Code that Runs nightly to export folder into a csv

I had posted on other forums but I haven't gotten a reply and really
hoping someone here can help me or point me to someone who can.

I was wondering if you can give me any information on how I can do
this. I am not familiar with VBA programming other than excel recording
macros and editing them slightly so sample code would be greatly
appreciated.

The task I am trying to perform is as follows:

Every night, I would like to export all contents of a single folder
"XXX" into a single .csv file and then move the contents to another
folder named xxxx_mmddyy .
Any ideas?

--
gn_pp
0

See ms.public.office.developer.outlook.vba? You've got replies.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Tue, 4 May 2010 17:29:26 +0100 schrieb gn_pp:

> I had posted on other forums but I haven't gotten a reply and really
> hoping someone here can help me or point me to someone who can.
>
> I was wondering if you can give me any information on how I can do
> this. I am not familiar with VBA programming other than excel recording
> macros and editing them slightly so sample code would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> The task I am trying to perform is as follows:
>
> Every night, I would like to export all contents of a single folder
> "XXX" into a single .csv file and then move the contents to another
> folder named xxxx_mmddyy .
> Any ideas?
0
Michael

Importing CSV
Hi All, I have to import CSV files into excel. A regular issue with this is that often the CSV files will contain data (in this case account codes) that excel interprets as dates (such as '3-8000' being converted to 1 Mar 8000). Nothing unusual so far, in that we handle that issue by importing manually (External Data - Text import), and specifying that the field in question is imported as TEXT not GENERAL. However, I have a file that, when I double click on it, it opens up perfectly (except with dates where it should be text as outlined above), but if I manually import that f...

What's with this code...
Hi, I'm trying to add an image on a tree control but I get an error ( surely I'm doing something wrong ). Here's the code: BOOL CTriggerEditor::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); // TODO: Add extra initialization here szNewTrigger[0] = '\b'; CImageList cil; CBitmap cb; cb.LoadBitmap( IDB_GLOBAL ); cil.Add(&cb, RGB(0,255,0)); m_TriggerTree.SetImageList(&cil, 0); // I GET AN ERROR AT THIS LINE ***** treeRoot = m_TriggerTree.InsertItem( "Global", IDB_GLOBAL, 0, TVI_ROOT ); return TRUE; // return TRUE unless you set the focus to a control // EXCEPTION:...

export/import stock price from/to Money
I used Money 2003 in Taiwan (not USA). The stock is not USA stock, so I don't use the on-line update stock price. Is there any method to export/import my stock price. Even write a program to do that, it's OK for me. Thanks. ...

Macro to Fomat Excel to .csv File
I have an Excel spreadsheet with contact information I want to import to a CRM lead system. Current Excel sheet format is all in one column going down as follows: Company Name, Address, City State Zip (all one field), Phone number, then empy cell then repeat of 4 cells listed above. Want to convert to a new .csv file with listing going left to right on on line as follows (ending up with 6 column fields - 1. Company Name 2. Address 3. City 4. State 5. Zip 6. Phone Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Thanks. Kip ...

decimal places when exporting to Excel from SmartList
Hello: A GP 9.0 client is using 5 currency decimals in Inventory. And, 5 decimals are showing in the SmartList reports. But, when exporting the data to Excel, only 2 decimal places are showing. This is remedied by simply highlighting the columns in Excel and formatting the columns with 5 decimal places. Is there anyway, though, to configure Excel to allow for bringing over all 5 decimal places from SmartList automatically? The client is in an Excel 2003 environment. I don’t know if using Excel 2007 would remedy this, but……. childofthe1980s Disregard....I found that you have to m...

Personal folder size showing different
Hello all, Pls help me. I had a question. Why is outlook personal folder size showing 2706KB but in Windows explorer it shows only 2500KB... why does it show different and not the same... appreciate reply asap. thanks ...

Tech assignment in service call by problem code only
Currently in Service Call Management the tech assignement filter is based on item number and problem code. It would be quite helpful if we could filter by problem code only, item number only and a combination of both. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

Campaign emails not sent, remain in drafts folder
We recently ran a campaign which included about 1000 contacts. The campaign emails were sent over to Outlook and processed through the Drafts folder. 100 or so of these emails; however, remain in the drafts folder and were never sent. We have done these campaigns before (although possibly with fewer contacts) and this issue did not occur. Does anyone know what is going on? Is there a maximum to how many emails can be processed? On a side note...if this is going to happen with larger campaigns; is there a configuration we can do to automatically process draft emails? May...

Can't Drag email to folders; works after restart.
So I've got a client that 's running XP2, Outlook 2007 using Exchange; he shows me that after a fresh restart he can drag and drop emails into folders in his inbox... But after 2-3hrs (literally) something happens that prevents him from being able to drag and drop to any folders...then after a restart, it works fine. He says this doesn't happen when using his laptop nor home machine. Which leads me to believe that it's some kind of configuration issue on his work box... anyone ever seen this before? Thanks and any help is appreciated! v12hcmf@gmail.com, you wrote on Fri, 9 ...

disk defragmenter and how it runs???
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01CB4DF5.AF05CBB0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi all, I have had something puzzling me for some time now regarding the disk defragmenter. Perhaps someone can put me straight and help me out here. My disk defragmenter is set to run every Wednesday at 1.00 am. My computer is off at the time. What I would like to know is this. With the computer off and when I go back to to look at the settings in th...

Can't close folder
I'm trying to close an archive folder (not the active one) in Outlook 2003 and I keep gettin the error "The operation failed. An object could not be found". Any ideas what object is missing or how I can get this folder closed? ...

How to Mail Disable a Public Folder Exchange 2000
We have an Exchange 2000 Email Server, Each time a new Public folder gets created for one of our customers, it associates this customer with an email address, and tries to send email. Does anyone know a way to disable the "mail enable" feature in Exchange 2000 System Manager so, that each of the hundreds of public folders stop getting all these SPAM emails? Please help. -Mike When you created a PF, you have to specify is is mail enabled, otherwize it is NOT. if PF is mail enabled, make a right click and select disable mail oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu _________...

Meeting Organizer for Public Folder Calendar Entries
I need to setup a master calendar in public folders for my company to use. One of the problems we're trying to resolve is that when someone adds an entry to the calendar, and that entry is viewed by someone else, the person viewing it shows up as the meeting organizer under the scheduling tab instead of the person who created the entry. What do we need to do to make this information show up accurately? It would be much more useful if we could actually see who created the appointment. Thanks, Carl ...

Reminding function in Team/Public Folder
Hello, at first I would like to know how these folders are officially called in English - Team Folder or Public Folders? Both searchstrings turn up results in Google. Lets me explain my problem: We are working with Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000. Since some time we are using public folders. But we are missing one function. We want Exchange to send an email or Outlook popup to the users concerened on change, creation or maturity of a task or calendar entry in a public folder. It doesnt have to be Exchange, we could also implement a little tool at the client computers. Is this possible? Are the...

Events Root folder and event ID 9318
Hello gents, So my 5.5 box is now kput (for the first time, intentionally!). However, I notice one last little remnant of my 5.5 server listed under: Folders > Public Folders (View System Folders) > Events Root I have one entry that is "EVENTCONFIG_OLDSERVERNAME" I'm also getting an event ID 9318 which according to a few guys at eventid.net will cease in 5 or 6 days, however, another guy said he was getting the same error and also had his old box listed under Events Root. Deleting it seemed to fix this alert from being logged. Should I just scrap it? (eventconfig_o...

How can I show a dialog box "Run As Other User" under Windows2000?
How can I show a dialog box "Run As Other User" under Windows2000? do this programmatically "Marco" <sorry@nomail.com> д���ʼ� news:eVZfAcFqDHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I show a dialog box "Run As Other User" under Windows2000? > > ...

Generate C# code from Excel file (2007)
Hi all, is it possible to create an Excel formula (or something else) that, from the name of a cell (i.e "Cell Name 1"), it create me a string like: public const string Cell_Name_1 = "Cell_Name_1"; and this for every cells in the sheet, so I can obtain: public const string Cell_Name_1 = "Cell_Name_1"; public const string Cell_Name_2 = "Cell_Name_2"; public const string Cell_Name_3 = "Cell_Name_3"; ----etc------ Thanks in advance. -- Luigi Hi, in column B place the needed numbers, say B2 = 1, B3 = 2 etc. In column C place the formula...

Can Outlook Run in the Background?
In the past, I have worked with Microsoft Outlook Express and have seen it run in the background in the Task bar by the clock and check for messages and give reminders without having to open up Outlook Express entirely (Unless it asks me if I want to do that). I also notice that MSN Messenger runs that way all the time. My question is: Can Outlook run in the background like Outlook Express and MSN Messenger??? I would love that feature to be made available in the future. Thank you. Outlook 2003, yes. Just right click on outlook icon in system tray (area next to clock when its run...

How to Handle Errors in The Code?
Hi, How should we handle the exceptions/errors in the Excel? I am using the following code, but during running it gave some errors. I wanted that if the error occurs during running, it would be handle automatically. What extra piece of code I add in order to handle the error? Any suggestion will be appreciated. I am getting the error like: a. File not found b. Object required. Regards BENAZIR CODE: Sub ArchivelogChk 'This module checks you are in archivelog mode, and aborts the entir thing 'if not. No point in trying to perform a hot backup unless you are. strFileOut=&...

Running VBA created in XL for Win on Mac
I am creating a customized workbook that uses numerous VBA routines using a Windows version of Office (97, 2000 or 2002). From my understanding the code should run the same in the Mac vesion of Excel. Is this correct? Also, are there any issues I should be aware of where code compatibility is concerned? This is my first experience with XL for Win vs. XL for Mac. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Determining public folder server from Windows Outlook
In short, is there a way to determine the name of the public folder server from Windows Outlook? The main Exchange mail server is easy, but what about the public folder server? Up until a few days ago, my Entourage scheduling functions worked okay because long ago, someone in IT told me the name of the public folder server. But the company changed all of their servers -- it was hard enough finding out the Exchange Mail server, and no one seems to know the public folder server name (my old contact left the company). LDAP servers were not changed. I have Outlook 2002 and also 2000 for Window...

copy and paste running total to another sheet
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CA4C0D.576CE2C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there,=20 I did this once before, but forgot: I could drag and drop a column total = from one sheet to another sheet so that if the column total changed in = sheet A, for example, the corresponding number in sheet B would change = automatically... How to drag and drop this column total? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CA4C0D.576CE2C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1&qu...

how do I convert an Excel workbook to .txt or .csv
I need to import a data base that has to be in .txt or.csv file>save as *.CSV or *.TXT Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ROSSPOSS" wrote: > I need to import a data base that has to be in .txt or.csv Those are found in the File > SaveAs dialog, the filetype dropdown on the bottom of it. HTH. best wishes Harald "ROSSPOSS" <ROSSPOSS@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:50E73FD5-5782-4956-9AD0-C054EDFF21E8@microsoft.com... > I need to import a data base that has to be in .txt or.csv "ROSSPOSS" <ROSSPOSS@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Audit Public folder contents
Hi Is there anyway of tracking public folder item deletions? I know I can enable the medium logging in diagnostic logging but that only reports on deletions of the folder not the items within the folder. We have a few calendars and entries keep getting deleted. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks Tec Have you considered removing the permissions from users to delete "all items". If you change the deleted items setting to “own” this might resolve your issue. "Tecnik" wrote: > Hi > > Is there anyway of tracking public folder item deletion...

Resetting Other User's Folder List
Re: Outlook 2003 When accessing another user's Calendar that you have been granted permissions to, a reference to that person's calendar appears in the lower part of the File > Open > Other User's Folder menu. I have not been able to determine how to clear or reset this menu. And unlike the adaptive menus in other Office applications, these references have not removed themselves even though the shared calendars are no longer accessed. Any suggestions? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/usertips.htm#otherusers for information on what changes to make in the registry t...