add note to body or notes

Outlook 2003 SP1

Hi,

The following script adds a note to existing notes in the notes field.

'-----------------
Sub CommandButtonNewEntry_Click()
On Error Resume Next
Item.Body = Now() & " " & pCurUserName & ": " & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & Item.Body
End Sub
'-----------------

My problem is that all the formatting is lost and turns it to plain text.
Any ideas on how to keep the formatting that exists in the notes field?

Thanks, Joel

0
Joel

Depends on the item. If it's an email, it's probably html, so read/write the
stuff from/into the HTMLBody property.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:42:20 -0800 schrieb Joel Allen:

> Outlook 2003 SP1
>
> Hi,
>
> The following script adds a note to existing notes in the notes field.
>
> '-----------------
> Sub CommandButtonNewEntry_Click()
> On Error Resume Next
> Item.Body = Now() & " " & pCurUserName & ": " & vbCrLf & vbCrLf &
Item.Body
> End Sub
> '-----------------
>
> My problem is that all the formatting is lost and turns it to plain text.
> Any ideas on how to keep the formatting that exists in the notes field?
>
> Thanks, Joel
0
Michael
2/17/2010 5:05:29 PM
No, it's a custom Task item.  Any ideas?

"Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" <mb@mvps.org> wrote in message

> Depends on the item. If it's an email, it's probably html, so read/write
> the
> stuff from/into the HTMLBody property.
>
> --
> Best regards
> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>  Manage and share your categories:
>  <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>
>

> Am Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:42:20 -0800 schrieb Joel Allen:
>
>> Outlook 2003 SP1
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The following script adds a note to existing notes in the notes field.
>>
>> '-----------------
>> Sub CommandButtonNewEntry_Click()
>> On Error Resume Next
>> Item.Body = Now() & " " & pCurUserName & ": " & vbCrLf & vbCrLf &
> Item.Body
>> End Sub
>> '-----------------
>>
>> My problem is that all the formatting is lost and turns it to plain text.
>> Any ideas on how to keep the formatting that exists in the notes field?
>>
>> Thanks, Joel

0
Joel
2/17/2010 5:35:25 PM
Tasks and appointments store the body in RTF.
You would need to use either Extended MAPI (C++ or Delphi only) or
<plug>Redemption (url below) - set the SafeTaskItem.RtfBody property</plug>

--
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
"Joel Allen" <joelallen123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> No, it's a custom Task item.  Any ideas?
>
> "Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" <mb@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>

>> Depends on the item. If it's an email, it's probably html, so read/write
>> the
>> stuff from/into the HTMLBody property.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards
>> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>>  Manage and share your categories:
>>  <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>
>>

>> Am Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:42:20 -0800 schrieb Joel Allen:
>>
>>> Outlook 2003 SP1
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The following script adds a note to existing notes in the notes field.
>>>
>>> '-----------------
>>> Sub CommandButtonNewEntry_Click()
>>> On Error Resume Next
>>> Item.Body = Now() & " " & pCurUserName & ": " & vbCrLf & vbCrLf &
>> Item.Body
>>> End Sub
>>> '-----------------
>>>
>>> My problem is that all the formatting is lost and turns it to plain
>>> text.
>>> Any ideas on how to keep the formatting that exists in the notes field?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Joel

0
Dmitry
2/17/2010 10:23:38 PM
Redemption seems like the solution to me.  If I bought it and installed it
on my computer, will the code still work on other users computers, or do I
need to install redemption on everyone's computer?

"Dmitry Streblechenko" <dmitry@dimastr.com> wrote in message
> Tasks and appointments store the body in RTF.
> You would need to use either Extended MAPI (C++ or Delphi only) or
> <plug>Redemption (url below) - set the SafeTaskItem.RtfBody
> property</plug>
>
> --
> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> http://www.dimastr.com/
> OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> and MAPI Developer Tool
> -
> "Joel Allen" <joelallen123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> No, it's a custom Task item.  Any ideas?
>>
>> "Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" <mb@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Depends on the item. If it's an email, it's probably html, so read/write
>>> the
>>> stuff from/into the HTMLBody property.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards
>>> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>>>  Manage and share your categories:
>>>  <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>

>>> Item.Body

0
Joel
2/18/2010 12:14:33 AM
The dll woudl need to be installed on every computer where it is used. As
simple as copying the dll to a local folder and registering it with
regsvr32.exe will work.

--
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
> Redemption seems like the solution to me.  If I bought it and installed it
> on my computer, will the code still work on other users computers, or do I
> need to install redemption on everyone's computer?
>

> "Dmitry Streblechenko" <dmitry@dimastr.com> wrote in message
>> Tasks and appointments store the body in RTF.
>> You would need to use either Extended MAPI (C++ or Delphi only) or
>> <plug>Redemption (url below) - set the SafeTaskItem.RtfBody
>> property</plug>
>>
>> --
>> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
>> http://www.dimastr.com/
>> OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
>> and MAPI Developer Tool
>> -
>> "Joel Allen" <joelallen123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> No, it's a custom Task item.  Any ideas?
>>>
>>> "Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" <mb@mvps.org> wrote in message

0
Dmitry

How do I add numbers in visible cells using Excel 97
I need to add values in visible cells using Excel 97 using a formula instead of adding values of each cell individually. Thank You John Kennedy If you mean your data is filtered, check out the SUBTOTAL function -- eg: =SUBTOTAL(9,B:B) Rgds, Andy -- Support Boris - visit http://www.ncadc.org.uk/letters/newszine36/boris.html If you are hidding the rows using a filter, then look in help at the Subtotal worksheet function. Other than that, there is no built in function that ignores hidden cells. Perhaps there is a cell value condition you can check - so you could use Sumif, use the c...

add cell
i have a long list all in one column. the data in the first fifteen ( thrue 15) is related and must be kept in sequence. the first fiftee cells repeats with changes in its data for the next fifteen (16 thru 30) and also must be kept in sequence. this repeats over and over for list of about 4000 cells. what i need to do is this: i need to insert an empt cell betwwn each group of fifteen cells.-to seperate them. between 15 & 16, 30 & 31 etc without disturbing the continuity of each 15 cel grouping.. thankyou so much -- ROL ---------------------------------------------------...

Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...
I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill i the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Ca someone please guide me on how this may be done... I was thinking: i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of, ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the chart with all the frills from data exported from excel, iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff t already created excel charts, iv. something else. My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of report i am writting. An...

Add-ons and verticals
Hello CRM guru's, We publish a website on which we try to give an overview of all add- ons and verticals that are available for Microsoft CRM. We do have over 100 add-ons listed, but only a few verticals. Do you have any vertical that you want to share with the CRM community? Don't hesitate and post them on www.pimpmycrm.com via the comment form or via the emailadres that is listed there. This is a free website, so you have nothing to lose. Of course, if you are looking for extra functions, add-ons or verticals, you can also find them there. I have few, can you listed that on your si...

add wave file to avi file
Can any one give me a working example on how to add a .wav file to a .avi file. I used http://www.wischik.com/lu/programmer/avi_utils.html#code I did get the .avi file working. but when I try to AddAviWav(avi,"wav.wav",SND_FILENAME); it is not working at all. I also tried the code at http://www.codeguru.com/mfc/comments/54222.shtml and code at http://www.codeguru.com/mfc/comments/38536.shtml It is not workine either. Is the play time of the .avi has to be the same as the .wav file? Thanks for help. Jim ...

How to add a new domain to Exchange 2003?
Hey everyone, We are running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Our email domain is "mycompany.com". We would like to tell Exchange also except email for domain "newdomain.com". How do I add that at the Exchange level? I now about DNS, MX records and all of that. We don't need all of that, we are just running a test. Thanks for any and all help. Clayton Recipient Policy http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Clayton Sutton" <n...

Outlook 2002: can't add new contacts, or new calendar entries
Hi; I've been struggling to get Outlook 2002 to add new contacts. They are created, but the name won't appear. Also when I try to add an event to the calendar, nothing appears. I have had these problems since Outlook 2000, which was the main reason I upgraded to Office XP Pro. But it hasn't solved the problem. I also find I can't get the auto archive to work properly, it often stops. I can't manually drag/move older emails to the archive folders, only newer ones. I've run the SCANPST program a few times, no errors. I've been trying to reduce the siz...

writing meeting notes with DAte stamps
I am new to Outlook coming from ACT and trying to understand best way to take notes, attach to contacts and make sure the date is automatically input in notes. I would loveto use one program to manage my contacts, but Act has been very easy to use. -- Pete H what version of outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-...

How to activate Notes & Activities on a Custom Entity...
Anyone know how to activate the Notes & Activities (associated entities) for a custom entity AFTER they've been created? After you create and save they can't be altered from the front-end so any advice on how to do this from the backend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

add-in
When logging onto Outlook the following message show up: "The add-in 'C:\pavfn\exch\PavExCli.dll' could not be installed or loaded. THis problem may be resolved by using detect&repair on the Help menu. Unable to load c:\pavfn\exch\\pavExCli.dll. You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .dll file." I have done all of the things mentioned and am certainly not out of memory or system resources. I have asked this question before many months ago and had to cancel something. Just do not have the message that was sent to me. I have deleted ...

Mass import Site Note
I'm not sure the best way to do this. We have several inventory Sites set up and we do inventory transfers and payables for different types of items. I want to attach a Note to each Site so the user can check if they have the correct site depending on what Items they are using. Item/Site assignment is not the best way in our situation. I thought of importing Notes but I can't see how to do this using Table Import or Integration manager. I thought of OLE notes but still, don't know how to mass update. Any ideas or help out there for me? thaks Notes are stored ...

RichTextBox to Outlook Message Body
I am using Visual Basic 2005 and I am trying to put RichTextBox1 formated text into Outlook Message body. I got code (see below) Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object OutApp =3D CreateObject("Outlook.Application") OutApp.Session.Logon() OutMail =3D OutApp.CreateItem(0) On Error Resume Next With OutMail .To =3D "kr@yahoo.com" '.CC =3D "" '.BCC =3D "" .Subject =3D "Testing" .HtmlBody =3D ? 'need code...

Lotus Notes Calendar Synchronization with Outlook Calendar
Hello All! Does anyone have any recommendations for software that will allow a user that has both a Lotus Notes Calendar and Outlook Calendar to synchronize? I am researching a solution that may allow a consultant to have their calendar information available for other Exchange users without configuring the Exchange Server to talk directly to a Notes server. Thanks in advance, Dave I have not herd of any software that does this. "Dave" <someone@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zroGc.164$fVC.28@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > Hello All! > > Does any...

Add a number based on list of criteria ??
Example: Cell A = 50, Cell B = 96%, Cell C = Cell A + (Cell A x Cell B) = 98 I want to be able to compare the list of criteria and add a number to Cell C accordingly For example: If Cell B is between 95 and 100%, Add 1 to the total in Cell C If between 85 and 94%, add 2... etc. There are more than 7 so I know I can't simply nest If statements... Any advice on how I could fairly simply accomplish this? TIA! One way: Put your % bands in a table (say in J1:Kx, e.g.: J K 1 0 11 2 5% 10 3 15% 9 .... 10 85% 2 11 ...

Re: 'Server XXXX Not Available.' When Trying To Add a Process Serv
Hi Mariano, We have contacted our Partner and they say that we have to pay $2,500.00 additional to get the process server as it is not the part of Systems Manager, any more. Our product say " New Enhancement plan" and I see Systems Manager is installed but not the process server.. By BRL; you mean Business ready license? "Viol-8-r" <viol-8-r@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:... > Thanks, Mariano, > Yes, we are checking it with the Partner and sure I will update you about > the outcome. > > "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions....

HOW DO I ADD NON-NUMERIC VALUES
HOW DO I ADD NON-NUMERIC VALUES? Without shouting (i.e., using ALL CAPS), please explain what you mean by "add non-numeric values". Addition normally requires that values be numeric. In article <4DB070A2-B74F-44EA-8FDF-A49C20AE691A@microsoft.com>, DUKE <DUKE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > HOW DO I ADD NON-NUMERIC VALUES? Can you give examples of the "non-numeric values"? (btw, we avoid typing in all capitals in the newsgroups.....it indicates shouting) -------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) (XL2003, Win XP) "DUKE...

add rows to a sheet
Hi If I have this in a sheet: 1 5 8 10 15 25 27 30 What i want is a macro there can make empty rows between the number so there come 3 empty rows between 1 and 5 and 1 empty row between 8 and 10 - and so on, I don't know how many rows there are numbers in: Hope some one understand and maybe also can help. Try this... (Put the cursor in on the first value - 1) then run the macro until the end. Sub InsertingLines() Dim Firstvalue As Integer Dim Secondvalue As Integer Dim Result As Integer Dim NoofRows As Integer Dim Number As Integer Firstvalue = ActiveCell....

Add Replication to All Public Folders at Once
I have ~400 public folders, and we are mirgrating Exchange to a dedicated server. I need to add replication for all those folders to my new server, but I don't want to go through each individual folder and add the replication for the new server. Is there a way I can add the replication for all folders at once? Or is there a way I can script it? If your folders are nested, you only need to configure the top-level folders. Then for each top-level folder, use All Tasks>Propagate Settings to push the settings to the subfolders. You can select which settings to push. -- Teresa Appelgat...

add entries to Calendar
when adding an entry into the calendar(Outlook 2002), say an hourlong meeting for a week from now, it displays at the top of my calendar from the day entered until the meeting is over. any way to not show this? this isn't normal, its only happening to one user. ...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERY BODY
HAVE A HAPPY AND A SAFE NEW YEAR MSW ...

Outlook 2002 sends blank body emails
Hi All, I've been having this problem on and off for a couple of months. The frustrating thing about it that it only happens on a few emails and I don't seem to be able to replicate the issue on demand. Problem. When sending and replying to an email the body of the email is sent blank. It is sent thru to the recipient as blank and also appears in my sent items as blank. I send my emails as HTML through an exchange server. I'm using Outlook 2002 SP-2 (10.4712.4219) and Windows 2000 Professional. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Regard gibby157 ...

How to add multiple members in DL for Exchange 5.5
Hi, Is there any way to add multiple members in Exchange 5.5 distribution list, instead of selecting one at a time. Thanks! Directory import, available in Exchange administrator tool. Baris. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "San" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f4a001c43de9$9cabde00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there any way to add multiple members in Exchange 5.5 > distribution list, instead of selecting one at a time. > > Thanks! ...

excel 2007_need to add spacing between fields for mailing list
Subject describes the concern. 2007 Word displays labels ok, but the spacing between the fields needs to be increased. Still a newbie at using this suite. Thanks for replies. Increase row height?? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "GGG_SD" <GGG_SD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11A574DE-F7D2-4B6E-9F26-11415A627950@microsoft.com... > Subject describes the concern. 2007 Word displays labels ok, but the > spacing > between the fields needs to be increased. Still a newbie at using this > suite. ...

Conversion of lotus notes address book to microsoft outlook contacts
I just bought Microsoft Outlook. I have all my addresses in Lotus Notes. Is there a way to import the addresses into Microsoft Outlook contacts? ...

How can I add a caption for each data point in a bar graph?
When you place the mouse over a data point a pop up box appears with the series name and value. How can I add additional information to that box using excel...if its possible? See the Hover Chart Labels add-in on Tushar Mehta's web site: http://tushar-mehta.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Lexy wrote: > When you place the mouse over a data point a pop up box appears with the > series name and value. How can I add additional information to that box using > exce...