Outlook 2010 Beta and Exchange 2003

Specs: Windows 7 Pro on HP nw8440 laptop.

Does anyone know if Outlook 2010 Beta is compatible with Exchange 2003?
When I try to setup Outlook 2010 Beta I get the following error:
"The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange
is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete the
connection". However I can ping the Exchange Server and I know it is
working as I can setup Outlook 2007 with no problem.

papparuff

--
papparuff
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
papparuff

I have it working successfully here so yes.  How are you configuring your
Outlook Account?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, papparuff asked:

| Specs: Windows 7 Pro on HP nw8440 laptop.
|
| Does anyone know if Outlook 2010 Beta is compatible with Exchange
| 2003? When I try to setup Outlook 2010 Beta I get the following error:
| "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange
| is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete the
| connection". However I can ping the Exchange Server and I know it is
| working as I can setup Outlook 2007 with no problem.
|
| papparuff

0
Milly
12/5/2009 6:47:39 AM
I have the same problem. I'm running a typical SBS 2003, with ISA 2004 server
and Exchange 2003. I'm tryin to use Outlook 2010 to connect RDPand I'm
getting the same error. I've used Outlook 2003 successfully before.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> I have it working successfully here so yes.  How are you configuring your
> Outlook Account?
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> ALWAYS post your Outlook version.
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> After furious head scratching, papparuff asked:
>
> | Specs: Windows 7 Pro on HP nw8440 laptop.
> |
> | Does anyone know if Outlook 2010 Beta is compatible with Exchange
> | 2003? When I try to setup Outlook 2010 Beta I get the following error:
> | "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange
> | is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete the
> | connection". However I can ping the Exchange Server and I know it is
> | working as I can setup Outlook 2007 with no problem.
> |
> | papparuff
>

> .

I try to set it up exactly as I have it set up on my Windows XP
computer.

I tried using Mail's Wizard and manually setting my email up. Here's my
manual setup settings:

Email Service: Microsoft Exchange
Microsoft Exchange Server: exactly as it is entered in my Windows XP
computer
Use Cache Exchange Mode: It is checked.
User Name: John Ruff

--
papparuff
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
papparuff
12/7/2009 2:53:05 PM
What happens if you use the option to manually configure Microsoft Exchange?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, papparuff asked:

| I try to set it up exactly as I have it set up on my Windows XP
| computer.
|
| I tried using Mail's Wizard and manually setting my email up. Here's
| my manual setup settings:
|
| Email Service: Microsoft Exchange
| Microsoft Exchange Server: exactly as it is entered in my Windows XP
| computer
| Use Cache Exchange Mode: It is checked.
| User Name: John Ruff

0
Milly
12/8/2009 2:33:56 AM
Has this issue ever actually been resolved? I just started with a new company
and I'm attempting to connect to their Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2010
via RPC over HTTP. My co-worker and I are getting the same error about
Outlook being unable to resolve the name and that it needs to be online.

This is quite frustrating, so I would just like to hear if anyone actually
has a solution for this.

Thanks,
Tim

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> What happens if you use the option to manually configure Microsoft Exchange?
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> ALWAYS post your Outlook version.
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> After furious head scratching, papparuff asked:
>
> | I try to set it up exactly as I have it set up on my Windows XP
> | computer.
> |
> | I tried using Mail's Wizard and manually setting my email up. Here's
> | my manual setup settings:
> |
> | Email Service: Microsoft Exchange
> | Microsoft Exchange Server: exactly as it is entered in my Windows XP
> | computer
> | Use Cache Exchange Mode: It is checked.
> | User Name: John Ruff
>

> .

I have the same problem - trying to set up Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2007

"HandsUp" <HandsUp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have the same problem - trying to set up Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2007

This newsgroup is for released versions of Outlook.  Ask questions about
Outlook 2010 in
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
1/28/2010 3:13:17 PM
I too am having the same trouble trying to configure Outlook 2010 to work with Exchange Server 2003.
0
KStout (2)
1/28/2010 5:06:27 PM
"KStout" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message

>I too am having the same trouble trying to configure Outlook 2010 to work
>with Exchange Server 2003.

And you, too, should ask in the correct venue.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
1/28/2010 9:06:59 PM
I missed that line. Sorry and thanks.
0
KStout (2)

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Exchange update problem

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

DNS Error on Exchange

Outlook OOF

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

outlook 98 corperate forms