but unless all of the data is the same width that could cause a serious problem. i don't know how much data you have but you may have to do it in groups or 1 line a...

Color coding emails recieved by a single contact
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi <br><br>Can someone please help me here in the Outlook version one could organize the emails reciveived by color coding them, however there is no option in Entourage??? Help????? On 3/24/10 1:43 PM, simrat_Bindra@officeformac.com wrote: > Can someone please help me here in the Outlook version one could > organize the emails reciveived by color coding them, however there is no > option in Entourage??? Help????? Assign a category to the contact and give it ...

Code syntac Question
I have a form with rows of unbound txt boxes and I want to address the boxes in increments of 1. So for examle "txtbox1" , txtbox2 and so on. I Dim an integer 'intLines" in the 'Open event of the form. Dim intLines as Integer intLines = 1 Under certain conditions I want to reference a txt box. Here is my question. I tried [me.txtbox & intLines] me."txtbox" & intLines ["me.txtbox" & intLines] and I think every combination (Its called the "Try everything" coding method). Any suggestions. I hope that makes sense. Thanks ...

3 pst files
I want to have 3 pst files on my Outlook 2003 setup. Is this possible? I have the pst file that I work now and 2 others which are pst files from an old laptop which I want just to be there as separate. How can I do it and shall I do Import or is there any other way. thanks Virginia Don't use the import feature. Simply reconnect the pst-files via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... You can place the pst-file in a location that is convenient to you. For instance in a sub folder of your My Documents folder called "Outlook". -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Out...