Windows 7 64 bit and Outlook 2007

I have just loaded a new dell computer with windows seven 64 bit with Outlook
2007 from my previous XP machine.  All was stable on the previous machine
with the Outlook program.

Everything is working fine on the the windows 7 machine and I'm impressed
with the voice recognition.  Unfortunately Outlook has problems.  For some
reason I have lost messages in transferring data using an external drive and
the normal import and export facility.  In addition, possibly because there
are messages going back  to 2004 when I was probably still using outlook
2003 the archived files have not come across an all and I keep getting error
messages when I try to use the archive facility.  I presume this is because
of the change in 2003 on the .PST files?  How to resolve?

When I tried to bring messages across again using the standard import and
export facility I'm now getting a message "the messaging interface has
returned an unknown error.  If problem persists restart outlook "  How to
resolve asclearly restarting doesn't work?

Indeed, if I have to reload this whole thing could you advise how I'd do it
so that all the data it goes and the default mail account goes with it
allowing a clean reload which may of course have to happen.

I am also copying this to a different section of these forums in Windows 7
because I have a at Samsung Laser printer ML 1610 which was working perfectly
fine before windows 7 and for which I have downloaded  windows 764 bit
driver. In the device manager it shows the printer is working properly though
it is still showing a yellow coloured error icon and obviously will not
print.  On right clicking the printer in the control box  the option to set
the printer as the default printer is actually not in the drop down menu?
Could you kindly advise?
--
BTB

There is no reason to use the import/export functionality.  All you have to
do is open the .PST file(s) in Outlook 2007.  You can do this by going thru
the mail applet in the control panel to add the additional PST file(s) to
Outlook 2007 or start Outlook and use File > Open > Outlook Data file.

Once you have the PST file(s) opened, you can copy items between folders.

Not sure what to suggest for your printer problem as you didn't state if the
printer is connected to the PC via a network connection, USB, or LPT port.

"btbgold" <btbgold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just loaded a new dell computer with windows seven 64 bit with
>Outlook
> 2007 from my previous XP machine.  All was stable on the previous machine
> with the Outlook program.
>
> Everything is working fine on the the windows 7 machine and I'm impressed
> with the voice recognition.  Unfortunately Outlook has problems.  For some
> reason I have lost messages in transferring data using an external drive
> and
> the normal import and export facility.  In addition, possibly because
> there
> are messages going back  to 2004 when I was probably still using outlook
> 2003 the archived files have not come across an all and I keep getting
> error
> messages when I try to use the archive facility.  I presume this is
> because
> of the change in 2003 on the .PST files?  How to resolve?
>
> When I tried to bring messages across again using the standard import and
> export facility I'm now getting a message "the messaging interface has
> returned an unknown error.  If problem persists restart outlook "  How to
> resolve asclearly restarting doesn't work?
>
> Indeed, if I have to reload this whole thing could you advise how I'd do
> it
> so that all the data it goes and the default mail account goes with it
> allowing a clean reload which may of course have to happen.
>
> I am also copying this to a different section of these forums in Windows 7
> because I have a at Samsung Laser printer ML 1610 which was working
> perfectly
> fine before windows 7 and for which I have downloaded  windows 764 bit
> driver. In the device manager it shows the printer is working properly
> though
> it is still showing a yellow coloured error icon and obviously will not
> print.  On right clicking the printer in the control box  the option to
> set
> the printer as the default printer is actually not in the drop down menu?
> Could you kindly advise?
> --
> BTB

0
neo
11/28/2009 10:18:04 AM
Neo
Thank you very much for responding to my message.

I seem to have resolved some of the issues, particularly the printer, by
doing a system restore.

I am still having trouble with Outlook though and I think that it is
probably caused by my own errors.  I think what happened is that I have
loaded two lots of PST files when I was trying to bring the data across to
the new machine.  I have about two years worth of messages but I have been
unable to bring across the archived files.

I think I would like to try and dump everything on the Outlook on this new
machine and start again to see if I can get everything across.  When I tried
to uninstall Outlook then reinstall it it comes back up with the default data
files .  Could you advise me how to get everything accross including the
archive files some of which are,or were, not in Unicode.
thanks again

BTB

--
BTB

"neo" wrote:

> There is no reason to use the import/export functionality.  All you have to
> do is open the .PST file(s) in Outlook 2007.  You can do this by going thru
> the mail applet in the control panel to add the additional PST file(s) to
> Outlook 2007 or start Outlook and use File > Open > Outlook Data file.
>
> Once you have the PST file(s) opened, you can copy items between folders.
>
> Not sure what to suggest for your printer problem as you didn't state if the
> printer is connected to the PC via a network connection, USB, or LPT port.
>
> "btbgold" <btbgold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have just loaded a new dell computer with windows seven 64 bit with
> >Outlook
> > 2007 from my previous XP machine.  All was stable on the previous machine
> > with the Outlook program.
> >
> > Everything is working fine on the the windows 7 machine and I'm impressed
> > with the voice recognition.  Unfortunately Outlook has problems.  For some
> > reason I have lost messages in transferring data using an external drive
> > and
> > the normal import and export facility.  In addition, possibly because
> > there
> > are messages going back  to 2004 when I was probably still using outlook
> > 2003 the archived files have not come across an all and I keep getting
> > error
> > messages when I try to use the archive facility.  I presume this is
> > because
> > of the change in 2003 on the .PST files?  How to resolve?
> >
> > When I tried to bring messages across again using the standard import and
> > export facility I'm now getting a message "the messaging interface has
> > returned an unknown error.  If problem persists restart outlook "  How to
> > resolve asclearly restarting doesn't work?
> >
> > Indeed, if I have to reload this whole thing could you advise how I'd do
> > it
> > so that all the data it goes and the default mail account goes with it
> > allowing a clean reload which may of course have to happen.
> >
> > I am also copying this to a different section of these forums in Windows 7
> > because I have a at Samsung Laser printer ML 1610 which was working
> > perfectly
> > fine before windows 7 and for which I have downloaded  windows 764 bit
> > driver. In the device manager it shows the printer is working properly
> > though
> > it is still showing a yellow coloured error icon and obviously will not
> > print.  On right clicking the printer in the control box  the option to
> > set
> > the printer as the default printer is actually not in the drop down menu?
> > Could you kindly advise?
> > --
> > BTB
>
> .

Use the Mail applet in the control panel to create a new mail profile and
delete anything that exists. (Note: Do not copy any of the existing e-mail
profiles.  Create new and then delete the old ones.)

> [...]
>> > do
>> > it
>> > so that all the data it goes and the default mail account goes with it
>> > allowing a clean reload which may of course have to happen.
>> >
>> > I am also copying this to a different section of these forums in
>> > Windows 7
>> > because I have a at Samsung Laser printer ML 1610 which was working
>> > perfectly
>> > fine before windows 7 and for which I have downloaded  windows 764 bit
>> > driver. In the device manager it shows the printer is working properly
>> > though
>> > it is still showing a yellow coloured error icon and obviously will not
>> > print.  On right clicking the printer in the control box  the option to
>> > set
>> > the printer as the default printer is actually not in the drop down

0
neo

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Grammar check not working

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Outlook OOF

Exchange 2007 across account search