instructions disppear when users begin type (text field)

Hi all,

I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text
field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add.
Instructions shows in the field and the instructions disappear when users
click and begin to type.  How should I do this?  exchange 2003/outlook2003

Thank you.

It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're expecting to happen. If
you want the instructions to stay on the screen, you could display them in a
label control.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

> Hi all,
>
> I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text
> field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add.
> Instructions shows in the field and the instructions disappear when users
> click and begin to type.  How should I do this?  exchange 2003/outlook2003
>
> Thank you.

0
Sue

searching form multiple Values in a Text Field
Hi.. I have a table of Products and StateID. The products with a field for which states they are availble using the codes from the StateID table tbl-Products ProductID Description Available 1 "Blue Coffee Table" "1,2,3,5" 2 "Red Coffee Table" "2,3,4,19,21,18" tbl-StateID StateID State Country 1 AU ACT 2 AU NSW 3 AU VIC 4 AU QLD 5 AU SA 6 AU TAS 7 AU ...

Currently logged on user
Does anyone know how a process running as "SYSTEM" can get the username of the currently logged on user??? Cheers Peter There can be several "logged on" users. Which one you want? "Peter McCarthy" <NotARealEmail@noWhere.com> wrote in message news:2Fivc.1170$Z14.1252@news.indigo.ie... > Does anyone know how a process running as "SYSTEM" can get the username of > the currently logged on user??? > > Cheers > Peter > > This assumes there is only one such user. My machine has several separate users logged on, and I don't...

Multiple users in outlook #3
Hi I have been searching the discussion pages and I am just a bit confused. I need to set up one computer so that it has two or more users ID. members of staff plus a guest account. the members of staff will have access to the exchange server. I am looking for how to set this up. and I found the following: "Option1 Create new User Acoounts for each user and create passwords for them. When a particular user logs in, they will have their own Outlook data. " does this means I will go into control panel and set up the two users accounts? just want to be sure before I start working o...

extract matching text to make report
I have a daily print log w/ 6 columns that record: date, client name, printer's initials and three columns pertaining to sheet size. This is working well on a daily basis as the number of sheets in a particular size are continuously added as the month and list go on. At the end of the month I need to consolidate the list in order to bill the clients. Some of the clients names (print orders) will show up numerous times. Some names are new clients, etc.. Question is: Besides using filters on the same sheet, how can I make a consolidated list that will show the clients name only ...

Text Import Wizard Not Starting
Trying to open/convert a text file to Excel. Wizard is not launching, opens the row in 1 big column. Steve Does the file have a .txt extension? Andy. "SteveB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05bc01c3c3e9$ceb599b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to open/convert a text file to Excel. Wizard is > not launching, opens the row in 1 big column. Good question,is the PC plugged in :), on the original file it does, not certain if client manipulated when saving. I left a voicemail. >-----Original Message----- >Steve > >Does the fil...

Label Fields
These labels are xml I think. I'm trying to create a label that does 2 things. 1. I would like to remove the "$" from the price. It seems like xml uses the following to rference the price: Begin Field Price Value = "Price" Left = 4440 Top = 450 Width = 1290 Height = 780 Align = Right 2. Is there a way to make the cents part smaller than the main part and aligned at the top right? ...

Sharing with another user on the same computer.
Subject line about sums it up. I want to be able to view and scheduel things on my wife's calendar. She has a seperate user accoung on windows XP, and uses her own calendar on Outlook 2003. Is there any way to view each others calendars / send tasks/ etc? Yes, provided you have rights to the folder in which the other's PST file is located, you can open it up in your own Outlook as a secondary folder. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm JTH wrote: > Subject line about sums it up. I want to be able to view > and scheduel things on my wife's calendar. S...

how do i delete connected text boxes?
i need to delete a sperate section in a text box on Publisher. it's in the vintage newsletter and the Inside this issue section Unlink the text boxes, the text will stay in text box one. You will have to delete the text by elongating the first text box. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "drjones168" <drjones168@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2949781C-9685-4614-B7C3-2418E76C02D0@microsoft.com... > i need to delete a sperate section in a text box on Publisher. it's in the > vintage newsletter and the Inside this issue secti...

disable GAL in OWA for a user?
Hi, Is there a way to disable GAL for just one user in OWA? Running Exchange 2003. Thanks! On 31 Jan 2006 12:16:00 -0800, "Jeff" <jeff80@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Is there a way to disable GAL for just one user in OWA? > >Running Exchange 2003. > >Thanks! There isn't a GAL in OWA. You can search it, but can you tell us what you actually want to achieve? I mean, the person would simply make best guess on the email addresses and send a mail to them. Preventing this doesn't strike me as something you'd want to do... You can prevent a user fr...

Multiple users without interferring?
This is at my work and we have a publice drive we share our files off o so thats not the issue, we actually have a very ruff draft working righ now. We need to have a sign in log that anyone can post into and no overlap eachother if they are signing in at the same time or it hasn been saved. The way I have it now there are just too many errors and w are loosing info and spending more time then we did when we were jus passing around a clipboard. I have a copy of the document if tha helps. Any info on how multiple people can use one sheet without interferenc would be great. The order they are...

Additional Item fields in HQ and Store operations
I need 6 additional item fields to define information in my item table file in HQ and SO. Does anyone have a solution? Lloyd, We don't have anything in place as of now, but this is certainly functionality that we could provide to you. If you are interested in receiving an estimate, please drop me an email or give me a call. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises 320-230-2288 rsakry@rite.us www.rite.us "LLoyd" <LLoyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97CE5C26-1A04-4873-95D1-22A913DD4D47@microsoft.com... >...

Can't remove Manager relationship from user's organization info
I have a CRM 4.0 user record with an invalid Manager relationship that I can't delete. I can change the Manager but that is not a desirable solution. I want NO manager specified for this user. How do I proceed? Regards to all, ncs It doesnt seem if you can make it empty once you have assigned a value to this lookup (Manager --- parentsystemuserid from SystemUserBase). I dont know if you go down to the database level and update it to NULL again ( although it is unsupported ). /Aamir ...

Seeking XML Editor for "Users"
I have a web site (for a client) where I am now using a considerable number of XML files. Previously the files were updated off-line, and FTPd to make live. I now need to allow "user editors" to edit the XML data. These users are primarily "business knowledge" experts; intelligent but not necessarily IT literate. I need to provide a simple XML editor to allow them (e.g.) to edit a simplified RDF style metadata base (actually a modified PRISM syntax). Enforced validation (e.g. against a DTD) would be beneficial. The site support asp.net, so an application "e...

text and letters
Dear all, couple days ago i have set a query how can use the concatenate formula More of you replied and thank you very much there is a way that i acn take specific characters from a word? eg; i have in a cell the word BUDGET there is a way to make a link with formula to another cell and take only the B D G in order to show BDG? Thanks in advance Manos If you're always substituting for the same word, you can use =IF(B1="BUDGET","BDG","") If you always want to delete the letters E, T and U: =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(B1,"E",&...

Outlook 2000 *No texte and no picture*
Hi, I have a little problem with outlook 2000. Presently we use windows XP pro with Office 2000. The problem is, when i send a email (we use a template with logo, etc.) at the reception i never see the template .. all picture is in attachtment and time to time i cant see the message. if i do reply the message appear. I already checked the setting .. it's the same as all other computer. it's only 2-3 computer that have this problem. So, for now i cant find why the problem appear. PLZ if someone can help me this will be very appreciated =) Have a good day Fr�d�ric ...

Reformatting Text to Excel
Does anyone have an easier way to move data from a text file to Excel, rather than manually adjusting each line. Here is a sample of the data: Card Name: Woodwraith Strangler Cost: 2BG Type: Creature � Plant Zombie Pow/Tgh: 2/2 Rules Text: Remove a creature card in your graveyard from the game: Regenerate Woodwraith Strangler. Set/Rarity: Ravnica: City of Guilds common Card Name: Zephyr Spirit Cost: 5U Type: Creature � Spirit Pow/Tgh: 0/6 Rules Text: When Zephyr Spirit blocks, return it to its owner�s hand....

Sum Numbers By Text
Hello All, I have an excel sheet that contains two columns. One is text ie. "Ne Items" & "Old Items". The other column contains numbers. I am havin a difficult finding the correct formula that will sum only "New Items" Can someone please help me with this opportunity? Best Regards, Shahba -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =SUMIF(A1:A100,"New Items",B1:B100) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hello All, > > I have an excel sheet that contains two columns. One is text ie. "New > Items" &a...

User level document security in CRM
Documents i CRM are linked on fx accounts in notes. I have a customer that need to secure that only documents to which the user has access is shown on the list. As I see it this could be done by giving the users only access to own documents and then use the sharing functionality. But sharing isn't possible for notes/documents. This would be nice. Otherwise I think maybe this could be done using a Sharepoint doc. library. Any suggestions/comments? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for thi...

Delegate administrative right to a user group on a single server inside a domain
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CAF74F.F5BB4B90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, We have a small branch office in another city. They use a local IT = contractor to maintain the server (updates/patches, monitoring). That = server is a duplicate 2003 DC of the domain in head office. All our = domain servers are on 2003. We don't want to give out excessive rights. My question is - can we = create a domain user account for that local IT contractor which onl...

How to change number to text
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C37C46.1E8FC780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, How can I change the numeric into text such as=20 1,234 to One Thousand two hundred and thirty four Thank you ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C37C46.1E8FC780 Content-Type: text/html; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D&q...

text on speadsheet, converted to % value in chart
I have a 10 step process. How do I give text "X" a 10% value on the spreadsheet so it will display as 10% for each completed step in a chart? In a seperate cell, do something like =COUNTA(A2:A10,"X")*10% and then base your chart off of this new cell. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "RenKemp" wrote: > I have a 10 step process. How do I give text "X" a 10% value on the > spreadsheet so it will display as 10% for each completed step in a chart? Luke, we are mixing metaphores should be...

Pulling Multiple Text Strings in a One Cell
Okay....this is what i need help on. These multiple lines in one cell is throwing me off. If i make the multiple lines appear as a single text string in one cell, i still have spacing issues. (A1) ATM ID: Example Project ID: 12345 Project Name: HELP Site Name: Company Name Model: 2345e EF SN: Not Assigned I need it to look like this all in one cell, due to a system upload. ATM ID: Example**Project ID: 12345**Project Name: HELP**Site Name: Company Name**Model: 2150e EF**SN: Not Assigned Please HELP!!! Thanks Try: =LEFT(A1,15)&"* *"&am...

How to reference main report field in subreport calculation
My main report will populate a field X, but int he sub report, I need to reference that X value in order to do a calculation. How do I do this and where? rickr wrote: >My main report will populate a field X, but int he sub report, I need to >reference that X value in order to do a calculation. How do I do this and >where? Try using Parent.[field x] in VBA code or in a text box expression. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

Howto Determine AD User Accts Having Passwords < 6 characters
I am dealing with a legacy Active Directory implementation in which the prior administrator failed to implement mimimum password character length. Our plan is to notify users a month or so in advance that they need to change their password to one with at least 6 characters and if they fail to do so by a date certain they will no longer be able to login to the network. The problem is that there are many 'generic' accounts which do not correspond to a live user and there are even more accounts not having e-mail addresses so the notification process will be torturous. What I...

Formatting fields....
Normally, if I want to format a field in a query – I set the properties in the field using the GUI... However, I’m doing a funky join, which the GUI is unable to represent... So I’d have thought that using format() in the SQL would be the best way – e.g. format([fieldname],”#,##0.00”) But this appears to change the data type to text and left align it, which makes it look .....Special..... Any ideas? Rob Wills wrote: >Normally, if I want to format a field in a query � I set the properties in >the field using the GUI... > >However, I�m doing a funky join,...