Changing the 'Mark item as read when selection changes' at runtime

Hi,

Outlook version 2007
VS2008
Using VSTO and Redemption

I need to change the following settings at runtime

Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane
Wait [    ] seconds before marking the item as read.
Mark item as read when selection changes.

All the above settings are on a form found here:

Tools --> Options --> Other  --> Reading Pane

The registry settings are stored in

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences]

I know how to change the registry settings but I don't know to re-load these
settings again without closing outlook and re-openning it again (which I
don't want to do).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've been stuck on this for a
lo......ng time.

Thanks

There's no way to do what you want. Outlook will read those settings only at
startup and from then on will use cached settings in memory. Even if the
settings are changed it will write them out but use the cached settings, so
you're stuck.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Nabil" <Nabil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Outlook version 2007
> VS2008
> Using VSTO and Redemption
>
> I need to change the following settings at runtime
>
> Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane
> Wait [    ] seconds before marking the item as read.
> Mark item as read when selection changes.
>
> All the above settings are on a form found here:
>
> Tools --> Options --> Other  --> Reading Pane
>
> The registry settings are stored in
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences]
>
> I know how to change the registry settings but I don't know to re-load
> these
> settings again without closing outlook and re-openning it again (which I
> don't want to do).
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've been stuck on this for a
> lo......ng time.
>
> Thanks

0
Ken

Need help to read Pie Chart Series Range
Excel 2003, I have an existing Pie Chart and want to extract the Ranges (cells) used. My code below returns with a "Type mismatch" error. Sub GetPieChartSeries() Dim mySeries As Series ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate Set mySeries = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1) Debug.Print mySeries.XValues (errors here) Debug.Print mySeries.Values End Sub Thanks, - Pat ...

How to stop RichEdit color change overriding default color
I've got a handly little syntax editor going along (that--so far-- is waaay faster than the examples on codeguru.com (if you'd like to know how to speed them up, I spotted a logic flaw in two of them. If you're interested, just email me). I have a question on a different syntax editor I'm writing for an in-house language though, so you'll notice some unique features that enable me to take shortcuts. But I've got a funny little problem. If the user is typing at the end of the rich edit control, and they type in a keyword and it gets colored, any text typed after tha...

Troubleshooting missing items in Search Folders
Hi, all - I've got OL2003 SP2, and in the interest of organizing my boatload of client correspondence, I've just started setting up search folders for them. I have used Search Folders a lot in the past, but am running into some strangeness... My goal is to find all mail sent to or from me, to or from my clients' registered domain names, looking in my inbox or sent items folder only. I was unable to make a wildcard (to act on anybody@domain.com) if I used a custom search folder, no matter what I did - in advanced, using "TO contains domainname.com" and "FROM c...

Legend Changes After Save
I am working in Excel 2007. When I delete certain Series from the legend, save and close the file, the next time I open it the deleted series are back. How can I stop it from defaulting back? Thanks! PD, I can't duplicate this problem, why don't you send me a copy of the file before you delete the item from the legend and tell me exactly what you do, so I can duplicate it. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire shanedevenshire@sbcglobal.net Microsoft Excel MVP "WolfgangPD" wrote: > I am working in Excel 2007. When I delete certain Series from the legend, > save and...

Problem changing parent Business unit
WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy, however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in his own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2 child business units). We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units. We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local...

Printing changes layout
I am printing a booklet on Pub 2002 - when I print one page, it prints a page where everything has changed - resized, cut off the edges, etc. The worst part - when done printing, it goes back to normal view and it actually changes my layout to match what is printed - permanently. Any ideas what is going on? I printed on both my Lexmark and HP printers, does the same thing. I have Windows XP. Help! Thanks! Look at your page layout, has it changed? I know this will happen to me occasionally when I change printers. If I change back to the original printer the publication will revert...

Select last value
I am trying to select the last (bottom) value on a one-column list. I am using the COUNT function to designate the bottom value that is not zero, and the CHOOSE function to select the designated value. But, I can't make that work. Help appreciated. try =match(a number larger than possible,your range) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Carl" <c@invalid.com> wrote in message news:eciLEKsvFHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I am trying to select the last (bottom) value on a one-column list. I am > using the COUNT function to designate the bottom va...

How do I get a filter to "UPDATE" the rows selected?
Hey there! I am using Excel 2002 and I have a speadsheet that has prices in it. If I have the filter set to (the filter criteria is much more complex than this though) prices for items that cost >$5.00. Of I change an item to 4.59, it should not be seen. How can I get it to re-update the rows shown, with out releaseing the filter and resetting it? Is there something like refresh.filter or anything like that? Thanks Phil AFAIK you must release and reset but a macro with a worksheet_change event could trigger this for you so that it would happen automatically. -- Don Guillett SalesAid...

Sent Mail items not showing up
Using Outlook 2002 w/SP2 on WinXP Pro. Unable to view items in Sent Item folder (Outlook shows normal blank window with "there are no items to show in this view") even though the Item count in the lower left shows over 2600 msgs in the Sent Items folder. It keeps increasing as new msgs are sent. Using the standard view, all standard columns, with NO Filter set. Anybody seen this before? Any ideas? ...

changes to message size limits
On Exchange 2003, one huge annoying feature is that even when I make configuration changes, it seems to take so long for them to actually go into effect. This time it's the message size limits. I tried changing them for an individual user in AD, even told the RUS to resync. An hour later that still hadn't taken effect, so we moved on and changed the global default in Exchange's Message Delivery properties. Another hour later and still no dice. We had a company-wide default of 15 MB (huge, I thought). I increased my account to 30 MB in AD, and then on the Message Delivery pro...

Non Inventory Item Posting Account
where to set the default post account (debit) for receiving of non-inventory item, with and without purchase order? I tried to use Posting Accounts>Sales>Non Invenotised Item but it does not seems to pick up. Dear HFLo: You need to set the posting accounts in the Purchasing series for receiving transactions. However, there is no 'Non-Inventory' posting account setting in Purchasing as there is in Sales, so the account you want the non-inventoried item charged to really needs to be selected when you are setting up the Purchase Order. When you enter the item in the PO Line ...

CtreeCtrl multiple selection
Hi, Is there any simple way (samples) to set a CTreeCtrl has multiple selection feature? Thanks, Chi Try these: http://www.techsoft.no/bendik/ http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/misc-advanced/article.php/c723 http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/misc-advanced/article.php/c629 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Chi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21bd01c4aa63$2e355d70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there any simple way (samples) to set a CTreeCtrl has > multiple selection feature? Thanks, > &...

Font size change
Is there a way to increase the size of the font. I have a large, hi-res screen and MS-Money insists on using something the size of a 6-7 point font. Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, Linda wrote: >Is there a way to increase the size of the font. I have a large, hi-res >screen and MS-Money insists on using something the size of a 6-7 point font. Try changing the font setting in IE to a larger size. View->TextSize. If you want to see the size of the font in money. You must change the computer's font size. within money there is no option to do so. you would have to go to...

pivot table changes when data is refreshed.
Hi, I have a pivot table with grouping based on a field called "period which is of date type. I have grouped it into months and quarters However when i refresh the pivot table whenever the data (which is in seperate sheet) is changed, the groupings are going out. I want t preserve the groupings as they are like a template. How do i stop th changing the format and layout of the pivot table whenever i refres the data? any ideas? please help. regards Kiran:mad ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages d...

Change default view of Activies to Service Activities.
When clicking on any "Activities" tab, CRM shows list of activities of the object, and it's the view: "Open Activity Associated View". Can we customize so that the view "Open Service Activity Associated" will be shown instead? Only show the Service Activities. Hi, Here is something for your interest. Thanks to Michael. http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS11 -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.word...

Charts not recognizing source data if original linked data is changed.
I am very frustrated by Excel (2003) at the moment. I'm relatively new to using Excel in depth. I have always been able to work my way through most intricacies and pitfalls. But now I have been working in a workbook with linked sheets (and with linked workbooks too) and have two problems that I cannot solve. Right now, I have about 47 sheets that are set up as follows: detail data: this is the raw data the the user enters daily totals: this is calculated data from the detail sheets summary sheets: further sums from the daily totals and a chart object that charts these sums (a line or sc...

Item Quantity Discrepancy and Worksheet 401 and 260 .. HQ Adjustme
I keep getting a HQ Adjustment at the store when I run a 260. This is after I have ran a 401 and a 501. When it makes the adjustment at the store it also seems to make that adjustment at HQ which always creates a discrepancy. I am running 1.3.1010 right now. The store right now shows HQ Adjustment and when I run a 260 it makes an another adjustment.. Keeps doing this over and over again. Even if I do a 501 in the middle. Any ideas? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C77325.4B0EBDF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" C...

Changing Report Fields
What happens to the reports if we change screen fields. Does anyoneknow what happens in the event of: - adding a field – presumably doesn’t appear on any report - changing a field – label or properties - removing a field? Any help please? Hi, - Adding a field would change nothing to a report. You will have to alter the report itself to make it visible there. - Labels are set inside the report itself, so this won't change if you change them on the form. - Removing the field will not change the report, but it will be empty becaus the user cannot enter data for that field (unless som...

Changing of Cell protections after saving Excel File (2002)
This problem occurs when I protect a document using a macro 4.0 function: =PROTECT.DOCUMENT(TRUE,,,TRUE,TRUE). When I use the function within a macro4.0 macro, on an original file, everything works fine. The sheet has unlocked cells, and when the sheet is protected, it allows me to access those cells. But if I save the file, or save.as another name, then the fun begins. The enable selection of the sheet( view codes) has gone from 0-xlNoRestrictions to -4142- xlNoSelection. This locks me out of doing anything in the sheet. When I unprotect and then re-protect the sheet using the T...

how do I change cell references automatically in formulas
In Excel 2000, I have data in 80 rows and 10 columns. Each week I add a new row. I have a separate chart for each column with the data range from the first row to the last.. Each week I have to change the data range to reflect the new last row for each chart. Is there someway I can do this automatically? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "jnw3" <jnw3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3551F9-FBC6-4841-95B4-618AB1893190@micros...

Change the anchor property of a control.
Hello. How can I capture the event, when changing the anchor property of the control ? I.e : myPanel.anchor = AnchorStyles.Left & AnchorStyles.Bottom .... How can I know, when the Anchor property is changed (which event?) ? Thanks :) Am 12.06.2010 23:46, schrieb Mr. X.: > Hello. > How can I capture the event, when changing the anchor property of the > control ? > > I.e : > myPanel.anchor = AnchorStyles.Left & AnchorStyles.Bottom > .... > How can I know, when the Anchor property is changed (which event?) ? Like I said, about once o...

Cannot remember my e-mail logon password, how do I change it?
I use outlook 2007 and have a need to access my e-mail logon password. I've got the remember password box checked but can not remember the password myself. Is there anyway to retrieve this or change or recreate it? You wuld have to contact your ISP to reset or provide you with the password "Rviviani" <Rviviani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5DAFCAB-FC29-4FF4-A5E2-AE4DDE6DC2A0@microsoft.com... >I use outlook 2007 and have a need to access my e-mail logon password. >I've > got the remember password box checked but can not remem...

Making Item as Read
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3F222.48BD9620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, Is there any way to automatically mark an item as read before it is = deleted? Basically I view items in a preview pane and want to be able = to delete them without having to open it up or marking as read first. = The reason is that I have some bosses who send me e-mails and I read = them and if I delete them, the bosses will recieve an "item deleted = without being read" message....

Cannot change cost basis calculation method
The online help for Money 2003 says that I should be able to change the method used to calculate the cost basis of a mutual fund. However, when I go to the details page for a mutual fund, no such option exists. Is this a bug in the documentation, or the program? In microsoft.public.money, Paul Galbraith wrote: >The online help for Money 2003 says that I should be able to change the >method used to calculate the cost basis of a mutual fund. However, when I >go to the details page for a mutual fund, no such option exists. Is this a >bug in the documentation, or the program? ...