Create new Contacts folder and populate it from Access

I use Access to manage my membership data.
I'd like to generate an new Access mailing list everytime I send out a
newsletter, using a vba module.  That module will create a MailingList
table.
I'd like add some code to that module to open Outlook, create a new Contacts
folder, and populate that new folder with the address in my new MailingList
table.

Can anyone please point me to some vba automation code that will give me the
syntax to create a new Contacts folder and then populate it with an Access
table?  I already have some code to instantiate Outlook, so that's not
necessary, but certainly won't hurt, either.

Thanks.

0
Margaret

set ContactsFolder =
OutlookApplication.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts)
set NewContactsFolder = ContactsFolder.Folders.Add("Contacts Subfolder")
set Contact = NewContactsFolder.Items.Add("IPM.Contact")
Contact.Email2Address = "may04_NOTTHIS@mindspring.com"
Contact.FirstName = "Margaret"
Contact.LastName = "Bartley"
Contact.Save

--
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
"Margaret Bartley" <may04_NOTTHIS@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>I use Access to manage my membership data.
> I'd like to generate an new Access mailing list everytime I send out a
> newsletter, using a vba module.  That module will create a MailingList
> table.
> I'd like add some code to that module to open Outlook, create a new
> Contacts folder, and populate that new folder with the address in my new
> MailingList table.
>
> Can anyone please point me to some vba automation code that will give me
> the syntax to create a new Contacts folder and then populate it with an
> Access table?  I already have some code to instantiate Outlook, so that's
> not necessary, but certainly won't hurt, either.
>
> Thanks.

0
Dmitry

How To Create UI Automation Test Suites for VC++ 7.2 Application
Hi All Envoirement -: VC++ 7.2 OS -: Win 2000,XP As i can Develop UI Automation Test Suite For .NET Application Plz Anyone tell me,Can I Develop this Tool for VC++7.2 Application ? If yes ,How ? plz suggest me for it. Regards Tarandeep Singh tarandeep@abosoftware.com Fundamentally, this is hard. There are some commercial programs out there that do this, but getting a test suite that works well, particularly in all resolutions, and is fully scriptable, is a nontrivial problem (well, let's put it this way: I would not accept a fixed-price contract to do this, and wou...

HTTP Error 401.3
Hi, I hope someone can help me. CRM worked fine for a while, but suddenly everybody, except the CRMAdmin account gets the following error: HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource. The website is runnning on SBS2003 and i created the website myself before installing CRM. The folder where the webdata is stored is :\inetpub\MSCRM IUSR account does have the right permissions.. I cannot find any messages in the IIS website logfile I found some articles about this error, but i do not know where to start because they assume you have the w...

CollegestudentHelp me create an automated data entry program in Ex
I have detailed customer information and I want to be able to type in the customer ID and have the rest of the information fill itself in. Please help. All in Excell. use vlookup function. see help Desperate College Student <Desperate College Student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67CDC09B-4121-4F68-A0A6-0DCC7C09543E@microsoft.com... > I have detailed customer information and I want to be able to type in the > customer ID and have the rest of the information fill itself in. Please > help. All in Excell. As suggested you can use the VLOOKUP function...

Limitation of Outlook Pesonal Folder
Hi Guys, Can you give me a reference where I can find information about limitation of personal Folder of MS Outlook? If its possible that the information was stated the maximum size (GB?) Thanks, Mark Here is a link to an article that talks about the Personal Folder file size limitation for Oultook 97-2002, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;296088. Outlook 2003 has a much larger limitation and here is a link to an article that discusses its limitations, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;830336. I hope this information is helpful. Robe...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

Populating FIELDS from another form(s)
I have one form were I create meetings, than another one were the individual is inputted (all works great - this is not the problem). I am trying to open a form(Travel) from that form by clicking on a button (This I already have and that part works). I want the newly opened form (Travel) to automatically populate a few fields (that you can not see on the form) that are the primary fields. example: [field1] = Me.[field1] and [field2] = Me.[field2]. Now if the record already exist then I want it to populate the form. So far I have this: Private Sub btnTravel_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnT...

Outlook contacts #16
When I am creating a new email and I click on the "to" box - a list of my contacts pops up. Many of the contacts are duplicated - the reason being that one is for an e-mail address and the other is a fax number. If I try to find out which one I have, by going to "properties" it opens the contact's file giving me all of their info. How can I get only the e-mails for my contacts in this list? And what if the contact has more than one email address? Thanks in advance... Geoffrey Ungar <dejugs@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I am creating a new email and I click...

URL access
Is URL access possible in a view of "account" in CRM3.0? In addition, can you hand search condition? Hello, I searched the SDK for this, but only found out about URL addressable forms. Seems to me like you have to write a custom ASP.NET web application (grid) to write this behavior. Anyone else? Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "a-kun" wrote: > Is URL access possible in a view of "account" in CRM3.0? > In addition, can you hand search condition? ...

With a Query in Access 2007, How can I Create This Query
I need a query that will list all records in table 1 for which there are no auditor records (Table 3). Somehow, I need to use the relationship between tables 2 and 3 to find what's not in table 1. The following query gives me a list of all records that do have auditor records. I'm at a dead end on this one. Query SELECT PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTAuditingTherapist, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTFirstName, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.TherapistLastName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTFirstName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.Medicare, AuditDet...

lotus approach queries VS access queries.
Hi, We are migrationg from approach to access. My basic underastanding of the procedure is that the data has to be migrated and all the other features like forms and reports have to be recreated. Is 'Approach query' different from MS Access query? Can this be assumed to be replaced by Access query? cheers, Nuti ...

Access 2007 combobox will not "Auto expand"
I have a database converted from access 2003 to 2007. Now ALL comboxes will not allow the "autoexpand" functionality. Obviously I set this property to yes (both in the properties window AND programmatically). Most, but not all, of the comboboxes are populated by queries on ODBC coupled MSSQL tables. Again, in 2003, this worked fine. Anybody an idea ? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Jos --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- ...

Creating a Calendar in Publisher
I have created a calendar page in Publisher. How do you save that design so that each consecutive month will hold the format? On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:31:02 +0000, Toni wrote (in article <A49FAC01-7290-48FA-9576-5FB4761A9CD6@microsoft.com>): > I have created a calendar page in Publisher. > How do you save that design so that each consecutive month will hold the > format? You use the correct tool for the job. Publisher isn't it. Serif PagePlus, OTOH, is. I have Publisher 2000 Can't you use SAVE AS and it saves as a Publisher file? If the tabs on the bottom are ...

odbc connection with access comma is not showing
I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION and Access. When I run the query a number "23" shows up as "2300000". I think the comma is not showing maybe because of setting problem. I do not know how to fix this. In the Navsion database figures are correct. sounds like a ODBC driver problem. Probably due to precision see http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/6072.aspx Pieter "Remko Strik" <Remko Strik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83F3871-DDCB-44E7-BC50-6CAD87659284@microsoft.com... >I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION ...

How do I export, then import my address book(contacts)
I want to share my Outlook 2003 contacts and groups with my husband's Outlook 2003 I would like to export my contacts and groups to his computer. Then I would like for him to be able to merge my contacts and groups with his already existing contacts and groups. How can I accomplish this? I have a friend who wants to do the same with Outlook 2002? Would the procedure be the same for both versions? Please give steps, I am not very computer literate. Thank you so much. Export your Contacts folder in PST format via File | Import and Export | Export to a file ... Then, copy them ...

Contact list not recognized as an address book in outlook email
I installed Outlook 2007 on my computer and imported my addresses from my other computer's Outlook file with excel. The contact list shows all the addresses but I can not access the contact list when I try to send an email. The address book drop down menu does not show anything. I tried to do the "properties" on the contact file, selected the tab "Outlook Address Book" and I am not allowed to check the box to "Show this folder as an address book". I am hoping someone can help me get this resolved. Thank you in advance If you have Contacts in...

creating a formul
Trying to create a formula to do the following: Sheet 1 column A a list of personal names a1-a10 Sheet 2 has list of names a1-a10 and list of dollar amounts colums d1-d10 want to search sheet one and if any name from sheet 2 found on sheet 1 than the corresponding dollar amount is entered. Any help appreciated. -- George I bet you want to use =vlookup(). Debra Dalgleish has some nice instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html George A. Yorks wrote: > > Trying to create a formula to do the following: > Sheet 1 column A a list of personal names a1-a10 > ...

How do I create a summary page from multiple worksheets
Trying to roll-up information from multiple worksheets within the same workbook to a summary page. These worksheets are copies of each other. For example: each worksheet has a column labeled "defect number". The users can record multiple defect numbers within a cell (e.g. 897, 992, 1001) So sheet1, row1 = 897, 990 sheet2, row1 = 992 sheet3, row1 = 995, 1001, 1012 sheet4, row1 = empty How do I (or can I) rollup this information to a summary page where sheet5 is the summary worksheet and row1 = 897, 990, 992, 995, 1001, 1012. Here's what I have so far [=Sta...

Using the classes created with xsd.exe
I have created classes from several xsd files. These files create about 150 classes and spot checking them they do represent types in the xsd files. the question is how do I use these files. How do I load data into them and create xml from them. Is there some articles about this subject. Thank you, -- Jerry Hi Jerry, As for the classes you've generated, are they normal classes or dataset classes? As for the normal classes you generated through xsd.exe, you can use XML serialization to convert those class instances into XML content or deserialize the XML content back into objec...

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...

Re: Recovery from EX2000 to EX2003 Server on a new machine
Hi, i have been having serious problems with my current Exchange 2000 machine where it continously fails to load the Information store and other services at startup. i have got it up and running now but if i reboot it will fail again and only starts 1 in 10 reboots What i would like to do it create another box with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and move all the stores,logs and all to this new server. Is there any procedures that need to be followed to do this? and are there any complications with the AD please advise me on the correct was to do this or any documentation there is available...

Linked Table Manager Doesn't Work in Access 2003
I recently upgraded to Access 2003 and have found that the menu option: Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager no longer works correctly for re-linking my front end database to the backend. No tables show in the table list. If I click “Select All” and then fill in the path to the backend database I get the following error message: Method ‘List’ of object ‘IfieldListWnd’ failed. As a work around I have to delete all the table links from the front-end and then File/Get External Data/Link Tables. Is anybody else having this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. "...

Access violation in CDaoQueryDef::Open or CSimpleStringT::GetLength(). VC++ 6.0 app compiled in Visual C++ .NET
Hi, I have a problem using DAO in Visual C++ .net Standard edition. We have an old project created in Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. The projects compiles, links ok (with a lot of warnings telling the DAO-classes are deprecated). The compiled program executes ok until I am about to access the database. Some accesses goes ok, but some are not. It is always the same databse accesses that the program crashes on. The database that I'm using is Access 97. I also have tried converting it to 2000 and 2002. In this function the crash occurs in daocore.cpp: void CDaoQueryDef::Open(LPCTSTR lpszName...

Apply current view to all folders
Hi, I would like to apply a certain view to all sub-folders within my inbox and would like to do it without having to go to all my folders. I have many sub and sub-sub folders. I have looked and looked for an 'apply this view to all folders' button or the like but can't find. Can anyone help?? Thank you, Tracy Rhodes ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Me again... bottom line.. How can I make every message and information look alike wit...

Populating work sheet combox with another work sheet values
Hi All, I have a combox in my sheet(1) which i want to populate with values present in sheet(2). I can populate combox in sheet(1) by setting the "ListFillrange"property to the required ranges in the sheet(1) (assume in coulmn A i have values from A1: A5) But i am unable to populate same combox with sheet(2) values(assume in sheet(2) C column i have set of values from C1: C10). I want to populate without using any macros. Can anyone Please help me to solve this problem Thanks in advance -- sjayar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sj...

Outlook 2003 unable to open mails or contacts
After upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003 I am not=20 bale to access any item in Outlook 2003.=20 The Error message which will be displayed if I try to open=20 a message is: Microsoft Office Outlook: Out of memory or system resources. Close sone windows or=20 programs and try again. Microsoft Office 2003 Professional is running on two=20 different operating systems: One is running XP professional,=20 The other is running Windows server 2003 enterprise=20 edition. Always the same result. If I reinstall Outlook from Office=20 XP Professional I am able to read all mails without any=20 fau...