Transfer Outlook e-mail structure To Another Computer

I am currently using Outlook Express and I would like to transfer all of my
e-mail folders, etc from Outlook Express to another computer Using Outlook.

The Outlook Express is on a computer that is using XP Pro sp3 OS and I would
like to transfer it to another computer using Win 7 Pro OS but using Office
2003 and Outlook that comes with it.

Can someone tell me which filenames (full pathname) to copy so I can
configure the new computer so the Outlook will have all of the information I
have now (including all folders, like send folders, directory address, etc).

Thank You,

Gary

You would need to Configure Windows Live Mail on your Win7 Pc
Copy the Outlook Express Identity from your winxp system to Documents folder
of the win7 PC
In WLM import that Identity.
Configure Outlook on the win7 pc, test outlook, then in WLM export msgs to
Exchange (outlook)

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am currently using Outlook Express and I would like to transfer all of my
> e-mail folders, etc from Outlook Express to another computer Using
> Outlook.
>
> The Outlook Express is on a computer that is using XP Pro sp3 OS and I
> would
> like to transfer it to another computer using Win 7 Pro OS but using
> Office
> 2003 and Outlook that comes with it.
>
> Can someone tell me which filenames (full pathname) to copy so I can
> configure the new computer so the Outlook will have all of the information
> have now (including all folders, like send folders, directory address,
> etc).
>
> Thank You,
>
> Gary

0
DL
12/11/2009 7:36:15 PM
How do I copy Outlook Express Identity from my WinXP system????

I don't know which folders has this information or the folders tht needs to
be copies.  Can you give a little more information for me??

What is Windows Live Mail ???   Is it only on Win 7 ???

Thanks You,

Gary

"DL" wrote:

> You would need to Configure Windows Live Mail on your Win7 Pc
> Copy the Outlook Express Identity from your winxp system to Documents folder
> of the win7 PC
> In WLM import that Identity.
> Configure Outlook on the win7 pc, test outlook, then in WLM export msgs to
> Exchange (outlook)
>
> "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am currently using Outlook Express and I would like to transfer all of my
> > e-mail folders, etc from Outlook Express to another computer Using
> > Outlook.
> >
> > The Outlook Express is on a computer that is using XP Pro sp3 OS and I
> > would
> > like to transfer it to another computer using Win 7 Pro OS but using
> > Office
> > 2003 and Outlook that comes with it.
> >
> > Can someone tell me which filenames (full pathname) to copy so I can
> > configure the new computer so the Outlook will have all of the information
> > have now (including all folders, like send folders, directory address,
> > etc).
> >
> > Thank You,
> >
> > Gary
>

> .

WLM is the latest incarnation of Windows Mail

The OE Identity is at C\Documents & Settings\'username'\Local
settings\Application Data\Identities

You have to view hidden files to view this folder
If you want to transfer your OE address book, search to include hidden for
the 'wab' file

> How do I copy Outlook Express Identity from my WinXP system????
>
> I don't know which folders has this information or the folders tht needs
> be copies.  Can you give a little more information for me??
>
> What is Windows Live Mail ???   Is it only on Win 7 ???
>

> Thanks You,
>

> Gary
>

> "DL" wrote:
>
>> You would need to Configure Windows Live Mail on your Win7 Pc
>> Copy the Outlook Express Identity from your winxp system to Documents
>> folder
>> of the win7 PC
>> In WLM import that Identity.
>> Configure Outlook on the win7 pc, test outlook, then in WLM export msgs
>> Exchange (outlook)
>>
>> "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am currently using Outlook Express and I would like to transfer all of
>> >my
>> > e-mail folders, etc from Outlook Express to another computer Using
>> > Outlook.
>> >
>> > The Outlook Express is on a computer that is using XP Pro sp3 OS and I
>> > would
>> > like to transfer it to another computer using Win 7 Pro OS but using
>> > Office
>> > 2003 and Outlook that comes with it.
>> >
>> > Can someone tell me which filenames (full pathname) to copy so I can
>> > configure the new computer so the Outlook will have all of the
>> > information
>> > have now (including all folders, like send folders, directory address,
>> > etc).
>> >
>> > Thank You,
>> >
>> > Gary
>>

>> .

0
DL
12/11/2009 11:41:14 PM
You can find step-by-step instruction about how to migrate everything in
this guide;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/migratefromoewlm.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I copy Outlook Express Identity from my WinXP system????
>
> I don't know which folders has this information or the folders tht needs
> be copies.  Can you give a little more information for me??
>
> What is Windows Live Mail ???   Is it only on Win 7 ???
>

> Thanks You,
>

> Gary
>

> "DL" wrote:
>
>> You would need to Configure Windows Live Mail on your Win7 Pc
>> Copy the Outlook Express Identity from your winxp system to Documents
>> folder
>> of the win7 PC
>> In WLM import that Identity.
>> Configure Outlook on the win7 pc, test outlook, then in WLM export msgs
>> Exchange (outlook)
>>
>> "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am currently using Outlook Express and I would like to transfer all of
>> >my
>> > e-mail folders, etc from Outlook Express to another computer Using
>> > Outlook.
>> >
>> > The Outlook Express is on a computer that is using XP Pro sp3 OS and I
>> > would
>> > like to transfer it to another computer using Win 7 Pro OS but using
>> > Office
>> > 2003 and Outlook that comes with it.
>> >
>> > Can someone tell me which filenames (full pathname) to copy so I can
>> > configure the new computer so the Outlook will have all of the
>> > information
>> > have now (including all folders, like send folders, directory address,
>> > etc).
>> >
>> > Thank You,
>> >
>> > Gary
>>

>> .