instructions disppear when users begin type (text field)

Hi all,

I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text
field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add.
Instructions shows in the field and the instructions disappear when users
click and begin to type.  How should I do this?  exchange 2003/outlook2003

Thank you.

It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're expecting to happen. If
you want the instructions to stay on the screen, you could display them in a
label control.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

> Hi all,
>
> I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text
> field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add.
> Instructions shows in the field and the instructions disappear when users
> click and begin to type.  How should I do this?  exchange 2003/outlook2003
>
> Thank you.

0
Sue

Text color rules
I'd like to make numbers <0 green and numbers <0 red how do i do that? thanks Ponk Format>Conditional Formatting>Cell value is: less than 0, format to green. Add and under Condition2 Cell value is greater than 0, format to red. I am assuming a typo in your original post where you have both <0 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:48:47 +0800, "Ponk" <1@n.l> wrote: >I'd like to make numbers <0 green and numbers <0 red > >how do i do that? > > > >thanks > > Yep that was a typo. thanks! "Gord Di...

Changing file types in vista
I try to download my investment account statement as a .qif file in money but it tells me there are improper headings. The solution it says is to click on the files tab in file associations and go to edit and advanced and check "confirm download" but I'm using Vista and there is no files tab for making this change.... Any help? In microsoft.public.money, Jeff Schmidt wrote: >I try to download my investment account statement as a .qif file in money but >it tells me there are improper headings. The solution it says is to click on >the files tab in file associati...

User input Criteria 01-17-08
Hi All, I want the user to be prompted to input the Criteria. I know that you use the [ any words ]. However I only want them to have to enter the first 4 charaters of the data. I was thinking it would be like this: Like "[Enter the first four characters] *" That doesn't work. What would be my options? Thanks Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200801/1 Try: Like [Enter the first four characters] & "*" -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Per...

Lock fields in subform except two after authorization date is ente
Need assistance from the experts. I used the following code to lock the fields in a subform per a request. Now I have been request to lock all the fields except two in the sub form and I am not sure how to handle this. I tried enabled on the different fields but that did not correct the problem. The goal is to enter data for that record and once an authorization date is entered it would lock the record. Is there a way to allowedits and lock it back if someone needs to change the field StructureKeymark? Thanks in advance to assistance. This is just a few lines for the main fiel...

set field data as control source of another field in a report
In a table I have fields as [a], [b] .... and so on. for each record I have a special calculation, say [a]+[b] for a recored; [a]*[b]*[d] for another recored, and so on. I would like to use these calculation formulas which I have saved in a field of the same record as a calculation (as a data in a seperate field) in a report Have I misunderstood this. When you say that you have a special calculation for each record in your table, do you mean that you have typed the text a + b + c in your table? If yes, may I suggest that you do this in a query grid so that the query shows the result of you...

adjusted hire date field
What table is the employee adjusted hire date in? I need to include in a report and can't seem to find it. Thank you. The Adjusted Hire Date is found in the Payroll Master (UPR00100) and the field is called BENADJDATE. "Patti Anderson" wrote: > What table is the employee adjusted hire date in? I need to include in a > report and can't seem to find it. Thank you. wonderful - thank you so much. "Lori Baker" wrote: > The Adjusted Hire Date is found in the Payroll Master (UPR00100) and the > field is called BENADJDATE. > > "Patti An...

Creating Two Email Accounts On One User Profile
On our old computer we just had one user profile, but when opening outlook we could either chose "MAIN" or "Lori"..... any thoughts on how to? That sounds like you had seperate Outlook Profiles (not windows users) You can either create a new outlook profile & use the other mail account, or set up both email accounts in the current profile - the mail wont be seperate "Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF58C8EB-3629-4ED9-9F84-5435CFCD5C9B@microsoft.com... > On our old computer we just had one user profile, but when openi...

Field font size(s)
Hi, When composing a new message or viewing a contact's details, the size of the font in the fields is quite small due to the resolution of my screen(s). I've tried changing all the settings in Windows display properties (menu, icon text, tooltip text etc) but none affect the size of the font used in say the "To" field, or Subject field, or contact name field. There does not appear to be any option to change this in either Outlook, Word or windows display properties. Does anyone know how to increase the displayed size of the font in these "form" fields? ...

Outlook Express 6 suddenly prints all e-mail in very small type
I have a new Dell system with Windows XP, IE 6 and Outlook Express 6. Normally, everything is normal. Then suddenly OE prints all e-mail messages in very small type, even though in OE on the Menu ==> View ==> Text Size ==> Medium is set. The screen display is medium text. I keep IE 6 set to Text Size Smallest. If I change IE 6's Text Size to Medium, then once this phenomenon starts OE prints out e-mail as medium. For some reason OE starts looking at IE for the font size to use when outputing to the printer, but not the screen. I can correct this situation by using th...

Irregular Shaped Text Box
Is it possible to make a text box that is not completely square or rectangle.....like an "L" shape. -- May Create your text box, create a lineless white rectangle, bring to the front, position it so as the text box wraps an "L" shape for you. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "May" <may@optout.com> wrote in message news:FD6F6070-4498-4935-8C78-59108B766994@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to make a text box that is not completely square or > rectangle.....like an "L" shape. > -- > May Yes. One way t...

Inserting and wrapping text around pictures
I need to insert a picture and wrap text around it BUT keep the picture LINE and the text fully wrapping. How do I achieve that? Also, I want to do a global format of new pages before downloading a document from MS Works into publisher. How do I do that? JCM <JCM@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I need to insert a picture and wrap text around it BUT keep the > picture LINE and the text fully wrapping. How do I achieve that? There is no way to accomplish this. In-line images mean that the images appear on a line in the same way they do when you se...

Importing a text file
Is it possible to import a text file into Excel? I have a text file with thousands of company names and address on (all formatted as below) that I would like to import into Excel...problem is that I want to import them into rows with each address detail falling under the correct column heading i.e. Column for Company name, column for Address1 column for address 2 etc. Company Name Address Address2 City Postal Code Company Name Address Address2 City Postal Code etc etc Ultimately I need to use these address's to mail merge, otherwise if somebody has a better suggestion for using a text f...

non-local users cannot be given rights on this server
Getting this error when trying to add user back as delegate. Both users have been migrated to Outlook 2007. ...

where to find calculated fields
Hello, I am a CRM newbie. I did a little SQL development a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away. I am very rusty. I am trying to figure out how calculated fields are handled so that I can copy the process. I am looking at Customize Entities, Oppurtunity, Form and Views and the Attributes. I am trying to figure out how the attribute Revenue (isrevenuesystemcalculated) is calculated. I don't see anything on the forms or the attributes. Is the value calculated in the SQL databas somewhere? I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. you have a few o...

Query Problem
I have linked to an older table to which I need to add new records. My problem is that one of the fields is named S&H (honest!), and Access won't run the query if this field is in a query column. I do not have the authorization to change the field name. How can I operate on this field? I should have said I am using Access 2002/XL and the database table in question appears to be Access 2000. "VC" wrote: > I have linked to an older table to which I need to add new records. My > problem is that one of the fields is named S&H (honest!),...

Looking for a better way to Parse out data from alphanumeric field
Dear all, I need to parse out the text from a mixed alphanumeric field. I recieve ship-to addresses from a client, which do not always conform to the standard I need. Specifically they occasionally drop the postcode. I need to grab the first series of characters in the address, up to but not including the first numeric. This will allow me to match the address to a table of addresses and postcodes. Fortunately, due to the Japanese way of writing addresses, I can guarantee that it will be *near* the form "Prefecture City Town Division" (maybe with or without spa...

mailto syntax for text to display
I am successfully using the following: - Private Sub lblFeedback_Click() Link = "mailto:user@domain.com?subject=Subject" On Error GoTo NoCanDo ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=Link, NewWindow:=True Exit Sub NoCanDo: MsgBox "Cannot open " & Link End Sub Is it possible to hide the email address and put e.g. "ADMIN" with something similar to the text to display used in the Outlook address book? Not that I know of. Why not protect the VBAProject? http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/protect-vba-code.htm -- Regards ...

Max cell height for text
We need to insert text from a Word document into a cell. The text is about 300 words. After we do the insert, we can only see a portion of the text in the cell. We tried stretching the row boundary, but it stopped stretching towards the bottom of the window. Even the print image doesn't show all the text. How can we increase the cell height to see all the text? Normally pasting into the formula bar the row will cause it to fit automatically but you could try Format>Row>Auto fit, ...then the same with column if needed, but one wonders why you would want to do that as it would ...

Select Text Files from Combobox
Hello again! Is there a way to read in multiple files of "almost" similar into a combobox for the user to select the file they want? The filenames first few characters will be the same but the following characters will be dymanic. For example: filenames: SN1033_XXX_67489564926.txt SN1033_XXX_00909890879.txt SN1033_XXX_78987907893.txt SN1008_XXX_78290574238.txt SN1008_XXX_54545454544.txt and so on.... So I would like to read all the text filenames beginning with "SN1033". Can I sea...

data type mismatch
I am working on a report that should return only current members. In the CommitmentDate table, each time a member renews, their renewal date is entered along with the enrollment period which is typically one year. I created a query to give me the date to which the membership is valid. So if a member renews 7/29/2009 for one year, the query returns 7/29/2010 as the "valid to" date. Another column sorts them into "current" or "expired" members based on the current date. The query is working and it follows: SELECT MemberCommitmentDates.MemberLookup, ...

Domain User Cannot Send to Public Folders
Summary: Unless I grant a domain user explicit rights to a mail enabled public folder, mail sent by that user is bounced back to the user. External users can sucessfully send mail to that folder. Details: Exchange 2003 SP2 in native mode, on W2K3 SP1 servers in native mode. Anonymous is given Contributor rights (Create Items, but not Folder Visible) to the folder. Admin Tab: This folder is available to: All users with access permissions Error: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: FOLDERNAME on 4/12/2006 12:31 PM The message reached the recipient's e...

In VBA how do I link the fields of a form to an on-the-fly SQL que
Hi. I have a form whose fields are linked to an underlying table of constellations and their variable stars. When the form opens it is initially linked to the entire table-- all the stars in all the constellations. On the form, I create a SQL query by searching on a single constellation, and I want to be able to do this over and over again as I work through the various constellations. I don't want to save the query-- just a temporary one in memory while I am adding new/updating old records for the selected stars. I can create the query OK-- the SQL works fine. But once a new qu...

Chart Title entering text VBA
Hi, Hope someone can help; At work we import a large number of textfiles which when imported int excel are graphed. We get the titles from the textfiles and this i fine for all but one file. What i want to do is edit the chart title t add text after it has imported. However the first part is variable. So in summary i want the chart title as it is, but then to add tex afterwards to the existing title. Is this possible? so "Graph ????" is the title but i want to make it "Graph ????: tes text" The below obviously just completely changes the title. Sheets("Asthma Gr...

Outlook 2007
Hi, In Outlook 2007 - specifically related to the Reading Pane - How does one adjust the text size so that it remains enlarged or reduced? Unlike with Outlook 2003 where we had to click on the border surrounding the reading pane to access the text size changes - all I can find relative to Outlook 2007 is to use the Ctrl+Mouse scroll wheel. If the feature was intentionally removed, it most certainly does not allow for success when in productivity mode and it is quite frustrating for those who wear glasses or are senior citizens. _If_ Microsoft has not taken into account people with vis...

How to display a text file dynamically?
I need to show a large text file ( <10M) to users in a dialog. Meanwhile, the file is being appened with more data by a seperate process. I have little experience with MFC. I guess I should use RichEditCtrl for this case. But I'm not sure if I should use SetDlgItemText(..) to send file content to the control. This is Question 1. Secondly, I'd like send only the newly appended part of the file to the control for every refresh, instead of the whole file everytime. Are there any existing functions/mechanisms in MFC for this purpose? By the way, I have to use VC++ for the project (no...