Outlook automatically restarts

Outlook 2007 on Vista 64 will restart itself within a minute of shutting it
down.  How do I deactivate this automatic restart?

Outlook probably crashes then upon shutdown.
Have you applied Service Pack 2 for Office 2007 already?
What is being logged to the Event Viewer?
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/317

Have you troubleshooted your add-ins already?
For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/88

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"SedonaLuke" <SedonaLuke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Outlook 2007 on Vista 64 will restart itself within a minute of shutting
> it
> down.  How do I deactivate this automatic restart?

0
Roady

Outlook 2003 send and recieve hang have to restart computer
I am having a problem with Outlook hanging on the send and recieve function if I do not do a manaual send all every minute or so. When I shut down Outlook it stays locked until I reset my computer with an error message of ThorConnW?dClass the ? is a letter I cannot read, I then have to use the end program to exit out and restart my computer. Thanks Mike ...

Outlook 2007 Crashing When Accessing "Old" Emails
I just added a new computer to our home office (OS: Windows 7 Home Premier). Outlook 2007 was easily installed and I could create and send email with no problem. I copied my .pst files from my old computer (also Outlook 2007, but XP Pro SPF) onto the new computer. But when I select an email to read from one of these old pst files Outlook freezes. Same thing happens if I copy a message from the old pst into the new account and attempt to read the message ... Outlook freezes. I can open Sent messages that originated from the new email account, though. Very odd and frust...

outlook forms #8
Stephen I need to know how you change the name of the tab/P.2 when creating an Outlook form. Also, how do you delete or create on the default message tab when creating a form. Thanks ...

Outlook #311
on starting outlook error message "can not open entend.dat" There is no entend.dat but there is an extend.dat. Rename your file to = ..old and Outlook will build a new correct one when you reopen it. = (Rename with Outlook closed, of course) --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Tim asked: | on starting outlook error message "can not open entend.dat" ...

Outlook opening errors
Hello. A few months ago I was running Outlook 2000 without any problems. I installed a plug-in from Incredimail. After a coupla weeks, Outlook crashed.....never to return. It messed up Windows XP Pro and I had to restore from a previous date to get WinXP working. I have been working off and on to try to get Outlook to work. Surfing the internet I got several suggestions. I installed MS Office XP and Outlook XP thinking it would over write my problems but it doesn't. I now have this problem: When I click on the startmenu Icon or the task bar Icon, Outlook will start with a "config...

Sending emails using access & outlook on citrix
We've recently switched our users over to citrix and now ever since then none of the email functions I have in my database are working. Prior to the switch the users had outlook on their desktops and when using the database they would trigger emails via command buttons, etc. It would then use there outlook to send the emails. Now that we're on citrix this function no longer works. Nothing has changed except for the users outlook is now on the citrix server instead of their desktop. How do I get this functionality back? Is there something special I need to do? More than like...

moving cell contents (automatically)
I have a spread sheet that contains one column of information. That column contains client addresses. Each line of the address is in a seperate cell (Name in A1, Street in A2, City,State,Zip in A3). This pattern continues through about 1000 contacts. I need to move the contents out from a single colum to three colums where column A would be Name, B would be Street, and C would be City,State,Zip. Is there a way to have excel do this automatically. Say move every 2nd cell to colum B and every 3rd cell to column C. By the way, I am using Office XP, but have 2003 at home if needed. ...

Macro to automatically save document with cell reference as filena
I have tried to create a workbook that automatically grabs the filename and saves the document with some problems Both methods appear to work, but Excel always crashes. There should be a way to accomplish this without a crash. Method 1: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) Dim objFolders As Object Set objFolders = CreateObject("WScript.Shell").SpecialFolders ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs objFolders("mydocuments") & "\Workflow Moves\" & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("F1").Value &...

Automatically Numbering Records
I'm new to MS Access. I need help to automatically number a field sequentially without using AutoNumber. The format of the numbering is four digits “0000”. And "9999" maximum is more than enough. If possible provide step-by-step directions. Thank You -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200708/1 You can use the DMax Function to retrieve the largest last used number from this field in your table and use that value (+1, of course) as your next value when you create a new record. You want step-by-step directions, b...

Disabling automatic date formatting
I continually have problems with Excel insisting on automatically formatting certain data as dates. For example, I frequently paste data into Excel that looks like this: 4-5 and Excel insists on formatting it as a date. I need to keep this data as 4-5 (text). How can I disable this auto-formatting? prior to entry, format the cells as Text (format=>Cells, pick numberformat tab and select text). or put in the data prefaced by a single quote '4-5 -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Frank Marousek" <frank@n-c-systems.com> wrote in message news:%23DRhZ0SfDHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP11.ph...

Outlook 2002 #215
When I print my e-mails, I used to get the From:, Sent:, To:, Cc: and the other headings in my header. Now, all I get is the body of the message. ...

shade every other row, automatically
Two question: 1. I want my excel spreadsheet to shade every other row automatically? 2. When I use filter, can the excel re-shade every other ro automatically? Regards, NYBo -- NYBo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- NYBoy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=836 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46965 From a post by Tom Ogilvy: http://tinyurl.com/dsu87 " If the hidden rows are cause by applying a filter then this formula will work: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$1:A1),2)=0 Select ...

Outlook password #2
I want to setup a login password for Outlook 2000 upon opening. I know this can be done. I have done it, but have forgotten how. ...

How to use Word 2000 as e-mail editor in Outlook 2003
Hello all, With the purchase of SBS 2003 Server came the ClientApps install of Outlook 2003. This upgraded all of the Outlook 2000's but now Word 2000 can't be used as the e-mail editor. The spot is greyed out and says Word 2003 for Editor. This has cost us our ability to fax out of Outlook since Word must be the editor for that function. Has anyone else encountered this and found a fix? Thanks, Todd There is no fix - Word and Outlook versions must match for automation to work - it has always been this way. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group ...

outlook today #26
Outlook today will not be the default start up page even when it is checked in "Customize Outlook Today..." or in Options - Other - Advanced Options. Also, Notes Folder in Outlook Today does not keep count but rather remains at zero no matter how many notes are in the notes folder. Any help on this? Hi, The following steps might help you resolve the issue: 1. Goto Customize Outlook Today and the select the option, " When starting, go directly to Outlook Today ". 2. Goto Tools --> Options --> Other --> Advanced Options and select the option, " Start...

When Outlook 2003 Opens...Word Opens
Hi, Every time I open Outlook 2003 on my XP Pro machine it also opens Microsoft Word...and a tray icon says "outlook is synchronizing folders". How do I stop Word from launching? Thanks in advance, Paul Don't set Word as your e-mail editor in Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Paul Reed" <prreed@jacksonreed.com> wrote in message news:ugty1In9EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... &...

Outlook bar folders
"I'm trying to make the last folder on the outlook bar be the first folder in viewing and have it displayed when the program open...": Is it a folder or a group and if its a group is it one of the default groups. If a folder you can drag it into position if its a default group check out http://support.microsoft.com?scid=kb;EN-US;Q198012 "Tina Taylor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c3901c3db6a$b686a6c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > "I'm trying to make the last folder on the outlook bar be > the first folder in viewing and hav...

Errors opening recurrent meetings in Outlook 2003
I am seeing a problem opening recurring meetings in my Outlook 2003 Calendar.When I attempt to open a recurring appointment in my boss's calendar I get errors: "Can't open this item. The operation failed" . Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Roman ...

WinXP Outlook 2003: Unable to Export Contacts to CSV File
Something odd is going on. When I try to export Contacts (File-Import/Export-Outlook...-Export to a file-Comma Seperated Values (Windows) The only folder to export from is an obscure PST file I created a few years back, at the same time I created many other PST files, all of which are in the same location, noe of which show up - only this one. Why can I only see one PST file? Why can't I see anything related to a Contacts file? Windows Explorer has been taking forever to show folders lately,and I've been getting periodic error messages stating: "svchost.exe - Applicatio...

encrypt Outlook Password only
I have seen a lot about encrypting messages but cannot find anything on encrypting my Outlook 2003 email password. I can observe on a network sniffer my account name and password getting sent in plain text to my ISP every 10 minutes. I know that I could check the "Require SSL..." box IF my ISP used that, but since they don't, is there anything I can do to keep this from going out? Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook 2003 #161
In my INBOX column Outlook is putting a divider in the list, TODAY, THIS WEEK, LAST WEEK, LAST MONTH, ETC. Is there a way to eliminate this divider so that I just have my inbox list? Thanks In the Inbox column right click the Arranged By field and uncheck "Show in Groups" "Gary Duarte" <gjduarte@gjdesktopsolutions.com> wrote in message news:aef001c436b4$33c88910$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In my INBOX column Outlook is putting a divider in the > list, TODAY, THIS WEEK, LAST WEEK, LAST MONTH, ETC. > > Is there a way to eliminate this divider so that I just &...

Exporting inbox in Outlook XP
I am running Windows XP and Office XP on my system. Before reinstalling Windows I made a backup of all my folders in Outlook (XP/2002). The encrypt data option was defaultly selected so I though it was a good idea for data protection. After I reinstalled the whole system I have tried to import my backup of my Outlook - For the record installed Win XP and Office XP. It came up with an error (which unfortunately I cannot remeber now because I am working on a different system). After various attmeps I have figured out that you can not import any data into another installation of Outloo...

How do I make Outlook look like Outlook Express?
I find the Outlook window too crowded; the Outlook Express window is simpler. How can I configure Outlook to look like Outlook Express? I've used the Navigator Pane options to hide what I don't want to see. ALso, how do I get back newsgroups? Thanks There really isn't a good way to do this. Outlook and Outlook Express are completely different programs and they are designed for the needs of different audiences; you'd have just as much trouble trying to make OE look like Outlook. As to the News command, go to the Programs tab in 'Control Panel|Internet Options' a...

Outlook error 0x80042109
I=92m getting an Outlook error 0x80042109 on only one of my email accounts. I am able to send and receive email from my Verizon account, but my home business account is only able to receive. This just started happening in the past week. I have tried the following: 1. It is NOT the home business account servers. I=92m able to send via webmail and I created the same account on a different computer and network and everything worked. 2. There are no viruses, ad/spy/malware on the machine. 3. Won=92t send with antivirus software on or off (Norton Corp Edition). 4. Firewall SMTP ports are open ...

outlook rules cann't automatically work
hi, all my outlook release is 2007.it works well till now i uninstall it and setup again. i found that the rules i defined cann't work automatically. i shd manully choose " run rules now" .i am confused abt its prbs. Best Regards, Chelsea Which mail account type are you using? When did it last work and what changed since then? Locate your srs-file and rename it to .old to reset your send/receive settings. Additionally see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/133 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ O...