problems with Yahoo email & sbcglobal internet service

I have a Yahoo e-mail address and sbcglobal internet service.  How can I set
up outlook? I keep getting error message.  Please help

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011133141033.aspx

"Dottie" <Dottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Yahoo e-mail address and sbcglobal internet service.  How can I
>set
> up outlook? I keep getting error message.  Please help

0
DL
3/4/2010 5:12:30 PM
I am having the same problem. I have AOL and added that fine, but when I put
my yahoo email and password it's giving me a problem. have you figured this
out ? please let me know that would help me out alot ! thanks.

"christina" <christina @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am having the same problem. I have AOL and added that fine, but when I put
> my yahoo email and password it's giving me a problem. have you figured this
> out ? please let me know that would help me out alot ! thanks.

If you're using a free yahoo.com or yahoo.ca address, you cannot use Outlook
or any mail client to access your Yahoo mailbox.  Yahoo requires you pay for a
Yahoo Plus account for that.

That said, some people have success using http://ypopsemail.com/
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
3/4/2010 6:06:49 PM
Brian,
There is a third alternative for at least xxx@yahoo.com, but may also apply
to yyy@yahoo.ca . In MS Outlook & MS Outlook Express if you change the web
content of your Yahoo page to "Yahoo Asia". You can still have English, and
your time zone features for the page.You can use the POP

Server Address:
pop.mail.yahoo.com (For Incoming mail)

And you should be able to use the Outgoing mail server settings too, but I
personally haven't tried this. (I use my ISP SMTP settings for outgoing
mail.)

I used to use YPOPS for a long time, but Yahoo made changes that the
program's team had not had a chance fix, at the time. For over a year now, I
poll several yahoo accts in both mail programs, with this "Yahoo Asia"
method, and it seems to work fine, for now.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News)    <message rule>

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
"christina" <christina @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am having the same problem. I have AOL and added that fine, but when I
>put
> my yahoo email and password it's giving me a problem. have you figured
> this
> out ? please let me know that would help me out alot ! thanks.

If you're using a free yahoo.com or yahoo.ca address, you cannot use Outlook
or any mail client to access your Yahoo mailbox.  Yahoo requires you pay for
Yahoo Plus account for that.

That said, some people have success using http://ypopsemail.com/
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Rich

Problems with creating a newsletter

CSV File Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Month problem

Rounding Problem

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Offline folder problems #2

OLK 2k7

outlook 2k2 problem

Service Products Tracking.
We run a workshop repair service, what is the best way to track customers products, as it seems unfeasible to add products when booking an over the counter repair order in CRM. I would like to track repairs against machine manufacturer to do simple reporting like reliability against brand etc. I would recommend the following as the product you sell is a service I would create the service as the product i.e. create product Start-up costs, hourly rate, etc. To track brand reliability I would create one or more custom entities which contain the brand and maybe even their products. T...

Sending Email #6

Hyperlink problem #3

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Problem with Database Wizard

Strange problem
We have been rolling out new Windows 7 workstations (all new computers) at work over the last few months and a strange problem has developed. Prior to Windows 7 we were using Windows XP with Office 2007. The problem is, we have a workbook which uses a UserForm for filling in all required information. Prior to rolling out the new Windows 7 workstations, the workbook and UserForm were working flawlessly (for over a year) and they still work flawlessly on the first 3 Windows 7 workstations but on the last 2 workstations we rolled out if you open the UserForm and leave it open for ...

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)