Checkbox Private

I have a macro in Excel that generates a calendar appointment in Outlook that
works fine except that I don't know how to set the Private checkbox in
Outlook.
Can somebody help please?

The object browser (F2 in VBA) is your friend. Take a look at the
AppointmentItem.Sensitivity property.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Frank Van Eygen" <FrankVanEygen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a macro in Excel that generates a calendar appointment in Outlook
>that
> works fine except that I don't know how to set the Private checkbox in
> Outlook.
> Can somebody help please?

0
Sue
1/29/2010 4:20:32 PM
Tahnk you Sue,
This did the trick:
Set olApt = olApp.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem)
olApt.Sensitivity = olPrivate

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:

> The object browser (F2 in VBA) is your friend. Take a look at the
> AppointmentItem.Sensitivity property.
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
>      Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
>

> "Frank Van Eygen" <FrankVanEygen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a macro in Excel that generates a calendar appointment in Outlook
> >that
> > works fine except that I don't know how to set the Private checkbox in
> > Outlook.
> > Can somebody help please?
> >

> .

Removing or deleting Checkboxes from workbook
After copying data off the web into Excel I get lots of HTMLCheckboxes which I don't want and bloat the wookbook slowing down loading, processing, and saving. Any suggestions on deleting all checkboxes?? -- Brian McNamee I think you should import that data so you don't have all that HTML stuff. Take a look at this: http://www.mrexcel.com/tip103.shtml As for deleting the HTML stuff, try this: Sub DeleteWebObjects() Cells.Hyperlinks.Delete ActiveSheet.Pictures.Delete End Sub -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Y...

Printing Private events/appts. on Calendars
A while ago I asked about how to stop Outlook printing private appointments or events in the calendars. Someone said to check "don't print private events" in the print screen which I did. Anyway, the calendar that gets printed, in the day that there is a private event it says "Private Event". How do I stop it from printing them altogether? I want it to appear on the calendar as nothing. ie. if there is only that event then the calendar should appear with no events for that day. Thanks ...

AutoFill Checkbox
What would be the code used to auto-check a checkbox when a date is entered into a field? Thanks, Pam "Pam" <pamnospam@deltaprocess.com> wrote in news:##x0DaI$HHA.4732@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl: > What would be the code used to auto-check a checkbox when a date > is entered into a field? > > Thanks, > Pam > Me.checkboxname = true Put it in the date's afterupdate event. If you also want to clear the checkbox if someone clears the date, use this instead If len(Me.datecontrolname & "" ) > 0 then Me.checkboxname = True Else Me.che...

How do I show a checkbox in a cell holding a true/false or yes/no or 1/0 value?
I'm sure I've seen this in Excel spreadsheets before, but can't find an example anywhere and I'm getting frustrated with the help system's insistence on showing the answers to completely irrelvant questions I just didn't ask. I want the spreadsheet user to be able to check or uncheck a box to signify a yes/no value. Should be simple right? Somebody help me out, please. Brian Lowe ---------@ You could try drawing check boxes from the Forms Toolbar, via View > Toolbars > Forms (not from the Control Toolbox) See : http://tinyurl.com/vykc for a previous outline...

checkbox & button style & win xp
Hello, I've a checkbox with button style. Under WinXP & WinXP style, it was painted as old OS style. Why ? Jimmy "Johann Obermayr" <Johann.Obermayr@sigmatek.at> wrote in message news:OCdYACJXFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I've a checkbox with button style. > Under WinXP & WinXP style, it was painted as > old OS style. > Why ? > > Jimmy Which compiler are you using? VC6 is not setup to use themes by default... you will need to change/add the following defines in your stdafx.h file... You will also need to d/l and in...

read only CheckBox
I am wondering how to disable user's input on a CheckBox, that is to say, to create a read only CheckBox. And is it possible to change CheckBox's color to gray(RGB(192,192,192))? Thanks William In article <#6tVqleWFHA.3572@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, port@mx15.freecom.ne.jp says... > I am wondering how to disable user's input on a CheckBox, that is to say, to > create a read only CheckBox. And is it possible to change CheckBox's color > to gray(RGB(192,192,192))? your_checkbox.EnableWindow(FALSE); When you disable the window, it'll automatically turn grey (...

Defaulting Checkboxes on POP Document Inquiry Window
You should be able to change the default of whether the "Open Purchase Orders", "Historical Purchase Orders", and the "Receipts Received" checkboxes are checked or not WITHOUT having to purchase the VBA Modifier or without using VBA scripting. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...

Checkbox Control
How can i display a True value in a cell if a checkbox control is checked (and false value if it is unchecked). Thanks for any suggestions. There are two checkboxes in Excel. One is from the Forms toolbar and the other is from the Control Toolbox toolbar. If your checkbox is from the Forms toolbar, then rightclick on the checkbox and choose "Format Control". Then on the Control tab, type in the address of this cell. If your checkbox is from the Control toolbox toolbar, then go into Design mode (another icon on that toolbar), rightclick on the checkbox, choose Properties and l...

Prevent Reflection of Private Members
Hello NG, I'm working on a licensing component. In my validation class I'd like to temporarily cache this and that using static fields. However, in order to not compromize security, I have to prevent any foreign code to access or change these private static fields. Using reflection (and proper rights) anyone could easily reflect these fields and change them, thus cracking my validation procedure. I experimented with the ReflectionPermission attribute, however, I wasn't able to achieve what I need (or I don't understand the concept of these permissions). ...

all holidays marked as private?
Does anyone know of a way to make all holidays NOT private? Somehow, during the installation of the ipaq 2210 for one user, it created duplicate entries for all of the users appointments, events, etc... and marked them as private. I was able to run a utility to that deleted one of all of the duplicate entries but it deleted the original entry and not the ones marked private. I've gone thru the users appts., events, etc. and unchecked private but all future Holidays are still marked as private. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Sorry, I'm not replying to your question. I h...

What's the best way to delete all personal/private meetings/appts?
How do I clear out all personal data from my Outlook Calendar without having to click on each appointment and/or series to delete it. I've marked all these events as Private. Is there an easy way via a wildcard or global parameter, etc. to catch most of these events and delete them at the same time? If you view them in a table you can select all, or select some (eg only Private ones). These instructions should help you: change to By Category View (exactly how depends on your version which you failed to post) Select all | Delete OR... You can turn on the Advance...

Can't open private folder from Outlook 2002
My PC was upgraded and the .pst file was copied to the new machine. When I tried to open the folder (File, Open, Outlook Data file, and click the .pst file) , I get a pop-up window with the message 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again'. But this is a new machine with much faster speed and memory. When I tried to define the folder (Tools, Options, Mail set up, Data files , open Files.., and click the .pst file) a window pop-up prompting me to open it from a list of programs. If I select Outlook then another pop-up window appeared w...

Group checkboxes on subform
Hello, I am creating a form that has two fields on it that are linked to a table. When I click one of the fields a subform opens. On this subform I have created a group of 9 checkboxes (like a matrix). If the first checkbox is checked, I want the value "T" to be entered in the first field of the mainform and the value "W" to be entered in the second field of the mainform then the subform should close. If the secondbox is checked then different values should be entered in the feld and so on. I suspect that I need to write a procedure in the propertiesfield ...

Forms with text boxes and checkboxes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) So I'm working with forms that have both checkboxes and text boxes and I can't seem to get the form to be able to use both, checking the boxes, while being able to write in the text box. I can get either or, but not both. Does anyone know how to do it? Sorry, but unless you provide a complete & detailed description of how you've gone about what you've done there's little hope of anyone guessing where you may have gone wrong. There's no reason why any of the controls from the Forms toolbar should...

CheckBox Checked Function
I have two sheets in my workbook, one for data entry, and the second i where the data is filled in depending on what is entered on th first/data entry page. When completed, the user will never even se the second page, it is being faxed out to customers. I have four checkboxes on the first page. They each have fou corresponding checkboxes on the second page. I need to make sure tha if someone checks checkbox A on the first page, the correspondin checkbox A gets automatically checked on the second page. I've looke around, and something simialr to this would probably work: Private Sub...

Checkbox linked to calcs
Hi, I'm trying to use a checkbox to either include a certain data point or exclude it. If checkbox is checked, n=n-a, if checkbox is unchecked, n. I tried running the following code, but it doesn't work. Can someone please help? Dim withMobile As CheckBox If withMobile.Value = True Then Range("U66").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[60]+RC[90]+RC[102]+RC[114]+RC[126]-RC[108]" Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("U66:U99"), Type:=xlFillDefault Range("V66").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = &qu...

URGENT: Checkbox field in GridView ???
Hello. I develop an application in which I show records in a gridView. Then I'd like to select multiple records after which I click on a button and want to pass the list of selected records to an object. But I don't manage to select multiple records in the gridview !!! I tried by adding a checkboxfield but, apart from the column header, the actual checkbox for each record doesn't appear in the grid. Nor does anything happen when I click in that column So how? Apart from the checkboxfield, is there another way to select multiple records? thank you Chris ...

Require Batch Approval Checkbox Inactive
I was working in the Posting Setup window and somehow managed to mark the Require Batch Approval box for all Series and all Origins. I went through and manually changed settings on most but was unable to unmark the checkbox on a few Origins in Purchasing because the box was inactive. How do I activate the checkbox so that I can unmark it? -- Pete P. Pete, The following query will unmark all checkboxes for the purchasing series automatically to not require batch approval. You will need to execute against your company database: update sy02300 set REQBAPRV = 0 where Series = 4 Best r...

Need checkbox automatically in some cells of a new row
I am trying to create a template for a worksheet that contains columns that contain checkboxes. I need the checkboxes to appear in the cells in certain columns when a new row is added. How can I do it without having 5 million cehckboxes appearing and printing in rows that aren't being used? ...

Inserting a checkbox
WinXP Home, Excel 2003 How to do it? I tried Insert | Symbol. No luck. Then, I opened the Control Toolbar, and found the checkbox control. But I couldn't figure out how to insert the box into a cell, such that the user could click on the resulting box to check or uncheck the box. Pleasee advise. -- PT Like drop down you cannot have a checkbox in a cell. From taskbar, Toolbox drag a checkbox and size the checkbox so that it sits right on the cell and set a property of the checkbox that so as to resize and move with the cell. If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob ...

Checkbox to change forms record source
Access2003 I have a form called fMOrderSearch. On the form I created an Option group called optRecSource using 2 checkboxes. Check56 -Option Value 1 and Check58 -Option Value 2 I would like to change the forms recordsource according to which check box is selected. If Option Value 1 SELECT ApprovalStatus, CCode, CCodeDetail, CurrentQueue, Desc, EDate, Yr1, Yr2, Yr3, Yr4, CustName FROM tNonconformance ORDER BY tNonconformance.EDate DESC;-- If Option Value 2 SELECT ApprovalStatus, CCode, CCodeDetail, CurrentQueue, Desc, EDate, Yr1, Yr2, Yr3, Yr4, CustName FROM tMYNon...

Partner Private Managed Communities Site
Hi, I used to frequent the Microsoft Partner Private Managed Communities Support Site on a regular basis, then lost access when my Laptop's harddrive crashed. When I attempt accessing the site now, it prompts me with: (Site Authorization Enter the Secure Code provided by your Site Administrator) I do not know what this code is nor do I know how I would obtain it. Does anyone understand this and know what steps I need to take to regain access to this Managed Support Community? Many thanks in advance. -- CJM Open a support incident with Microsoft RMS Sales team. They will send...

Use checkboxes with linked external data?
I have a number of columns for which I want to use a checkbox for each row. The problem is, since I'm using external data, the number of rows in the sheet will vary based on the query I'm using. The "Fill down formulas..." option in the Data Range Properties doesn't seem to have an effect on the checkbox behavior. Is there any way to make the Cell Link in the check box properties dynamic? Is there a way to make the checkbox behave like a formula? i.e. When my query returns 4 rows, I get 4 checkboxes linked to the appropriate cell. When I have 15 rows, I get 15 ch...

checkbox to enable/diable other fields
Hi all, I have a check box on my form called "Permits" that if checked I would like a button to appear that will allow users to view the permit info. If the box is unchecked I want the button to be invisible. Thanks in advance to this awesome group for your help. Andrew J. Brofman Chief Fire Marshal Lake Grove, NY The Checkbox needs to be bound to a Yes/No field in your underlying table, with the Default Value set as = No. The Visible Property for the command button (called ViewPermits in this example) has to be set to No. Then place this code in the form's code module: ...

Create private contacts accounts
Within security I have global read on contacts. However I would like to make some contacts Business Unit only access. I know sharing can do this, but when managing over 4 million records, sharing becomes to cumbersome. I would like the ability to "Make Private" a contact or account or any object similarly to the Outlook function on appointments. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the bu...