create new mail item from current item

Greetings,
How can I create a new mail item from the active inspector current item?
Thank you,
0
lindstrom

Please provide more details on what you want to do. In other words, what does
the current item have to do with the new item you want to create?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"lindstrom" wrote:

> Greetings,
> How can I create a new mail item from the active inspector current item?
> Thank you,
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
> .

Sue,
Many thanks for your reply.
What I'm actually trying to do is to come up with a routine that will forward a mail item to a friend without the "FWD: " in the subject and without the "From,Sent,To,Subject" lines in the message.
One suggestion that I received was to create a new mail item from the current mail item and I've been trying to do that, but so far I've been unsccessful.
DL
0
lindstrom
5/23/2010 7:41:05 PM
So you essentially want to resend the item, so that the friend sees it as
coming from you? Outlook has no programmatic way to do that directly. If you
just make a copy of the item (with the MailItem.Copy method), and try to
address and send that, you may get an error that you can't send on behalf of
the original sender. Another approach would be to use SaveAs to save the item
as an .msg file, then use CreateItemFromTemplate to create a new item from
that saved original.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"lindstrom" wrote:

> Sue,
> Many thanks for your reply.
> What I'm actually trying to do is to come up with a routine that will forward a mail item to a friend without the "FWD: " in the subject and without the "From,Sent,To,Subject" lines in the message.
> One suggestion that I received was to create a new mail item from the current mail item and I've been trying to do that, but so far I've been unsccessful.
> DL

Sue,
I'll try those suggestions and see what happens.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
DL
0
lindstrom

add personal message to e-mail newsletter
I've created a newsletter in Publisher, but there does not appear to be any way to add a personal greeting to each recipient. Am I wrong? Setup a database with your personal greeting and the recipients name. Then use mail merge. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Lynne" <Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31D48D14-C040-4C13-8725-D79C1035093D@microsoft.com... > I've created a newsletter in Publisher, but there does not appear to be any > way to add a personal greeting to each recipient. Am I wrong? ...

Outlook Filter Mail
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to direct mail from a particular domain (e.g. @yahoo.com) to a particular folder using Rules & Alerts or VBA Macro. Thanks for your help! Regards Wings Sure. Use the condition "with specific words in the sender's address" = and enter the domain name.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx...

Creating Relatioships
I want to add a simple attribute "supplier" to the Facility/ equipment in CRM 3.0 and relate this attribute with accounts. The problem is when I try to create the relationship I receive a error message. The question is: a) Is it Possible? b) If yes, How Can I create de relationship c) If not, workaround? Thanks ---- Helena Barbosa What error are you getting? Creating a relationship is done between entities. Are you trying to create a mapping between this new field/attribute and a field/attribute in the Account entity? "helena barbosa" wrote: > I want to ad...

how do i create a macro that would check the contents of cells
Hi, I am stcuk on Excel VB. I am trying to create a macro that when run would check to see if there is an 'X' in 6 specific cells on a row(the cells are next to each other), there is an X in all of them it would then display a msg saying 'not possible', else it would not doing anything. I hope i did pass the problem across in a sensible manner. Thanks for helping. I'd just use another cell next to those 6 cells: =if(countif(a1:f1,"x")=6,"Not Possible","") Format it in a nice big red font. Jade wrote: > > Hi, I am stcuk on Excel V...

Tracing e-mail back to its source on a LAN
I am running Exchange Server 2003 on a small LAN. I have reason to believe that a virus has infected something on the LAN and is sending outbound e-mails. I have scanned each system and cannot find a problem but our volume of outbound email is much higher than it should be. I want to setup logging so I can track all of the outbound e- mails to their source and hopefully find the computer that is infected. I do not have much experience with Exch Server 2003. Could someone point me to a good beginners article or howto that will show me how to setup logging so I can trace the source...

New Related Question
In regards to the former discussion (http://tinyurl.com/762vq62) which worked great by the way (Thanks to all who helped!), how could I change the Case statement to populate a cell based any change in value, not just a specific text entry? A current example based on specific text: Case "SENT", Range("Q" & n) = "" Range("Q" & n) = Format(Date, "mm-dd-yyyy") Thanks in advance for your help! magmike On Dec 7, 2:11=A0pm, magmike <magmi...@yahoo.com> wrote: > In regards to the former discussion (http://tinyurl.com/...

Often-Used Code not working in a new Workbook
I have the following code to transfer an option from a combobox to a cell on one sheet. I've used this code several times before in other workbooks, and it works absolutely fine, but, for some reason, in my current project, it just comes up as an error and the 'Range("G11").Select' line is highlighted in yellow. Is there some obvious or uderlying reason for this, does anyone know? The code is: Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Worksheets("How").Activate Range("G11").Select ActiveCell.Value = ComboBox1.Value Worksheets("Statskeeper").Activate E...

Attaching a Signature when using Send To>Mail Recipient.
Hi In Windows Explorer>Select a file>Right Click>Send To>Mail Recipient. It opens a new message with the folder attached but doesn't include my signature. It's attached in all the standard ways I create a new message Any ideas how to solve this problem? P.S. What's the difference between this NG & outlook.general? TIA Dave F. This is annoying, but I found a quick work around that works for me, so I never tried to adjust my signatures. I just use Auto Correct and set it to display after a few keystrokes. -- Top Notch Admin "Dave F." wrote: ...

Copy Excel to new laptop?
When I bought my PC, I had Excel loaded on it. I did not receive the program CDs. Can I copy the Excel files to my new laptop? How do I know what to copy? Hi JP I think you must buy a new version for your laptop. http://www.microsoft.com/office/howtobuy/default.mspx Your old machine have a OEM version I think on it that belong to that machine. -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "JP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:202e401c4594d$7560ab80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I bought my PC, I had Excel loaded on it. I did not > rec...

Saving document for mail merge
Can someone help me?? I have created a flyer using Publisher that contains text as well as pictures, clip art and graphics. When Publisher saves a document it uses the *.pub extension and of course mail merge in word will not accept that extension. I’ve tried the save it as a *.txt, but get the message that only the text will be saved and I will lose everything else. Is there a better way to save these types of documents? As I no longer have any hair on my head for trying to figure this out and searching for an answer on Microsoft’s website? Sorry all, I'm using MS Office 2003 ...

Gather mail from ISP and redistribute to the concerned user
Hello I have Small Business Server 2000 and outlook client 2003. Until recently we were looking our e-mails directely at the ISP through the webmail. Today we would like to collect the e-mails and distribute them to the company users. I have set up everything to send e-mail for the different user and it works. I then used the Pop connector provided with exchange. I can gather the e-mails at the ISP but then they do not appear in the emails boxes (they are disappearing in a "nowhere SBS space"). I can not find what is wrong in my setup. Can somebody help me in this matter ? Best ...

Outlook 2002
If I create a mail, say by right clicking on a file and then selecting send to mail recipient, the mail will not send when you click the send button. In fact nothing happens at all. I had the same problem when another program creates the mail (Canon Zoom Browser EX). Any ideas? Jeff ...

How do I remove items listed in a pivot table drop down list box
I'm working with a pivot table in Excel. The occurences of a specific value in my source data for a pivot table have all been removed from the source / raw data but the drop down list box for that field still shows that value as an option to display. How can I get rid of this? There are instructions here for clearing old items from a PivotTable dropdown list: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html Hart165Hour wrote: > I'm working with a pivot table in Excel. The occurences of a specific value > in my source data for a pivot table have all been removed from the s...

Quest: Creating sliding windows...
Looking for infomation on creating sliding windows for hiding controls when not needed... Anyone know of samples... Any help... I guess you are looking AnimateWindow() API function... Andrew Fedoniouk. http://TerraInformatica.com "lewi" <bj7lewis@willapabay.com> wrote in message news:vq8i8g29fbu087@corp.supernews.com... | Looking for infomation on creating sliding windows for hiding controls when | not needed... | | Anyone know of samples... | | Any help... | | > AnimateWindow() API function... I'll look in to it but I don't remember if this function cou...

Program stops (creating pivot table) when too many records
Hi all, I have a macro which creates a Pivot Table using the records I provide and it works fine up to probably 40,000 records. When the database becomes too big, the program stops at the line of code which creates the Pivot Table with an error message. 1) Pressing F5 simply gives the same error message. 2) Running the same macro from start with a reduced records works well again. How can I overcome this problem? Thanks in advance. On Mar 5, 7:57=A0am, ch <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a macro which creates a Pivot Table u...

Input from Form, Create fields for Query which joins them with lis
Using Access 2007, I am creating a temporary table [ActivityTrker] which will feed a master table [MeetingMaster]. The reason for this is because the user wants to do "bulk" selection and not have to do one person at a time; plus, the meetings can be one of 30 types, and they can take place any time, any day of the week; thus, no preloading a table with Meeting date/time and just asking for attendance. I have searched this and other forums, asked for help once before, have researced multiple books/web sites, and not really found any help so far. Right now, I am not able to ...

problema windows mail
non riesco ad entrare in windows mail ? quando lo apro mi da impossibile avviare windows mail I have a problem to earese or delete one Unsent document.This message has a wrong E-mail addresse.This E-mail addresse is not valid.Please helme how I can delete this message.! "scughy" wrote: > non riesco ad entrare in windows mail ? quando lo apro mi da impossibile > avviare windows mail What have you tried so far? Open the Outbox folder and delete any messages you see there. Before it lets you delete, you may have to go offline first. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, ...

Create a Query that Prompts for Date and Time
I am in the beginning stages of setting up a call database that tracks calls made by sales people. The table includes separate fields for date and time. A query is needed that will prompt for a date range and time range. For example a user may want a report that shows all calls for April 1 through April 7 between 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM. I created the query for a time range, which worked. I then added the expression, for date range: >=[Start Date] And <=[End Date] I have also tried: BETWEEN [Start Date] AND [End Date] Both expressions get the same error when trying to r...

Outlook does not find new server
Hi Exchange 2003 server and new Exchange 2010 server Outlook 2003 Clients Problem: If I move a mailbox from 2003 to 2010, Outlook 2003 does not automatically connect to the new Ex2010! If I manually change the servername in Outlook 2003 it connects. What am I doing wrong? Missing? Shouldn�t Outook 2003 automatically know that the mailbox is moved from Server 2003 to Server 2010? Tomppa Hi After 2 hours did Outlook2003 notice that the mailbox moved to Ex2010! I did a test and created a new user and mailbox on Ex2003, connected Outlook2003 and sent a few mails...

sending mail through exchange to postfix on a subdomain

I have purchased a new computer with money 2006...
I tranferred the data from my old computer money 2002. But it keeps giving me a grossly incorrect running total. I have retransferred from a floppy backup on my old computer but when i hook up to the bank it gives me a grossly wrong total again. what can I do? windjay wrote: > I tranferred the data from my old computer money 2002. But it keeps > giving me a grossly incorrect running total. I have retransferred > from a floppy backup on my old computer but when i hook up to the > bank it gives me a grossly wrong total again. what can I do? My guess is there is some so...

SCO/Microsoft supporters may have created Netsky Virus
Software feud may have provoked virus Rachel Ross feb 19 2004 http://tinyurl.com/2x8nr A new computer virus spread over the Internet yesterday in an apparent attempt to destroy one of its predecessors. The Netsky.b virus e-mails itself to addresses stored on an infected computer. It also copies itself to folders that appear to be shared with other computers. [..] Once a computer has been infected, the virus tries to deactivate two versions of the Mydoom virus that hit the Internet late last month. [..] Sebbag said it's possible someone who supports Microsoft or SCO may have written N...

mass deleting inventory items
Is there a way to mass delete inventory items in Great Plains? The only way I have figured out how to do it is one by one. There is one way - File > Maintenance > clear data but that is a dangerous operation,and clears all data, not selectively. You could use a macro with mail merge... "Nathan" <Nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8031D80C-DDF8-46D8-A1C0-3713B852818E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to mass delete inventory items in Great Plains? The only > way I > have figured out how to do it is one by one. I would favor a SQL sc...

Please Help: Append New text to old text
Hi All, I have a form which populates access database. On the form Once we input a student Id, we can input student records and also add comments, after making the changes we click "Submit" and the data goes in the databae. One field that I have on the form is "Comments" Textbox whereTA can insert their comments for any student. Here multiple TA's can comment for one student. The issue I want to resolve is. When a new TA inserts a comment, Old comments are deleted and replaced by the new comments. Is there a way to append new comments to old comments a...

e-mail formatting disabled
When I go to mail format under the tools menu, the message format options are disabled. Any ideas how I can enable the setting so I can switch to a Html format? Do you mean Tools > Options > Mail format from the menu bar in Outlook or in an individual email? What version of Outlook? What type of mail account? "ccamschl" <ccamschl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:656DEC3A-D56B-48FE-B8AA-B09A6B27C02A@microsoft.com... > When I go to mail format under the tools menu, the message format options are > disabled. Any ideas how I can enable the setting...