System, security (AVG), or Vista disables my add-ins w/o asking

When I open Outlook 2007, Get MS message (exclamation mark in yellow
triangle) stating "The form region 'ClearContext.RelatedView' cannot be
opened. The form region manifest specifies an add-in that is not installed.'"
 Didn't give name of the add-in that was missing. When I get the message
about an add-in being disabled, it gives the lecture about about how
dangerous  they are.

I had a tech here for my Lemon Best Buy Dell Studio 17 the other day for the
second Blue Screen of Death my 6 mo. old laptop has had, and I think he
uninstalled Clear Context. He said something about it was causing too many
problems. It's not listed in the programs now. I don't have a copy of it,
either (I know, you're supposed to make a CD copy, but I didn't get around to
it. He was working so fast I didn't get a chance to intervene.

I noticed there is a new version of Clear Context available through
Microsoft. Does anyone know if it is compatible with IE? I've had to switch
to Firefox. Clear Context was listed as not compatible with IE , but a patch
was supposed to be available soon. HELP?

Thanks

ClearContext is a 3rd party Add On. Take the issue up with ClearContext tech
support. Has nothing to do with fault with Outlook

http://www.clearcontext.com/help.html
http://online.clearcontext.com/forums/troubleshooting-clearcontext-issues-start-here-t1777.html#p6798
http://blog.clearcontext.com/
--
Peter

"PHH-H" <PHH-H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open Outlook 2007, Get MS message (exclamation mark in yellow
> triangle) stating "The form region 'ClearContext.RelatedView' cannot be
> opened. The form region manifest specifies an add-in that is not installed.'"
> Didn't give name of the add-in that was missing. When I get the message
> about an add-in being disabled, it gives the lecture about about how
> dangerous  they are.
>
> I had a tech here for my Lemon Best Buy Dell Studio 17 the other day for the
> second Blue Screen of Death my 6 mo. old laptop has had, and I think he
> uninstalled Clear Context. He said something about it was causing too many
> problems. It's not listed in the programs now. I don't have a copy of it,
> either (I know, you're supposed to make a CD copy, but I didn't get around to
> it. He was working so fast I didn't get a chance to intervene.
>
> I noticed there is a new version of Clear Context available through
> Microsoft. Does anyone know if it is compatible with IE? I've had to switch
> to Firefox. Clear Context was listed as not compatible with IE , but a patch
> was supposed to be available soon. HELP?
>
> Thanks

0
Peter

System error.
My program is the only program that runs on this particular computer. Every few hours or days a system error occurs. It must be related to my program since the errors only occur when my program is running. I don't know what is causing the problem. I put the compiler and the source code on the computer and ran the debug version of my program in the debugger. The problem still occurred no different. After the crash, all running programs are gone. Its like the whole operating system cleared. I have never seen a bug like this and I don't know what to do. The program is small and simple. ...

Row Level Security
Is there any third Party module availabe for Row Level Security. One of our customer wants to restrict the access to Customers, Vendors, Items etc as per each user's access rights. If anybody has any information about this, please send it to my email. Any updates on this will be highly appreciated. Regards, Sirajudeen shismail@softnetcorp.com I have developed a Row Level Filtering demonstration that can be used with the Lesson/Sample company. It was created as a "Proof of concept" to show that filtering was possible, but is not available for purchase at this stage. A...

Update for Windows Vista (KB980248) -- No more fonts available!
I was installed Update for Windows Vista (KB980248). After the install, the machine rebooted. The install failed and I recieved error 800700C1. It was midnight so I threw up my hands and went to bed. At 3am, Windows Update ran automatically, and this time it said it succeeded but it definately did not reboot. The update was done using a "Standard" user with no administration rights. When I startup IE 8, no fonts appear. When I startup Word, it says is cannot find any fonts and throws an out of memory error loading fonts. Other portions of windows are also turn...

how to add(insert) rows programmatically
I'm trying to add 3 blank rows at the top of a sheet i have a reference to the workbook and worksheet i've searched googe for a while and there are lots of samples but none that i can get to convert (i'm in c# using com interop but if someone shows a vb6 way i'm sure i can convert that) i don't think all the sites you find on the web have good code, so thats why i'm asking here. thanks mark figured it out... private void insertRows(Worksheet xlWorkSheet,int numRows ) { object misValue = System.Reflection.Missing.Value; for (int i =...

add note button to vendor id field in payables transaction entry
I'd like to be able to write a note attached to the vendor id, and have it accessible from the Payables Transaction Entry window. There is currently no note button next to the Vendor ID field. Rob ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micros...

Change F1 functionkey and disable CTRL-Break
I've got two questions : 1. I would like excel to call my own helpfile when I press F1. 2. I would like to disable the CTRL-Break functionallity while a macro is running. Does anyone know how I can achieve those things ? Thanks Guy Van der Sande GuyVDS2000@Hotmail.com Guy, You can use Application.OnKey to assign a macro to the F1 key. See help for OnKey for more details. You can use Application.EnableCancelKey = xlDisabled to disable Ctrl+Break. Be careful with this setting -- if you get in an infinite loop, you won't be able to break out of it without using Ctrl+Alt+Delete. ...

add/sub time/hour tracking in 24 clock format
I am trying to write a formula to track time and hours based on a 24 hour clock format (without the bloody ":" 's). My problem is, I've a formula that does what I need, but when I try to input that to my workbook, it doesn't work. In my "scratch sheet" doc, it works, when I write it into my actual book, it doesn't. Same formula. Same formatting. Doesn't work. =(S12-R12) with cell formatting of 24 hour clock, (hr:min). Also, =(F14-D14)/100. (fraction, 1/2's). . . How do I get this to give me 15 minute increments vice 30. I kn...

System.Net.Sockets class
Hi, I've created a socket like this: ipAddress = ipAddress.Parse(strAddress) ipRemoteEP = New IPEndPoint(ipAddress, nPort) m_Socket = New Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp) m_Socket.BeginConnect(ipRemoteEP, AddressOf ConnectCallback, m_Socket) and that all works fine (ie. the ConnectCallBack function is called when the connection is made). However, I've hit a snag: How do I get signalled when the remote server disconnects (crashes/shuts down/closes the connection/etc)? Thanks, Alain On 2010-02-13, Alain Dekker <ab...

How do I add pictures to a form in Access 2007?
I've used 2003 and had to install photo editor. Do I have to do that in 2007 as well? I've set it up as a bound ole object in the form, inserted the photo from a file, but it displays as an icon. I've switched it to content on the properties, but it will not display the picture. ...

how to add a personal folder to an outlook address book
how to add a personal folder to an outlook address book ...

GP10 Security Task Id Question
When building a task id you must select the Product, Type & Series. Then in the bottom part of the scrollable area you select "operations" to be included into the task. However, what is meaning of the operations that are NOT checked? Are these operations not available to any user in the system? TIA TIA, Users that have only this task in their role will have access only the the checked operations, unchecked operations will be unavailable for those users. But if the user was a member of other roles or tasks that have shared operations checked, then the system will gain user...

Not able to change System Settings 01-18-06
HI Folks, when I try to change anything on the System Settings screen, none of the changes are saved, ie I make the change,click OK, then go back in and the settings have reverted to default. The Changes are like the fiscal year stuff and currency symbols and etc... Any thought, helpful hints ror suggestions...? Thanks in advanced , Krishna fixed mine in IIS right click crm web site - properties change the document expiration from 3 days to immediately -- Mark Masiak devlinfisher* "kittu" wrote: > HI Folks, > > > when I try to change anything on t...

How to Add New Item From COM Object(Qsrules)?
I need to use custom button to add item code to transaction screen but my Item code not always same Item, it can change Itemlookupcode depend on condition including Price or Quantity so that I cannot use Internal command 'PerformAddItem' , I write dll to use qsrules but it's not working , my code like these: Public Function Process(session as Qsrules.Sessionclass) as Boolean dim Entry as TransactionEntry Entry = Session.Transaction.Entries.Add(1,"11200",1,False,1,,,False) Entry.SetPrice(300) end function ****It's not working including c...

RetrieveGlobals.dll and VISTA
I'm using RetrieveGlobals.dll with Great Plains 8.0 for customizations I made. I installed Great Plains on a VISTA computer and I am getting an error. I don't know yet if it is the RetrieveGlobals.dll but does anyone know if I need one rated to work with VISTA. Thanks Kevin Make sure you run as administrator when you register the dll otherwise it will not "stick". Or you can turn UAC off. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Busines...

Access 2003 and Vista Hotfix -- does it work?
MS has posted a hotfix for the Access 2003 and Vista issue -- KB935366 Has anyone tried it? Is Access 2003 using Vista stable? Are there other major issues to be concerned with? thanks in advance... "FreeLunch" <genekim96-deja@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1180847995.000066.31970@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > MS has posted a hotfix for the Access 2003 and Vista issue -- > KB935366 Has anyone tried it? Is Access 2003 using Vista stable? > Are there other major issues to be concerned with? > > thanks in advance... Hum, that hotfix is only for multi-...

Add New Domain
Hello, I added a new email domain to our Excahnge 2003 server running on Windows 2000. No one - internal or external can mail to the new domain. I added the the new domain @ctoainc.com to the Recipient Email Addressses Policy under Default Policy in ESM. I check marked "This Exchange Org is responsible for all mail delivered to this address". I also checked the box for the new domain in E-Mail Addresses (Policy). Next I right clicked on that default policy and clicked Apply this policy now. I stopped and started the SMTP service. I did add the correct MX records, but this...

Disabling warnings on log axes
Is there any way to disable the warning that negative numbers cannot be plotted on logarithmic axes? I am generating data and plotting automatically usiong VBA and so the fix can either be an overall Excel option or a VBA command. Thanks in advance Graham Clarke I've found what I was looking for VBA version - Application.DisplayAlerts = False "Graham Clarke" <gclarke.nospam@iqep.com> wrote in message news:1D3ABB48-5E08-44DD-A51E-9264A822DB2C@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to disable the warning that negative numbers cannot be > plotted on logarith...

Easy way to add my custom button on Excel 2010 quick access toolbar?
I am trying to find if it is possible to add a custom (a button that I created myself) button to the Excel 2010 quick access toolbar? I have a lot of program code that I want to initiate and run quickly with one click from the toolbar. I don't want to use one of the own the pre-existing button images that comes with Excel 2010 because I want to use a custom icon button that will give me a better idea of the function that I am trying to perform with this macro code. Is there any easy way to do this? In Excel 2003 it was very easy to add a custom (that I created) button to any to...

disable save files in desktop
Hi, To All how can i disable domain User to save files in desktop. Group Policy to all OU Users. Note: a. Domain User Account b. To all User in OU c. Operating System Windows Server 2003 d. Client Operating System - XP, Vista and Windows 7. Regards, Vinod The only way I could think about this is 1st you remove the users from being a "Local" Admin of their PC's and then Restrict the "Desktop Folder" on the PC That they can't save it to. (READ only) This also means they can not put any addition Icons on the desktop...

GP10 security issue
Hi. I just upgraded GP7.5 to v.10. As well as the servers (now its SQL2008 on Windows 2008 OS) I did adding up new users, tasks & roles. When I tried the accessing GP using the new users, tasks & roles I created (doing this on the GP server) I was successful. When I go to the workstation & access gp using the same user login, I was able to enter the user ID & the password. However, after I selected the company and clicked OK, I was prompted "You are not priviledged to open this form" Please help. Are the workstations on a Terminal Server? -- Richard L. Whal...

How do I encrypt Social Security Numbers in Excel worksheet?
To comply with federal and university regulations, we need to encrypt sensitive data, such as Social Security numbers. How can this be done in Excel? "gracerod" <gracerod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD4E36DD-B7B2-4A0A-929C-14A1A6A26630@microsoft.com... > To comply with federal and university regulations, we need to encrypt > sensitive data, such as Social Security numbers. How can this be done in > Excel? Do you actually need to work with those numbers, or are they there just because they are? And, for each person's record, is there an...

Need rotation schedule with 6 tables of 6 people for all to meet o
I am trying to develop an algorithm for a networking session. I need a rotation schedule so that everyone will get to meet everyone only once. I will have 6 tables of 6 people at each table for a total of 36 people. I have the tables lettered A B C D E F and 1-36 people numbered and want to rotate everyone through so they all get to talk to each other just once. On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, sccyclist <sccyclist@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to develop an algorithm for a networking session. I need a >rotation schedule so that eve...

Smartlist Builder security issues
We are in the process of implementing GP 10; and we have an issue with Smartlist Builder. We are getting an error message that reads: "You do not have security priviledges. Contact your system administrator for assistance." The issue is that I am the administrator, and our parter does not know how to fix this. The users that are being effected are local admins, GP - Power Users, and SMLB Users (Power Users). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. On Nov 20, 7:17 pm, Chris Mara <Chris M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are in the process of implemen...

System.Data.Linq.DataContext derived class SubmitChanges(); method ?
Hi, I have created a LinqToSQL mapping and thus I am using the SubmitChanges(); method from the DataContext class. In that class I have related objects that belong to current entry of the main datacontext. I can read the data of those objects from the database and properly dislplay them even if I have one NM relation and also showing data at two levels behind the NM relation. But the data is not saved. I have the feeling, only =B4the most outer data is stored. In the following sample the data from SampleTable will be saved, but not a table 'Adresse' that links to &#...

Open Add Printer dialog...
In WinXP Pro with Office 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, & 2010 the following works Shell "rundll32.exe printui.dll, PrintUIEntry /il", vbNormalFocus In Win7 Pro, Office 2007 it doesn't work and I get this error. Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x0000007e). tia Vanya I forgot to mention that I am running Win7 x64... Sorry about that. Here is a hotfix that seems to work for me. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981070 "Ivan Grozney" wrote: > In WinXP Pro with Office 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, ...